The Pentelements *SLOW UPDATE...

By Josalen144

Kirstie can see into the future Avi can see the past Mitch is a charmer Kevin is the brain Scott is the brawn... More

PROLOGUE
Ch. 1 Meetings at the Mall
Ch. 2 New Arrival
Ch. 3 Robots and Aliens
Ch. 4 Avi's Family
Ch. 5 Motel Madness
Ch. 6 Can You Hear Me?
Ch. 7 Testing Talents
Ch. 8 Showing Avi & Sneaking Around
Ch. 9 Let's Talk
Ch. 10 Questions and Confessions
Ch. 11 Stolen
Ch. 12 Police Station
A/N Anniversary Party!!!!
Ch. 14 Pursuing the Persuader
Ch. 15 All Around the Mulberry Bush
Ch. 16 Can I Play?
Ch. 17 Don't You Dare
Ch. 18 Uh Oh
A/N Sneak Peek
Ch. 19 What Did You Do?!
Ch. 20 We Need A Plan
Ch. 21 Race Against Time
Ch. 22 Survival Strategy
Ch. 23 Plane Escape
Ch. 24 What A Day
Ch. 25 Family Matters
Ch. 26 Goodbye
Ch. 27 Shenanigans
Ch. 28 Truth or Dare
Ch. 29 Group Chat
Ch. 30 Almost There
Ch. 31 Test Drive
A/N Valentine's Day (OPEN)
Ch. 32 Chores
Ch. 33 Ruckus
Ch. 34 Welcome
Ch. 35 Break It
Ch. 36 Are We There Yet?
Ch. 37 Getting Started
Ch. 38 Avi's Turn
Ch. 39 Cheerleader
Ch. 40 Trampoline
Ch. 41 Explanation (Avi)
Ch. 42 Fun Times
Ch. 43 Early Morning
Ch. 44 Eggs
Ch. 45 Double Yolk
Ch. 46 Face Value
Ch. 47 Boots
Ch. 48 Getting Ready
Ch. 49 Fashion Police
Ch. 50 :)
Ch. 51 Growth Spurt
Ch. 52 Explanation (Kevin/Todrick)
Ch. 53 Friends and Foes
Ch. 54 Mitch vs. Avi
Ch. 55 Two Against One
Ch. 56 Accidentally, Of Course
Ch. 57 Police Chase
Ch. 58 Breathe
Ch. 59 Munchie
Ch. 60 Meditate
Ch. 61 Stirling's Strings
A/N Quick Update

Ch. 13 First Look

504 29 36
By Josalen144

(A/N Sorry for making you guys wait, this would've been out earlier but my aunt dragged me out shopping before I even got in my house from school. Got stuff, went home, forced to help clean the kitchen, etc. Anyway, hope you enjoy!)

After wandering around, trying to figure out how to put the clues together, they came across a small store. Kirstie ran inside and didn't come out for a few minutes. Just as Avi and Kevin were about to go in to see if she was okay, she came out wearing a pair of sneakers.

"Thank you!" She said to a worker in there as she left.

They both looked at her strangely as she rejoined them.

"What?" She asked, confused.

"How'd you get those?" Avi questioned, somewhat surprised.

"They were going to start a special, if you guess the proper weight of a pair of shoes you get them for free." She explained.

"And you decided to take advantage of your powers so you'd get them." Kevin said, crossing his arms.

"Well... I may have peeked into the future a little bit. But I had to! There was no way we were going to catch this guy if I was wearing heels and you both know it."

"Tell us the real reason." He said, and she blushed a little.

"Okay... and maybe my feet were starting to hurt a bit more that I would've liked." She told them, her voice getting quieter at the end.

"Ha! I knew you'd start to complain eventually! 'I'm wearing heels but you don't see me complaining.'" Avi mocked, in a slightly high pitched voice.

"Hey, I don't sound like that!"

"Yes you do!"

"Well if I sound like that, then you sound like this! 'Oh I'm Avi and I like to sleep all day. Hurr der der, der der der der.'" She copied, using a low growling voice.

"Now that's just mean." Avi said with a pout.

"Oh, and what you did to me wasn't?" Kirstie shot back.

They kept arguing and Kevin sighed, knowing he started it. Instead of stopping them, he sat down on a bench and took out the folder. He knew they'd eventually run out of things to say to each other and would stop. Taking out the contents of the folder, he first decided to look at the pictures. What was so important about these three pictures? He turned them around and saw the posted notes on the back. There were a few words written on them, but he couldn't read it. He could understand it just fine if someone said it, but reading it was a different story.

Of course his phone was in the rental car charging, so looking it up was out of the question. He thought a bit more about how he could figure it out, when Avi and Kirstie's voices interrupted his thoughts.

"Says the one who fell out of a tree and almost broke her knee when she was younger."

"Oh please, everyone falls out of a tree at least once in their life. At least I'll actually be looking where I'm going and won't fall down a hole!"

"You're just making that up. There's no way I'm gonna fall down a hole." Avi said, crossing his arms.

"You're forgetting I can look in the future, and you took a huge plummet down a deep, dark hole. Sprained your ankle, almost broke a leg." She told him with a smirk.

Kevin looked up at them with an 'are you kidding me?' glare, and they both immediately got quiet. After making sure they would stay quiet, he turned back to the posted notes and studied them again. He knew the posted notes had something to do with the picture so he glanced at the front and started looking for clues.

"Here, take a picture. Tell me if you see any similarities between the photo and what's written on the back." He said, handing them one.

"Um Kevin? We can't read Portuguese." Avi told him after glancing at the post it.

"Neither can I. Well, not yet at least. That's why I need your help looking for clues. Six eyes are better than two after all."

They nodded and all three of them started looking at the pictures. After several minutes of confusion, Kirstie finally spoke up.

"Hey Kev, these two words look kinda similar." She said, showing him her picture.

He looked at a word she was pointing at and quickly memorized what it looked like. She flipped over the picture and pointed at a street sign with small print. He looked closer at the sign and inspected it carefully. As he was looking over it, something clicked in his head and he quickly turned the photo to look at the post it note. After scanning the note, he looked at his own. His picture had a building with a sign out front that matched a few words on the post it note on the back.

"Avi let me see your picture." Kevin told him, and he handed it over.

He looked at the picture and then at the note on the back when something else clicked in his head.

"They're directions." He whispered to himself. "Quick, hand me the map!"

Kirstie grabbed the map from the folder and handed it to him. His eyes swiftly scanned over it and widened when he saw what he was looking for.

"Let me see your pictures again." Kevin told them, and they gathered around him.

"Mind filling us in on what's going on?" Avi asked after handing him his picture.

"They're directions. Each picture is a place we need to pass to find our mystery guy. Now I just need to see which picture comes first." He explained, as he opened the map.

He remembered their places and his eyes quickly scanned over street names. He found one and put his finger on it to remember the spot.

"Got one, now I just need-"

"A marker?" Kirstie interrupted, holding one up.

"Thanks, how'd you know?" He asked, taking it and circling the street name.

"Lucky guess." She said with a shrug.

"Help me find the other two." He told them, and they moved in closer.

After a few seconds, they had found all three street names and circled them. Using the marker, Kevin connected them and found a path to their destination.

"These streets are all three miles apart, so that means our destination is right... here." He said tapping a street and putting a star by it.

"Well what are we waiting for? Let's go." Avi said enthusiastically.

"Not yet, first we need to see what street we're on right now." Kevin told him.

Kirstie looked around and spotted a street sign. Grabbing the map, she looked around until she found it.

"We're right here." She told them, pointing to the map.

Kevin quickly boxed it in so they knew where to start. After connecting it to the first street, they finally had their route. Not wanting to waste any time, they immediately got going. They followed the streets on the map and after a few hours, they found themselves at a Farmers' Market. There was a decent amount of people walking around and buying food.

"How are we supposed to know who this mystery guy is if we don't know what he looks like?" Avi asked.

"Well, we know it's a guy so we can cross off lots of people right now." Kirstie suggested.

"I can somehow tell when people have powers, so maybe we could use that." Kevin chimed in. "The only problem is, I'm not exactly sure how it works."

"Well we can figure it out later, right now I'm hungry." Kirstie complained, and Avi smirked.

"Good thing I got a bunch of chips at the gas station." He said, holding up the plastic bag. "Grab a bag, any bag! Except the barbeque chips because those are mine and I will fight you for them."

Kirstie chuckled as they each took a bag.

"I wasn't kidding." Avi told her, and her smile dropped.

"Oh, well okay then." She said, and quietly opened her chips.

She had gotten nacho cheese doritos, while Kevin got sour cream and onion, and Avi, of course got the barbeque chips. They sat down, eating their chips and looking at the people passing by. Kevin tried his best to try and figure out how his ability to spot people with powers worked, but it was taking longer than he wanted. He decided to take a break and turned to Kirstie.

"Hey, before we got here you said you saw what they looked like right?"

"Not really, it was kinda fuzzy but I could tell it was a guy." She responded, eating another chip.

"Are you sure it was a guy?"

"I will admit they did look kinda feminine, but it was a guy."

"Okay thanks, that really narrows it down. Anything else you can remember?" He asked, and she thought for a moment.

"I do remember they had dark hair and were kinda short if that helps."

"That does actually. Thank you."

So now that Kevin knew what he was looking for, he had no trouble scanning through the crowd to find this mystery person. His eyes were set on finding them and with some help from his powers, someone caught his attention. Kevin blinked, surprised at how quickly his eyes darted to them. He stood up, ignoring the questions being thrown at him, and followed them. Avi and Kirstie were right behind him, asking where he was going.

Kevin finally turned around and shushed them. Making sure he knew where the mystery person was, he grabbed Avi and Kirstie's wrists and pulled them behind a building so they were out of sight.

"Will you finally tell us what's going o-"

"I think I found him." He said quickly, interrupting Avi.

"What? Where?" Kirstie asked excitedly, and he motioned for them to move closer.

When they were by his side, Kevin pointed out who he was watching. They were indeed male yet feminine, short, and had dark hair. They were also wearing a coat that looked kinda familiar to Kevin. He searched his brain when he finally remembered.

~*~*~

He decided to check the last store: Vetements.

Picking up a jacket, he immediately put it back when he saw the price.

'$4,700 for an Oversized Khaki Green Military Army Flight Bomber? No thank you.'

He gave up and decided to leave. As he was walking out, he accidentally bumped into someone who was walking in.

"Oh excuse me, I'm sorry." Kevin quickly apologized, but they just gave a laugh.

"It's alright, no harm done." They said flashing him a smile, which made his heart jump.

After that they continued into the store, looked around, and picked up the jacket he was looking at.

~*~*~

"That's the guy I ran into before I met you!" Kevin whispered to Kirstie.

"Really?" She asked surprised, and he nodded.

"Literally right before I met you, I physically ran into him, at the Vetements store."

"That's so weird yet cool." Avi commented. "Uh guys? Something's happening."

They looked and sure enough he had started acting strangely. To the untrained eye, he seemed normal. But since they knew what he was, they saw the change. He was acting as if he was trying to be casual. Glancing from side to side, he then walked passed a booth until he got to the end of the street. Then he looked around one more time before grinning and pulling out an apple. He tossed it in the air, caught it, and took a bite.

'Easy as pie. Apple pie.' A voice said in Kevin's head.

"Looks like this ones got sticky fingers." Avi commented as they kept walking.

They followed close behind, keeping an eye on him, when an officer grabbed his wrist.

"Ei! I saw that! Mind telling me why you stole uma maçã? Ladrao." They asked, narrowing their eyes.

The mystery guy lowered his head, as if ashamed he was caught.

"Ei! Eu lhe fiz uma pergunta! I asked you a question!" The officer said, tightening his grip.

After taking a deep breath, they slowly lifted their head and looked at the officer. Even though they were several feet away, Avi, Kevin, and Kirstie could hear the officers breath catch in his throat. Slowly taking the officer's hand off his wrist, he wrapped his arms around their neck.

"Eu sinto muito. I'm so sorry. I know it was wrong and if you let me off with a warning, I'll be extra good. Eu prometo." They said, with a voice like honey.

The officer blushed slight and stuttered over his words, trying to find the right thing to say. He finally found his voice and took a step back.

"Uh, as long as you don't do it again..."

"Não se preocupe, I won't." They said with a smile.

The officer took another step back, nodded, and quickly walked away. Watching him go, he sighed and held something else up. It was the officer's wallet. He gave a light chuckle and took another bite out of the apple.

"Tão crédulo." They said with a smirk, and started walking again.

Kevin gasped as everything clicked.

"What is it?" Kirstie questioned, glancing up at him.

"I don't believe it." He muttered to himself, with a small smile.

"What?" Avi asked.

"He's a charmer." Kevin told them.

"He's a what?" Avi and Kirstie asked at the same time.

"A charmer. You know, a person with an attractive and engaging personality, typically one who uses it to impress or manipulate others. He's like that, except it's actually his power. Manipulating people, getting them to do what he wants, it's his power!" He explained.

"Wow, that sounds... AWESOME! Do you have any idea how good it would be for us to have him on our team?" Avi said excitedly, and Kirstie nodded.

"Plus, in case we get in trouble or whatever, he can get us out of it!" She agreed, grinning ear to ear.

"Exactly! So first we'll get our stuff back, then we'll ask him to join us." Kevin told them, putting the pieces together. "Now before we do any of that, we need to catch him, and it won't be easy."

"How are we supposed to do that? We can barely find our way around here." Avi complained, but Kirstie stepped up.

"Don't worry guys." She said, looking back at where the guy went. "I've got a plan."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.1K 430 11
Mitch: "I can be mean though." Avi: "That's okay, I'll take care of you." Sailing under the radar while we obsessed over Scömìche, this is the ship t...
54.6K 1.2K 27
Kirstie is in love with Scott and she doesn't know how to tell him, but what will she do when someone tells her that he loves her?
468 31 21
Sequel to Can't Say. After Avi was discharged from the hospital following the horrific events that took place over the last 6 months. Kevin and Avi'...
62.5K 2.8K 21
While taking his baby cousin to the circus, Scott falls under the spell of odd ringleader Mitch. After obsessing over the other man for months, Scott...