The Pentelements *SLOW UPDATE...

By Josalen144

Kirstie can see into the future Avi can see the past Mitch is a charmer Kevin is the brain Scott is the brawn... More

PROLOGUE
Ch. 1 Meetings at the Mall
Ch. 2 New Arrival
Ch. 3 Robots and Aliens
Ch. 4 Avi's Family
Ch. 5 Motel Madness
Ch. 6 Can You Hear Me?
Ch. 7 Testing Talents
Ch. 8 Showing Avi & Sneaking Around
Ch. 9 Let's Talk
Ch. 10 Questions and Confessions
Ch. 12 Police Station
A/N Anniversary Party!!!!
Ch. 13 First Look
Ch. 14 Pursuing the Persuader
Ch. 15 All Around the Mulberry Bush
Ch. 16 Can I Play?
Ch. 17 Don't You Dare
Ch. 18 Uh Oh
A/N Sneak Peek
Ch. 19 What Did You Do?!
Ch. 20 We Need A Plan
Ch. 21 Race Against Time
Ch. 22 Survival Strategy
Ch. 23 Plane Escape
Ch. 24 What A Day
Ch. 25 Family Matters
Ch. 26 Goodbye
Ch. 27 Shenanigans
Ch. 28 Truth or Dare
Ch. 29 Group Chat
Ch. 30 Almost There
Ch. 31 Test Drive
A/N Valentine's Day (OPEN)
Ch. 32 Chores
Ch. 33 Ruckus
Ch. 34 Welcome
Ch. 35 Break It
Ch. 36 Are We There Yet?
Ch. 37 Getting Started
Ch. 38 Avi's Turn
Ch. 39 Cheerleader
Ch. 40 Trampoline
Ch. 41 Explanation (Avi)
Ch. 42 Fun Times
Ch. 43 Early Morning
Ch. 44 Eggs
Ch. 45 Double Yolk
Ch. 46 Face Value
Ch. 47 Boots
Ch. 48 Getting Ready
Ch. 49 Fashion Police
Ch. 50 :)
Ch. 51 Growth Spurt
Ch. 52 Explanation (Kevin/Todrick)
Ch. 53 Friends and Foes
Ch. 54 Mitch vs. Avi
Ch. 55 Two Against One
Ch. 56 Accidentally, Of Course
Ch. 57 Police Chase
Ch. 58 Breathe
Ch. 59 Munchie
Ch. 60 Meditate
Ch. 61 Stirling's Strings
A/N Quick Update

Ch. 11 Stolen

521 29 58
By Josalen144

Everyone went back to the hotel and got their stuff together. Already knowing what plane they were going to get on, Kirstie booked the flight on her laptop and got their tickets ready. They packed everything in the car and quickly drove to the airport. They flew through the check in and were finally settled on the plane. The trip was fairly quick since they didn't need passports. They relaxed a little on the way there, and were having a good time. Avi made a few bad jokes about airplane food, Kirstie was listening to music and bobbing her head with the beat, and Kevin was looking at pamphlets about Puerto Rico. Time seemed to fly by (A/N Lol, punz) because the plane was already landing at the airport.

After they got off the plane and were greeted with a warm welcome, Kevin went to get a rental car while Avi and Kirstie went to the baggage claim. Since the bags weren't being released yet, they decided to have a bit of fun. Avi sat down in a meditation position on the spinning conveyor belt while Kirstie was holding a pose like she was ice skating. Kevin saw them and shook his head, before going to the desk.

"Excuse me, I'd like a rental car please." He told the lady, and she typed stuff in her computer.

"What size would you like?" She asked.

"Um... Let's do a small car, with a lot of space in the back for our luggage."

"Okay let me check and... Oh desculpa, we gave the last one like that away a few minutes ago."

"Really? Okay um... What about a medium car with a big trunk?" He asked hopeful, and she typed some more stuff in the computer before turning back to him.

"I have one right here that you can take now if you'd like, but it needs a bit of gas. Will that be okay?"

"That'll be no problem at all. We'll fill it up on our way to a hotel." Kevin told her, and she nodded.

"Okay, let me just get you registered really quick.. and... Ai está. Here are the keys, and it only has 2,000 miles on it so it's pretty new. Shouldn't be too hard to find." She said, giving Kevin the keys.

"Thank you."

"Sem problemas, have a nice day!" She said with a smile.

"You too."

Kevin grabbed the keys and walked over to Avi and Kirstie who were sitting in chairs now with the luggage at their feet. As he got closer, he noticed they were testing out their powers.

"What about him?" Avi asked, pointing to a guy in a grey hoodie.

Kirstie closed her eyes for a few moments before opening them again.

"He's gonna get a burger and fries before going home." She said, and then she looked around. "Try her."

Avi looked at a woman who was wearing a sundress and sunglasses. She had a big smile on her face and was on the phone with someone.

"She just got proposed to by her fiance 3 hours ago, and now she's telling her friends." He told her.

"And you can get all of that just by looking at her?" Kirstie asked, amazed.

"That, and I can see the ring and kinda hear the conversation." He said with a chuckle and Kirstie pouted.

"That's cheating!"

"Is not."

"Hey guys, I got the car." Kevin butted in.

"Oh Kevin guess what! Avi's been helping me with my powers and they're getting a lot faster!" She said with a huge grin.

"That's good, how far have you been able to see?"

"It looked like at least 6 hours."

"That's a surprisingly quick improvement." Kevin complimented.

"I know right! It also helps that I have a good teacher." She told him looking at Avi, and Kevin rolled his eyes.

"You guys should probably stop now though. Give your powers a rest so you don't get any pains." He warned, they both nodded. "Let's go get our car."

They went to the parking lot and looked around. Kevin used the keys to make the car beep a few times. They finally found a shiny black car that was responding to the keys. After putting their bags down, they opened the trunk and got to work. They tried and tried, but all of their bags wouldn't fit. Avi and Kevin were about to give in when Kirstie stepped up.

"Stand back. Let me work my magic." She said, cracking her knuckles.

A few minutes later, all of their bags were packed snuggly in the trunk of the car.

"Woah, how'd you do that? Did you see how it was gonna be and do it like that?" Avi asked, and Kirstie laughed.

"No, I've just got a lot of experience with shopping." She admitted with a smile. "Let's fill up on gas so we can get to the hotel and I can get the bigger bed again."

"Excuse you, but the bigger bed will be ours." Kevin told her, closing the trunk and getting in the passenger seat.

"Are you finally going to help me with securing a standard sleeping place?" Avi asked, getting in the driver's seat.

"Yeah, I'm getting tired of waking up with you wrapped around me." Kevin said as they drove out of the parking lot, and Kirstie laughed.

"One, I'd like to see you try to get the bigger bed, and two, I should've taken a picture of that!"

"You better not." Avi said, looking in the rear view mirror at her.

"I might, you never know. Well, I do." She said with a smirk.

They started arguing and Kevin was trying to get them to stop when he looked back at the road.

"STOP THE CAR!!!!" He yelled, and Avi slammed on the brakes.

The car jerked to a stop and they saw they had veered off the road a little and almost hit a lamp post. Everyone in the car was breathing heavily and Kevin glared at Avi.

"Okay, you aren't allowed to drive anymore." Kevin said, unbuckling his seatbelt and getting out of the car.

He walked around to the driver's side and opened the door.

"Out." He said, and Avi scrambled to get out of the car.

Once he was out, Kevin got in and buckled his seatbelt again. Avi went to the passenger's side and tried to open the door, but it was locked.

"Um, Kevin? Can you maybe unlock the door?" He asked, but Kevin shook his head.

"Nope, you're sitting in the back and Kirstie sits up here."

They were quiet for a moment, then Kirstie slowly got of her seatbelt and opened the door.

"I feel like I'm walking into the principal's office." She whispered as she passed Avi.

"Me too." He said, and then they both got in the car.

After they put on their seat belts, the car was silent for a few more minutes before Kevin spoke up.

"Are you guys going to stop arguing?" He asked, and they nodded. "And are you going to stay quiet until we get to the gas station?" Another nod. "Good, now I don't want to hear anything unless it's important."

He started the car, got back on the road, and started driving to the nearest gas station. A few minutes had passed when they finally found one and pulled in next to the pump. Remembering the number, Kevin got of the car.

"You guys can come in if you'd like." He told them, and he saw Kirstie bite the inside of her cheek.

"Are you sure?" She asked, and he nodded.

"I said you had to stay quiet until we got here, and we're here." He reminded them, and Avi immediately perked up and got out of the car.

"Oh good, because I'm kinda hungry and I can see some chips in the window." He said, then he ran inside.

Kevin and Kirstie chuckled and walked inside. They were immediately greeted by a lady that was working there.

"Olá, como posso ajudá-lo?" She asked as Kirstie went to the back to get a drink.

"Preciso de gasolina." Kevin told her, and Avi looked at him strangely as he came back with an arm full of chips.

"When did you learn Portuguese?" He questioned as Kirstie appeared next to him, drinking a soda.

"I picked up a few things at the airport." Kevin told him, and the lady chuckled.

"You know, you could've just told me you were American." She said, leaning on the counter.

"I know, but it didn't really matter. Can we put $20 on pump three?" He asked, looking for his wallet.

"Sure, sem problemas."

Kevin took the keys out of his pocket and set them on the counter as he kept looking. He switched to the other pocket and finally found it. Taking out his credit card, he quickly paid for the gas.

"Should I just pay for your 'snacks' while I'm at it?" He asked Avi and Kirstie.

"Oh you don't have to, it's just a drink." Kirstie told him, but Avi immediately jumped at the opportunity.

"Thanks Kev, I'll pay you back later." He said, dropping the chips on the counter.

The lady who was working there, who Kevin knew was Sam because of her nametag, looked between them before ringing up the chips.

"Should I scan the drink too?" She asked, and Kevin nodded.

Sam quickly scanned the drink before Kirstie had a chance to protest, and pressed a few buttons on the cash register. Kevin paid for the new total and put his credit card away. He then grabbed the receipt, his wallet, and the keys to the car and put them in his pocket before grabbing the bag of Avi's chips.

"Thanks again." He said with a grin, and Kevin nodded and turned to leave.

They were walking out of the gas station when Kevin bumped into someone.

"I'm sorry. Excuse me."

"Oh no, excuse me." The stranger said apologetically, then they went inside.

They walked back to the pump their car was at and started filling it with gas. Avi started eating some chips and Kirstie finished the rest of her drink before throwing it away. A few minutes had passed until it was finally full. Avi took the pump out and closed the gas tank on the car.

"All done. Let's get going!" He said, putting the pump back and throwing away an empty bag of chips.

Kevin nodded and put his hands in his pockets. He paused and felt around for bit before he looked at them.

"The keys are gone." He kept looking and gave a dejected sighed. "And, so is my wallet."

"Maybe you left them inside the gas station. Let's look." Kirstie suggested.

They nodded and quickly went back inside.

"Excuse me, Sam? Did I leave my keys and wallet in here?" Kevin asked, but she shook her head.

"No, I remember seeing you put both of them in your pocket." She said, and not even a few moments later, they heard the sound of tires squealing.

They looked out the door and saw their rental car driving away from them at high speeds.

"Ooh, bad luck. Desculpe rapazes." She told them with a shrug. "Don't feel bad, this kinda thing happens a lot in this part of town."

"Seriously? Okay, I know this is bad but you've gotta admit it's a little funny. We haven't been here for 30 minutes and someone already took our stuff." Avi said with a chuckle.

"Avi that's not funny." Kirstie told him.

"It's a little funny. Here, give me your jacket. Maybe I could see who it was and where they went." He said, turning to Kevin.

"How can you tell who the person was and where they went by looking at his jacket?" Sam asked confused.

"Oh, when I was younger, I would do detective work in my free time with my dad. Turns out I'm really good at solving problems." He explained. "Come on, there's better lighting outside."

"Boa sorte! Good luck!" She called after them.

"Obrigado." Kevin told her, before going outside.

"Did you really do detective work with your dad?" Kirstie asked Avi curiously.

"Of course not, my dad's not a detective. He can't even find the right remote for the tv. We have 3 and can never pick the right one." He said with a small chuckle. "You'd think we would've labeled them by now, but nope."

"I'll get you guys a label maker when we get back." Kevin told him as he took off his jacket and handed it to him.

Avi closed his eyes and concentrated. A few seconds later he opened them again and handed Kevin's jacket back to him.

"What did you see?" Kirstie asked.

"Remember that guy Kevin bumped into when we were leaving to fill up the gas tank?" He questioned, and Kevin groaned.

"He probably saw me take the keys out and knew which car was ours when we filled it up."

"Well let's go to the police station, we know the license plate and Avi can describe what they looked like." Kirstie said, and they nodded.

"Now... we just need to know where exactly the police station is." Avi said and Kirstie pointed down the road.

"There's one about a mile back this way. I saw it on our way here." She told him.

"A mile?!"

"Relax, it's just 4 laps around a track." Kevin comforted, and he sighed.

"But my feet hurt."

"Hey, I'm wearing heels but you don't see me complaining." She argued.

"No one told you to wear them!" He shot back.

"You are so lazy, no wonder I keep getting the bigger bed." She said, with a smirk and he gave her a soft glare.

They kept arguing back and forth when they realized Kevin wasn't with them anymore. They saw that he was a few yards in front of them walking down the street.

"You coming or what?" He called over his shoulder, and they ran to catch up. "You two are like children, I swear." He muttered under his breath.

Finally all together, they began walking to the police station and playing a few games along the way to pass the time. Avi and Kirstie started arguing again about who knows what, and Kevin rolled his eyes.

'This walk is gonna be longer than I thought.'

~*~*~

(A/N Longer chapter to make up for me being gone. Love you guys! I'm going to say what one of my favorite authors on here used to say: Slap that little vote button with your nose! Thanks for reading :D )

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.8K 426 18
Avi Kaplan and Kirstie Maldonado are total opposites of each other. They can't stand each other one bit. But what happens when they become roomates...
15K 366 35
Note that I wrote these before Matt joined so sorry he's not in here 😔 Other than that... just a regular one shot book and it's pg so yay for us 😂
53.7K 3.3K 26
〝some people stepped away, as if i were a bomb that would explode any second. but mitch stayed.〞 { completed }
8.3K 373 13
What would happen if PTX were to split up? Could they end up getting back together or will one member's life altering event change that? The 1st book...