To Be Loved

By kissmyredlips

The S #2 There are different kinds of love in the world. May pagmamahal para sa pamilya, para sa kaibigan, pa... More

DISCLAIMER
Prelude
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chaper Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Final Chapter
Epilogue

Chapter Five

56.4K 1.9K 495
By kissmyredlips

Follow me on twitter: kissmyredlipsWP and instagram: anyahaseyeo

My eyes went wide in shock. "Wait. Mag pinsan sila? What?"

I gaped back and forth at Alana and the wide flat screen television in front of us. We're watching the current watch on her long list of American television series, particularly crime and mystery T.V series. It's her thing.

For this episode, a reveal about the true blood line and old family feud played out. It was a twist to the story. Kahit na hindi ko nasundan mula sa umpisa ay nakakabigla pa rin.

Alana wickedly smiled at me. "I've read spoilers. They are."

"Maybe there's a twist. Maybe they're not really cousins." I insisted, still not accepting the cold and hard fact.

"Nope." she popped the letter 'p', shaking her head. "They are."

"But... that's incest." I flatly stated. I just didn't know how to properly react. Or what to even feel about it.

"Incest is gross... but technically, they're like, third cousins and I've heard that it's legal by law. Heck, even Queen Elizabeth II married her third cousin!" she defended, laughing after.

My forehead creased. "You're okay with it?"

She pursed her lips like she was thinking about it hard. Few seconds later, her nose scrunched as if she thought of something disgusting.

"I don't know. It's lowkey messed up, but it's just a show, Lavie." she shrugged in the end and brought her eyes back to the screen.

Napakagat ako sa labi ko. I don't know why it bothered me a little, but I just can't wrap my head around it.

Pinilit kong burahin sa utak ko ang tungkol doon at pinanuod na lang nang mabuti ang mga sumunod na pangyayari. I was fortunately successful.

Bago mag dinner ay umuwi na ako sa bahay. May pasok bukas kaya kahit na pinipilit ako ni Alana na mag sleep over ay hindi pwede. My parents aren't that strict, but I'm not going to abuse their lack of rigorous parenting on me. I don't want to break their trust.

I immediately found Xavi standing by the gate when I arrived the school. I already know he's waiting for me. It's what he usually does whenever I didn't ride with them. I kissed my father on the cheek before getting out of the car.

"You don't have to always wait for me, you know." I started. His head raised at the sound of my voice and easily found my eyes.

"I know." he nodded and flashed me a loopsided smirk. "But I want to."

I shook my head at him and walked first. I don't have to say anything. Sumunod siya agad sa akin. Like always, we walked to our building together.

Nasa room na ang bag ni Alana pero wala siya roon katulad nitong mga nakaraang araw. It's because she's trying her best not to be in the same room as Judas. I don't even know why she's trying so hard, because I always end up seeing her with Judas.

"Alam mo ba yung salitang personal space, Hudas?" Alana sneered at the devil whose elbow was placed on her armchair, supporting his chin that was placed on his hand.

"Maybe." he shrugged.

"Then why are you sitting so close to me?"

"Why? Does it bother you, Doll?" Judas smirked deviously.

"Do you want my fist to bother you, Zobel?" my bestfriend retorted, making Judas chuckle.

Their daily bickering has become my constant and a day to day routine. I can't remember the last time I've had a peaceful day in the classroom because they're always in war. Minsan nga kahit discussion, hindi nila pinapalampas.

I'm starting not to mind, though. It's growing on me. Their arguments are often petty and they're very inventive with their words that it's very entertaining.

Naagaw ang atensyon ko ng pagbukas ng pinto. Our adviser, Mrs. Enriquez, entered. Hindi siya mag-isa dahil may isang lalaking naka-uniform ang sumunod sa kanya. It's a new face. Sigurado ako na isa siyang transfer student dahil ngayon ko lang siya nakita.

We only have four sections of fourth years here and even if I don't know all of my batch mates' names, I'm somehow familiar with their faces.

"Good morning, class." Mrs. Enriquez greeted. Sabay-sabay na sumagot naman ang lahat. Nanatili lang ang mga mata ko sa new student.

I can't tell his exact height, but he's almost as tall as Xavi. He's got black hair, fair skin, and foreign facial feature. I briefly looked around to check the girls' reaction, upon seeing it confirmed that they find him extremely attractive, too.

"We have a new addition to the class. He's a cross enrollee and he'll be joining us from now on." she turned to the new student beside her with an encouraging smile. "Go and introduce yourself."

"I'm David Bustamante. Seventeen years old. It's nice to meet you all." he said as he scanned the room, trying to look at everyone. Our eyes met and a small smile curved on his lips before he averted his eyes from mine.

"Great. There's an available seat beside Ms. Fabella, David. You may sit there." Mrs. Enriquez looked at me. "Kindly raise your hand, Lavie."

Wala sa isip na nagtaas ako ng kamay. Muling bumalik ang tingin ni David sa akin dahil doon. Nang makita na ako ang tinutukoy ni Mrs. Enriquez ay muli siyang napangiti. Inayos niya ang strap ng bag sa balikat at walang angal na lumapit na nasa kabilang upuan na nasa tabi ko.

"Okay, so shall we start?" Mrs. Enriquez clapped her hand once, glancing at everyone for a protest, before heading to the teacher's table.

"Hi. I'm David." he handed me his hand after settling on the chair beside me.

I smiled at him. "Lavie."

Tumango siya at binitawan din ang kamay ko. He offered his hand to Alana as well. "And you are?"

Alana playfully smirked and raised her hand to accept David's hand. Bago pa maabot ni Alana ang kamay ni David ay nagawa na itong tanggapin ni Judas.

"Judas." he smirked and tilted his head towards Alana's direction. "She's mine."

Napatawa ako. Nanlaki naman ang mga mata ni Alana. Inabot niya ang tagiliran ni Judas at madiin na kinurot ito. Judas yelped in pain and released David's hand.

"Bad dog!" she scolded. Judas cutely pouted at her. And just like that, David's forgotten and they're both wrapped in their own war bubble.

Umiling ako at ibinaling ang atensyon ni David na mukhang naguguluhan sa pangyayari. I lightly chuckled. "Sorry about that. That's just Alana and Judas being... Alana and Judas, and being our new seatmate... you should probably start getting used to it."

"Among other things." he lightly replied.

I briefly laughed with a nod. "Right."

May sasabihin pa sana si David ngunit hindi na natuloy dahil nagsimula ng magsalita si Mrs. Enriquez sa harapan.

"The first activity day for this school year will be held on Friday, which means we are already required to submit the list of the members in every club in this section." our adviser explained.

Activity day happens twice a month, every Friday. It's the designated day for club meetings and activities. It's part of the extracurricular activities that the school is trying to exercise. Spiritual Club, Socio-Civic Club, Academic Club, Literary Arts Club, Athletic Club, Visual and Performing Arts. Under it are several units of club.

Nagsimula nang magpalista ng mga pangalan sa harapan ng room. Front row muna ang unang magsusulat sa harap.

"Any suggestion on which club I should join?" David suddenly asked.

Napatingin ako sa kanya. Nakaangat ang dalawang kilay sa pagkabigla ngunit umayos din nang ngumiti siya sa akin. Hindi ako agad nakasagot at nag-isip, pero walang pumapasok sa utak ko. "Uhh, what are you into?"

He pursed his lips and looked at the ceiling, as if the answer will magically appear on it. His eyebrows were almost crunched together as he thought of the answer. His face straightened and he looked back at me. "Reading."

"You can join the literary arts club. It's being handled by the school publication unit—The Elite." I bragged, grinning.

He slightly pouted. "Ikaw ba?"

I briefly laughed. "I'm the editor-in-chief of The Elite."

I was the Deputy Editor last year, which automatically promotes me as the editor-in-chief for this year. Alana's part of the Visual and Performing Arts, since she loves painting and art itself. Xavi naman, obviously, he's a member of the Sports Enthusiasts.

"Literary Arts Club it is, then." he boyishly grinned. "I hope the head won't be too hard on me."

I winked at him. "I'll put in a good word for you."

Our adviser called out the names under each club. David wiggled his eyebrows at me when his name was announced under the Literary Arts. I laughed at him for it. Hindi ko inaasahan na seryoso siya sa pagsali.

We talked in between periods. Pati si Alana ay sumasali sa usapan, which only means she likes him—which is a very big deal because Alana doesn't care for just about anyone. You have to be pretty interesting and good enough to catch her attention.

David is very nice and fun to talk with. I learned that he's from Tagaytay. Doon din siya nag-aaral. They had to move to Manila because of his father got transferred to a new office, which means he had to cross enroll late, too.

The electric bell rung and the class was immediately dismissed after. Iniligpit ko ang mga gamit sa loob ng bag. Nakatayo na si Alana at hinihintay akong matapos para makaalis na kami sa room.

Tumayo na ako at aayain na si Alana na umalis nang mapatingin ako sa lalaking katabi ko na nakaupo pa rin. He's looking at the lockscreen of his phone.

"David." tawag ko rito.

His head quickly snapped to my direction. His eyebrows raised. "Yeah?"

"Gusto mo bang sumabay sa amin ni Alana na mag recess?" tanong ko rito.

Lumiwanag ang mukha niya sa tuwa. He didn't even bother to hide his excitement over my invitation. 

"Heck yeah. I mean..." napatingin siya sa katabi kong si Alana. "kung ayos lang sa inyong dalawa?"

"Of course!" I enthusiastically replied with a grin.

Alana's hand flew to my forearm, gripping on it. She leaned close to my ear. "Are you sure?"

"Of course. Ayaw mo ba?" kunot noong bulong ko rito.

"No. I couldn't care less." she rolled her eyes. "But have you forgotten about your possessive cousin?"

"David's nice. Xavi will like him." I assured her.

"Bahala ka." she shrugged and turned to David, she flashed him a mournful and sympathetic look. "I don't pray but my prayers are with you. Good luck."

Naunang maglakad si Alana at naiwan naman na naguguluhan si David. I shook my head, rolling my eyes at her absurdity.

"I think Alana hates me." David stated.

"She doesn't. You have to be Judas Beau Zobel to bring that strong emotion out of her." I laughed and leaned my head to the door. "Let's go!"

Alana's outside but Xavi is nowhere to be seen. Siguro ay hindi pa nadi-dismiss ng teacher nila. Kapag ganito ay nauuna na kami ni Alana sa canteen, kaya iyon nga ang ginawa namin.

Nangunguna si Alana sa paglalakad. Nang may nagtangkang mauna sa table na pinuntahan niya ay sinamaan niya lang ng tingin at atomatikong umalis ito. Napailing na lang ako. That's just Alana being herself. I love her, even with that as her flaw.

"I want baked mac." Alana announced before leaving the table.

"Bumili ka na rin ng pagkain mo, David. I'll stay here." sabi ko rito.

"I can buy it for you, if you want?"

I shook my head and gave him a small smile. "Thanks, but I'm still waiting for my cousin."

"Oh. Okay." he nodded and immediately left to look around the stalls for food.

Kahit na may pila ay bumalik din agad si Alana. That's because she always go in front instead of falling in line. Typical Alana.

"Oooh. It's time." a mischievous smirk cast upon her face. Mas lalo niyang nilakihan ang ngisi niya. She looked creepy. "Hey, X."

I raised my head and looked beside me. His eyebrow arched at her. Her look was a give away to him that something's up. He sat on the chair next to me. 

"What's up with your crazy friend?" he asked me, completely ignoring Alana.

"Lavie made a new friend today." she teased.

Xavi's forehead creased at me, before transferring his eyes to my annoying best friend. "What?"

As if on cue, David came back with a sandwich and juice on hand. Hindi siya umupo agad. He curiously looked at Xavi before throwing me a questioning look.

"Xavi, meet Lavie's newest friend, David. David, this is Lavie's cousin, Xavi." pakilala ni Alana sa dalawa. Mapang-asar ang tono ng boses niya. 

I know she's trying to piss him off, because she knows Xavi is extremely protective of me. I already told her the 'warning off' issue that I just recently found out during dinner with the Serrano's. Even Judas confirmed it when Alana asked if it's true.

I looked at Xavi. His face was stoic as he stared at David. His eyes were sharp and completely on guard—ready to attack, even. His lips were forming a straight line and I could see the faint ticking of his jaw from here.

"Hey, man. Pleased to meet you." David said, making me look at him. He already placed his food on top of the table. He's sporting a smile with his hand offered to Xavi.

He didn't even flinch at Xavi's cold and dark stares. He doesn't look a bit threatened. Ibinalik ko ang tingin kay Xavi. His lips curved into a small smirk. I knew that smirk all too well to know that it's not a pleasant gesture.

David released Xavi's hand and turned to me with a wide grin. "You forgot to mention that you have a cousin."

Hindi ako nakasagot dahil may biglang tumawag mula sa stall. It's one of the vendors. Mukhang si David ang tinatawag dahil sa direksyon namin ito nakatingin.

"Yung sukli mo, pogi." sigaw nito.

"Ah." agad na lumingon sa amin si David at nahihiyang ngumiti. "I'll just get my change."

Naiwan kaming tatlo sa table na nakatingin kay David na lumapit sa food stall. Isang malakas na tawa ang nanggaling kay Alana.

"He's fearless!" she laughed and mockingly looked at Xavi, who's still impassive. "Looks like you've found your match."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.2K 3.4K 94
Drayden Escanilla, a popular grade 12 student. A typical heartthrob teen who seems lost and confused with everything that's happening in his life. Wi...
66.2K 1.2K 33
Daffney Levanidez wasn't interested in dating guys not until the night she met Darlin Francisco, the guy that would turn out to be her first love. DU...
6.4K 10 1
Carefree. Youthful. A Dreamer. Macie Rose Esquivel believes that the key to happiness is not caring about what people think of you. To be happy is t...
3M 78.6K 43
Avis Magdalene Sebastian thought Luke Dashiel had finally moved on. It was a wishful thinking. Ang akala niya ay sapat na ang mga sakit na binigay ni...