The boy with the Dragon and t...

By tincanbell

"The boy with the Dragon and the girl with the Bow." ~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~... More

To get started!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
End(?) / Authors Note

Chapter 3

4.3K 143 9
By tincanbell

(A/N: this will be a bit longer because it will have both's POVs! *cheers*) 

Meridas POV

I held my hand in front of my gasping mouth, backing away slowly, as I heard his pain filled moan. “He's goin' to wake up.”, I whispered to myself. My eyes were focused on his closed eyes and I noticed the mud on the half of his face once again, holding back my laugh as I pressed my fingers against my lips. “He wants to clean his face, fo' sure.”, I thought to myself as I slightly lifted my dress and ripped some fabric off my petticoat. My eyes left his face for a second to make sure not to rip off too much of the fabric. Mother would be angry if she knew, but the dress is ruined anyways. The moment I looked back to his face, he already lifted it a few inches and a blushing color rose up to his cheeks as his gorgeous green eyes, which were focused on me ripping on my petticoats fabric, widened. Wait, did I just said gorgeous? I held out the piece of cloth and snickered: “Ye better clean the mud in ye face.” His position stiffened, but then he reached his arm for the fabric and grabbed it. He wanted to sit up with the other arm when his face suddenly contorted in pain and he clutched at the piece of cloth. I helped him up and leaned his back against something black. Maybe it was a tree stump, but black? Maybe it was burned. Anyways... My eyes widened as I saw my arrow, slightly twisted, pinned in his arm. “Ouch! That must hurt.”, I said calm, intended to touch it. “Just clean yer face, I'll take care of yer arm!” I lifted my dress another time to rip a long streak of fabric off my petticoat to use it as a bandage. Just for the moment. He gulped quietly as I lifted it. The feeling of blood rushing into my cheeks causing me to blush was what I felt for a second and I wondered what he was thinking about. I squeezed the Bandage and rolled it loose around my Hand. He looked away while he cleaned his face but I was unsure how to remove the arrow. I reached for the arrow, gently embracing my fingers around it. I peeked to the young mans face to see if he is ready so I can remove the arrow and realized that he was already looking at me. “So...”, he finally said a word “will you pull it out, or not?” his voice made me feel comfortable somehow. “Uhm... sure, sorry for hesitating.” He chuckled out a 'no need to be sorry' and I tighten my grip on the arrow. He drew a sharp breath as I pulled out the arrow and threw it behind me. I felt sympathy for him as I wrapped the fabric around his arm. I made sure it won't fell off and I leaned back and sighed in relief as I closed my eyes. I grinned and let the breeze touch my cheeks and the birds singing songs for me as the nature sounds got interrupted by a question: “So... uhm... Thanks but, have you seen Toothless?” My eyes opened and I saw his hand in front of me. “I'm Hiccup, by the way.” He said smiling but the blush on his face told me, that he had no experience with girls. He stuttered something: “Are you a lass?” His face went blank for a second and I know he wasn't aware of what he was talking about. “Excuse me..?”, I asked frowning. But I have to admit it, with my torn and ripped dress, my horse and bow and stuff someone could easily mistake me from a lass who lives on a farm or something. He turned away in shame and I laughed. I shook his hand harshly or at least not 'ladylike'. “The name is Merida.”, I giggled. Maybe it's better, not to tell him I'm the princess. The look on his face would be priceless, and since I don't behave like a princess in any kind or form, he wouldn't suspect anything. He stood up from the ground and we forgot to let go of each others hands after shaking, which made me unprepared of being pulled up and I tripped over me dress, releasing a 'woah!' before I nearly met the ground again if Hiccup hadn't caught me. Hiccup. Crazy name. We let go of each other and I bit my lip softly in that awkward silence. He scratched the back of his head, or went through his messy brown hair, I don't know I can't look through peoples skulls. All of a sudden, he turned around with a stern look on his face. “Where is Toothless?”, he mumbled loud enough for me to hear. Toothless? Strange Name for a horse, or a dog, or a pet in general. “Who's that? Yer … pet?” I asked and he nodded. “What is it? A horse, a dog? A---” “Well... Its a dragon, to be honest.”, he cut me off. “A dragon?”, I repeated in disbelieve and rose an eyebrow at him. Maybe, but just maybe, he hit his head, which has been the only logical explanation for me to talk about dragons. Otherwise, he is insane. “Well, what does yer 'dragon' look like? Big and spiky? With sharp teeth and big wings?”, I uttered sassy and giggled. Now he was the one rising his eyebrow and answering in a low tone: “Not really. He's more like this...” he held his hand in a, more or less, low level. “He is black and he is not 'spiky'. And---” Then we heard something and the thing I thought was a tree stump, turned to us. “Oh. My. Goodness!”, I babbled as my jaw dropped, I looked at it in awe as it looked at me, with its big green eyes. This, was indeed a dragon. I felt rooted to the spot and let a scared squeak escape my mouth.

Hiccups POV

I gave a pain filled moan from me after hearing a soft and quiet gasp. “That was a hell of a trip!”, I thought. My eyes opened to the sound of someone ripping cloth. I saw a beautiful girl with a red, curly mane tearing some cloth off her petticoat. I lifted my head out of the mud and glanced at her face. Round and slightly covered with freckles. Enough to see but not the main attraction. Her image made me blush and before I knew it she was looking at me and her round, big, blue, eyes made mine wider. She handed me the piece of cloth and snickered: “Ye better clean the mud in ye face.” Her accent surprised me but at the same moment it was amazing. Am I dead? After this prang I wouldn't even wonder to be. No chance I would meet someone like her if I was still alive. I mean, yeah there is Astrid, she's pretty cool, but this girl is just gorgeous! I didn't even realized how stiff I lay on the ground as I reached for the cloth she gave me. Using my other arm, to sit up straight, wasn't the best idea, in fact it hurt as I moved it. Pain draw through my face and nothing to hold on than the piece of cloth. That girl was probably my age, or younger, but nevertheless she helped me up, leaning me against something. I guess it was a tree. Helping me, a complete stranger to her. Didn't her parents warn her about strangers? But I know I'm not a bad guy. What am I even thinking about? Squinting my eyes in pain, I got snapped out of my thoughts. I glanced to my arm to see what causes the pain. And then it hits me. Well, literally, I mean, it hit me before but not now. Anyways... I saw an arrow slightly twisted, pinned in my arm. “Ouch! That must hurt.”, the girl said calm, and intended to touch it. “Just clean yer face, I'll take care of yer arm!” There was something in her gaze.. sympathy? I looked over her shoulder to find out why. A bow and a quiver. It was probably her arrow. Too good to be true. I meet a nice girl and she shoots me. OK, it was an accident.. I guess. My eyes suddenly went to her skirt which she lifted up again, perhaps to get some more fabric to cover the wound. I quietly gulped because why would a woman lift her skirt near a man if it isn't something sensual. The feeling of blood rushing up to my cheeks made me snap out of my thoughts and send a shiver through my spine. She took a large streak of cloth from her petticoat. Seriously, wouldn't her parents freak out about this? I sighed quietly to calm down and used the piece of cloth she gave me before to clean the mud from my face. I felt a little touch on the arrow so I turned my face to it. She looked nervous. She embraced the arrow with her fingers softly. I guess she wouldn't want to hurt me more. I saw her blushing face and her glittering eyes peeking towards me. What was she waiting for? It was silence for a few seconds so I decided to say something: “So... will you pull it out, or not?” She blushed pretty much and apologized for her hesitation. Chuckling out a 'no need to be sorry' made her tighten her grip on the arrow. I drew a sharp breath as she pulled out the arrow and threw it behind her. Really? I did not expected her to be so harsh. It hurts like hell if someone draws out an arrow from your arm! I felt her sympathy for me as she wrapped the fabric around my arm. She leaned back and sighed in relief. I could see she was sorry about shooting me. Closing her eyes and a grin on her face made her look like she enjoyed the breeze touching her cheeks and the birds singing songs on top of the trees. I took a deep breath and thought about everything that happened just because I wanted to test Toothless limits. Speaking of him, where is he? “So... uhm... Thanks but, have you seen Toothless?” I had to interrupt the nature sounds with my question and I reached my hand for her to shake. I had no great experience with girls, only Astrid, but this girls was totally out of my league. “I'm Hiccup, by the way.” I said smiling but the blush on my face stated the obvious. Taking a closer look at her she seemed to be a lass, living on a farm, taking care of her horse and so on. I wanted to ask for her name but instead I just stuttered: “Are you a lass?” I mentally slapped myself for that stupid comment. “Excuse me..?”, she asked frowning. This was so embarrassing I had to turn away in shame and I heard her laughing. I guess she was laughing, even though it sounded like a snort. It made me smile a bit but I stumbled as she shook my hand with elan. “The name is Merida.”, she responded giggling. She has a pretty harsh way to shake hands, even though she is a woman. Slim, beautiful-- Okey I have to stop that I will disgrace me somehow with my stupid actions if I think more of this stuff. Even if it's true. But now I have to find Toothless, else I wouldn't be able to go back. I stood up from the ground and we forgot to let go of each others hands after shaking, which made me lift Merida off the ground and trip over her dress, releasing a 'woah!' before she fell. I reacted quickly and if I hadn't caught her, she would have been on the ground, again. Merida. Never heard of such a name. We let go of each other and I scratched the back of my head in that awkward silence. I saw her biting her lower lip and covering her hands behind her back. I snickered really quite but soon I had to go serious again. I looked around and I saw a horse, hers probably, but not Toothless. Where is he? “Where is Toothless?”, I mumbled and I think she heard me. “Who's that? Yer … pet?” she asked and I nodded. “What is it? A horse, a dog? A---” “Well... Its a dragon, to be honest.”, I cut her off. Why would I have a dog or a horse? “A dragon?”, she repeated in disbelieve and rose an eyebrow. Maybe, but just maybe, she thinks I'm insane. I'm pretty sure she thinks I'm insane, to be honest. She began to smirk and I know she was going to make fun of me. “Well, what does yer 'dragon' look like? Big and spiky? With sharp teeth and big wings?”, she uttered cheeky before releasing a giggle. Did she just sassed me? Now I rose an eyebrow and answered in a low tone for her to get it: “Not really. He's more like this...” I lifted my hand in a 'medium' height. “He is black and he is not 'spiky'. And---” Then we heard something and as I turned around, the 'tree' I leaned against earlier, turned to us. I heard a quiet 'Oh. My. Goodness!' in my back as some green eyes peeked behind me to Merida. My eyes widened as I realized, that it was Toothless. A scared squeak behind me, from Merida I guess, flowed into my ears.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

701K 16.2K 57
It's the story of a young Viking. Actually, he isn't that young anymore. He's 23 years old now. His name is Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III. 8 years ag...
34.7K 883 14
It's been five years since Hiccup changed the minds of Berk, and everyone is happier for it. It's a more peaceful way of life, and it opens the doors...
89.5K 3.1K 35
(Complete) When Hiccup and the others are on a mission to free dragons from dragon hunters, they encounter something they never thought they would. A...
27.8K 903 53
At the age of 20, Hiccup and Merida get married. They were so deeply in love at the time that they thought love would last. Sadly it didn't and the t...