Family Ties (BOOK V)

By daexstories

secrets, lies, and FAMILY TIES.. More

Cast.
prologue
Question
1.
2.
3.
4
5.
6.
7
8.
9.
10.
11.
12
13
14
15
16
17
18.
19.
20
21
Note
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Hey you guys
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
37.5- flashbacks
flashbacks-2
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
Author Info Challenge 💓
48
49
50.
51
52
🤷🏽‍♀️
53
54
55.
56
57
58
59
60
...
Heeey

22

1.3K 62 14
By daexstories

The rose and Amaru was still holding his wife in his arms. She laid comfortably on his chest, looking so beautiful.

He so badly wanted to give it to her once more, but he knew she was probably tired from last night and had a hangover.

He decided to turn on the tv and watch something since her grip was so tight on him that he couldn't move. She just kept tossing and turning then held onto him tighter.I'm

"Baby."She called lowly with her eyes still closed. "What's the problem, Love?"He asked caressing her face with the back of his hand.

"I need an aspirin."she sighed and sat up so that Amaru was out of her grip.

"Aight baby. I'll get it for you."he acknowledged and got up from the couch. He walked up to their bathroom and got her an aspirin along with a bottle of water from the kitchen. He brought it to her and she gave him a light toothless smile. "Thank you baby."

"Wanna stay in and watch movies today?"Amaru asked and she agreed. "Let's go get cleaned up first, then we can come back down here." She suggested and he agreed.  They both brushed their teeth and took a quick shower. Damita put on one of Amaru's shirts and a pair of favorite furry socks, she was super comfortable.

"Do you want to order food?" She asked, grabbing her phone off of the counter.

"What'd you have in mind?"Amaru asked, tying the strings on his pajama pants. As she scrolled through her phone, looking at the places, he went into their closet and pulled out a small box.

He pulled the necklace out of the box and put it around her neck. "I was trying to give you this last night."He smiled and fastened the necklace.

It was Golden half heart necklace that had a cursive letter A engraved in the corner with a heart. "I got the other side."He smiled and pulled the other necklace out of the box. His was the exactly the same, but instead of an A his was engraved with a D.

"You are so sweet." She blushed, looking down at the necklace.

"You like it?"He asked and she nodded then walked over to kiss his lips. "I love it and I love you." She smiled brightly and kissed him again.

"I also got you this."He added, pulling a brochure from under their mattress. He was really good at hiding gifts. It was a spa gift certificate.  "You can use it whenever you feel like it. It doesn't expire and you can take 4 people with you."He explained and put it in her hand.

"Aw. Thank you baby." Damita smiled and hugged her husband then kissed his lips. "I have some stuff for you too. I'll go get it after we find out what we're eating."She pulled away and looked down at her phone. "Is Chipotle good for you or you want something else?"She asked.

"No. I don't want no damn Chipotle that's bird food."Amaru laughed and shook his head. "Well, what do want then Amaru?"She asked in an irritant tone.

"Get Chick-Fil-A."He answered with an excited smile. "Baby, we ate that yesterday."She whined and grabbed his hand.

"Well shit, you pick then."Amaru sighed and laughed at her sudden irritation. "How about I just get pizza?"She asked.

"It don't matter to me baby. Whatever you want."He chuckled and she cut her eyes at him. "Amaru. I'm Finna punch you in your fucking chest."She breathed, pinching the bridge of her nose.

"Get whatever you want babe."He laughed. "I wanted Chipotle, but you didn't want that. Now you don't know what you want and I'm about to get mad because I'm hungry."She whined and stomped her foot.

"Alright, fine. I want Pizza. Is that okay with you?"Amaru asked and she rolled her eyes before walking out of the room.

"That's all your ugly ass had to say."She mumbled as she walked down the stairs to take her place on the couch. Amaru came up behind her and pinned her down on the stairs, so that he was between her legs and her back was against the railing. "You talking shit?"He whispered in a low, smoky voice. "Don't play with me girl."

Her big brown eyes traveled his face then met his gaze. She started laughing and then rolled them away. He started to kiss her, but her stomach growled ruining the moment.

They both started laughing and he raised off of her. "Go ahead and order that pizza, baby."He laughed and handed her, her phone. It had fallen in between her legs when he pulled her down.

Amaru let her up and she sat up, typing on her phone. "You want wings?"She asked looking up from her phone.

"Yeah. Hot ones."He smiled excitedly. She ordered everything they wanted and then turned off all the lights and closed all the shades to make the room dark for their movie day.

"What we watching."Amaru asked, plopping down on the couch. "Uh, I'm not sure. What do you want to watch?"She asked, looking into her phone.

"Well, I wanted to know if you had any videos of the kids when they were young."Amaru asked, making her look up from her phone.

"Yeah, I have a couple. Not when they were really little. I only have the ones when they were babies and after I got them back."She explained and he nodded his head. "Can we watch them until the pizza comes, then find a movie?"He asked excitedly and she smiled.

"Of course."Damita beamed and hopped off the couch to find the videos. She got out her favorite one, her babies first day of school. She slid the dvd in and pressed play. The video started with 5 year old junior sitting on his racecar bed, pouting.

"Mommy. I don't want to go."He crossed his arm and you could hear Damita laughing behind the camera.

"You have to goto school honey." She chuckled and he shook his head no.

"If you goto school, I'll buy you a new toy. A truck."She bribed and he started to perk up.  He got up from the bed and started to walk next to his mother. "Let's go check on your sister."She said as they walked down the hallway.

"Liyaaah."She called as she walked into her room. "Mommy."Aaliyah smiled and hugged her mother.

"Are you ready to goto school?"Damita asked and Aaliyah smiled "Yes."

Her babies were starting their first day of Pre-K and she was more excited than they were. The video switched to the classroom setting and surprisingly, Amaru was doing good. Aaliyah was the one who was in a fit of tears. Afeni was now holding the camera and Aaliyah had the death grip on her mother's leg crying something fierce.

"Mommy. Don't leave me. Mommy."She cried, holding onto her legs tightly. Damita picked her daughter up from the floor and kissed her on the forehead. "Liyah. Honey, please stop crying. Mommy will be back to get you in a couple of hours."She cooed, hugging her daughter tightly and rubbing her back.

"Why can't you stay?"She whimpered grabbing her mother's neck tightly.

"Sweetie, Mommy has to goto work. So I can buy you all those nice dolls you like and feed you."She explained and Aaliyah loosened her grip. "You come pick me up when school over?"Aaliyah asked with small pout.

"Yes baby, I promise."Damita laughed and kissed her on the cheek. "Love you Mommy."She pouted and kissed her mother. Damita put her down and she walked away to be with her classmates.

"They're much different than Amari on her first day of school."Amaru chuckled. "You cried more than she did."

"I was sad. I was so used to my baby being home with me. I wasn't ready to give her away to a teacher."Damita replied wrinkling her nose.

"She was so ready to goto school. Our baby was such a little smart ass." Amaru laughed and Damita started to laugh too.

There was a knock on the door and Amaru got up to answer it. He tipped the delivery guy and collected their food. He sat the food on the couch between the two of them.

"What would you like to drink, my love?"Amaru asked, leaning down to kiss her on the forehead.

"Water is fine, daddy." She smiled and he walked into the kitchen to get it for her, along with a soda for himself.

"So what we watching baby?"He asked taking his place on the couch.

"Uh. What kind of movie did you want to watch?"She asked, scrolling through On Demand. "Something new, something old?"

"Let's watch Straight Outta Compton. I wanted to see that?"He replied, excitedly. She agreed and turned on the movie.  He grabbed the pizza and sat it on the table and pulled it closer to them so that it was accessible.

"Come here."Amaru instructed, pulling Damita's arm. "You know we don't watch movies like this. Bring your ass here."He laughed and she cuddled up to him, laying her head on his shoulder.

They had gotten through almost the whole movie and the whole box of pizza before their children bursted in.

"Hi Mommy. Hi Daddy."Aaliyah smiled sat next to them. "Parents."Amari smiled and squeezed in between the two of them. 

"Ooh pizza."Junior smiled and grabbed their last slice.

"What do you all want?"Damita sighed and crossed her legs. "You have to want something."She added, pausing the movie.

"Well, Mom I need to talk to you."Amari sighed and dropped her head on her mother's shoulder.

"I don't want anything. I just wanted to say hi."Aaliyah shrugged.

"And you Junior? What do want, because you would usually be locked up in your room not speaking to me right now."Damita said matter of factly, crossing her arms.

"I'm sorry Ma. I didn't know you felt like that."Junior sighed and walked over to his mother to hug her.  "I love you momma. You'll always be my first girlfriend."He kissed her cheek and she smiled.

"I love you too son."She smiled and grabbed his face, kissing him all over.

"Momma-a-a-a."He dragged out, trying to push her away. She let him go and directed her attention to her first born.

"What do you want to talk about?"She asked looking at Amari. "We have to talk in private."She smiled and tapped her mother's lap.

"Okay, well will you guys allow us to finish our movie first? We were kind of in the middle of that."She laughed and all three of their children got up and disappeared into the kitchen.

She laid back down on her husband and he wrapped his arm around her. The movie was almost done. They were on the part when Eazy collapsed.

The movie continued and finally it was over. "Wanna take a nap?"He asked,noticing her yawn.

"Yeah, but let me go and talk to Amari first. Wait for me upstairs?"She asked, rubbing his hand.

"Aight."He replied, picking up their blankets.  Damita grabbed the empty pizza box and carried it into the kitchen with her.

"Alright Amari Jo, what's on your mind?"Damita asked, climbing onto the counter.

"I hung out with Jermaine last night. After your party."Amari explained in a high-pitched voice.

Damita raised and eyebrow then slowly moved her hand up to her chin before speaking. "Our Party ended at almost 3:00am. Why were you hanging out with him that late. What were you doing?"

"We ate and talked. That's it."She raised her hand to stop her mother from getting the wrong idea. "I just think he's really cool."

"How did you end up with him last night?"Damita asked, squinting her eyes.

"Momma. Stop reading me. I'm not on trial."Amari whined.

"I'm not reading you. Just listening, continue." Damita replied, rubbing her hand across her chin.

"We were just texting all day and he asked if we could hang out. I said yes."She shrugged and Damita nodded her head.

"So, out of all those things that you all talked about did Erin happen to come? You know, your girlfriend?"Damita asked sarcastically.

"No"Amari sighed. "I mean, he knows that I'm in a relationship. Just not with a girl."She explained, knitting her eyebrows.

"Amari..you have to tell him. That detail changes the whole relationship."Damita explains. "Him thinking that you were with a man, his intentions would be showing you that he's better than your boyfriend. He doesn't want to genuinely be your friend. If he knew that you're with a woman then he'd think there's no chance of being with you and the two of you would really be friends."

Amari sighed and looked down at the floor.

"You like him, don't you?" Damita asked, squinting her eyes once again.

"What? No, I just want to be friends."She replied in a very dismissive tone, but Damita knew better. She knew her daughter.

"Bullshit. You not telling him about Erin is a dead giveaway. All I'm going to say is, you better figure this out before somebody gets hurt. Erin loves you and Jermaine is trying to build something with wether you believe it or not. Better choose wisely, Amari Jo."Damita yawned and climbed off of the counter.

She walked out of the kitchen, leaving Amari with a lot of thinking to do. She was at a crossroads, she's never liked a boy before and she's in love with Erin or so she thought.

Damita walked into her room and climbed into bed with her husband. "I almost went to sleep without you."He chuckled.

"Sorry Baby. Amari needed my help." She replied, wrapping her legs around him.

"With What?"Amaru asked.

"Woman stuff. You don't wanna hear that." She replied and laid her head on his chest.

He started to run his hand across her thigh, because that always made the both of them fall asleep.

Aaliyah started to come and bother them, but they looked comfortable so she walked and left them alone. She was so happy for their family. Everything was finally normal in the Shakur home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.6K 1.5K 33
A story of heart break, betrayal, and so much more..
27.7K 769 15
One shots about anything related to CooCious and Terraji.
490 23 19
𝐋𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐨 𝐚 𝐟𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐞 , 𝐛𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐌𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐫𝐞? ...
13.3K 615 37
❝𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝙢𝙮 𝙗𝙖𝙙 𝙝𝙖𝙗𝙞𝙩, 𝙗𝙖𝙗𝙮 𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙚.❞ 𝘽𝘼𝘾𝙆𝙎𝙏𝙊𝙍𝙔: it was a new decade and janet was newly single and during a...