More than friends

By Kweenkira

[Rewriting] Highest rank #1 - heartbroken /8/4/2020 "Mia ..I'm sorry.." Chris said as he took a few steps for... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16

chapter 11

69 2 0
By Kweenkira

Mia is seated in the back seat of a taxi headed for starlight bar. She'd hurried out of  her house without giving Nate a reasonable explanation as to why she was leaving just that she had something important to attend to.

She felt bad for not telling him but she knew he'd oppose.

The call had not been Chris but a bartender using his phone saying Chris was wasted and causing trouble,telling her to come pick him up as her number was the only number with several missed calls and messages in the last hour.

She'd thanked him and asked him to text the address and he did. Once again she had escaped yet another conversation with Nate. Was she really going to break up with him. She wasn't sure.

Now it had been postponed till she gets back. Her phone already has 8 missed calls from him,a lot of texts still unanswered. She didn't know what to say to him right now so she didn't answer his texts.

Nate had hinted what she was about to say and he would never allow that.

He would never break up with her not even if she begged. He was fast becoming obsessed with her. In all the months they'd been together,he'd tried to be patient with her but she was taking too long.

Mia stepped down from the taxi, just realising she was not in the right outfit. She was still wearing her apron and luckily she had her bag with her. She took off the apron and tossed it in her bag.

She checked herself, she was so not in the right outfit,but she didn't care. She ran into the bar ,her hair still in a rough bun.

She looked around ,and then she spotted some guys yelling angrily at someone_Chris.  She rushed to  his side,he was bruised. A few cuts on his knuckles and a little one by his cheek.

"Chris ,what happened to you,who did this,Chris can you hear me" mia tried to help him stand. She had no idea why she still cared so much even after she vowed to never forgive him.

He glanced at her,his eyes almost closing,he was so drunk but the hits he'd received and returned had sobered him up a bit." Mia..."

"Take care of your boyfriend better,don't let him run  his mouth" the guys walked away. Some of them with slight bruises. Boyfriend?. Mia flushed.

She helped him up,said a few words to the bartender before she went out of the bar.  His car,had to be here,but I can't .....oh god she thought.

She grabbed his keys from his pocket secretly hoping he didn't use his bike. She threw  her arms around his waist urging him to walk. His arms around her shoulders.

She looked around the parking lot,how the hell was she supposed to know his car. Even in  his half drunk/sober state,he realised she was tensed as she looked around the parking lot. And he figured she was looking for his car.

"Red....."

"What,Chris what did you say?"

"The red car,.......is mine"

Mia looked at the car a few feet from them. It was the only red car in the parking lot thankfully. It was by far a very expensive car but she shook off the thought.

She felt conflicted,when she realised this was almost the same thing that happened 8 years ago. Her helping him home after he got drunk and then .......things happened. She had to be alert this time, it definitely can't happen again.

She got him in the passenger seat,reaching around to belt him up. Their faces drew close but she shut her feelings off. She tried.

She sat in the drivers seat not knowing where to go. She didn't know where he lived. She turned to look at him,almost panicking. Then she realised .....GPS.

But where?....she had to ask but then she remembered the paparazzi mentioning something about him living in an hotel.  Yes, a pent house. The hotel was called glass hotel.

She fixed the location on the GPS and off they went. She glanced at him but he'd fallen asleep. Her face tightened in worry ,what if he fainted.

Minutes later,she was still driving. He awoke, his eyes fixed on her. His head throbbing painfully but he could bear it. How she had gotten here,driving him in his car remained a mystery to him. Sort of.

The car stopped,meaning she'd turn  any minute. He closed his eyes pretending to still be asleep as she loosened the seatbelt around him. Her scent was pleasing to his nostrils ,she smelled like Mac n cheese with a little bit of lavender.

She got around the car,before she struggled to get him up and walking. When he realised she was struggling a lot with his weight,he loosened up and made it easier for her to carry him.

She held his arm around her neck and place her other arm around his waist. She managed to get him into the building and into the elevator.

Thankfully,she'd inquired from the reception about his penthouse and she'd been directed to last floor.

Her breathing slowly increasing with how much of her effort she used to keep him standing. The last floor was way up.

The elevator finally opened at the last floor and in front of the elevator was a large door. She checked the door,it was a password lock. "You've got to be kidding me," she scoffed.

" okay,let's see..." She got a few ideas about what his password could be. She tried his birthday,moms birthday, favourite numbers,and more....all wrong.

"What could it be" her arms were way past tired,she was so tired. She thought of something,her birthday but she doubted it. "It can't be .....right?" She tried her birthday just for trying sake. 19-12-92......correct.

She froze,"He used my birthday....?" She asked herself. Then she blushed. It meant a lot to her, using her birthday as his password made her feel like he'd never forgotten her.

He peeked at  her and found her face red,did she really still have feelings for him?....the lights were flicked on,he quickly closed his eyes again still pretending.

Mia stared at the gorgeous apartment in front of her, "wow" were the only words that came to her mind. The apartment looked so expensive and new.

She carried  him over to one of the bedrooms she found and luckily that was his bedroom. The bedroom had a massive king sized bed placed by the glass wall.

The room seemed uncomfortably large,with a few sofas and a gigantic flat screen TV directly opposite the bed. Two doors were to the left,the closet and the bathroom.

She staggered to the bed,trying to turn him around so his back was facing the bed but she slipped on what seemed to be her own foot and came falling on the bed with Chris directly on top of her.

The fall was unexpected by the both of them but what really got her attention was when she realised their position. She was lying on her back with Chris on top of her and their lips pressed on each others'.

She blinked in shock as her body seemed to freeze up. Chris was tempted to open his eyes when he felt her lips on his but he had to keep up the act. It seemed like torture to just feel her lips,he got this sudden urge to kiss her properly and he did under the pretence of being drunk.

Her eyes widened when she felt him begin to move his lips on hers. Her heart went crazy but her mind screamed to get him off her.

You're so stupid mia,he's drunk again and look what's happening,are you really gonna let this happen again...... But it feels....i can't explain it....oh shut up ,are you really ready for this....he's gonna say, its a mistake again and that he can't ever love you that way....don't be dumb,do something.

Chris felt conflicted, he'd never felt this good kissing anyone before and more so it was her...mia. He couldn't find the it in him to stop,he wanted to continue but then it sounded selfish of him.

She's with someone else now,do you really want to destroy that. But what is this feeling ,this feelings I have when I'm with you....mia. He thought.

As much as she didn't want to end this kiss,she had to. He ended the kiss and pretended to pass out on her shoulder. She flipped him off her as she raced to her feet in a flash.

She hated herself for being so vulnerable when it came to him, she bit her lip trying to get the feel of his lips away from her mind but it wasn't working.

She removed his shoes and his jacket trying to make him comfortable enough to sleep. He stared at her as she removed his shoes but careful enough to not be caught.

After removing his shoes and jacket,she attempted to leave. But he held her hand and said. "Stay".

" you're awake!.." She sounded relieved but she wasn't. She didn't want him to know she still hadn't gotten over him fully but the way she behaved with his kiss ratted her out. She just hoped he didn't suspect or remember.

"Um..just now" he stuttered hoping she didn't catch him in his little act.

She sat beside him on the bed looking anywhere except at his face. Her hands twitching but she tried to hide it. Awkwardness filled the air as she searched for an excuse to leave his bedroom.

"Um your head must be aching,I'll make you something to ease the hangover" she darted out of the room not waiting to hear his reply.

He turned to his bedside table, he spotted his moms photo. She looked so happy. Sadness consumed him once again. He missed her so much.

***

Nate paced back and forth in her living room. He was worried,she'd not picked up his calls or answered his texts. Where could she be? He wondered.

He had to find out, he smiled as he remembered the little tracking device he had installed on her phone. That was how he'd found fox hood creak the other day and now he could find her.

The tracking device located an hotel and he froze. His blood boiled. What was she doing in an hotel. Was she cheating on him,is that why she was so distant.

He began to trash her apartment in anger. He'd kill the guy who laid a finger on her.

He hurried out of her apartment into his car as he zoomed off. In search of the glass hotel.

***

Mia yawned, she was so tired. She had just finished cleaning his little bruises and making him eat the hangover soup she'd made. She arranged the first aid kit and returned it to his closet where she'd found it earlier.

She'd placed band aids on all the visible bruises. She knew he was still hurting over his mom so she didn't blame him if he had gotten into the fight to distract himself from his sadness. He was asleep now. She had to leave it was getting really late.

She tried to stand up again but he had her hand in a tight grip. She flashed a fatigued smile before she sat back down on the bed. She brought her knees up to her chest. She fell asleep facing him with her head on her knees.

Minutes later,Chris woke again. He looked at his hand and realised he was still holding her hand. His eyes moved to her face. She looked so peaceful as she slept. He couldn't control his smile as he continued to stare at her.

She still pouts in her sleep. He stroked her hair,then he made her lie down on his bed before covering her up with his duvet. He walked over to the bathroom to have a bath.

He found his thoughts going back to the sight of her pouted lips and the little kiss they shared as he showered. He wanted to kiss her again. But why,this was getting out of hand.

He couldn't understand,he'd never felt this way for her or anyone else not even Sophia. She had always been his friend and nothing more but why was it so hard for him to see her that way now. He saw her as more than just a friend and he couldn't understand why.

The door bell rang which seemed odd to him. He didn't have any visitors at least he didn't invite anyone and why now,this late at night.

He grabbed a towel and flung it around his waist. With water still  dripping from his torso and hair he went out to answer the door.

****

Nate hurried into the hotel,his mind in constant panic and anger. He was ready to murder. He tried calling her again but no answer. His anger grew.

Thankfully, the GPS he had installed on her phone was an advanced model which gave him her exact location.

He got into the elevator still wishing he would be wrong about her. The door opened up to reveal a large door. A pent house....what is she doing in a pent house!! His anger continued to rise.

He rang the door bell rather impatiently. His breathing increasing in anticipation.

The door opened up. " can I help y......"

Nate seemed paralysed at the sight in front of him. He just had a shower,meaning they'd just slept together....he thought.

" you son of a b*tch!" Nate rushed at Chris with full force. They both staggered into the apartment.

What do you think about Nate's reaction?
Was mia wrong for leaving him in the first place?
Please Share your thoughts.

Thanks for reading....please vote if enjoyed it.

Love
Kira.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

96.7K 1.4K 11
*Completed* *Unedited* *10 chapters available for read* [This is a spin-off of 'A Sacrifice To Remember' but can be read as a stand alone] **** When...
237 34 6
" Why are always like this since high school you have always looked down on people!!!! " " If people means you.., then yes I do look...
3M 64.9K 49
Mia's In far more danger than she realises, she's constantly beaten and tormented by her father. She has no idea about the sinister plan her father h...
830K 19.3K 80
"You don't like it rough?" he asks me. Oh, okay, I smirk back at him, two can play this game. "I like it... but only during sex, " I say to him wat...