Chapter Five

Follow me on twitter: kissmyredlipsWP and instagram: anyahaseyeo

My eyes went wide in shock. "Wait. Mag pinsan sila? What?"

I gaped back and forth at Alana and the wide flat screen television in front of us. We're watching the current watch on her long list of American television series, particularly crime and mystery T.V series. It's her thing.

For this episode, a reveal about the true blood line and old family feud played out. It was a twist to the story. Kahit na hindi ko nasundan mula sa umpisa ay nakakabigla pa rin.

Alana wickedly smiled at me. "I've read spoilers. They are."

"Maybe there's a twist. Maybe they're not really cousins." I insisted, still not accepting the cold and hard fact.

"Nope." she popped the letter 'p', shaking her head. "They are."

"But... that's incest." I flatly stated. I just didn't know how to properly react. Or what to even feel about it.

"Incest is gross... but technically, they're like, third cousins and I've heard that it's legal by law. Heck, even Queen Elizabeth II married her third cousin!" she defended, laughing after.

My forehead creased. "You're okay with it?"

She pursed her lips like she was thinking about it hard. Few seconds later, her nose scrunched as if she thought of something disgusting.

"I don't know. It's lowkey messed up, but it's just a show, Lavie." she shrugged in the end and brought her eyes back to the screen.

Napakagat ako sa labi ko. I don't know why it bothered me a little, but I just can't wrap my head around it.

Pinilit kong burahin sa utak ko ang tungkol doon at pinanuod na lang nang mabuti ang mga sumunod na pangyayari. I was fortunately successful.

Bago mag dinner ay umuwi na ako sa bahay. May pasok bukas kaya kahit na pinipilit ako ni Alana na mag sleep over ay hindi pwede. My parents aren't that strict, but I'm not going to abuse their lack of rigorous parenting on me. I don't want to break their trust.

I immediately found Xavi standing by the gate when I arrived the school. I already know he's waiting for me. It's what he usually does whenever I didn't ride with them. I kissed my father on the cheek before getting out of the car.

"You don't have to always wait for me, you know." I started. His head raised at the sound of my voice and easily found my eyes.

"I know." he nodded and flashed me a loopsided smirk. "But I want to."

I shook my head at him and walked first. I don't have to say anything. Sumunod siya agad sa akin. Like always, we walked to our building together.

Nasa room na ang bag ni Alana pero wala siya roon katulad nitong mga nakaraang araw. It's because she's trying her best not to be in the same room as Judas. I don't even know why she's trying so hard, because I always end up seeing her with Judas.

"Alam mo ba yung salitang personal space, Hudas?" Alana sneered at the devil whose elbow was placed on her armchair, supporting his chin that was placed on his hand.

"Maybe." he shrugged.

"Then why are you sitting so close to me?"

"Why? Does it bother you, Doll?" Judas smirked deviously.

"Do you want my fist to bother you, Zobel?" my bestfriend retorted, making Judas chuckle.

Their daily bickering has become my constant and a day to day routine. I can't remember the last time I've had a peaceful day in the classroom because they're always in war. Minsan nga kahit discussion, hindi nila pinapalampas.