Chasing Sya

By passtheduch

What do you do when you're the daughter of the Demon Master? Run away, of course! Hidden within the largest... More

Dedication
Baozhai Restaurant
Baozhai Restaurant (2)
Wife
Wife (2)
Wife (3)
Ai's Wicked Tongue
Wine And Blood
Tag Team
Ai's Wicked Tongue (2)
Ai's Wicked Tongue (3)
Debt In Hands
Debt In Hands (2)
Chase
Chase (2)
Thoughts
Failed Step
Head Of Wei
My Wife
Meeting Grandpa
Like Grandpa, Like Grandson
Seven Shade Hunters
Seven Shade Hunters (2)
Shameless To The End
Decisions
Unworthy
Say Yes
Resolution
Celebrate
A Meeting of Wei
A Man...
Birthday Banquet (1)
Birthday Banquet (2)
Wedding (1)
A Play In Public
A Play In Public (2)
Shayna
Wedding (2)
The Elders of Wei
Mother, Son Pair
Mother, Son Pair (2)
Flowing Wind Courtyard
Rumors
Milano
Milano (2)
Promises
Making Moves
The Past
Blackmire Island
Blackmire Island (2)
Blackmire Island (3)
Blackmire Island (4)
Fate
Siblings
Fuck Fate
Siblings (2)
Arena of Blood
Arena of Blood (2)
Arena of Blood (3)
Arena of Blood (4)
Wishes, Maybes and Regret
Arnessa
Arnessa (2)
Arnessa (3)
Arnessa (4)
Toga (1)
Toga (2)
Gift
Snowball
Snowball (2)
Trap
Trap (2)
Saving Sya
Saving Sya (2)
The Creature
The Creature (2)
The Creature (3)
The Creature (4)
No More
No More (2)
Right and Just
Homecoming
Unfilial Brat
The Elders of Wei (2)
Magnanimous
The End

Nightmares

16.8K 829 21
By passtheduch

Sya stood up and reached around the counter and grabbed two jugs of wine.

"Come, let us drink under the moon." Sya said as she lead the way out of the restaurant and down the stairs. She lead him into the small bamboo grove and through the thick bamboo trees, was a clearing. Inside of the clearing was a table and two chairs.

"Sit."

Sya ordered as she placed the two jugs of wine on the table. She opened them and as she sat down, she took a long and hearty swig of wine from the jug. Her unladylike manner caught Ju Long off guard, but he smiled. He liked seeing this side of her. This side that she doesn't show anyone, this side that she only showed to him.

Ju Long moved his chair so he would sit next to Sya then he too, copied Sya and drank from his jug of wine. A feeling of contentment and serenity came over him. There was also a sense of peace and comfort that no one has ever given him before. But sitting silently next to his woman, it was as if everything was right in the world. It made him have more resolve to make her his woman, his Wife, his love and his life.

"You don't know anything about me." Sya said after a long time of the two of them enjoying each other's company while drinking the Hell's Morning Dew Drop Wine. Her words broke through their illusion of peace.

"Then tell me." Ju Long said as he set his jug of wine down and turned to look at Sya.

The loose strand of hair fluttered along with the wind as her wet lips swallowed more wine. He could tell the wine was affecting her because her eyes had a hazy look to them as she stared off into the moon. As if she was lost in thought.

"My father is a strong and powerful man. He is an evil man. A man who does what he wishes and doesn't care of the consequences." Sya started off saying. She was quiet for a long time before she took another gulp of wine to give her strength to continue. Her Demon Father was not a subject she talked about everyday. Nor was it a subject she wants to remember. "He took my mother, used her then threw her away when he was tired of her, which was the next day. The only reason why he didn't kill her was because she became pregnant with me. My poor mother lived long enough to give birth to me. It was a blessing, in a way, to die because of me instead of my Father's hands."

Ju Long sat still as he listened to her horror. How could anyone think or feel as if their birth was a mercy killing towards their mother? How awful is her Father that Sya would think this way?

"My Shade Hunters and Ai were too born on the same day that I was born. They were given to me as a present from my Father, to serve me and only me. I was the first daughter my Father have after a long line of sons. He was happy that I was a daughter and not a son. I guess I had that blessing from my mother. Had I been a boy, I would have to compete with my brothers for my Father's affections. For his approval. For survival. But because I was born a girl. In his own twisted way, he had given me his affections and his approval the moment I came into this world. The only reason I survived early in life, is because I was born a girl and not a boy." Sya smiled bitterly. "Don't get me wrong. Although I have my Father's affection and approval, didn't mean I didn't go through the same training as my brothers. I did. Along with Ai and my Shade Hunters. Life.... was hard."

Sya didn't tell him of the horrors they had to face. Or what kind of training they went through to become martial fighters, or in this case, soulless killers. She shuddered as she fell into memories of killing people as a young age of four. She was lost in her memories of fighting to live in the Arena of Blood as her brothers cheered them on from the sidelines.

She didn't know if they cheered her on so she would win and survive or they cheered on her opponent to kill her. Either way, the loud roar deafened her as she could only hear her own breathing. Sweat dripped down her back as she stares at her opponent. Her opponent was just a child like her. Only five years of age, but he held on his dagger like a professional. As if this was not his first time in the Arena.

Sya waited and watched as the young boy suddenly ran towards her with his dagger in his hand. He executed a complicated footwork that made it seem as if there were two of him instead of one. Sya's eyes flickered back and forth, from one to the other, deciding which one to attack. She flicked her whip and let it go. Her whip ended up hitting the mirage. As it disappeared, the real boy lept in the air just a few feet away from her and attacked.

Sya flicked the whip again and it caught hold of the boy's leg and pulled him down. He landed, face down just inches away from her. His dagger was knocked away when he fell.

Sya looked up at her Father and her Father's black eyes reflected back at her. His hand came up and made a horizontal line across his neck, telling her to kill the boy. She knew. Right then and there. That if she didn't kill the boy. The boy would kill her. Or her Father would kill her. She knew, because she's seen it before. Her Father's words were law. Should anyone defy him, he would kill them without question.

Sya closed her eyes and looked down at the young boy who was a year older than she is. His black hair shined against the red moon that called out for blood. Sya swallowed her emotions and put them away in a box. If she was going to kill. She will kill swiftly so they would not feel too much pain.

Her hand flicked quickly and her white qi sword came out. The crowd cheered louder as Sya raised the sword up, preparing to strike down on the boy. The boy groaned, then slowly turned around to lie on his back. The moment he did, all he saw was the white flash from Sya's sword as she plunged the sword in his heart, killing him instantly. His wide eyes stared back at Sya in surprise as Sya looks down at the same eyes that she too has.

Dark sea blue eyes met, dark sea blue eyes that slowly faded into soulless eyes. Sya's hand trembled as she realized, she killed her own half brother.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.5K 1.2K 78
𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗦 𝗜𝗦𝗡'𝗧 𝗠𝗬 𝗡𝗢𝗩𝗘𝗟. 𝗜 𝗢𝗡𝗟𝗬 𝗣𝗢𝗦𝗧𝗘𝗗 𝗜𝗧 𝗙𝗢𝗥 𝗢𝗡𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗘 𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗗𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗣𝗨𝗥𝗣𝗢𝗦𝗘. 𝗔𝗟𝗦𝗢 𝗡𝗢𝗧 𝗠𝗬 𝗧𝗥𝗔𝗡𝗦�...
1.7K 10 2
Su Jing transmigrated into a story. Now, you might think that's all well and good, but let's not forget one crucial detail: Su Jing was not the star...
1.6K 136 12
"I won him in a game of dice. I never owned him, though. He owned himself and always would, but I did not discover that until much later." Javaneh's...
190K 3.4K 52
Lu Wanwan transmigrated inside a melodramatic and rich-businessman-type novel called The Rich Young Master's Gentle Love. In the original novel, the...