Vapor [LASHTON AU]

By wickedwhing

"Cause I just need another hit You're the thing that I can't quit" -Vapor Luke and his best friend, Calum mov... More

Details and Warning:
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
ANNOUNCEMENT
18.1
18.2
19
20
21
22
23.1
23.2
23.3
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44 - The Final Chapter
ANNOUNCEMENT

10

5.2K 140 163
By wickedwhing

First of all, I would really wan to thank you all for giving time to read my story. I know I keep saying it, but I am really really and truly happy about it. I really never thought that someone would actually read my story but now, 300 reads..it may be just a small amount of reads compared to other books, but it is more than enough for me. I am truly grateful and I really appreciate it. So, THANK YOU. THANK YOU. THANK YOU. <3

---

"Honey, I'm home!" I heard Calum call out in the apartment as soon as he entered.

I smiled wide then called back, "In my room, sweetie!"

"Sweetie?" Ashton said over the receiver and I chuckled remembering I was talking to him on the phone since he called me to check if I got home safely after work. He wasn't able to pick me up so he asked Niall to give me a ride home. I really didn't want him to do that since I don't wanna bother Niall. I can always take the bus. But I didn't know anything until I just saw the Irish boy waiting for me outside the café when I got off of work.

"Why? You jealous?" I responded, teasingly.

Ashton scoffed, "Jealous? No. I'm pretty sure your best friend is not your type."

I laughed at what he said, "God, you're so jealous but yeah, he's not."

"I know you like me very much but you didn't have to call me 'God'. Well anyway, that just proves how much you are into me, so..."

"Holyshit. Did you just make a joke?" I commented both jokingly and surprisingly. Well never have I heard Ashton make any joke.

"Don't make it such a big deal."

I laughed, "Though how much I wanted to make it such a big deal right now, I really need to go. I can hear Calum's footsteps. He's headed towards my room."

"Ok. Just text me later before you go to bed."

"Ok. Bye, Ash."

"Bye, baby."

I blushed a bit by the pet name. It still gives me feels even though Ashton calls me that all the time. I smiled to myself as I hung up the call and that was when Calum appeared on my door.

I beamed as I saw him and quickly jumped off the bed and rushed to him to give him a tight hug. He laughed as he hugged me back and said, "Miss you too, buddy."

I pulled away and said, "How's Mali? God, I miss her."

"She's fine. She sent her regards and this," Calum said and raised up a denim jacket with some ripped design and the words "Young Renegade" and a rose at the center adorning the back.

My eyes widened in astonishment. It was the All Time Low merch that I have been wanting to buy. I slowly reached out for the jacket and glanced up at Calum in awe.

"Wow," I breathed. "Thank you. Thank you so much. I can't believe this. How-how did she know I want this?"

"Well I kinda have mentioned it and she just bought it and said to give it to you. She misses you too you know."

I smiled widely at Calum then pulled him in another hug. "Thanks," I told him and he nodded as he patted my back.

"So," he said as we pulled away, "who were you talking to on the phone? You were smiling like an idiot."

I froze for a moment, surprised that he caught that. I quickly thought of a lie and said, "Oh, it was Harry. Just checking if I would go to their wedding. Apparently he got my number."

"Why were you smiling like an idiot? It was like you were talking to your boyfriend and he compliments you or something." Calum commented.

I almost blushed at that because it was almost accurate. "What? That is just out of nowhere. I was smiling because he and Louis were bickering and I find it adorable."

"Ok..." Calum nodded, and I pray to God he would just accept what I told him and won't go too much into it. "So, how was it being alone here?"

Thank God.

I smiled and then said, "Well it was fine. I had the whole apartment to myself and I kinda liked it. You know, peaceful and stuff."

Calum playfully glared at me then walked over to my bed and lied down. I chuckled as I followed him and did the same.

"You did not bring guys over and had one-night stands, did you?"

I gasped and put a hand on my chest in fake offense. "Wow, Calum, I have never been greatly offended in my entire life."

Calum laughed and playfully hit my arm. I chuckled then let out a sigh of relief. Relieved that my best friend is back. I missed him though it was just a few days that he was gone.

"Hey," Calum said, making me look at him. "were you taking the bus the whole time I was gone?"

I actually didn't expect that question. I contemplated for a short moment whether to tell him the truth that Ashton was getting me a ride or just lie about it.

"Uh, not always." I said, settling in between lying and telling the truth.

"You walked sometimes?" Calum asked, voice laced with worry.

"No, Calum," I said with a smile, "Some of my friends from uni and work offer me a ride sometimes."

"Oh, ok. I'm glad you didn't walk or take the bus the whole time. I really don't like you taking the bus especially when you get home after work. It's kinda dangerous."

"Oh, come on. I am a full-grown man. I think I can take care of myself." I told Calum with a playful smile.

Calum pouted and said, "But you are a clumsy giant."

This time I gave him a glare and playfully pushed him.

Calum laughed and so did I.

We laid there on my bed for a while in silence until Calum said, "Can I just not attend my classes tomorrow?"

"What? Why?" I asked him in confusion.

"Because it's just one day to attend class this week. Can I just...you know...finish the week without uni and just come back next week?"

I chuckled, "Lazy ass."

Calum smiled then his face lit up as if he remembered something and said, "Hey, have you seen Mikey?"

"I think he's in his apartment. Why?" I responded.

"Well, I got something to give him," Calum said as he got up from the bed.

I followed his actions as I said, "What?"

"Mum's homemade cookies," Calum replied as he headed towards the door.

I quickly followed him and said, "Did you also bring me some?"

"Of course. You'd cry if I didn't."

"Yes!" I exclaimed, following Calum to the kitchen. He picked up one of the box tupperwares from the counter and I was about to open the other when he said, "Not yet, Luke. You gotta go with me first."

"Where?" I asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"To their apartment to bring these to Michael, of course."

"Why would you need me to go there? It's just across the hall."

"Just come with me."

I eyed Calum for a moment then realization hit me and I laughed and said, "You're afraid of Ashton."

Calum scoffed, "I'm not afraid of him. I'm just not comfortable with him. Now shut up and go with me."

"Fine," I said as I followed Calum towards the door.

We walked to Michael and Ashton's apartment door and just suddenly the beating of my heart went faster at the thought of the possibility of seeing Ashton even if we just talked through the phone just minutes ago.

Yes, I do see him everyday and get to touch him and hold him and kiss him but I still get excited everytime I am about to see him or just think of him, especially now that we are finally official. It just makes me feel a lot of kinds of feelings. I still can't believe that he's actually my boyfriend now. It's literally a dream come true.

I smiled to myself at the thought of Ashton being my boyfriend. I don't think I would ever get used to call him that.

Calum and I stopped in front of the door and I was the one who went to knock. Just a moment later, the door was opened and my heart skipped at the sight of my beautiful boyfriend.

But my moment was quickly cut off with Calum saying, "Holyshit!" He was actually gaping at the sight of Ashton having a bruise and a few cuts on his face.

I hit Calum with my elbow, making him close his mouth and glare at me. God...this boy sometimes need to control his reactions on some things.

I looked at Ashton who was raising a questioning eyebrow at us. I smiled at him and said, "Hi! Uh...is Michael home?"

"Yeah, he's in the shower. Why?" Ashton responded with that usual monotone voice of him.

I looked at Calum who was staring at Ashton. I rolled my eyes and nudged his shoulder, making him look away from Ashton turning to me.

"Why are we here, Calum?" I asked him.

"Oh! Uh...well...I have to give these to Michael," Calum said lifting the tupperware a bit to show what he was talking about.

Ashton glanced at me then to the tupperware on Calum's hand. He sighed then opened the door wider as he stepped back and said, "Come on in."

"What?" Calum and I both said in unison and both suprised that Ashton invited us in. I was expecting for him to maybe just take the tupperware and give it to Michael himself. Probably Calum thinks the same too. Or worse because this guy's mind can be out of this world sometimes.

"Come on in," Ashton repeated. "You can wait for him inside. He's probably about to finish."

"Ok," I said as I pulled Calum by his sleeves and entered the familiar apartment.

Ashton closed the door and followed us as he said, "You can put that on the counter and just maybe...wait in the living room or something."

Calum just stood in the middle of the kitchen like a lost boy. I rolled my eyes and grabbed the box from his hand and placed it on the counter as I took a seat on the center barstool. I then noticed Calum taking a seat next to me on my left.

"You want something to drink?" Ashton offered and I looked at him with a raised eyebrow. I was really not expecting this kind of behaviour from him. Well if it's just me and him, this is most likely to happen but with other people around, I expect him to be his usual strict, grumpy self.

Ashton just gave me a glance then turned to Calum with a questioning look making Calum say, "Uh...I'll just have a beer if you have any."

Ashton nodded and went over to the fridge to get Calum a bottle of beer. He opened the bottle and handed it to my friend. Calum mumbled a 'thanks' as he took the bottle of beer from Ashton.

Ashton then turned to me and said, "How about you, Luke? Don't you want anything?"

"Nah...I'm good," I said with a smile, earning a small one from Ashton.

Just then Michael appeared in the kitchen from the hallway and halted with a surprised expression as he saw me and Calum sitting at their kitchen counter. I beamed at him as Calum gave him a nod and a smile.

"What are you guys doing here?" Michael asked, walking over to the kitchen counter with a smile on his face.

"Well, as promised, I brought you my mum's homemade cookies," Calum said as he pushed the tupperware towards Michael.

Michael's face lit up at the mention of the food and took the box with excitement, making Ashton roll his eyes. I gave him a knowing look and he shrugged in response then walked around the counter to sit on the empty bar stool next to me, lightly nudging his knee to mine.

Michael beamed at the sight of the cookies when he opened the box. I chuckled at his reaction.

"Damn. I really didn't think you'd actually bring me some." Michael told Calum with a chuckle.

Calum smiled then shrugged and said, "Well I promised, didn't I?"

"Thanks, man!"

Calum chuckled as he nodded.

"Well, since you're here now, why don't you join me and Ash watch a movie?"

I turned to Ashton with a questioning expression and he gave me a shrug as he said, "If you want to."

"Don't you have an early class tomorrow? It's Friday." I said, glancing between Ashton and Michael.

"I'll skip class tomorrow. Not in the mood. I feel so tired this week," Michael said.

"And you?" I asked Ashton.

"I won't attend class with a fucked up face, Luke." Ashton replied.

"Well actually I was also planning of skipping class tomorrow since it's already Friday and I was gone the whole week." Calum stated.

"What? So I am the only one here who was thinking about attending class tomorrow?" I asked and all three of them just gave me a shrug.

"A movie night really sounds better than an early class, Luke," Calum pointed out.

Michael nodded in agreement.

I looked at Ashton then he said, "Well, I do agree with Calum, Luke."

"Really?"

Ashton shrugged and I rolled my eyes then said, "Fine. Let's have a movie night."

Calum and Michael highfived. Ashton just gave me a small smile.

"Well, I would only join this movie night if I am in comfortble clothes, so let me go back to my apartment first and change. I've been in this clothes since this morning." I stated, standing up from the bar stool.

"Why don't you just borrow my clothes?" Ashton offered.

"What?" I asked him with a raised eyebrow. I was a bit surprised of his offer and at the same time excitement builds up in me. He's offering to let me use his clothes! Just tje thought of wearing Ashton's clothes is already giving me tingling feelings and excitement.

"You can borrow clothes from me," he answered looking up at me since I am standing now.

"Well I kinda have to change too, so maybe we'll just come back," Calum said before I can respond to Ashton.

I actually frowned at what Calum said because I wanted to wear Ashton's clothes. I just hope nobody saw that.

"Just borrow some of mine as well," Michael offered Calum. " So you won't go back and forth between our apartments. I'm pretty sure I got clothes that would fit you and Ashton got some that would fit Luke."

I internally cheered at what Michael said and looked at Calum expectantly.

"Are we also gonna have a slumber party now?" Calum asked with a chuckle.

Michael laughed, "Well if you both are ok with sleeping over, I'm fine with it. How about you, Ash?"

Ashton just gave a shrug.

"You sure?" I asked him.

"Well, I'm pretty sure we're gonna have a late night tonight since everyone has agreed of skipping class tomorrow. So eveyone would probably end up tired and asleep in the living room." Ashton stated.

"So it's settled then." Michael said with an excited smile. He then turned to Calum and said, "You're ok with borrowing my clothes right?"

"Sure," Calum said, standing up from his seat.

"Well, my room's the first door in the hall. You can just pick whatever you want to wear," Michael told Calum. "I'll set up the movie in the living room as you change."

"Come on, Luke," Ashton told me as he gestured for me to follow him to his room.

I nodded at him and then he turned to Calum and said, "I'll take you to Mike's room."

Calum glanced at me then also nodded and we both followed Ashton down the hall.

"This is Michael's room," Ashton told Calum, opening the door. "His clothes are in the dresser."

"Ok, thanks," Calum said with a small smile as he entered Michael's room.

Ashton gestured for me to follow him into his room which was the last one down the hall.

As soon as we both entered, he closed the door behind him then immediately pulled me to him and caught my lips with a sweet kiss. I immediately responded to the kiss and circled my arms around his neck as his arms wrapped around my waist.

"I missed you today," Ashton softly said as we pulled away from the kiss.

"Me too," I replied with a smile. "Especially during work. I was getting used to having you stay with me before my shift and picking me up after."

Ashton smiled, "I really hope I didn't annoy you with me always being around."

"I love always having you around," I said, cupping his face with my hands and kissing him softly.

"You should change," Ashton said.

I nodded with a smile as I let go of him. He then took my hand and gently pulled me with him towards his dresser.

"What would you like to wear?" He asked.

"Well just some sweatpants will do just fine. I gotta get out of this skinny jeans." I responded.

"If you ask me, I prefer you in those. Your legs look sexy." He said with a smirk, looking down at my legs.

I blush at his statement. Ashton chuckled, satisfied at making me flustered then let go of my hand and opened a drawer. He pulled out a pair of black sweatpants and handed them to me.

"You wanna borrow some shirt as well?" He asked as I took the sweatpants from me. I nodded at him and he pulled a random white t-shirt from another drawer.

As I got the clothes from him he went over to his bed and sat down. I looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

"What? Are you all shy to change in front of me?" Ashton asked, lying down on his bed.

"Well, yeah, to be quite honest." I told him.

He chuckled, "Come on, baby. We have both seen each other in boxers so there really is no need for you to get all shy."

"But-,"

"Just change, baby. And hurry up, they are waiting. They'd probably wonder what happened to us if we take too long to return out there."

I huffed, "Fine."

I slipped out of my shoes and I started to strip off my clothes and I could really feel Ashton's eyes on me. I just didn't make myself look at him because if I do, I'd probably turn as red as a tomato in embarrassment. I know Ashton is not the kind to judge but I still feel insecure around him. I mean, look at how perfect he is!

As soon as I finished changing, I folded my clothes and piled them at the end of Ashton's bed as I also placed my shoe at the foot of the bed. I didn't bother putting them back on since I know I'd probably end up sprawled on the couch.

Ashton got up from the bed and I was about to head to the door but he took hold of my arm and gently pulled me to him again, locking me in his embrace, and then kissing me deeply.

I chuckled as we pulled away and said. "What are you doing? I thought we should head back out."

Ashton smiled, "I just can't help it, sometimes. I just need to kiss you. You know, especially when I see that lip ring."

"Stop making me blush, Ashton!" I groaned as I hid my face in the crook of his neck.

Ashton chuckled, gently squeezing my hip.

"Thank you," I told him with a soft smile as I looked at him.

Ashton furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, "For what?"

"For being so nice tonight." I pecked his lips.

He smiled then said, "Come on, baby. Let's go back out."

He led me out of his room. We quickly separated from each other as we headed down the hallway.

Calum was already in the living room with Michael. He was seated on the recliner while Michael was feeling relaxed on a beanbag on the floor. They both turned to me and Ashton when we both took a seat at opposite ends on the couch.

"What took you so long?" Michael asked with a chuckle.

"Luke was being picky with the clothes," Ashton nonchalantly lied.

My eyes widened as I looked at him and I gaped. "I was not being picky, Ashton!"

"Yeah, sure you're not." He simply replied.

I glared at him and punched his arm, "I was not."

H gripped his arm and turned to me with a scowl, "Why are you so fucking abusive?"

"Well you were a dickhead." I shot back.

"Well you didn't have to beat me up. Can't you see I'm still injured?"

"Oh don't be such a baby, Ashton. It was a light punch, it can't ruin your arm."

Ashton was gonna say something back but Michael beat him to it and said, "Ok, why don't we start the movie before you both kill each other?"

I sighed and turned away from Ashton only to see Calum gaping at us and Michael had this unreadable look on his face.

I looked back at Ashton who was lookinhnat Michael and said, "What are we watching?"

"Mama," Michael replied with a grin.

Ashton raised an eyebrow, "Really?"

"Yeah, I wanna watch it again and Calum hasn't seen it, so..." Michael said with a shrug.

"Well I haven't seen it as well," I said.

"Fine, let's watch that. Play it, Mike." Ashton said.

Michael grinned and pressed play.

As the movie started I look around to look for a pillow so I can get comfortable on the couch. I saw a throw pillow on the floor so I picked it up and hugged it to my chest as I sunk into the comfortable couch. The lights were already off amd everyone's attention were on the TV screen except for Ashton's. When I glanced at him, he was subtly looking at me.

I raised a questioning eyebrow at him and he just gave me a small smile as he turned away and looked at the TV screen. I did the same and tried to focus on the movie.

Suddenly, I felt my phone vibrate in the pocket of Ashton's sweatpants that I am wearing. I pulled it out and saw a text from Ashton. I turned to him and saw him looking at the TV screen with his phone in his hands.

I looked back down on my phone and opened the text.

Ashton: You look so beautiful.

I immediately blushed at the message. Good thing it's dark and none of them, especially Ashton, would see.

Me: Focus on the movie, Irwin.

I subtly watched him as he opened up my text. A small smile tugged on his lips as he went to type in his reply.

Ashton: How can I do that when you're sitting just a few feet from me?

Me: I really can't remember how is that my problem 🤔

Ashton: You're sassiness makes you more attractive.

Me: What has gotten in you today? Making a joke and being flirty? Are you sick?

Ashton: Wow, Hemmings. Can't I be like that with my boyfriend?

I cheeks heated again at the word 'boyfriend'. I just can't help it you know. It just makes me feel stuff.

I was about to type in my reply when Calum said, "Why are you so busy on your phone?"

"What?" I asked him though I clearly heard him. I just didn't know how to answer that.

"Why are paying more attention to your phone than to the movie?" Calum asked with furrowed eyebrows.

I raised an eyebrow at him and said, "Why are you paying more attention to me than to the movie?"

Calum gaped but held an amused expression on his face.

Ashton on the other hand, literally laughed at what I said, making Michael look at us and eye Ashton as if he was an alien.

"Fuck, Hemmings! Are you on your period?" Ashton asked me with a chuckle as he looked at me from the other end of the couch.

I rolled my eyes at him and gave him the middle finger which he returned with a light laugh. I turned away from him and noticed Michael staring at Ashton with a confused expression.

I ignored it then put my phone away and we all turned our attention back to the movie. But I unfortunately couldn't focus on it since I spent the whole time bickering with Ashton through texts.

---

I woke up to the smell of coffee and the sound of someone cooking. I moved around and realized I am not on a bed. I opened my eyes and looked around me. The surrounding was unfamiliar yet also familiar at the same time. Just then I remembered last night's events and realized I am at Michael and Ashton's apartment and might have fallen asleep on their couch last night.

I slowly sat up and found Calum and Michael comfortably sleeping on the beanbags on the floor on either side of the couch.

"Good morning," I heard Ashton's voice and I smiled before turning around and saw him behind the kitchen counter making breakfast. He threw me a smile and went to pour some coffee on a mug.

I stood up and went over to the kitchen counter, sitting down on a barstool. He gave me a peck on the lips and I blushed slightly. He smiled as he slowly pushed the mug of coffee towards me and I thanked him with a smile.

"How was your sleep?" Ashton asked with a soft smile.

"Good. Your couch was comfortable." I replied before taking a sip of the coffee and wow, this is good. Is there anything Ashton couldn't do?

Ashton smirked, "That's good to hear."

"How about you? Did you get any sleep? Where did you sleep?"

"Yeah, I had some sleep and we kinda shared the couch." Ashton responded with a smirk.

"What?" I said with wide eyes.

He chuckled, "Well you just decided to make me your pillow last night. You just cuddled up to me and won't let me get up. You somehow ended up sleeping on top of me."

"I did that?" I asked in both surprise and embarrassment.

Ashton smiled, "Yeah, you did."

"Shit, I'm sorry."

"It's fine."

Well that's maybe why I felt so comfortable sleeping last night.

I leaned closer to Ashton and said in a hushed tone, "Did they see me do that?"

Ashton shook his head 'no'. "They fell asleep halfway through the second movie. When you snuggled up to me, the second movie was almost done so it was safe." He said in a quiet voice.

I nodded with a small smile and thank God they didn't see that because if they did, I really don't know what to do when they bombard me and Ash with a lot of curious questions.

"Goodthing you woke up before anyone else did," I stated.

Ashton gave me a smile in response and said, "Someone had to prepare breakfast. I don't know about Calum but you and Mike are food monsters."

I gaped at him in disbelief and he laughed at my reaction.

I playfully glared at him then I watched him as he got a plate and placed bacon and eggs on it before giving it to me.

"Oh thanks!" I said with a grin and picked up a bacon strip and began munching on it.

Ashton looked at me with a fond expression then leaned in and gave me another peck on the lips. I gave him a wide grin, making him chuckle.

Just then we both heard a groan coming from the living room. I turned around and saw Michael sitting up and rubbing the sleep from his eyes. He looked around and then raised an eyebrow at me and Ashton.

"Get up, sleepyhead. Breakfast's ready." Ashton told Michael, the tone of his voice less cold and less rude. I smiled small to myself at that.

Michael got up from the beanbag he was sleeping on and looked down at the still sleeping Calum from the opposite side of the living room.

"Aren't we gonna wake him up?" Michael asked.

"I'll do it," I said. "Come here and have some breakfast."

I stood up from my seat and went over to where Calum was sleeping as Michael went over to the kitchen counter and sat down on the barstool next to where I was sitting.

I stood over Calum and lightly kicked him on his thigh. He groaned but didn't wake up and just turned over on the beanbag. I rolled my eyes and kicked him again, a bit harder this time.

"What the fuck, Luke! What is your problem?" He grumbled without opening his eyes.

"Have some shame and get up." I told him.

"You, have some shame and stop disturbing people when they sleep." He shot back snuggling more into the beanbag.

"Well I am not the one who's sleeping on a beanbag in the neighbour's living room." I stated, making Calum stiffen then slowly turn back to me with eyes wide open.

I watched him in amusement as he looked around and slowly sat up. His whole face reddened when he saw Michael and Ashton looking at him from the kitchen with amused look on their faces.

I laughed at my best friend, earning a glare from him and headed back to the kitchen, saying, "Get up, Calum, and have some breakfast."

"You made breakfast?" Calum asked as he stood up and followed me.

"Nope. Ashton did."

"Oh. Ok." He said as he sat down on a barstool next to Michael.

I sat back down on the barstool I was previously sitting and continued eating the food on my plate. I watched as Ashton put some bacon and eggs on a plate and handed it to Calum.

Calum mumbled a 'thanks' but didn't look up at Ashton and just focused on the food on the plate.

"So what made you cook breakfast?" Michael asked Ashton before taking a sip of his coffee.

"What kind of question is that?" Ashton responded to Michael with an 'are you kidding me' look on his face.

"What is so wrong about what I asked?" Michael said.

"If I didn't cook breakfast, do you think you are eating now?" Ashton shot back.

Michael rolled his eyes, "Well you don't usually do it."

"We got other company, Michael."

Michael was about to respond and I beat him to it not wanting to risk them arguing and said, "What time is it, Ash?"

"It's almost 11," Ashton responded, turning to me. "Why? You got somewhere to go to?"

"Uh well yeah, I gotta work. I skipped work last wednesday, remember?"

Calum then turned to me with furrowed eyebrows and asked, "What happend to you last Wednesday? Why'd you skip work?"

Fuck. Luke, fucking use your brain sometimes!

"He helped Ashton fix up his fucked up face." Michael told Calum before I could.

"Oh..." Calum said. "Well his dad's a doctor so he pretty much know what to do."

Ashton and I glanced at each other with knowing looks and I internally thanked all the gods that Calum didn't push much into the matter. Goodthing he doesn't use his brain much in the mornings when he wakes up.

"Fuck." Calum muttered.

We all looked at him and he chuckled and said, "I'm sorry. Just forgot I need to go to uni today."

"Why?" I asked him.

"Need to hand in some assignments. It was like a make-up stuff for the days I wasn't able to be in class."

"Well so much for not going to uni today." I commented.

Calum palyfully rolled his eyes and I smiled and said, "Well I'll go with you."

"Why?" Calum asked in a confused tone. "I mean, you don't have to."

"Well first because I am a really great bestfriend and second, because I also have to work. So after handing in your assignments, just drop me off to the café."

Calum shrugged, "That would be better. So I can hang out at your workplace too."

I smiled.

We all continued our breakfast with some exchanges of talks between each other. Ashton was also sneaking off some bacon from my plate.

It was actually a nice time. It might just be a really simple stuff but it felt nice. The four of us starting to actually hang out together makes me happy because it is a good start for a really nice bond between us, especially now that Ashton and I are together. I hope that this continues because these three people with me right now are three of the best people I have in my life.

---

Calum parked the car and grabbed the folders that hold his assignments from the back seat before we both stepped out and headed towards the building.

"Maybe I'll just wait for you out here. Didn't wanna risk bumping into any of my professors," I told Calum as we approached the entrance.

"Ok. I'll be quick," he replied and then stepped inside the building.

I nodded and went to sit down on the edge of a plant box by the side of the entrance of the building.

I pulled out my phone and saw a text from Ashton. I opened the text and smiled to myself at how cute his text is. I really wasn't expecting this fluffy side of Ashton.

I was about to type in my response to Ashton when I noticed someone standing and hovering over me. I quickly looked up to see who it was and my eyes widened in both surprise and fear seeing it was Andrew.

I completely froze as I looked up at him with wide eyes and mouth agape. I felt like I couldn't really move. He was looking down at me with dark, angry eyes. It was really scary but what frightened me more was his appearance.

His face is messed up way worse than Ashton's. He's got more cuts all over his face and it was still very swollen with purple bruises. I think his nose is even broken.

I wasn't scared because his messed up face looked scary, I was scared because I knew what happened and just by the look on his eyes, I am pretty sure he knows I am the reason why Ashton beat him up. I know he blames me for what happened because it really is my fault and that is why I am scared of what he'll do to me to get even.

I couldn't even let a word out of my mouth as I felt it ran dry. I just stared up at him in fear.

"You little slut!" He hissed.

Still I couldn't respond to him. He grabbed the collar of my shirt and pulled me up, making me stand on my feet. There weren't many people around us so it was really favourable for him if he would hurt me now.

I am taller than him but that didn't bother him. I knew the look of my face gave out my fear.

He pushed me backward and I almost fell. Luckily, I was quick to keep my balance. He moved closer to me, dark, angry eyes piercing through mine.

"Look what you did to me! Look what your asshole of a boyfriend did to me! You slut! You can't even handle small stuff on your own and drag the fucking asshole to take care of shit!" Andrew growled on my face. I still hasn't moved and just stared at him in fear. He looked at me as if he is going to kill right this very moment. I can't evem describe anymore the thumping of my heart in my chest.

"You and Ashton are not gonna get away with this. I'll make sure of that. You will pay. This is not over." He spat then looked at me one more time before walking past me, bumping my shoulder hard, I almost turned around fully.

He never looked back again and I watched him as he limped his way away from me and I realized Ashton has hurt him way worse than I already thought.

I let out a deep breath that I didn't realize I was holding. I could feel the tears forming in my eyes as panic rose up in my system. I am so afraid of what he'll do: what he'll do to me and most especially what he'll do to Ashton. I can't let having Ashton getting hurt again because of me.

"Luke!" I heard Calum say behind me as he exited the building.

I didn't respond and just stood there trying my hardest to calm myself. But nothing seemed to be working as I can't push away the thoughts of Ashton possibly getting hurt. I can't erase Andrew's angry eyes and everything he said from my mind. My breathing started to quicken and I shut my eyes as I fisted my hands because I know I am soon gonna have a panic attack.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and I flinched having it retracted immediately.

"Luke? What's wrong?" I heard Calum say, his voice filled with worry.

"C-can we g-go ba-back home?" I managed to tell Calum and he quickly nodded, guiding me back to the car. He helped me in and rushed his way to the driver's seat and immediately took off.

I couldn't focus on anything anymore around me and I don't know what is happening anymore. I tried all that I could to calm myself down but none seems to work. I just kept my eyes shut and tried all that I can to even out my breathing.

I soon then felt the car come into a halt and a car door open before I felt the door on my side open as well.

"Luke?" Calum's worried voice sounded but I didn't respond. I am really having a difficulty in breathing now. It's like my airway is closing off.

I heard a car pull up but I didn't care much about what is happening around me anymore. I just really can't breathe and tears are already falling from my eyes. My chest hurts and I can't stop myself from shaking.

"What is happening?" I heard a familiar voice ask but I can't tell anymore whose it is.

"I think he's having a panic attack but I don't know how it happened." I heard Calum say in a very worried voice.

I then felt someone's presence near me and a hand on my knee. The touch felt comforting.

"Luke..." That voice. It sounds and feels safe. "Look at me." They said but I shook my head 'no' as I can't do it. I still really can't breathe.

I felt a hand took mine and held them as they said, "I am going to count to ten, and we are gonna breathe together in between, ok?"

I nodded my head 'yes' but still didn't open my eyes. I just gripped the hands holding mine.

"Ok," they said and immediately began counting as we both breathed in and out in between. My breathing started to slow down and we continued breathing in and out. In and out. In and out. Eventually my breathing went back to a normal pattern but I still didn't open my eyes and just continued to breathe evenly while still gripping those hands.

"Luke..." they sounded again. "Look at me. It's just me. Ashton."

As soon as I heard that name, I quickly opened my eyes and looked up. As soon as my gaze met those perfectly beautiful hazel-green orbs, everything just felt so safe.

"Ash..." I breathed out and right then threw myself into him, wrapping my arms around his neck. I felt his arms circled around my waist and I tightened my hold around him, closing my eyes and hiding my face in the crook of his neck.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry." I mumbled against his skin.

"Ssshhhhh...it's ok," he whispered.

I didn't know how long we stayed like that but I didn't care. I just wanna be held by him. He just feels so safe.

"Do you wanna get inside?" He whispered after a while.

I just nodded my head 'yes'.

"Ok," he responded. "Come on, I'll help you stand up."

I nodded again and then opened my eyes as we pulled apart. He wiped the tears on my cheeks with his thumbs and he gave me a small smile as he took hold of my arms and guided me out of the car, helping me stand up.

As soon as I was out of the car, I just then noticed Michael and remembered that Calum was also there. Both of them are looking at me with worried expressions. I also then realized it was Michael's familiar voice that I heard before.

"I'll let Calum take you inside, back into your apartment, ok?" Ashton said, making me quickly turn to him with worried eyes. It's not that I don't want Calum. It's just that, I need Ashton. I feel so much safer with him.

I took hold of his arm and gave him a pleading look.

"Why don't you just take him up, Ashton?" Calum told Ashton.

"Are you sure?" Ashton asked.

"Yeah. I'll just follow you up."

Ashton then turned to me and said, "You want me to take you inside?"

I nodded at him.

"Ok, come on." He said as he placed a hand on the small of my back, guiding me towards the entrance of our apartment building. I watched him as he tossed his car keys to Michael and said, "Can you please lock the car?"

"Ok. Calum and I will follow you up." Michael responded as he an Calum closed up and locked both of the cars.

Ashton and I stepped inside the elevator and before it closed up, Calum and Michael were able to get in so we all went up to our floor together.

As the elevator doors opened, Ashton and I stepped out first, him guiding me down the hall. Michael and Calum were just right behind us.

We got to mine and Calum's apartment door and Calum went to open it allowing me and Ashton to step inside.

"You wanna go to your room?" Ashton softly asked and I nodded.

He led me down the hallway and into my room, opening the door and let me step inside first. He guided me to my bed and let me lay down.

Ashton pulled my shoes off and placed them by the foot of the bed before he sat down on the edge. I saw Michael and Calum hovering by the door and watching us with worried expression.

I really appreciate them being there and caring and I know I owe them an explanation about what happened, especially Calum but I just don't have the energy to do that now. I'm so tired and I'm so scared.

"I'll let you sleep," Ashton said and was about to stand up but I quickly grabbed his hand and looked at him with a pleading look.

"Don't leave," I managed to say.

Before Ashton got the chance to respond, Calum said, "I guess it would be better if you stay with him, Ashton."

Ashton looked at Calum and then he nodded. I let out a sigh of relief and then noticed Calum closing my bedroom door, leaving me and Ashton alone in my room.

Ashton looked at me with soft yet worried eyes. I avoided his gaze and just started playing with his fingers.

"Baby..." he softly said. "What happened?"

I don't really know why but my tears just began falling again, remembering my encounter with Andrew.

"Oh baby..." Ashton said as he laid down beside me and pulled me into his chest. I gripped his shirt and sobbed into his chest. His hands rubbed my back comfortingly as he pulled me closer to him and held me tight.

"I'm really sorry," I said after a while, looking up at him.

"Baby, you haven't done anything wrong," Ashton said, looking down at me and gently squeezing my arm, showing affection.

"But I did. I got you hurt and now, I am so scared that something bad will happen to you because of me. I can't let that happen." I told him.

Ashton's eyes softened, "Luke, baby, nothing bad will happen to me, ok? And if I ever get in any trouble, it won't be because of you. You never caused anything bad that happened to me. Don't ever ever ever think that you would cause me any harm."

He gently placed a hand on my face and leaned down to give me a sweet kiss.

"Are you ok now with telling me about what happened?" Ashton then carefully asked.

I frowned as I averted my gaze from him. I swallowed then quietly said, "It's Andrew."

I felt Ashton's hold on me tightened as he said in a hard tone, "What the fuck did he do? Did he hurt you?"

"No. No, he didn't hurt me. But...he was really angry and I'm afraid that he might do something bad to hurt you."

"He won't. I know Andrew, and I am not scared of him. He won't be able to do anything."

"I just want you safe and ok." I said in a small voice.

He wrapped his strong arms around me and pressed a kiss on my forehead and said, "I am, baby...and I will also keep you safe and ok always. I promise."

I leaned up and caught his lips in a soft kiss. Then I whispered against them, "I trust you."

---

Chapter 10, babies! 7k plus words. Shorter than the last chapter, but I tried. 

I hope you liked it though! 

Again THANK YOU.

ALL THE  LOVE. <3 :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97.7K 4.3K 25
Luke Hemmings is a guy who thinks he is a total badass. He loves getting new tattoos and piercings. He rides a motorcycle and plays guitar. His best...
10.7K 383 13
Luke and Ashton. With a hint of others. Warnings: triggering subjects, some are pretty sad, most are really long, and no I don't write full on smut...
1.8K 96 43
In the close-knit town of Brightwich, New York, everyone follows the same morning routine every day. Wake up, wave to the neighbor, and maybe grab br...
444K 31K 146
[COMPLETED] "Because I'm dumb. I'm scared. I'm a coward. I can't come to terms with anything. I love him but I'm not capable of loving him. Does that...