3005 ; changki ◑

By jooheonssi

in which changkyun teaches kihyun to love life, meanwhile kihyun teaches changkyun to love himself. © jooheon... More

o|ne
t|wo
t|hree
f|our
f|ive
s|ix
s|even
e|ight
intermission
n|ine
t|en
el|even
tw|elve
th|irteen
fo|urteen
si|xteen
se|venteen
ei|ghteen
intermission II
ni|neteen
tw|enty
tw|enty one
tw|enty two
tw|enty three
tw|enty four
tw|enty five
ep|ilogue
liddle announcement hehe

fi|fteen

1.6K 168 74
By jooheonssi

song: Move by Taemin

(hello lads, firstly 2 FUCKEN K READS HELLO THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR GIVING MY BOOK A CHANCE DJRJEKDMDBDKSJDBF

also, I have started a new book! It's called 'flicker' and it is a taekook fantasy fic set in modern days! I would really appreciate it if you checked out the introduction ☺️

alsO, support Taemin's comeback, today's chapter song is in his honour 💜)

Im Changkyun

A week and a half had passed since we got to meet Minhyuk and Hyunwoo, and shortly after Minhyuk and Jooheon started to bond, he suddenly began to sweat hard and complain of his usual stomach ache. And it was fine, up until his vitals went wild and he collapsed.
In short, his appendix burst due to the impact of him falling after being hit and he went into emergency surgery.

He's fine however, just extra needy - Minhyuk on the other hand, was mortified on the night and even cried from just fear, but once he got told my best friend would be fine, he was somewhat relieved but took it upon himself to nurse him back to health as opposed to let himself be eaten away by guilt (much to my best friend's delight). More often than usual, he can be seen at his house just chatting to him or just sat on the bed as Jooheon snores the afternoon away.

I made my way through the emptying corridors of the main building, hoping that this also boring day would come to a fast end, and that all depended on how quickly I could get myself beyond the school gates. I sped up my pace, but was brought to a stop when I felt a couple of taps on my shoulder. Upon turning around I was greeted with a near vacant hallway, but as I began to continue heading home, I was greeted by Minjae and another two team members.

He suddenly threw an arm around me, and all my muscles contracted at once. "So, how's Jooheon doing? The team needs him."

"Great, he must be doing great."

"Great? Heard his appendix burst because he got hit by a car. Can't be that good."

"He's doing great because he doesn't have to see you." My remark shockingly made them laugh.

"Touché. However I wanted to know something," his voice lowered. "which way are you swinging, Changkyun?"

"What?" I detached myself from him, stopping.

"You know," they all chuckled in unison. "walking home."

"Oh..just through, you know, streets and stuff."

"Right I see. Are you going to meet your boyfriend today?"

I came to halt yet again. "Excuse me?"

The fact they were boldly assuming my sexuality halfway out of the chemistry corridor made me want to throw some fiery hands, but I contained myself (out of shock), fingers curling into tight fists. On the other hand, the three of them giggled, unaware of how fast they words were to make feel small and powerless, like before.

"I mean you are gay, right? I saw your Instagram-"

"Changkyun!" A voice came to my rescue, Jooheon's friend, Namjoo, made a beeline towards me across the main courtyard, hooking an arm around me. "we're late, we have to go."

"Wait, wait," Minjae held us back. "so the two of you-"

"Are fucking friends, now mind your own business and go shove your giant head into an oven or something. Microphone looking headass, come on." she shook off his grip and I forcefully pushed his hand from my forearm,  dropping a glare for added effect.

I didn't utter a word until we were both far from school. "I'm not-"

"It's okay, I don't want to know. I think that's your own business," she said. "those guys are just so dense. They claim to have accepted Jooheon but can barely go a day without making a shitty joke about it when they think he isn't listening. For someone so ill-tempered, he has a lot of self control."

"Oh." I said quietly, unaware.

"Never mind them, yeah? They're assholes, and I shall escort you to wherever you're going; mainly so I can kill time before my parents get home because I don't have the key and last time I climbed up a window they called the police," I laughed at the anecdote. "best to wait."

"I'm heading to the park to meet Kihyun."

"Oh him? You guys are a thing now aren't you?" She grinned and I nodded, causing her to coo at me & pinch my cheeks whilst spewing a number of words made incoherent due to her baby talking voice. "So so cute. I have kept myself far from guys; they're either too stupid or too serious. I can't deal with them. Straight men are something else, but some are nice."

The two of us walked under the early November clouds, a gentle fog settling on the city along with nippy winds that caused me to wrap my scarf all the way around my nose and mouth. Namjoo seemed unaffected, wearing only a leather jacket & a chiffon scarf.
As we rounded the corner into the park, my phone buzzed.

kihyun 💛: any longer and my left nut is gonna freeze over

I just got into the park, give me literally 20 seconds 😂

kihyun 💛: Okay 😊

"It should be okay from here. See you tomorrow?"

"Most likely. Tell him I said hello." She smiled before walking away, without a single care in the world. I turned back around, walking into the park and through it's many winding paths filled with crunchy leaves and trees, seeing the occasional group of children playing or elderly couple on a leisurely walk.

Only when I was hugged from behind did I come to a stop, feeling a cold face press against my neck. "You went the wrong way."

"Sorry, I was so far away I didn't even realise," I turned around to Kihyun, who didn't hesitate to kiss me. "technically if I had just carried on I would have gone around the park and ended up at the bench so really did I go the wrong way or the long way."

"You're so cute," he smiled, hands interlocking with mine. I tensed up slightly, peering around. "what had you so far away then?"

"Oh, just school stuff. I was wondering how Jooheon was doing but then I remembered Minhyuk has probably gone to see him anyway so he's probably splendid. I'll check up on him before I go home."

"Ah, I hope he recovers soon, but I bet he doesn't."

I nodded, looking down at our intertwined hands, and then around again. Kihyun picked up on this. "Are you sure everything is okay?"

"Hm? Yeah, I'm fine," I awkwardly chuckled. "just a little spaced out."

"What's up, baby? You can tell me anything." We came to sit at a bench, Kihyun's arm around my shoulders and his eyes staring deep into me as if he was trying to desperately see what was wrong with me.

"I- I don't know how to word it. Maybe it's the fact Jooheon isn't in or something but I don't know; I was fine until some assholes from my school - including the one who harasses me - assumed I was gay," I said. "and I know, it's so fucking stupid to be affected by it but-"

I gave up with an exasperated sigh, bringing my cold hands to my face. Beside me, Kihyun's brows had knitted together in confusion & concern.

"But surely, that should be a big deal since.." his voice trailed off, realisation hitting him harder than I hoped it would. "you're not out of the closet, are you?"

Despite my silence, the answer was a loud, suffocating yes, perhaps explaining why I suddenly found it hard to breathe. Kihyun stiffened for milliseconds, before squeezing me tightly, resting his head on my shoulder. I leaned on his.
I felt him press a kiss to my shoulder, then lean again. "It's okay, I promise. Baby steps, Changkyun."

"Curious."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.6K 2K 13
"Damn, loosen up -- no wonder you're still single." In which Jaebum teaches a certain male what it means to have fun.
13.9K 546 17
changkyun always found a way to tease or flirt with his best friend. everything is fine until kihyun starts returning his actions.
41.2K 2.4K 29
in which changkyun is stuck in an abusive relationship and kihyun is desperate to help him.
191K 7.5K 68
"Sometimes I think about what my life would be like without you." "Then leave."