Alpha Faye

By Midika

*BOOK EIGHT* (Can be read as standalone) *Mature Content Involved* "Caught between two lovers, but which one... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven

Chapter Twenty

25.1K 1.5K 671
By Midika

This banner is so beautiful, and it was made by a friend of mine miaaofficial thank you for this!! (:

If you would like to send your banners or fan art drawings for Faye in, my email is open! Midika36@gmail.com

Word Count: 1787

~Faye

My orders to the guard come out in a shaky mess, telling him get as many guards on the scene, as many paramedics as possible. All the while, T simply watches.

"I warned you," he breathes, as the guards leaves, and my attention returns to him.

I'm not sure how I'm handling myself right now, considering how much of a mess I am on the inside. Soon, the guards will be back with a count of those who are dead, from something I can't comprehend right now. Despite my mind crumbling from within, I keep my expression neutral, and my back straight.

T needs to know I'm in control.

"How?" I question, my voice low, levelled, using all my possible self control to stop my tone from trembling. "How did you do it?"

He stays quiet.

"Who works for you?"

It's useless asking questions. He is blank faced now, eyes all searching and no giving, as he monitors my emotions that I'm keeping tightly in check. Every time we are together, it's like a little dance of trust. He draws me in and pushes me back, and we never make any progress. Or at least, I don't in figuring out his motive. Now, at least, I can see what he is capable of.

"I'm sorry," he says softly, before repeating, "but I warned you."

I push away from the table, still remaining as composed as possible. The idea of all my guards, who trained their lives away for mine being dead makes me want to bend over and throw up. I have to stay strong though, because T has done exactly what I needed him to.

He drunk out of his glass. A glass I laced with a fast acting poison that leaves a body paralysed for 24 hours.

And he's noticed it to.

A slight flicker of terror dances across his face, as he attempts to stand, but his knees give out from under him. He falls to the floor, barely catching himself on the table before he completely toppled to the floor. Seeing him struggle to move his limbs in time to his own commands hurts slightly, but it is necessary.

"You asked for this," I say steadily, as his eyes meet mine, completely betrayed and surprised. The surprise is something I relish in. Finally, I got him.

I don't stay around to watch the paralysis completely control his body. Instead, I leave, needing to make the most of these 24 hours without him breathing down my neck, whispering misleading hints and sexual references in my ear.

The moment I step outside, I bump directly into Cal. He has a look of business on his face, the Huntsman here, rather than the personal guard I fired.

"We need to talk," he says sternly, pulling me across the hallway to a place we could talk privately.

"T is taken care of," I tell him.

He nods tightly. This is what I like. He knows that I've lost a lot of my trust for him, but has been trying to win it back in the most professional way possible. It makes my job as Alpha easier to manage when he's not trying to control me. Now, he doesn't have my mother's health to manipulate me with.

"Tayten spoke in the book again," Cal says. I hadn't noticed, but he had it with him, tucked neatly under his arm. He pulls it out, spreading the pages out to where I could properly see the words written on it.

I'm here tonight.
This is your only opportunity to meet me again, in the garden of the estate you currently reside in.
I missed you.

~Tayten

My stomach turns seeing the bottom of the letter. For whatever reason, my mind conspiring with crazy ideas on who Tayten could be to T. His mate, maybe? I'm not sure why that was my first thought. Seeing her write 'I miss you' seems like a clue enough. She could also be his sister...It doesn't matter.

"So tonight," Cal says. "We need to get to her before T does."

"We don't have to worry about T until this time tomorrow. He is completely unable to make any kind of move," I tell him, remembering the poison I feed to him. Maybe a Guard will find him lying there and take him back to his room. If no one finds him...I don't think I care.

"Okay, I'll get to preparing my weapons. I suggest it be just you and I out there tonight. The moment she realises there are guards out there looking for her, is the moment we lose her forever," Cal says.

I nod. He's right. He also has plenty more experience with misfits than I do. It's his job to hunt people down like that, and tonight, with Tayten, it's exactly the same.

Tonight will tell all.

***

Night settled over my Pack as quickly as the fear did in my stomach.

Cal is ready, and so I am I. Maybe a little less, but I have weapons, and a thick layer of leather across my body that should do a decent enough job of protecting me. Still, I have no idea how this night is going to go. Tayten could do anything, could be anyone.

"How are you feeling?" Cal asks, looking from the window, down to me. This is the first time he has stepped out of his Huntsman facade. His seriousness is appreciated, but also daunting.

"Nervous," I tell him honestly. "This needs to go well."

Cal reaches out, rubbing my back in a comforting manner. He's being friendly, despite the way I tortured him with silver not so many days ago. I lean into his touch, feeling the first ounce of affection I have received recently. Mother has never been big for showing her love to me directly, so something like this is new, but also something I've craved for a long time.

"It will go well, don't worry," he replies, as if talking directly to my nerves. Surprisingly, it soothes them. Of course this will go well. It has to.

Cal lets go of me, taking his first step outside. The absence of his touch is missed, even if I hate admitting it.

This is the last thing I should be thinking of.

I can see the garden from here, but no Tayten. She could be anywhere in the wide expanse of the place, hidden behind any bush or hedge, waiting to jump out at us. All my guards are inside, waiting in case we need any kind of backup. We are going into this blind, but I trust Cal's abilities as a Huntsman.

"We don't need to sneak," Cal says lowly. "Our best bet is to approach unsuspecting. Hopefully we will catch a good look at her."

All I can do is nod, keeping my gaze sweeping across the garden, looking for this elusive female hidden somewhere in my garden. My hand clutches a dagger by my side, ready to strike if she attempts to jump out at either of us.

Cal and I both see her at the same time.

She sits on the same mound T and I did when I first let him out of his cell. She sits there, legs crossed over each other, staring out into the forest. We both pause, watching her, even as she remains still. Has she not see us yet, or is this her plan to lure us in before she attacks?

Under the moonlight, her dark, pin straight hair shines magnificently, like nothing I've ever seen. I feel tempted to get closer to touch, however, that would be foolish. Instead, I wait for Cal's move, even if he seems just as mesmerised for a moment as I am.

As Cal makes a move forward, me following behind tentatively, she turns slightly to look over her shoulder.

She starts slightly. She didn't expect this. Thankfully.

Her eyes are wide like a doe, as dark as the midnight sky around us. She turns completely around, not standing though. She doesn't seemed armed either, instead wearing a beautiful blue dress. She's here to impress, not to fight.

"Where's T?" she asks softly.

That is his name. That seems to be the most surprising part of this exchange, knowing that T told me the truth for once. Cal, at this point, is taking slow, calculate steps toward her, holding his bow to his side. I can tell by his tense muscles around his shoulders that he is ready to pull an arrow out if it becomes necessary.

"He's here," Cal tells her. He's not wrong, technically. "Are you Tayten?"

She nods slightly, not seeming all that afraid. Now that she has sobered from her surprise, she seems content as she sits there, the moon sending down a beautiful glow on her. I assume she will talk, we just need to get her inside.

I follow behind him, but her eyes are on Cal. "Am I able to see him?"

"Soon, we promise. Right now, he is not well, but if you come inside, you are able to see him," I tell her truthfully, hoping we can get to her without having to hurt her. Who knows what Cal is planning to do.

"I need to see him now," she presses, her voice raising slightly.

"Why do you need to see him?" I ask shakily.

She sighs slightly, saddened by what she has to say next. "I need to make sure that I'm here for a good reason."

She doesn't think we are a threat. It clicks in my mind just now.

"What's the reason you're hoping for?" Cal decides to ask. I lean forward slightly, waiting for her to give away all of T's plans.

"Well, I'm in love with him," she breathes, her voice nearly escaping me. "I came here to hope he would reciprocate it."

💗••💗

Want more and don't want to wait!? More of Faye is available now on Radish!

Send in some ideas for designs for merchandise, that would be really cool!

Alpha Kaden, Alpha Grayson, Alpha Jasper and Alpha Landon are available for purchase on Amazon now! Send me a picture of you with the book to be featured!

🎀••🎀

So I managed to convince my boyfriend to pose for me with all my currently published books for everyone's amusement:

He's sitting on top of his car. Don't ask.

Facebook: authormidikacrane

~Midika 💜🐼

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

744K 32.7K 50
*BOOK NINE* (Can be read as standalone) "My Fate is a curse. I didn't ask to be a slave of an immortal. I didn't ask for his branding. And I didn't a...
22.2M 586K 30
*BOOK TWO* (Can he read as standalone) **THIS BOOK IS FULLY PUBLISHED NOW ON AMAZON. FIFTEEN CHAPTERS FROM THE END OF THIS BOOK HAVE BEEN REMOVED!! *...
10.5K 303 35
Eve has always been an independent wolf within her pack. She doesn't like much to be defended or treated like she can't take care of herself. It's fo...
302K 1.9K 7
SIX-PACK SERIES BOOK TWO *While this book can be read as a standalone, I highly recommend reading book one (Alpha Gray) for context before you start...