Chapter Three

It's been only a day since we returned to the Philippines, pero nakaramdam na agad ako ng nostalgia. I already miss France. I love the Philippines, but being in France is an entirely different experience.

Ilang araw na lang ay magpapasukan na. I'll be officially a fourth year graduating student. Kahit na matagal pa ay excite na ako sa college. I feel like college will be a whole new different level. Pero dahil wala pa ay i-enjoy ko muna ang huling yugto ng highschool life namin.

The vehicle halted, snapping me out of my thoughts. Sumilip ako sa labas at nakita ang main entrance ng mall. I placed my sling Boho bag on my shoulder and picked up the paper bag. Nilingon ko si Manong sa harapan.

"Thanks po, Manong." ngiti ko rito bago lumabas ng sasakyan. I don't have to pay cash since my account is connected to my card.

Habang naglalakad papasok ng mall ay kinuha ko ang phone mula sa bulsa. There's a text from my bestfriend.

Alana:
I'm at Bono Gelato.

The desserts place that we've hanged out a couple of times came into my mind. It's Alana's second favorite place in the whole world. If I remember correctly, it's at the lower ground floor.

Malayo pa lang ay nakita ko na agad si Alana na mag-isa at kumakain ng gelato. I haven't seen what she's eating upclose but I already know that she ordered Butterbeer. It's her favorite. Her eyes were on the table were her drawing tablet is placed and she got a stylus pen on the other hand-like how I usually see her when she's alone. 

Either it's just a coincidence or she sensed me coming, because she raised her head and found me in the middle of the crowd. A splitting grin breaks free from her face. She brought down her pen and waited for me to reach her.

"I missed you!" she said and squeezed me in a tight hug. I laughed and hugged her back. She patted my back and gently pushed me away. Inangat niya ang kamay at ngumisi sa akin. "Now, give me my pasalubong."

I rolled my eyes and handed her the paper bag. Bumalik siya sa kanyang kinauupuan. I sat at the opposite side of her, placing my bag on top of the table. I watched her open the gift with excitement.

"Are these all mine?" she asked with twinkling eyes.

"No." I laughed. "Just the beret. The rest are for Tito Rush and Tita Maxwell. The cologne's for Chaos." 

"Tss!" she rolled her eyes but still got out the beret from the paper bag before placing it on the vacant chair. 

She wore the beret and fixed her chocolate brown curly hair. It suits her perfectly. The charcoal colored beret complimented her porcelain skin. It coincidentally matched her gray toned sleeveless turtle neck shirt and fitted plaid skirt with a darker tone of gray.

Hindi na niya na iyon tinanggal at umayos ng upo. It's her turn to get something out of her black satchel bag. She brought out a maroon red satin envelope that looked so posh and handed it to me.

"Your invitation card?" I said as I opened the envelope.

"Yup!" she smugly said.

There were two white and one maroon red special papers inside. Sa unang puting papel, may water color design na kakulay ng envelope. The font color of the texts were gold. Alana's 18th. Iyon ang may pinakamalaking  font size. It looks very... Alana. Artistic and expensive.

"You're part of my 18 candles." she exclaimed as I browsed the contents of the invitation. "Nasaan pala ang buntot mo?"

Napatingin ako kay Alana. Tumitingin-tingin ito sa paligid na parang may hinahanap o inaasahan na dumating. Kumunot ang noo ko.