The Dual Bender

By goldendragon225

Korra x Male Reader. There is a prophecy that came to be whilst the first Avatar, Wan was traveling the globe... More

Chapter 1: The Arrival
Chapter 2: Surprising Hero
Chapter 3: Awake
Chapter 4: I Think I'm Going To Like It Here
Chapter 5: Past
Chapter 6: Breaking Out
Chapter 7: Broken
Chapter 8: Pro Bending Finals
Chapter 9: The Unknown Power
Chapter 10: Phoenix
Chapter 11: The Return
Chapter 12: X-7
Chapter 13: Sky
Chapter 14: The Beginning Of The End
Chapter 15: The End Of An Era
Chapter 16: Let Her Live
Chapter 17: Together
Chapter 18: Vacation
Chapter 19: Nightmares
Chapter 20: Captured And Sickness
Chapter 21: Lucifer
Chapter 22: Family?
Chapter 23: Hurt
Chapter 24: A New Technique
Chapter 25: Reasons
Chapter 26: Control
Chapter 27: Fight For Her
Chapter 28: The Decision
Chapter 29: Aftermath
Chapter 30: Aftermath Part 2
Chapter 31: Hell On Earth
Chapter 32: Do We Get What We Deserve?
Chapter 34: Zagan's Return
Chapter 35: The Spirits Revenge
Chapter 36: Training
Chapter 37: Toph
Chapter 38: The Swamps Vision
Chapter 39: Chelsea
Chapter 40: I Deserve It
Chapter 41: The Progressors
Chapter 42: Assassination In Zaofu
Chapter 43: The Undead Bloodbender
Chapter 44: Occurrences
Chapter 45: Valek
Chapter 46: Kuvira's Weapon
Chapter 47: Kuvira's Arrival/The Vision
Chapter 48: Good Luck
Chapter 49: Valek's Emergence
Chapter 50: The Ancient Ability
Chapter 51: The Battle
Chapter 52: The Other Side Of The Family
Chapter 53: The Awakening
Chapter 54: The Universal Spirits
Chapter 55: A Retelling Of The Past
Chapter 56: Training The Instinct
Chapter 57: Kronos
Chapter 58: The Spirit Of Balance
Chapter 59: The Ancient Secret
Chapter 60: The Arrival Of Kronos
Chapter 61:The Arrival Of Hades
Chapter 62: Evening The Odds
Chapter 63: The Killer Of Death
Chapter 64: Apocalypse?
Chapter 65: Poisoned
Chapter 66: Taken
Chapter 67: A... Brother?!
Chapter 68: Victor
Chapter 69: Death

Chapter 33: Rue Krauss

3.1K 51 11
By goldendragon225

Korra POV

You: "What!? Why would I help you?! And why do "I" need "your" help?!" The woman walks up to M/N.

Rue: "Not here. We must go somewhere private." M/N seems to debate this before retracting his claws.

You: "Fine, but if I even think, that you are plotting anything. I will end you myself." The woman nods and follows.

*TIMESKIP*

Senna POV

We all arrive back at our home, which I don't like her knowing where we live. Especially with M/N seeming so on edge with her. We all enter the dining room and sit down.

You: "Ok, let's start with why you want my help." The woman nods.

Rue: "It's Zagan." M/N's claws shoot out.

You: "I killed him."

Rue: "No, you didn't. He survived, barely. He's made himself into some insane being. With his ability to steal powers to the touch..."

You: "He has mine..." The woman shakes her head.

Rue: "Yours were different then. Although I don't know why?"

You: "It's because my sister gave me her powers to help me..." He trails off and his eyes widen, he's just realized something.

Korra: "M/N, what is it?" M/N runs his hands through his hair before speaking.

You: "If he has my sister's powers... I don't know if I can beat him... Her, abilities... Being a waterbender, she could grow her arm back if she wanted to. How am I supposed to beat somebody who can literally regenerate themself?"

Rue: "M/N. You and I both know your lying." M/N looks up, but seems shocked not mad. "You don't think you can beat him because your hurting... badly." M/N seems even more surprised after she finishes.

You: "Wha? How?"

Korra: "Wait? What? Your hurting? Why didn't you tell me!?" I see M/N shy away from Korra's wrath.

You: "Korra, I didn't want you to worry about me. You need to be focused on getting better. Not on me."

Korra: "M/N, I don't want you to keep lying to me like this. It's not good for, well, us." M/N sighs but nods.

You: "Ok."

Rue: "Ok then. Now that that's out of the way, we can get down to business."

You: "Ok, how did you know that I've been having pains?"

Rue: "Are the pains inside? Like, are they below the surface of your skin?" M/N thinks before responding but nods. "Ok, and do they feel like something in there is, well, falling apart?" M/N sits back in his chair, but nods again. The woman sighs. "I knew it... He messed up. Big time." M/N leans forward again.

You: "What? Who messed up?"

Rue: "Well, I'm sure you all know of Professor Vexx?" I see Korra, M/N, and my husband nod slowly. "Well, him and I understood how to perform what we did to you. It was no experiment, it would work. The experimental part was the stuff he, not me, he put in your head. I never wanted to use you like he did. But the Black Lotus had the resources I needed to perform it. So, I did."

You: "That still doesn't explain what's wrong with me."

Rue: "When Zagan tried to "fuse" that new metal into you. It didn't. It didn't fuse, it simply stuck to the other metal, but now, with all the wear and tear and stress you've put on it. The bond is breaking... I can help you. I have created a substance that will conjoin the two metals into one... But, you would have to go through the same procedures as before."

You: "No, I'm not doing that again. I've done it twice now. I regret both of them completely." He gets up and walks out of the room.

Rue: "M/N!" The woman calls out after him. "If you don't do this you will die!" I feel my own breath hitch. What? He'd die?

Korra: "Why, why would he die if he didn't do this?" The doctor turns to her and sighs.

Rue: "Because... The metal Zagan injected into him... Adamantine... It is the second strongest metal known now, behind only what Zagan was trying to do. He wanted to fuse the two strongest metals on Earth together to make an unbreakable compound. Titanium and Adamantine. But it didn't fuse, it merely stuck to one another, the pieces will begin to break off, and even though he can he'll himself... The metal will eventually shift into and cut some major artery or vane and he can't just heal himself around it..." Oh no...

Senna: "He'll bleed out, from the inside..." I say, the woman nods in return.

Rue: "I've created the necessary compound to interconnect the two metals bonds. It will create a molecular adhesive between the two keeping them together while the two metals fuse into one. But, it must be injected just like the metal was... And the compound must be kept at a degree of heat that only he could survive at. Meaning that only he could do this, no other creation or organism could survive it." I didn't understand most of what she said, but I got the part I needed too. He had to do this, and she was the only one who could perform it correctly.

Your POV

Who the hell does she think she is? Telling me I have to do this? No, I've been through that experience twice, and it was 2 times too many. Yet she seemed so sincere about it, like she genuinely wanted to help me, but I know she's doing this for herself too, Zagan's after her too, not just me. I walk out onto the terrace overlooking the mountain range, from this side of Korra's house you wouldn't even know there was a city on the other side. I then hear someone's footsteps coming from the hall, weird? I expected Korra to come.

Senna: "M/N?" I hear Korra's mother say. I sigh and thin my lips.

You: "Yes Senna?" I hear the footsteps fade away. I turn around and see Korra sitting there. Wow, that was one silent wheelchair. One look at Korra's face says it all, I knew what she was going to say.

Korra: "M/N-"

You: "I know, I know. I have to do it, there's no other choice. But I don't want to Korra, that procedure, it feels, like somethings changing you. Like you aren't yourself anymore..." I look down again.

Korra: "You'll die if you don't... I don't want you to die M/N..." I sigh, then look up to see her... crying?

You: "Korra? What's wrong?" She covers her face with her hands and shakes her head.

Korra: "M/N, he's not only after you. He's after me... and my family..." What? She never said he was after Korra and her family? "Please M/N, I can't beat him right now. I need your help, if you don't do this... I will lose my family, I will lose you... and I will lose my own life." I clench my fists... that bastard...

You: "Fine, I'll do it, but not because I want too." She nods, and a small smile crosses her face. I know I don't want to do this, yet I can't help myself when Korra asks me to do something.

*TIMESKIP*

Korra POV

It took Rue about 3 days to get all the materials and create... well, whatever machine injects the stuff into him.

Rue: "Listen M/N, this compound, after injection, will make you very feverish. You will feel weak and sick. But I promise, you will survive it." M/N nods, but his face is still stern, showing no emotion. He really did not want to do this. M/N takes off his shirt and shorts and lays into the tub. Rue ushers us all out of the room, there was a room where we could watch, but it was obvious nobody did. I've seen this once before, I don't need to see it again... Oh my god, I made him go through with this...

Your POV

Rue: "Are you ready M/N?" I look over to her and nod. Even though I know I'll never truly be ready for this. I see the needles start moving in on me, and I sink under water. "Remember to relax M/N! Struggling and fighting will make it worse!" Yea...thanks for that... I feel the needles thrust into my body, but then everything changes.

You: "What the hell? Where am I?"

Gaea: "It's time you knew about the power inside you." I turn around and see Gaea standing there in a white mist again.

You: "What power?" The scene changes, I'm in a dark cave with a fire in the corner, then I see him. "What the hell is "he" doing here?!" I yell, pointing towards that TitanFall thing.

Gaea: "This was the first time in recent history you used your true powers." I turn back to the scene, and I see... myself? Wait, no, this wasn't me, or at least I wasn't myself. I see the scene play out, I completely murdered him. I find myself gawking wide eyed and what I did.

You: "Wha-? How? I barely beat that thing before. How did I destroy it in seconds?" Gaea looks away and the scene changes again. This time, I see Zaheer, and Korra. The scene plays out again... What the hell was I? I knew I was a bit tougher than most. But taking multiple stabs to my side, and taking a chunk of earth through my chest? I turn to Gaea again. "Ok, I need an explanation." She turns towards me.

Gaea: "I am so sorry. I should've never chose for you and your sister to fulfill the prophecy. I was unaware of who you truly were... M/N, that power you have... it lies in your blood. It runs in your family. Your great-great grandfathers genetic code was mutated after he was struck by Fire Lord Sozin's first attack of the great war. A pack of wolves helped him survived, but one of the wolves was wounded while he was recovering, the wolves blood infused with him, giving him a wolf's claws. He woke up near the Southern Water Tribe, and when he arrived there, it was under attack. He protected the village and its people... They started calling him."

You: "The Great Protector..." Although Gaea seems to shake her head.

Gaea: "No, you were known as... The Wolverine... As for your healing power, it is an adaptation. Your great great grandfather, all the way down to you. They have all been warriors, so, they have adopted the ability to heal." Ok, that explains everything, but one.

You: "So what happened to me when My eyes glowing F/C?"

Gaea: "Well, I do not know. But I know when your eyes glow much like Korra's do when she enters the avatar state. You have entered something very similar to the avatar state. Except, you do not draw power from past lives because there are none. You draw power from your emotions. Much like how your sister became much more powerful when she was defending her home, her emotion was, well, I guess you could say protectivity. When she was defending someone, her eyes would glow and her power would increase incredibly... But your emotion, is anger. It is not triggered by a simple argument though, someone must have put either you, or someone you care about in danger for it to trigger, it's the only time you've been filled of pure rage and anger, is when someone you care for is being hurt, including yourself."

You: "Um? Ok? But you don't know how that other power is awoken?" She shakes her head.

Gaea: "I am afraid I do not know that. But M/N, I do know this, as long as you have that power, you cannot be beaten in battle by any mortal being, only a spirit with incredible power can beat you..." Once she finishes the ground below me opens up. The next thing I know I'm laying in some tub.

Rue: "M/N?" I look over and see Rue standing there in a lab coat.

You: "What the hell happened?" I say sitting up, although it takes a lot more effort than normal.

Rue: "You made it, the procedure is complete. But you need rest. The compound will make you very sick and weak for at least a week." Oh, right. I nod and she helps me out. She grabs me a pair of pants and a shirt then we walk out of the room. I walk out and see Korra and her parents, Kya, Katara, and Sky all sitting there. I see Korra's face relax when she sees me, I smile at her. Rue helps me into my room and onto the bed.

You: "Thanks, I guess?" I say chuckling and laying back.

Rue: "I owe you much more than just that, I've tried to kill you, and I used you for a horrible reason, I'm so sorry."

You: "It's fine." I say to her. She smiles and walks out. Knowing it really wasn't fine, it wasn't even close.

*TIMESKIP*

I wake up to the sound of a large crash. I slowly get up and walk out of my room, leaning against the wall to help me. I walk into the dining room and don't see anyone. Then I hear another loud crash, I head towards the door to see what was going on. As soon as I get out I see everybody standing there, although I can't see anyone's expression.

You: "What's going on?" I ask, Korra, Senna and Rue turn to face me.

Senna: "Normally I would be happy to see you up again M/N, but we have bigger problems..." She says sadly."

You: "What's going on?" I asked concerned, as I finish another blast is heard. I turn to Rue, who seems extremely nervous.

Rue: "He's here..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.9K 447 9
You are Bolin's twin and the youngest sibling by 13 minutes. Somehow you got the fire bender gene while your twin got the earth bending one. Your bro...
732K 9.8K 40
There is a prophecy most have never heard of. That one day a person will be born that can bend the powerful force of nature known as electricity to t...
35.8K 1.4K 15
Water and fire are never to mix. The flames would be extinguished, and the water would be boiled. Either way, it is a dangerous affair to attempt to...
45.2K 1.2K 18
Water, Earth, Fire, and Air. The four elements of the world. There was four nations. Each one named after their element but one nation wanted to be i...