The Goonies// Brand Walsh

By Malyndah

A group of friends who call themselves "The Goonies" find a treasure map which leads to millions of dollars t... More

Important Notice
The Characters
Author's Note
2. Last Cheer Practice?
3. The Encounter with the guys
Author's Note
4. Data's Crash Landing and the Broken Statue
5. Rosalita and the Miscommunication
6. Memory Lane and the Forbidden Attic
7. Treasure Map and the tale of One-Eyed Willy
8. Foreclosure Papers
9. Escape Plan and the Tied-up Brand
10. Bike rides and Troy the Jerk
11. Rough landings and Old Restaurants
12. The Encounter with the Fratelli's and Creepy Basements
13. A Furious Clary, New Additions, and Booboo kisses
Not an Update
14. Emotions and Best Friend Hugs
15. Thoughts and the Surprise Attack
Chapter Idea Poll
16. A worried gang and a confused Clary
17. The Boys' Plan and a Suspicious Best Friend
Potential New Story?
18. Creature Discomfort and Secret Crushes
19. Confessions
20. Creature Fear and Nervousness
21. Creature Scares, the Couch Encounter, and Old Fireplaces
22. Money, The Fratelli's, and a dead body
23. The Fratelli's Return, Secret Passageways, and Chunk to the rescue
24. Bully Blinders and Chunk's not so hero plan
Announcement
25. The discovery of the old lantern and sibling love
26. The Pipe Escapade and the boy who cried Daddy
27. Chunk's Motor Mouth, the Pitcher and the Flying Scrunchie
28. The Total Meltdown, the Dark Cave and the Skeletal Remains
29. Chester Copperpot, Booby Traps and the case of the Flying Bats

1. Prologue

13.3K 162 3
By Malyndah

Astoria, Oregon: Fall 1985

Jailhouse- Inside

A jail guard unlocks a cell block to call the inmates out for their lunch. "Lunch time", he states. The inmates exit their cells and are murmuring amongst themselves.

"The longer you animals bark, the colder your lunch gets. Come on, move it out!", the guard shouts towards the inmates. He then looks towards the last occupied cell. "You too down there", he states as he walks down the cell block. "Hey turkey..." The guard walks down to an open cell where expected inmate has not emerged. He walks in and discovers that the inmate, Jake Fratelli's, has apparently hung himself.

The guard noticed that there is a note taped to his chest reading, "To whom it may concern". The guard removed it, turns it over and reads the back.

"You schmuck. Do you really think I'd be stupid enough to kill myself?" The guard repeats the last two words to himself in bewilderment. Kill myself?

Jake was alive. He opens his eyes, cocks his head and grins, assaulting the unsuspecting guard, knocking him out. Jake untangles himself from his makeshift gallows, removing a pipe assembly from his beltline which supported his weight.

Exterior Jailhouse

Francis Fratelli, Jake's brother, is pouring a ring of gasoline around the front entrance, while their mother, Mama Fratelli, waits anxiously behind the wheel of this ORV.

"Come on!", she shouts to Francis with her raspy voice.

Francis throws the empty gasoline can in the back of the ORV and then jumps into the passenger seat, loading a semi-automatic pistol. Jake hurries down the front steps of the jailhouse in his street clothes.

"Here he comes", shouts Mama Fratelli.

Mama starts the car as Jake runs over to the right rear door. It's locked.

"Francis, it's the lock", states Jake desperate to open the car door. "The lock, Francis, he states again towards his brother.

"I don't have the handle. Open the lock!", shouts Jake.

"Jake, up!" Mama F shouts as she gestures to the open sunroof.

"No", says Jake.

"Come on. Move...", Mama F shouts towards Jake.

"It's open," states Francis as he looks at his brother though the window.

Mama F looks over at both of her sons.

"Get down", she shouts towards Francis. She then looks over at her son, Jake.

"Come on!", she shouts towards Jake, knowing they wouldn't have much time and that they needed to hurry.

Jake climbs head first down through the sunroof.

Francis now reaches down through the open passenger side window and fires into the now gasoline-soaked pavement. A ring of fire flared up around the entrance, trapping the jail guards who has hastily emerged looking for Jake. Francis laughs victoriously. Mama Fratelli outs the car in gear and screeches away. A number of police cars quickly pursue them.

High School Field Football and Cheerleading Practice

A pretty brunette, about sixteen, loads a cassette tape into a player and starts it, while another pretty blonde, about sixteen, whose taller than the first one, is talking with the other teenage girls about different things, making the other girls smile or laugh. The first girl is Andrea Carmichael, known to all her friends as Andi. She is the cheerleading captain and is leading her team in practice. The second girl is Clarissa Devereaux, known to all her friends as Clary. She is the cheerleading co-captain, as well as Clarke Devereaux's older sister. She is currently talking to the team about different things while waiting for one of her best friends Andi to help lead practice.

"Okay you guys, let's try the victory pyramid. Okay so...alright...", states Andi as she directs the girls as they assemble as the police chase whisks by, sirens blaring. "Let's work on this next move. We can do it. Next row, come in, out your arms up, put your arms up...smile...good", states Andi excitedly. Clary, who is repeating the different moves Andi is doing beside her, smiles wide before shouting to the team. "You got it!"

Street Corner

The Fratelli's race through a red light with several police hot on their tail. A Hispanic woman, Rosalita, nervously hurried across the street as cars whisk by on both sides of her.

The Devereaux Residence

Clarke Devereaux, known to his friends and older sister, Clarissa Devereaux as 'Mouth', is watching an unrelated police chase on a small television which is turned up too loud. His father, a plumber, is struggling to make some repairs under a counter.

"Turn that TV off son, I can't hear myself think", he shouts from under the counter.

"Yeah right, dad", Mouth states.

Mouth grudgently turns off the TV set, but the live Fratelli Chase is passing the open window. He slaps the TV a couple times, puzzled as to where the sound is coming from.

"Huh?", he asks himself before walking over to his dad and sitting on the counter, looking into the sink.

"The water going down son?", Mr. Devereaux asks from under the counter.

"Mouth looks in the sink. "Ugh...no", he states.

"Going down now?", he asks his son.

Water then gushes from the drain, completely drenching Mouth. He is unable to answer.

"Sorry, kid", Mr. Devereaux apologizes looking at his drenched son.

The Docks

Stefanie Steinbrenner, known to her friends as Stef, is helping her dad at the docks. The chase passes behind her whole her head is immersed in a fishing barrel. She surfaces with a crab in her hand and tosses it aside, oblivious to the commotion.

An Alleyway

Ricky Wang, known to his friends as 'Data' for his many little inventive gadgets, likes to think of himself as "007". He is testing a device of his that shoots a small, suction-cupped harpoon from his belt buckle. It attaches itself securely to a steel drum across the alley. A thread spool in his belt buckle starts to reel it in with considerable torque. The drum starts to move towards him, much to his delight, but gets stuck. Data is drawn uncontrollably across the alley and falls head first into the drum. The police chase speeds by while he is in the drum.

Stop 'n Snack

Lawrence Cohen, whose friends refer to him affectionately as 'Chunk' for his everlasting love of food, is at an arcade game near the front window. He is the only Goonies' to have actually witnessed the police chase. He presses against the window, food in his right hand and milkshake in his left, to get the best possible look.

"Oh wow... a police chase!", he states with amazement.

The cars race by and some gunshots are fired.

"With bullets!!", he shouts with excitement clear in his voice.

The condiments from his food smear all over the window and the milkshake bursts open.

"Ah, shit!", states Chunk.

The Beach

The Fratelli's arrive at the beach, temporarily away from their pursuers. Mama Fratelli laughs.

"What the hell are we doing here?", asks Jake towards his mother.

"Ah, trust in your old mother boys. Throw in into four wheel drive and hold onto your hats", Mama F responds back toward both her sons with a smile plastered on her face.

The annual ORV beach tally is just starting and there are dozens of similar ORV's starting a race on the beach.

"Welcome to the third annual ORV rally. Are you ready to go?... Go!, The announcer shouts.

Mama Fratelli lurches the ORV forward in the sand and merges with the rally. They are quickly lost in the crowd of ORVs.

Author's Note ~

And....that is the end of the prologue! I am loving how this story is coming along so far and I do plan on updating today so please stay tuned! I definitely plan on making this a fairly long book so I am very excited to see how the adventure progresses over time.

Also, please feel free to vote, comment, add to reading lists or even share with others. I truly appreciate it and I love reading all of your comments :)

Thank you so much again and I hope you love my book

Xx Malyndah

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

779K 29K 104
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’œ my first fanfic...
6.1M 98.8K 104
๏ผžใ€Œ๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฌ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜›๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ ๐˜Œ๐˜ณ๐˜ข ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ใ€ ๐’๐‹๐€๐˜๐„๐‘ ๐•๐„๐‘. Demon Slayer belongs to Koyoh...
107K 3.2K 31
"she does not remind me of anything, everything reminds me of her." lando norris x femoc! social media x real life 2023 racing season
393K 11.8K 80
"I'm not afraid to hit a girl," he argued, and you grinned. "I know you aren't," you said, "because you know I can fight back, and you wanna know how...