UNSC File#29145: Overwatch

Bởi Commander_Knight145

After the initial setback of Cortana's return, her affect caused Captain Lasky of the UNSC Infinity to order... Xem Thêm

~Slipspace Landing~
~War, I'm Used To It~
~Upgrade~
~Remembrance~
~Fighting Back~
~The Ring~
~The Reclaimer~
~The Covenant~
~The Villian~
~The Fall~
~Questions~
~Undercover~
~Some Getting Used To~
~The Infinity~
~Talon~
~The HeadHunter~
~United Nations~
~The Spartan~
~New Operative~
~Dorado~
~Theta Reunited~
~Just Like Before~
~Fight~
~The Beginning Of Something New~
~A Nightmare Renewed~
~The HomeFront~
~Battle: King's Row~
~Courage~
~A Memory Remembered~
~What It Means To Be A Spartan~
~Sacrifice~
~Redeployment~
~Spartan Meet Flood, Flood Meet Death~
~Recovery And Orders~
~Interesting Development~
~Reconcile~
~Awakening~
~The Heroic Spartan~
~Facing Your Demons~
~Phase Two~
~FireFight~
~The BodyGuard~
~Conflicted~
~The Challenger Approaches~
~Guardian~
~You're A Promise I Will Keep~
~Created~
~My Sword, My Shield~
~Epilogue~

~We've Got Time~

123 5 0
Bởi Commander_Knight145

~Jason~

It had been two days since the Shadow of Intent glassed the Flood ship and the surrounding area. Jason was still trying to recover from his injuries, slamming into a building will do that to a guy. Kelly came back as she hefted a shopping bag of food and water with a first aid kit.

"Hera, what's his condition now?" Kelly asked as she placed the bag near his feet and sat in front of him as she opened the body suit to see blood covering his chest as a wound remained open. She opened the kit and grabbed a needle and medical thread as she began to stitch the wound as Jason winced before sighing.

"He's got a broken arm, multiple contusions to the higher back area and a mild concussion." Hera replied.

"Mild? Oh it feels extreme I guess all that adrenaline had dampened the effects of the pain." Jason said with a light laugh. Kelly snipped the thread as she grabbed a bottle of water and opened it to allow her to clean the rest of the blood.

"You just relax, I can deal with the recon." Kelly said as Jason nodded. "Not like I can do anything." He said as he turned his head to his helmet.

"Still can't hail the Infinity?" He asked. Hera appeared above the helmet and shook her head.

"Still too much interference. I've even tried using old radios to get even Overwatch's attention but I don't think anyone is coming." Hera said with defeat in her voice.

"Keep trying, I know you can do it." Jason said trying to lighten her up. It worked as a smile appeared before it was replaced with a worried look.

"You don't have to worry about me Hera, I got Kelly to look after me." Jason said as Hera placed her hands on her hips and gave a slight scowl.

"You know the entire time you were gone, the worry put a load on my systems okay. I don't want it to happen again." She said as Jason nodded.

"I understand." Jason said before turning to see Kelly kneeling in front of a window without her helmet as she looked down at the street to see rock and glass everywhere.

"This the first glassing you witnessed?" Kelly asked. "Nah, I've been in tougher scrapes than this." Jason replied as Kelly turned and nodded before leaving her guard and sitting next to him as she watched the sun shine through the clouds.

"I hope someone comes to get us." Kelly said. "Have hope, someone will." Jason reassured her as he leaned his head on her shoulder. She gasped lightly at the affection before sighing as her cheeks warmed to a red.

"So, do you wanna discuss 'us'?" Jason asked. "Sorry, I'm just worried about our exfill." Kelly replied.

"We've got time." Kelly grimaced before nodding as Jason lifted his head up and looked at her.

"I've been bred to fight, so I apologize if I'm not as affectionate as you are." Kelly apologized.

"You have nothing to apologize for dear, I've been in the same predicament as you were, I never knew love until I met you really." Jason said as Kelly looked at him.

"I've read stories about you and Blue team, even before Cortana and her Guardians. That day me and Mstatic met you, I guess I was fascinated with you really. Not in a stalker-creepish way, but my heart was telling me something about you." Jason continued. The sky began to darken as red, pink, and yellow had invaded the blue canvas. Before long, the sky had begun to darken as white dots faintly appeared.

"They say the future is in the stars, but now I stopped believing in that and now just look at them for the beauty." Kelly said as a smile took hold of Jason as he turned and laughed lightly, remembering that conversation.

"Yeah, they really do." Jason said as the two laid in silence as they heard fires from beams crackle in the distance. Jason nearly fell asleep before the whir of an engine could be heard.

"You hear that, right?" Kelly asked as she stood up and grabbed her helmet and placed it on. She walked over and grabbed Jason's as she fitted it on his head before lifting him up, earning a yelp from him as he leaned on the wall to support himself. The whir of the engine started to grow louder before the door slammed opened. Kelly looked to see a figure in the darkness before it growled.

"You." It said before the plasma light of an activating Energy Sword ripped through the darkness. The bloodied and battered figure of Helm appeared as he snapped his mandibles.

"It doesn't surprise me you would live, but I will end that." He growled as he limped over and slashed his sword downwards as Kelly shoved Jason to the right and kicked Helm in the gut as the Elite stumbled backwards. She turned as a pipe stuck out of the wall and ran over to grab it as she wrenched it free before turning to see Helm rush her and jabbed the Sword into the concrete as Kelly used her makeshift weapon and smacked the Elite in the head as he released his grip and growled. He rubbed his head before looking to see Kelly rush forward and smacked the pipe against his head again. She continued before Helm had lost consciousness. The whir of the engine was loud as Hera hailed it. Jason looked up to see an Osprey hovering over as the bay door opened, a man in black armor as another in silver jumped down.

"Spartan Yeager?" The black suit asked as Jason nodded. "It's Raleigh, thank God we found you. We thought the worse." Raleigh said jogging over and kneeling in front of him.

"Damn, you look like hammered shit." Raleigh said, inciting a laugh from Jason. "Yeah, slamming through a building will do that. If you're done joking, I could use some help." He said as Raleigh nodded. A rope lowered as Raleigh began to tie it around him. The silver one turned as he stared at the Elite. He hefted his rifle and aimed at the downed monster before Kelly placed a hand on his weapon.

"Easy, he's defeated. We'll take him in for questioning." She said as the man growled before placing the weapon on his back.

"Private Morras, put some cuffs on that extraterrestial bastard eh." Raleigh said. Morras nodded as he pulled out large cuffs and placed them securely on the monster's hands as a wired lowered. Morras grabbed the wire and hooked it on the cuffs as the wire ascended, carrying the unconscious monster. Kelly, Morras, and Raleigh grabbed separate wires as they too ascended into the ship. Kelly and Raleigh stood by the edge as Jason came up slowly.

"Oh no, I'm perfectly fine. I JUST LOVE BEING A DAMN PINATA!" Jason yelled as Kelly and Raleigh grabbed his sides carefully and pulled him up. Kelly sat with him as she held the man.

"We should do this more often, but not when I'm injured." Jason said leaning in as he sighed, watching the buildings fade in the distance. Kelly laughed lightly and nodded.

"Why not, but it'll be the other way around." She said kissing his cheek. "Of course, whatever you say." Jason said before his eyes drooped heavily as sleep overcame his mind. Kelly glanced down and smiled as she twisted his helmet off his helmet and placed it behind her. She watched as his brown hair waved in the air as she hesitantly raised a hand near his hair before slowly dragging it through as a smile formed on Jason's mouth.

"Hera, do you read?" A voice asked in the comms as Hera appeared. "Riley? Riley is that you?" Hera said urgently.

"Oh thank God, we thought we had lost you guys forever." Riley said in relief. "Hmph, you can't get rid of me kid." Hera said as a slight chuckle could be heard from the other side.

"Also, we have a present for you." Hera continued. "We'll be waiting." Riley said before the comms ceased. Raleigh walked over and knelt next to the SPARTAN-II and patted her shoulder.

"We're coming up to the encampment, a little ways out of the city." Raleigh informed her. She nodded as the ship made a landing, a group of doctors waiting for Jason. They ran over as they removed the harness around him as they lowered the stretcher, removing the SPI armor and placed him on it. One doctor removed Hera's chip and handed her to Kelly as more doctors rounded up the armor and brought it to the armory to be repaired as Jason was pushed to a medical tent. Riley and Aaron jogged over as they nodded to Kelly. Morras and Raleigh walked out with a now conscious Helm as they pushed the Elite forward. Riley turned before his smile dropped to an angry glare as he pushed past Kelly and charged forward before slamming his fist against the monster's mandibles, breaking a few of his teeth as Helm dropped to the ground and Riley sat on top of him.

"Bastard, I'll fucking end your life before you can say 'Great Journey'." He growled as Helm flexed his mouth before laughter rumbled in his throat.

"I've taken someone away from you that you had cherished." Helm said before Riley gripped his fist and slammed it against the Elite's mouth again before Kelly and Aaron pulled the angered Spartan away.

"Let me go! I'm gonna kill him!" Riley shouted before the thumps of Arbiter's feet could be heard.

"Ease yourself Spartan, you are not the only one that wishes that." Thel said as Riley stared at him. Helm stood up and brushed the dirt from his armor before looking at him.

"Thel." Helm said. "Brother. Why do you do this?" Arbiter asked. "Because you are weak for the title of 'Arbiter'. You won't take the risk and do what is necessary!" Helm shouted.

"Like you did, when our family was torn apart by the Covenant? To how you easily allowed them to kill our mother?" Thel asked as his brother turned and growled.

"She was weak, as are you. Soft like Mother, you can't do what is necessary." Helm snapped.

"I was busy trying to save the galaxy from the lies the Prophets told us, are you blind? You nearly helped one surviving Prophet kill this world and every sentient being in it's radius. It seems to me, you are the fool and the disgrace. You, are not worthy of the House of 'Vadam. I, Thel 'Vadam, the Arbiter, cast you out. You are not a true Sangheili. You disgrace our Grandfather and our Father's name." Thel said before turning and leaving. Before he left, he stopped near Riley and patted his shoulder.

"You may do as you wish." Arbiter said before leaving as the man turned and glared at the Elite.

"Helm, your death will come. But not today." Riley said as he walked forward and grabbed his arm as he walked to the Spirit of Hope as it's hangar bay opened. He tossed Helm into the passenger side of a Warthog as he hopped into the drivers seat and drove into the ship. He made his way to the prison bay before stopping and jumping out. He grabbed Helm's arm as he pulled him out and ushered him to his feet.

"Let's go garbage." Riley growled as he came to an empty cell as the door opened. He took off the handcuffs and kicked the disgraced Elite in before the door close.

"Enjoy, bastard." Riley said before turning and left. Helm stood up and cracked his knuckles before looking at the cell in front of him as the Prophet turned and nodded before going back to his silent vigil.

~Kelly~

The female Spartan followed the doctors and Jason as they gave him the necessary medications and placed his arm in a sling. One doctor injected a serum into Jason as it began to slowly fixed the broken bones in his back and his arm. He sighed in relief as Kelly appeared, without her armor, and smiled lightly.

"You like the view?" Jason asked. "No, or maybe I enjoy seeing you like this." Kelly replied as she walked over and sat on a chair near the bed.

"Oh my, is the SPARTAN-II socializing?" Jason asked with a hint of amusement. "Perhaps, or maybe I'm allowing you to see this side of me." Kelly said.

"Oh well, we'll never know I guess." Jason said as he leaned on the bed and sighed as he scooted a little to left and patted the bed for Kelly. The woman looked at him and stood up as she sat next to him on the bed and rested her head on his shoulder.

"You know I can't do the things you see on TV, right?" She asked. "That doesn't matter, I love you regardless. But I should be on the look out for Fred or Chief, maybe Linda." Jason said causing Kelly to laugh.

"Don't worry, they're not gonna be a problem." Kelly replied. "Yeah, I guess we're gonna be the kind of lovebirds that are stuck in the military, wondering when it's our time to meet the Creator or when we're allowed to leave the military." Jason said.

"Maybe, but one day we'll be able to live in that cottage on a far away planet." Kelly said.

"Well, we've got time to keep planning." Jason chimed in. "Yeah, we do have time." Kelly said as she leaned into his shoulder before sighing.

A/N: Unsuspecting third chapter, major oof fellas. I tried to keep this chapter about Kelly and Jason, but I guess action likes to invade every once in a while. Oh well, I hope you guys and gals enjoyed this chapter. Until next time, tata for now!

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

156 7 4
It's been a week since the destruction of Kamino. A week since everything fell, or came together. On a mission gone awry, Omega opens a portal and st...
1.5K 47 20
It's that time of year again, Christmas! There's a slight problem though, Rosetta's squad-mates like to be on mission during these weeks. Even, her s...
75 0 3
After years of service in the UNSC, Spartan Sierra-026 has been woken up by the doctor to do the same ol thing that he and every other spartans were...
10.5K 398 19
Eternity, sister to the renowned Ininifty supercarrier, is completing repairs around the lunar repair yard. Cortana has begun the AI Uprising, and a...