Whispers In The Dark

By ink-fingerprints

High school can be the best time of your life, or the worst. For Anna, Riley, Victoria, Jessiah, Robin, and R... More

Whispers In The Dark
Anna
Reximus
Victoria
Robin
Riley
Jessiah
Reximus
Victoria
Anna
Robin
Riley
Jessiah
Victoria
Riley
Anna
Victoria
Jessiah
Robin
Reximus
Riley
Anna
Robin
Victoria
Jessiah
Robin
Reximus
Riley
Anna
Victoria
Reximus
Riley
Jessiah
Robin
Victoria
Robin
Jessiah
Riley
Anna
Riley
Victoria
Robin
Jessiah
Victoria
Anna
Reximus
Robin
Riley
Reximus
Jessiah
Anna
Reximus
Riley
Robin
Victoria
Riley
Reximus
Anna
Riley
Robin
Reximus
Victoria
Robin
Jessiah
Riley
Reximus
Victoria
Anna
Jessiah
Reximus
Robin
Reximus
Victoria
Riley
Victoria
Reximus
Jessiah
Anna
Robin
Reximus
Anna
Jessiah
Victoria
Reximus
Anna
Riley
Reximus
Robin
Jessiah
Robin
Victoria
Riley
Anna
Jessiah
Riley
Robin
Victoria
Reximus
Anna

Jessiah

68 4 0
By ink-fingerprints

Jessiah

I was mortified.

In a moment of utter honesty and blatant truth, once I had somewhat concluded that I wasn't in any way insane compared to other people in the world, I showed everyone the lighters and mostly empty matchbooks.

It only took a few seconds of silence for me to realize that I had made a mistake. I knelt on the ground and began piling them into my hands immediately. Anna fell to her knees beside me a moment later and followed suit.

"You don't have to," I murmured.

She didn't reply immediately. I thought that she hadn't heard me. Then, she answered, "It's okay."

We didn't speak again after that. It took a few minutes to retrieve all of the lighters and matchbooks and toss them back to the bottom of my bag.

I stood, thinking that we were finished, only to discover that Anna was holding one of the lighters silently. She was staring at it as if it was holding a spell over her mind and making it appear to be the most enchanting thing in the world.

"Anna?" I asked softly.

Her reaction was delayed. She remained crouching for a moment before standing slowly and extending the lighter towards me. She didn't say anything.

Robin and Reximus were still sitting on the bleachers, but I could see Victoria's pink hair moving farther away toward the late bus.

We mumbled goodbyes and I drove Anna home. We kissed, but it didn't feel the same. We didn't say goodbye.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3K 93 29
COMPLETED✅ Two high school teenagers finding themselves, analyzing this ever changing world, and building love. This is the type of love you wish you...
2.1K 429 29
Victoria Adeleke; the sunshine in the abyss of darkness of her friends and family. Energetic, loving, caring and just the model student. She brings a...
668 106 49
[warning: the following may be triggering to some people. Proceed with caution] --------- Book 1 in the Redemption series ----------- This book serie...
8.5K 1.4K 17
When you're broken, lost and got nothing left to lose... you become bulletproof. Trying to fix your life back together after having it shaken upside...