Not That Kind of Change

By VICKISAURUS

Casey Nelson is a 15 year old girl in 2nd year of high school with a best rfiend Erica who will be there unti... More

Not That Kind of Change Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Continue from Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Chapter 12

388 2 1
By VICKISAURUS

CHAPTER 12

            Wow, it could be any day now, I got more and more excited every day.

            “Nick?”

            “Yeah?”

            “What’s todays date?”

            “24th, wh…”He trailed off, “Due date.”

            “Oh my god…this is crazy, should I stay home today?”

            “No, let’s go to school, you are going to miss enough school when the baby is born. If anything happens today, you get someone to get me or call me. Okay?”

            “Okay, well let’s get ready, today could be a big day.”

            I was so nervous but so excited that today I could have this baby. It was a crazy awesome feeling. I was so excited.

            “Morning!!!” I said excitedly walking into Chemistry.

            “Good morning, I was sure you weren’t going to be here today.”

            “Well, I decided if anything happens, it happens. Right?”

            “Right.” The bell sounded and I went to go sit down. I really got so excited, since about a week ago all of my teachers let me leave class 5 minutes earlier to beat the mob. I started walking to Global slowly.

            “Morning Ms. Jackson.”

            “Morning Casey, I was sure you were going to be out today.”

            “Nope, same thing as I said to Mrs. Jones, If something happens it happens.”

            “Well, that’s good. Best of luck Casey.” I nodded as a thanks.

            Shockingly this class went by so fast, normally it is pretty slow. Geometry was the same conversation with Mr. Smith. All we did in class today was study for the final. Then the phone rang and I was called down to Mr. Medina’s office.

            “Hey Mr. Medina, you wanted to see me?”

            “Yes, please have a seat.”

            “What can I do for you?”

            “Well since I know today is your due date and I saw you are here, I figured I should discuss with you what you would like to do about your final exams, I basically figure since we end on the 12th of June you won’t be returning for the rest of the year. So, I have an alternate date during the summer where you can take them in a 1 or 2 day duration.”

            “Okay, I think the 2 day would make it easier on me a bit.”

            “Okay, well the alternate dates are July 5th and 6th. Your teachers will be proctoring you, it will only be you and maybe one or 2 other students but I doubt that.”

            “Okay, no problem there.”

            “Okay, that’s covered, and I have already put down Absent Excused on your attendance, so it will not count against you.”

            “Thank you Mr. Medina, and I believe the bell just sounded if my ears aren’t deceiving me, so if we are all set I will be heading back to class.”

            “Good Luck Casey, see you next year or over the summer maybe.” I nodded as another thank you and started off towards English. Mrs. Lawson was standing outside the door watching the kids pass by, he phone in her class room rang and she picked it up and I walked in, I was yet again the first in there.

            “Oh my gosh! Really! Okay, okay I am on my way. Bye.”

            “What is it?” I asked…and then…my water broke.

            “Mrs. Jones is in labor,” and she looked down at me, “and apparently so are you.”

            She quickly dialed the nurse and quickly got me in a wheel chair, I randomly got sharp pains. Mrs. Lawson went over to Mrs. Jones to drive her to the hospital and I gave her Nicks number to call him. He was on his way to his truck when I was being loaded into the ambulance. They really rushed towards the hospital. All 4 of us arrived at the hospital at the same time. Nick had to call Mark and Theresa to get down here so Theresa could quickly check me in.

            “My gosh this was crazy!” Theresa said filling out the paper work quickly. Moments after Theresa arrived Mrs. Jones’s husband joined her. They rolled Mrs. Jones and I into rooms opposite each other. We wished each other luck just before entering our rooms. I wasn’t too comfortable with Mark and Theresa in the room, however Mrs. Lawson stayed with me, she went to check on Mrs. Jones every now and then. Theresa came in every once and a while too.

            “Well Casey, it will be a few hours before you deliver, maybe more. We still have a while to go, and even before I give you the epidural. So just hang in there and I will be back shortly to check on you.”  I nodded.

            “Nick…this is it.”

            “I know…I’m really excited, yet terrified.”

            “Don’t be scared, just think about the beautiful face that you will be holding in a few hours.”

            “Thank you, I needed that.”

            Mrs. Lawson walked back in after Nick just kissed my hand.

            “Hey kiddo, how are you holding up?”

            “Pretty well, although I really can’t wait for these stupid contractions to end. How is Mrs. Jones?”

            “Well, she is about the same rate you are at. Nick’s mother just went in to visit her, apparently they are old friends.”

            “Oh, lovely. Isn’t this a coincidence how we are having our babies on the same day?”

            “I think so.” She laughed. Another contraction came on and I squeezed Nick’s hand so hard while Mrs. Lawson was telling me to breathe.

            “Oh man, that hurt.” I was trying to adjust myself to a comfier position.

            “Only a bit longer, hang in there.” Every time I tried to get some sleep I got a contraction, so I figured I wasn’t going to get some sleep until the baby was born.

            “Hey Casey, how are you holding up?” The doctor came in.

            “Okay, these contractions are getting closer and closer.”         

            “Well let me check it out, your teacher is getting ready for delivery now.” She said, “and so are you, are you ready?”        

            “As ready as I will ever be.” I said and she got me ready to go into the delivery room.

            “Okay then, let’s go.” She wheeled me out into a room down the hall with Nick and Mrs. Lawson on my side.

            “Okay Casey, when I saw give me a huge push. Push!” I tried pushing with all I had, I had a hold of Nick and Mrs. Lawson’s hand squeezing with everything I had.         

            “One more Casey, you can do it, I see a head.” I pushed way harder than the first time, or I tried to anyway.

            “One more big push and that’s it.” She said and I gave it one last go and the baby was out.          

            They took the baby in to clean it off and make sure it was healthy. I breathed really hard trying to catch up with myself, I was slightly winded .

            “Casey you did a beautiful job.” Mrs. Lawson said patting my head with a wet cloth.

            “Thank you…I just can’t wait to see my baby’s face.” I smiled as much as I could.

            “Beautiful baby.” Nick leaned down and kissed me.

            They brought Mrs. Jones to my room and set her bed a few feet away from me.

            “Hey there. How did it go?” She looked over at me.

            “Pretty well, you?”

            “Pretty well.”

            Then we saw 2 nurses each carrying a baby one was brought over to Mrs. Jones and they said, ‘congratulations Anna you have a beautiful healthy baby girl.’

            I smiled at her and the nurse brought over my baby and she said, “Congratulations Casey and Nick, you have a beautiful and healthy baby girl.” She smiled and handed me my baby girl.

            “She is beautiful Casey, looks just like you.” Mrs. Lawson said.

            “Wow.” Nick said in absolute amazement.

            “What do you want to name her Nick?” I asked him.

            “Well, I have a middle name if you have a first one.” He laughed.

            “What is it?” I asked smiling at him.

            “Rose.” I smiled again thinking how that is my middle name too.

            I whispered in Nicks ear what the name I thought of is and he shook his head and smiled.

            “Do we have a name Casey? Mr. Smith is dying to know.” Mrs. Lawson peeked in the room.

            I smiled, “Kaylie Rose Bowman.”

            “Gorgeous Casey,” She looked over to Mrs. Jones and asked the same thing.

            “Over here we have Brielle Marie Jones.” She smiled.

            “Awww, so beautiful.” I smiled at her.

            “I adore Kaylie, how are you spelling it?” She asked.

            “K-A-Y-L-I-E.”

            “I love it.”

            “Where did Brielle come from?”

            “It’s my middle name, my mother wanted my sister and I to have similar middle names, hers is Belle and I have Brielle.”

            “So pretty.” I smiled.

            The nurses came in and put the babies into the hospital cribs next to us. Mrs. Jones and I slept for hours, it felt great to sleep for a while, the nurses woke us up to teach me how to breastfeed so we could feed them, shortly after they fell asleep and so did we until morning. However my last thought before I slept with Nick by my side was, ‘Welcome to teenage motherhood Casey.’

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

632 97 28
Sixteen year old Casey Folman , is a sweet girl that has fallen in love with Adam Jackson, a football player. Suddenly everything takes a turn with o...
20.5K 689 30
Brianna is a 15 year old "bad girl". She smokes,drinks,parties, and more. Her grades are in the toilet, and she is barely passing 10th grade. Untill...
165 4 16
Casey Blue is your average 18 year old girl. It's her senior year and she has everything, a best friend and a boyfriend. She got into NYU. She lives...
254K 6.3K 39
Colton glared at her. "Not in a million years would I ever date you." Maya is the new girl and she has an odd description; bitchy, careless, funny, a...