You Don't Know Me

By CammiKenny

Adam and Taylor Preston got married and had 9 kids. Eric, Summer, Matthew, May, Sage, Kevin, Devin, Marc and... More

N O T E
chapter one - football player puke
T W O
T H R E E
F O U R
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N
E L E V E N
T W E L V E
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N
F I F T E E N
S I X T E E N
S E V E N T E E N
E I G H T E E N
N I N E T E E N
T W E N T Y
T W E N T Y O N E
T W E N T Y T W O
T W E N T Y T H R E E
T W E N T Y F O U R
T W E N T Y F I V E
E P I L O G U E
N O T E
B O N U S

F I V E

48.4K 1.4K 696
By CammiKenny

You Don't Know Me

Chapter 5

Not Edited

~ Summer Preston's POV ~

Waking up Thursday was, for a lack of better words, difficult. I didn't want to get up and go to school. Simply because I knew as soon as the last bell rang at 2:30 - I would have to face Kali. I should of just told her that I had a date with Anthony or something. She spent the entire lunch period yesterday, going on and on about our plans for today. 

It was nothing special and I honestly wouldn't care about our plans if it was with someone else. I didn't want to be around Kali. And it's starting to become obvious. She's gonna realize that something is wrong and I can not tell her that I had actually been dating Tanner when she decided to-. I need to stop before I give myself a headache.

Bang Bang Bang

"Summer get your ass up! We are going to be late if you don't get out of bed" Eric's loud voice yelled from outside my door. 

Dear god, he was actually up before me, I groaned.

I glanced over at my alarm clock to see the time flashing at me. 

We had 10 minutes to get there. And we still had to pick people up.

"Why didn't you tell me" I screeched while hopping out of bed and throwing on any piece of clothing I could find.

Who did I need to impress anyway?

"I thought you were awake" Eric shrugged while shoving a bagel into his mouth. 

"Come on" I yelled and grabbed my bag while rushing down the hallway to the front door. 

"Fine, fine. Calm yourself" Eric rolled his eyes. 

"Bye Mom" Eric yelled. 

"Where's Matt?" I panicked. 

I swear if that boy made us late-

"He caught a ride with Kali" He slid into the driver's seat. "Why are you panicking? It's not like you'll get expelled for being 5 minutes late" 

"Why the hell would he do that?" I spat, ignoring his comment.

He didn't answer me but I saw him roll his eyes. 

"You're going shopping with Marilyn and Kali later right?" He asked after 5 minutes of me messing around with his radio. 

"Mhm"

"For homecoming?" 

"Mhm" I glanced up to an unexpected sight. 

My brother, the captain of the football team, the womanizer was blushing. 

"Why?" I squinted at him and he just shrugged. "Does this have to do with a crazy, curly haired girl?" 

"Shut it, Sum" 

"Don't worry I won't tell her about your crush"

"I don't have a crush" He snapped. 

"Okay, okay" I raised my hands in surrender.

Before I knew it we were at school. I checked the time on the radio and saw that we weren't late. 

"Wait- we didn't pick anyone up" I frowned. 

"I know" He rolled his eyes. "We talked about this yesterday at lunch. While you and Anthony made out" 

I cringed at the memory. According to him- we had to make out to make it look "real." I think he just wanted the chance to annoy me. 

"You good?" Eric frowned. "He isn't hurting you right? I trust him but-"

"He isn't hurting me Eric" I rolled my eyes. 

"Then why did you make that face" Eric stared at me, his blue eyes boring into my matching eyes. I almost felt bad for lying to him about my "relationship" with Anthony. 

"He's just a bit more... affectionate in public than anyone else I've dated" I lied to him. And i'm almost 100% sure he knew I was lying by the flicker of doubt that flashed in his eyes. 

"You aren't just dating him because of the confession right? Because that would break him" 

"Of course i'm not- wait what confession?" I asked curiously. What was he talking about and why would he think that I was dating Anthony because of it?

His eyebrows shot up and his eyes showed confusion and then he shook his head. 

"Nothing" 

"Wait- tell me!" I yelled as he slammed the door shut.

"It's not my place" Eric shrugged. 

"What confession? You need to tell me" I shrieked while trying to catch up to him. 

Eric sighed and slowed his pace so I could catch up with him. 

"Listen, it isn't anything bad. It was just something Anthony told me a few months ago that I thought that maybe you heard and felt obligated to.... make him feel better" Eric smiled, but it was a sad smile. "Well, nothing bad about your relationship"

"What does that mean? Why would I feel obligated to make him feel better?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows. I was seriously confused right now. 

Eric rolled his eyes. 

"I'm not telling you what he said because it seriously isn't my place. But you know what I mean about make him feel better" 

"Dating him would make him feel better?" I furrowed my eyebrows. 

"Yes. Because of the crush he's had on you since Freshman year" Eric smiled. 

"Excuse me? Anthony Walton does not- never had a crush on me" I smacked Eric's shoulder and he raised his eyebrow. 

"You're dating him"

"Well yeah but... he didn't like me since then" I mumbled. We were currently making our way to our lockers. 

"Did he say that?" He asked. 

"Well no-"

"Exactly. I'm really happy you both finally admitted your feelings for each other to be honest. He looks a lot happier now" Eric smiled again- but it was another sad smile again. 

I frowned at that. 

But we don't have feelings for each other, I had wanted to say. I don't like lying to my twin.

That's when I realized that he wasn't here. He had made it a habit of being with me 24/7 at school. 

"Where is he?" I asked while looking down the hall towards his locker. 

"He said he was staying home today" Eric sighed. 

"Why? He was fine last night when he was over for dinner" I asked. 

"Summer.... I don't know. Just call him after school" Eric leaned against his locker as the bell rang. 

"Okay" I sighed. 

The rest of the day went by slow without Anthony's annoying commentary. I had to admit that he did make school a bit more fun. My mind kept wandering back to what Eric had told me. What confession did he think I heard? It wasn't a bad assumption. Our rooms are connected so it makes sense that he thought I had overheard. I wonder why I hadn't. Maybe I was out. 

Why hadn't Anthony told me about this confession? Whatever he confessed. I mean it couldn't have been that bad. Anthony had a good life from what i've seen. And I've seen a lot. His parents were happily married. His mother was a bit obsessive but I know he found it funny. His father was a bit distant and didn't often get emotional but I know that he had his moments. Like when our parents forced Anthony and I to go to the Winter Formal together in 7th grade. I remember the way his father looked at him when he (annoyingly) gave me the corsage. His little sisters were perfectly fine to my knowledge. Not that I think about it, I haven't seen Harper- his sister- in school today either. And that's a bit weird since she's been so excited about starting her Freshman year. 

"Ready to go my bitches" Kali laughed as she met up with Marilyn & I at my locker. 

It was already 2:30. Huh. I guess I was lost in my thoughts all day.

Marilyn started squealing at the mention of shopping. She was obsessed with dances and homecoming dress shopping was her favorite time of year. 

"Let's go" Marilyn started dragging us down the hallway and out the doors, but not before I saw my brother staring at her with a small smile on his face. 

I spent the majority of the ride to the mall on my phone- debating whether or not I should call Anthony now or later. 

I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair. 

"What's wrong?" Marilyn glanced at me from the passenger seat. 

We were in Kali's car so Kali was the one driving and I definitely did not wanna sit up next to her.

"Her guy wasn't in school today- that's why" Kali giggled and I rolled my eyes. 

"That isn't what's wrong" 

"Oh yeah? Then elaborate" Marilyn raised her eyebrow and I sighed. "So that is what's wrong"

Marilyn was the only one that knew Anthony and I weren't really together and the smirk she was giving me was pissing me off. She has this weird thought that this whole fake relationship thing would lead to a real relationship.

"Kind of. Eric" I dragged out his name and smirked when I saw the blush form on her cheeks. "asked me if I was only dating him to make him feel better about his confession" 

"What confession?" Kali glanced at me through the mirror and I shrugged. 

"I have no idea what he was talking about and that's what's bugging me. Why wouldn't he tell me?" This caused Marilyn to give me the "you're totally into him" look that I rolled my eyes to.

"Maybe it was a guy thing. Maybe he has a small di-" I cut Kali off. 

"Lalalala"

That caused all of us all to start laughing hysterically, real laughter for the first time in weeks.

"So you guys haven't- ya know" Kali giggled while we walked into the mall.

"Kali shut up" I smacked her arm blushing. 

"Have you?" Marilyn gave me her "I know if you're lying" look.

"I am a... virgin.... you know that" I whispered the word "virgin."

It was super embarrassing to be the only girl in your friend group that hasn't had sex yet.

"Well- we also 'knew' that you were single. But you were actually dating Anthony" Kali giggled and I rolled my eyes. 

"Do you want to?" Marilyn smirked. 

"What?"

"Do you want to have sexual relations with that hot piece of man you have got?" 

"I-I" I glared at Marilyn. 

She's torturing me on purpose. 

"Don't lie" Kali giggled and grinned. "It's okay to want him. He's your boyfriend" 

I groaned and covered my face. "Leave me alone" 

Finally they let us drop the conversation and we parted ways while picking out dresses. I had chosen 4 dresses I would try on. The first was a black dress- It went down to right above my knee and It dipped low where my breast should be. The second was a pastel pink gown that was backless. The third was a red gown that was sleeveless and had a split down the leg. The fourth was a light yellow dress that was the same length as the black one but it wasn't as... out there as the black one. 

"Have you done anything with him though?" Kali asked. 

"What do you mean?" I asked in response. 

We were all in different dressing rooms so we were basically shouting- but no one was here so it was okay. 

"Like, you know. Not sex but other stuff" She asked. 

"Oh. Not really" 

"Really? Anthony really likes-"

"Shut up Kali" Marilyn snapped from the dressing room on my right.

Marilyn had been thinking the same thing I was. 

How does she know what Anthony likes?

"Summer- I didn't mean it like that" Kali sighed. 

"It's okay" I whispered.

For some reason that felt like a jab in the chest. I may not have romantic feelings for Anthony but it did piss me off that he never told me- especially now that we were fake dating. 

"What is wrong with you Kali? You slept with the dude she's been crushing on since forever and now that she's moved on you gotta mention that you slept with her boyfriend too" Marilyn snapped from her dressing room.

"I didn't sleep with him! Especially not while they were together. I would never do that to her. And anyway, Anthony's in love with her and he would never cheat like that" Kali snapped back. 

"Anthony's not in love with me" I snorted. I mean even if we were really dating, it's only been for a few months. 

"Oh shut up Summer. He's been whipped since Freshman year" Kali said and I can imagine her rolling her eyes.

"I agree with that" Marilyn giggled.

We all walked out of the dressing room and cringed at the same time. 

"Definitely not" We laughed at how ridiculous we looked in the dresses we picked out. 

We all went back into our dressing rooms to switch into one of the other dresses we picked out. 

"Okay but I need to talk to you guys about something serious. And you guys need to be honest because I really need you guys to tell the truth" Kali spoke up after a few minutes. 

"What's up?" I asked while swallowing the lump that formed in my throat. I knew what she was going to ask. 

"I really like Tanner, Summer. I know that's really messed up since you liked him first but I can't help it. He's really sweet. He isn't like all my other one night stands and I want to know if it's okay to maybe, date him" 

I sighed and I could probably imagine Marilyn in the other dressing room all red faced. This was going to really piss her off. 

"If you say it isn't okay, then I will back off. I need to know what my best friends think first" Kali said firmly and if I didn't know any better then I would think that she was making a subtle jab at me for keeping my "relationship" with Anthony a secret. 

"I have Anthony now so I don't really mind" I said after a little bit. 

"Really?" I heard 2 voices ask. One was Kali, in a hopeful tone and the other was Marilyn's in a annoyed tone. 

"Yes. It would be wrong of me to ruin one of my best friends chance at happiness" I couldn't help but make a jab at her. 

She is so oblivious sometimes. 

"Thank you so much" Kali hugged me when we left the dressing rooms. 

"No problem" I smiled back but I saw Marilyn's angry stare.

"That dress looks amazing on you"  Kali smiled and I looked down at the pink dress I was wearing. 

"Thank you" 

~~

"Who the hell does she think she is? How could she even ask that? How could you even say it was okay? What the hell is wrong with you? It wasn't like she didn't know you had a thing for him. You talked about it all the time. Well not really. You stopped when you guys got together but that doesn't matter. She is supposed to be your friend" Marilyn ranted. 

We were currently sitting in my car outside of her house. 

"It's fine. It really is" I lied. 

"No it isn't" Marilyn glared at me but her eyes softened when she saw my smile. "How can you smile when they hurt you?" 

"I don't know. I just don't want to be bitter" I shrugged but kept my small smile. 

Marilyn snorted but smiled back. 

"What are you doing right now? Do you wanna come in? We can binge watch Supernatural and eat ice cream" Marilyn nodded towards her house. It was actually really cute. It was a small cottage that she shared with her mother. It was more of a roommate situation than a mother/daughter one honestly. 

"No- I was gonna go check on Anthony actually but maybe another time" I smiled. 

"Be careful according to Kali he's really kink-"

"Shut up" I screeched and she burst out laughing. 

"I'm just kidding" She smiled and started walking towards her door. "Or am I?"

"Bye Marilyn" I exclaimed but waited for her to go inside before driving away.

It was always a little thing we did when we dropped each other off. We needed to wait till we got inside because last year I had dropped her off and she had gotten mugged- literally seconds after I drove away. Ever since then, we had to make sure we got in safe. 

I hummed to the random pop song on the radio while driving the short drive to Anthony's house. Was he going to think I was weird for just showing up at his house? Should I call? Or should I text him? What if he didn't want to do this anymore? What if I had annoyed him? What if he was with a girl? 

My mind was racing with a bunch of questions by the time I rang his doorbell.

The door open and I crossed my arms. 

"Where the hell have-" I froze when I saw the cold stare Anthony was giving me.

He must have realized because it melted into the look he would always give me. 

"Hey Sunshine" He smiled. 

"Don't 'Hey Sunshine' me! What the hell happened to your face" I stared at him wide eyed. 

Anthony Walton was standing in front of my with a black eye... 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.3K 517 66
Disclaimer: This is the second book to 'pregnant by my best friends brother' so if you haven't read that go read that first then come back to this on...
7.2K 318 63
Amy and her best friends - Millie and Kate- life revolve around themselves until she met their school's popular, rich girl - Courtney - one time in a...
1.2M 23.6K 48
COMPLETED. Book 1/4 of the Adam's Series - She moved in with her twin brother. He lived with her brother. But, you can't blame gravity for falling in...
2.1M 47.8K 50
"Girls, girls, calm down! I don't want to get anyone else here pregnant!" He joked. "Anyone else pregnant?" "Are you saying somebody in this room is...