peaches & softie | daryl dixo...

By babyboyace

" Alright... If I'm bein' truthful I'd call you Peaches." " Why?" " Always liked peaches, plus if I know Me... More

warning
Prologue
Chapter 1: Days Gone By
Chapter 2 (1/2): Guts
Chapter 3 (2/2): Guts
Chapter 4 (1/2): Tell It To The Frogs
Chapter 5 (2/2): Tell It To The Frogs
Chapter 6 (1/2): Vatos
Chapter 8: Wildfire
Chapter 9 (1/3): TS-19
Chapter 10 (2/3) : TS-19
Chapter 11 (3/3): TS-19
Chapter 12 (1/2): What Lies Ahead
Chapter 13 (2/2): What Lies Ahead
Chapter 14: Bloodletting
Chapter 15: Save the Last One
Chapter 16 : Cherokee Rose
Chapter 17 (1/2): Chupacabra
Chapter 18 (2/2): Chupacabra
Chapter 19 : Secrets
Chapter 20 : Pretty Much Dead Already
Chapter 21 (1/2): Nebraska
Chapter 22 (2/2): Nebraska
Chapter 23 : Triggerfinger
Chapter 24 (1/2): 18 Miles Out
Chapter 25 (2/2): 18 Miles Out
Chapter 26: Calm
Chapter 27 (1/2): Jury, Judge, Executioner
Chapter 28 (2/2): Judge, Jury, Executioner
Chapter 29: Goodbyes
Chapter 30 (1/2): Better Angles
Chapter 31 (2/2): Better Angles
Chapter 32 (1/2): Beside the Dying Fire
Chapter 33 (2/2): Beside the Dying Fire
Season 3 Prologue / A/N
Chapter 34 (1/2): Seed
Chapter 35 (2/2): Seed
Chapter 36 (1/3): Sick
Chapter 37 (2/3): Sick
Chapter 38 (3/3): Sick
Chapter 39: Walk With Me
Chapter 40 (1/2): Killer Within
Chapter 41 (2/2): Killer Within
Chapter 42: Say The Word
Chapter 43: Hounded
Chapter 44: When the Dead Come Knocking
Chapter 45: Made to Suffer
Chapter 46 (1/2): The Suicide King
Chapter 47 (2/2): The Suicide King
Wake Up
Chapter 48: Home / A/N
Chapter 49 (1/2): I Ain't a Judas
Chapter 50 (2/2): I Ain't a Judas
Chapter 51: Clear
Chapter 52: Arrow on the Doorpost
Chapter 53 (1/2): This Sorrowful Life
Chapter 54 (2/2): This Sorrowful Life
Chapter 55: Owe You / A/N
Chapter 56: Welcome to the Tombs
Season 4 Prologue / A/N
Chapter 57 (1/2): 30 Days Without an Accident
Chapter 58 (2/2): 30 Days Without an Accident
Chapter 59 (1/2): Infected
Chapter 60 (2/2): Infected
Chapter 61 (1/2): Isolation
Chapter 62 (2/2): Isolation
Chapter 63(1/2): Indifference
Chapter 64 (2/2): Indifference
Chapter 65: Live Bait
Chapter 66: Too Far Gone
Chapter 67: After
Chapter 68 : Time
Chapter 69 : No More Waiting
Epilogue
an apology
new book

Chapter 7 (2/2): Vatos

15.6K 387 267
By babyboyace

 Building

 Daryl's P.O.V

 Rick unzips the bag, dividing the guns, making me frustrated at his stupidity. " Them guns are worth more than gold. Gold won't protect your family or put food on the table. Are we really gonna give 'em up for her? Whether I want her here or not, that G guy may have somethin' up."

 " You calling G a liar?"

 I glare at the kid, making him whimper in fear as I get closer. " Are you a part of this? You want to hold onto your teeth?" I question before smacking him across the face. " Why are you betting on this? Could be more than them guns. Could be your life. That girl worth that to you?"

 He thinks hard for a moment before answering. " What life I have I owe to her. I was nobody to her, just some idiot stuck in a tank. She could have walked away, but she didn't leave me. It's my turn to help her now."

 I let out a groan of annoyance before asking, " So you're gonna hand the guns over for one girl?"

 " I didn't say that. There's nothing keeping you three here. You should get out, head back to camp."

 " I'm not leaving," Glenn intervenes," but if we did, what would we tell Lori and Carl?"

 " Come on, this is nuts. Just do what G says." I glare at the kid, making him shut up as I grab a gun and start loading it.

 " Damn this girl," I mutter as I finish loading the gun, grabbing the kid and walking out behind Rick.

---

 Hideout

 Daryl's P.O.V

  The door of their hideout open as Rick takes Miguel from me. As soon as the doors fully open we walk through the door as Rick pushes the kid to G before slinging the bag back over his shoulder and aiming his gun again. " I see my guns but they're not all in the bag."

 " That's because they're not yours. I thought I mentioned that."

 " I don't think you fully appreciate the gravity of the situation."

 " No, I'm pretty clear. You have Miguel. We want Carter."

 " I'm gonna chop up your girl. I'm gonna feed her to my dogs. They're the evilest, nastiest man-eating bitches you ever saw. Are you woefully deaf?"

 " No, my hearing's fine. You said to come back locked and loaded." We aim our guns as they aim at us, but before I pull the trigger, some old lady walks out from behind them.

 " Felipe! Felipe!" The one who's named Felipe tells her to go back inside as I yell to get her out of the line of fire. " Mr. Gilbert is having trouble breathing. He needs his asthma stuff. Carlitos didn't find it. He needs his medicine." When she finally notices us, she begs Rick not to arrest Felipe as Rick questions where Carter is. " The pretty mixed girl? She's with Mr. Gilbert. Come. Come, I'll show you."

 G mutters for us to be allowed pass and as we walk further in I figure out it's a nursing home. A damn nursing home! I guess they were protecting them for some dumb ass reason since most are old people and a few are just sick. When we walk into the gym most are around who I guess is Mr. Gilbert having an asthma attack as Felipe helps him. I scan the crowd slightly just to see her sitting at a table in the back, talking to an old lady while she drinks a bottle of water.

 I tap Rick on the shoulder, pointing to where she is before following me towards her. " What the hell is this?"

 " Asthma attack. Couldn't breathe," she answers before speaking to the old lady in some other language, making the lady laugh.

 " I thought you were being eaten by dogs, man." She raises her eyebrow slightly before pointing across from her. I look over to see her pointing at G's devil dogs only to see some god damn Chihuahuas. Rick pulls G into another room to talk like the rest of us stay here. I look around slightly until Glenn sits down beside Carter before asking, " How did you take down five men inside here?"

 Her lips slightly twitch into a smirk as she moves her hair out of her face before answering with, " Army. I-" The old lady interrupts her by speaking something I don't understand, making a confused expression cross my face as well as T and Glenn. She looks back at us before saying, " Ang Korean ay Glenn, African American na tawag sa kanyang sarili T-Dog at ang iba pang mga batang lalaki ay Daryl." The woman nods before Carter says, " Wanted to know who you were."

 ( A/N Korean is Glenn, African American who calls himself T-Dog and the other boy is Daryl)

 " The hell were you speaking?" I ask. She stares at me for a moment before saying, " Filipino. Learned a few languages when I was younger." We look at her shock before I question why. She shrugs before saying, " I got bored." I look at her, I try to take my eyes off her but they land back on her as she continues her conversation with the lady. She looks back at me for a moment as I quickly look away, feeling my face warm up slightly. ' What am I feeling?'

 Carter's P.O.V

 As Rick says were leaving I notice he has fewer guns than before. I say goodbye to Rosamie, the lady I was talking to before following the group out of the nursing home. As we walk back to the van Glenn states, " Admit it, you only came back to Atlanta for the hat," as he hands me back my bow and quiver.

 " Don't tell anybody," he mutters with amusement as Daryl complains about giving away half the guns. " Not nearly half." As we come back to where the van should be, only to see tracks in the dirt.

 " Merle," I mutter.

 " He's gonna be taking some vengeance back to camp," Daryl states, making me start running, the rest following behind.

---

 Carter's P.O.V

 As the suns hideaway, making the moon show I'm still running ahead of the group. My feet are numb as the sounds of ear-piercing screams and gunshots are heard. The sounds only making sprint faster than before as I hear Daryl yell my name.

 I run to see Sophia and Carl cornered by geeks. I shoot an arrow at one, making it fall limply to the ground before stabbing the final three with my knife. As I ask if they're okay Sophia scream in fear. I turn around, only to be pushed to the floor by a geek. My arm is used to hold it's head away from me as it tries to bite me. It starts to give out as I grab the arrow stuck in the geeks head before stabbing it in the head as a bolt goes through it. I push the corpse off of me as I see a hand in front of my face. I look up slightly to see it's connected to the body of the redneck itself.

 " I'm giving you a hand-up, you better use to advantage hon'." I narrow my eyes at him before grabbing his hand, him lifting me up before I nod my head in thanks and notice Sophia crying. I look in her direction to see her crying over Ed's death. I pull her away and turn to look at me.

 " Sophia, look at me. It'll be okay. He's in a better place now sweetie." She wraps her arms around me quickly, making me tense up before hugging her back as she cries into my neck. " It's okay, it's okay," I repeat to her. I look around to see Carl being held by Rick as Andrea cries for her sister Amy. Carol looks at me before nodding in thanks to me helping her daughter before continuing her sobs again. My sight lands on Daryl, seeing him staring at me before looking off somewhere else.

 As everything quiets down everyone goes to rest for tomorrow as I continue to hold Sophia. She slowly quiets down until I only feel her soft breaths on my neck. I pick her up, trying not to wake her up as I bring her to her tent, only to see blood splattered across it. I hear her whimper as I quiet her down before bringing her inside the R.V. I lay her down on the bed in back. I tuck her in before kissing her head and whispering, " Sleep well, honey."

 As I walk out of R.V, walking towards the forest to go hunting until I hear a voice say, " Didn't know you have a soft spot." I quickly turn around to see Daryl cleaning an arrow with a red bandanna.

 " Not really, just not a bastard," I answer with a shrug. He smirks slightly before asking if I'll sleep. " Rather just hunt 'till morning Dixie Cup."

 " You need sleep. You ran all the way here and faster than all of us. C'mon." I stare at him in confusion before he says, " You're sleeping in my tent. Not taking no for an answer." I roll my eyes as I follow behind him. He opens the entrance of the tent before going in as I follow. He lays down on his bed as I lay down on what used to be Merle's bed. I relax as I let out a heavy yet relieved sigh. I close my eyes, only hearing from Daryl, " Told you hon'," before going into another nightmare.

 Daryl's P.O.V

 As her breathing becomes slow and even I look up through my tent, hearing the crickets and her breathing before it becomes fast and rigid. I stare at her as she tosses and turns more in her sleep, beads of sweat forming on her head. I sit up, becoming more concerned for her.

' Why am I concerned?'  I question yet can't find an answer. I move quickly, squatting beside her as she continues to move around. I grab her hand, squeezing it softly. She slowly stops as I rub the top of her hand. I stare at her in confusion before laying back in my bed.

 " What is wrong with me?" I question before allowing my eyes to close, hoping to survive another night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

556K 17.4K 124
"As long as you're in it, Wills, I've got the world already." | *π”πšΈπƒπš¨π“π„π’ π„π•π„π‘π˜ π–π„π„πš±* | Willow never thought she'd belong to a group u...
700K 14.1K 46
"She wore her troubled past Like scars - She had been through battle And though no one could see her demons They could see the face that conquere...
32.5K 1.3K 18
You're too sweet for me. Rick Grimes / Season One ── ???.
200K 7.1K 49
Childhood best friends. That's the only thing that seemed to be able to describe Evelyn Wright and Daryl Dixon. They had their ups and downs as neigh...