3005 ; changki ◑

By jooheonssi

in which changkyun teaches kihyun to love life, meanwhile kihyun teaches changkyun to love himself. © jooheon... More

o|ne
t|wo
t|hree
f|our
f|ive
s|ix
s|even
e|ight
intermission
n|ine
t|en
el|even
tw|elve
th|irteen
fi|fteen
si|xteen
se|venteen
ei|ghteen
intermission II
ni|neteen
tw|enty
tw|enty one
tw|enty two
tw|enty three
tw|enty four
tw|enty five
ep|ilogue
liddle announcement hehe

fo|urteen

1.8K 172 171
By jooheonssi

song: Take My Love and Run by Bad Suns
(this is such a tune!!)

henlo,, I just wanted to drop by and say THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING AND ENJOYING THIS BOOK YOU MAKE A SAD BITCH REAL HAPPY SJSKFBDJDDJ also three things ladies and gents:
• somebody previously pointed out that they wanted more backstory about Jooheon and Hoseok soooooo I got to thinking and is that a thing? do y'all want that? because I highkey have ideas lol

comment on this line if so !

• VOTE ON MAMA FOR UR FAVES EVEN IF IT IS ONCE A DAY (however don't prioritise voting above your life like LIVE UR LIFE BANGTAN LITERALLY TOLD US TO)

• has anyone noticed anything about the chapter titles yet 👀

ENJOY! x

Im Changkyun
That afternoon once I got home, I sat through a [at least] 40 minute lecture for disappearing without calling to say I'm ok and leaving it to poor Jooheon's mom to call up and tell them I was okay.
The entire time I bit the inside of my cheeks to keep myself from laughing; if they knew that I was actually dead asleep in my now boyfriend's apartment across town instead of two streets away, then I would most definitely get my ass served on a platter.

Thankfully, I survived their joint monologue and it wasn't until 6pm on this lazy Saturday afternoon that I looked away from my book, noticing several messages incoming at once.
I picked up my phone, device still vibrating.

jooheon 💋: hey

jooheon 💋: are you allowed out?

jooheon 💋: I just needed to speak to you for a bit, chill out

jooheon 💋: it's fine if you can't make it since you were "with me" last night

mom asked me to pick up some things from dessert so any supermarket would be ace

jooheon 💋: great, I'm currently sitting in the car park of one, eating ice cream with a broken plastic spoon ☺️

fuck me, I'm coming

I bounced off of my windowsill, slipping on the nearest pair of trainers & jacket, collecting some money and my keys before I was off, kicking my way through several tiny mountains of leaves before I reached the supermarket.
Jooheon was in fact there; his right foot propped up by a water bottle as he swung the other, delicately eating ice cream. I perched beside him, wedging my hands beneath my thighs for warmth.

"Oh, hello." He acknowledged my presence seconds later.

"Hi," I replied. "everything okay.??"

"Yeah, everything great. All good in the hood- I mean, if you take away mass poverty and increasing crime rates, then yes, hood's splendid." Jooheon rambled quickly, brushing his hair from his face.
Only then did I notice how red & puffy his eyes were, similar to his cheeks.

"Wow, unlike your other pair, your third eye is wide open, my guy."

He glared at me. "If I wanted you to roast me I wouldn't have called you here."

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, what's wrong? Why have you been crying?" I moved a little closer to him.

"Because I'm a weak bitch and I stupidly caught feelings." He muttered.

"Booty call number-"

"Booty call number 1, better known as Shin Hoseok. He called it off with me because he wants something serious, a proper relationship. He said that I'm great for him, and asked me out, but....

"But?"

"I'm sort of scared of commitment," he looked down at his feet. "I feel like I would hurt him and he would leave me, and a person can only be left a number of times before they want to leave themselves."

"Jooheon.." I said softly.

"He wasn't even a dick about it so I have no reason to be mad at him either!" He wailed loudly, collapsing on my shoulder. I threw an arm around him, passing him some spare tissue I had in my pocket. "Was this used?"

"Shut up," I flicked him. "but it's okay, I'm sure love will come to you soon, and you'll feel more than ready to give your everything for them, okay? It will be so strong that you'll just feel the strongest need to be with them, and whilst things might not be perfect at all times, you will cherish every second."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm certain of it; it's gonna come and hit you real hard," I grinned and he sat up, wiping his eyes.

"Look at you being deep." He chuckled.

"Love changes you," I laughed. "has he moved on already?"

"Hoseokie met some model whom I'm pretty sure is just after cash, but, it isn't anything to do with me. I hope he looks after him well, Hoseok deserves it." Hearing Jooheon sounds so mature almost made me feel uneasy, but also strangely proud.

"Plus who needs a boyfriend when you have such a great best friend?" I winked, and he immediately pretended to gag. "Choke on my left nut, will you?"

"Harmless banter, Kyun. Thanks, though," he said, smiling lightly. "honestly."

"It's okay, it's what I'm here for. Now go put your mess in the bin before we go inside," He stood up at my words, waddling to the bin by the other lane of parked cars. "what's with you ankle anyway? Is it bad?"

He turned around. "Oh, they said it's too much s-"
Unaware of his surroundings, Jooheon'd suddenly stopped in the middle of the road to reply to me. What he hadn't noticed was the white Mercedes coming in his direction, and the car was unable to brake on time, hitting him.

Much to his luck, it was the slightest hit; it almost looked like he was just shoved aside really hard.
Similarly to a tree, he hit the ground, sprawling on it with wide eyes before screeching as soon as I ran over to him. "I just got hit by a car!"

"Joo-"

"I'm pressing charges! You bitches paying for the rest of my college tuition! YOU JUST HIT ME WITH YOUR-"

From the car emerged two guys; one was tall and buff with dark hair, and the driver was pale with brown/dark red hair. The two stared back at us in absolute shock, but Jooheon looked at the driver like he was a cold drink on the hottest day of the year (I was so close I could see the hearts shoot from his eyes).

"Good mother of Christ, which cloud did you fall from?" He said in awe.

"Oh my god, are you okay?" The driver dashed over and kneeled beside him, visibly concerned.

"Apparently, yes." I piped in.

"My ankle just really hurts, worse than before." He looked at it and it looked right back, bright red and swollen.

"Gosh, we should get you to a hospital. Should I call an ambulance?" The other guy appeared.

"No, that'll take too long. I'll take you both there, get in, let me help you." The driver hooked his arm around Jooheon, lifting him.

"Jesus take the wheel."

Actually, Minhyuk took it; he told us about himself and his friend Hyunwoo as he drove us over to the hospital.
Jooheon had only worsened his ankle and got mild concussion, but the made such a big fuss that he was assigned a bed until he felt like h was okay to leave. His parents were travelling from outer state from work, so for the time being it was the two of us, his aunt, sister, Hyunwoo and a pacing Minhyuk (until Jooheon said he didn't want to press charges, after that he dissappeared to grab himself some coffee).

The others decided to do the same or just go for a walk, leaving the two of us in the section of the room.

"Minhyuk looks worried about you." I said.

"I'm fine, as long as he's around I'm doing great," my best friend sighed. "he looks like a freaking angel."

"He's so panicked he hasn't clocked that you're checking him out yet," I chuckled. "maybe when-"

As if planned, he entered the room, carrying two coffees. "One for you," he handed me one. "and one for me. I'm afraid you can't have coffee right now, Jooheon, so I got you a water instead."

"I'm never throwing this away." He said, before proceeding to seductively drink the water, only to choke on it half way.

"He's cute!" Minhyuk laughed and I saw the life re-enter my best friend.

"Can we elope?"

We looked that each other. "That has to be the concussion."

I shook my head. "Believe what you want."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.2K 2.9K 12
"you want to act like a child, i'll treat you like one." - completed -
190K 7.5K 68
"Sometimes I think about what my life would be like without you." "Then leave."
239K 6.6K 111
[ imagines/one shots of monsta x ] °genie of creating fantasies° Published: 13 May 2017 Completed: 18 June 2020
140K 7.9K 23
in which hyunwoo is a single father with too many responsibilities while kihyun is a motherly nursery teacher with not enough. stuckihyun-©