Lie With Me

By ItsAnaHere

My name is Anastasia Stratford. I entered a whole new world with one signature. Why I did it? Simple. Money... More

Waiting
Busy
Face to face with the devil
Disaster
Surprise
Amateur Actress
The Contract
Aloha!
Awkward
Wedding Day - Part 1
Wedding Day - Part 2
Star of the Show
A Fresh Start
New Home
Party Plans?
Confessions
Denial
The Room's Spinning
A Good Day Runined
The Tourist
Birthday Tears
Lies
Sick Day
Engagement Party
Breakup
Cheers To Us
From the Heart
Complications
Talk to Me
Sisters by Chance?
By Blood
What A Small World
Beg
Shrink
My Time Is Up
Letting Go
Therapy?
Broken
Eavesdropping
Fate?
What's New
Disaster Brewing?
Wedding Vows
Til Death Do Us Part?
Unfolded
Spill the Beans
All Mixed Up

Full of Hot Air

10.1K 416 23
By ItsAnaHere

"You'll be going to dress fittings today with Alice," Alex stated while pouring two glasses orange juice.

I take a drink and let the sweet goodness slide down my dry throat. "Like wedding dress shopping?"

He shakes his head. "Engagement party dress shopping."

Hmmm... never heard of those before. "Okay."

"A car will be here in an hour to pick you up."

I glance at my phone. "This early?"

He nods. "Yep it'll be here at 8:00 a.m. sharp."

I groan, "Can't you reschedule to like noon? I don't think it will take me all day to pick a dress."

"I'll be there at noon to pick you up," Alex smiles.

I half smile and furrow my brows. "Don't you work today?"

"Yep, but I'm going to take you somewhere today."

I can't help but grin. "Where?"

He shakes his head and smirks. "It's a surprise."

"I hate surprises," I cross my arms over my chest.

He raises his brow at me. "Trust me, I think you'll love it."

Before I could respond he says, "Oh I have to leave for work, see you later doll. By the way I gave Alice my credit card so get whatever you like."

I put a hand over my heart and it was beating erratically fast. That always seems to happen after I talk to Alex.

I wish it would stop. It's getting pretty embarrassing and annoying.

***
"All these dresses look terrible on me," I say.

Alice shrugs, "they're not terrible, they're just not for you. There's still hope."

"I'm pretty sure I've tried on every single dress here," I yawn.

"Not that one," she points.

Alice walks away faster than I could blink. My eyes follow her until she stops at the mannequin dressed in a golden satin gown. It had thin spaghetti straps along with a strip of embedded diamonds around the waist.

I stare back at myself in the gold framed full length mirror. Wow. The dress was gorgeous. It hugged my waist and upper body nicely. The left side of the dress came down a few inches below my knee but the left side was hiked up to the middle of my thigh. It was classy yet hot at the same time, and it was perfect.

I flipped over the tag on the dress and immediately put it back. The dress was a whopping 10,000 dollars! I profusely tried to convince Alice that I don't need a dress that expensive, but she took the dress and dropped it on the counter. Alice swiped Alex's credit card as if it only cost 5 cents.

"Alice this dress is way too expensive, I'd be breaking Alex's bank!"  I say as she pushes me out of the store.

She only starts laughing. "You didn't even make a dent in his bank account. Do you even realize how much he makes?"

"A lot I'm guessing."

Alice nodded her head. "Don't worry about spending money when your with Alex."

"I feel bad and wrong for using Alex's money like it grows on trees," I sigh.

"Oh boy, you are gonna have to get use to this," Alice states.

"To be honest I'd be fine settling with a nice $30 dress," I say.

"Right, Alex would kill you if you wore something so cheap to your engagement party," she laughed.

"Why? It's just a dress."

She looked at me as if I was stupid. "Alex only wants what's best, no matter how much it costs him."

Before I responded a black Lamborghini pulled up on the side of the road. I admired the car, I've always wanted to ride in a Lambo but that wasn't very likely to happen.

"Nice car," I muttered.

"I'm sure Alex would give you one if you asked," Alice giggled.

"That's Alex's?" I ask.

She nods. Of course it is, he owns everything I'll never have.

The car door flys open and there comes Alex, looking perfect as usual expect he was hotter. He had taken his suit jack off and rolled up the sleeves of his white shirt and left the top few buttons open. His dark hair was messy and voluminous as usual. Damn.

"Hey," Alex greeted with a slight grin.

"Hi," I choke out.

"Shit Alex, you've only been here two seconds and I can already feel the sexual tension between you two," Alice blurts.

My eyes widen and I could feel the heat creeping up my neck.

"I know, I better go do something about it," Alex winks.

I think I might faint of heat stroke right there and then.

Alice playfully swats Alex on the arm. "Stop, you're embarrassing her."

Alex shrugs. "Your the one who brought it up."

Alice laughs. "Just go already."

Alex faces me. "Ready doll?"

"For?"

"The surprise," he says with a smirk.

"Mmmm I guess."

Alex glides to the passenger door opening it. "My lady,"

My lips curve upwards into a grin.

I sit on the nice seats and admire everything inside. It was lavish. Wow.

It even smelled like luxury.

"Like my Lady?" Alex asks as he turns turns it on.

"Lady?" I question.

"Yep her name's Lady."

I laugh a little. Lady, I like it.

***

I didn't even realize, but I had fallen asleep and now Alex was towering over me.

"Time to get up doll," Alex said in a soft voice.

Not gonna lie, it was hot. He was hot.

Thankfully he got out of my face and the car. I let out a breath. Alex came to my door and opened it like a gentleman.

I studied my surroundings and I couldn't believe what I was seeing. A huge grass field with hot air balloons. It was like seeing a million rainbows at once. In the distance I saw a few air balloons floating free into the hues of of citrus orange and deep blood red grapefruit.

I turned to Alex and grinned like a fool.

"Surprise," Alex winked.

"Hot air ballooning?" I asked while grinning from ear to ear.

"Seems like it doll," Alex took my hand and led me.

Up we go.

The sunset was the cherry on top of this night.
As we rose higher the more I loved it. I usually don't care for heights, but this felt amazing. Everything seemed miniature from up here. We were no where near the city anymore. It was just green.

"How's the view?" Alex asked beside me.

"Spectacular," I smile.

I loved it. The silence, the peace, the gorgeous sky, I just loved everything.

"How long we up here for?" I ask in a dreamy voice.

"Already ready to go back down?"

I sigh. "No, I wish his would never end."

I hear him chuckle. "All you got to do is call me when you want to see this, I'd be glad to take you up here a million times."

I think my heart just melted a little. "I don't we can fit a million times in one year," I say jokingly.

"Who says it only has to be one?" Alex states.

I laugh. "The contract of course."

"Better just rip it up," he laughs.

I can't tell if he's joking or being serious.

Of course he's joking Ana.

"Hey I got you something," Alex says lowly.

I turn my gaze away from the seductive view and stare into the prettiest face.

"You got me something?" I ask in surprise.

Alex nods. He pulls out a long velvet box and opens it. There laid the most glamorous type of jewelry I had ever seen. There laid three emerald teardrops with tiny sparkly diamonds surrounding the outsides.

"Are those real? They're huge!" I admire them with wide eyes.

Alex smiles. "Of course, no Bentley would wear cheap fake stones. This necklace has been passed down for generations, and it's now been passed down to me for my soon to be bride."

Passed down for generations...... it would be wrong for me to accept it. "Alex, I can't accept that."

He raises a brow at me. "Why not? You don't like emeralds?"

I let out a soft laugh. "No, you should give this necklace to your future bride."

"You are my future bride doll."

I look at him with soft eyes. "I mean you should give this to the person you'll be madly in love with one day."

Alex crinkles his forehead. "That's something I will never look forward to."

"Why not?"

"It's just a lot of work," he simply states.

"You just haven't found the right person yet."

"You ever been in love doll?" Alex asks changing the subject.

"Nope."

He looks at me with genuine surprise. "Why not?"

I shrug. "Haven't found the right person I guess."

"Well your not missing much."

"What's it like?" I ask.

"What's what like?"

"Love," I say.

"Love is too complicated to explain," Alex says quietly.

"Who'd you fall in love with Alex?"

I see a flash of sadness in his eyes. "That's a story for another time doll."

I nod not wanting to make him uncomfortable.

The thought of Alex actually loving a girl makes  me feel sad?

***
I walk to the car by myself since Alex had to take a phone call. "Ana?" A voice behind me asks.

I turn and see a way too familiar face. Layden. Layden Ashwood.

"Layden?" I ask with hesitation.

His dirty blonde hair laid perfectly on top his head. His blue green eyes stared right back at mine. A small grin played on his pink lips. His cheeks held a hint of pink to them. I'd never forget that face.

Layden walked up to me slowly. "You remember me?"

I nod. I never even thought this guy knew my name in high school. I mean we had a bunch of classes together but we never talked. "You're here for hot air ballooning?" I ask awkwardly trying to make conversation.

Layden flashed his pearly white at me revealing his dimples. "Yep, Addy supposed to met here."

Adeline Summers, better known as Addy. Oh yes, the most popular girl all throughout my school years. Layden and Addy never dated but they were the schools most popular duo. Addy was actually a pretty nice person to everyone, and of course she was pretty.  "You and Addy finally get together?"

He laughs. "Noooo, we're just friends."

I smile. "How to you like New York?"

"It's great! Do you like it?"

I nod. "I love it so much. Are you in college right now?"

"Yeah, I'm attending Columbia. Plus I'm in the process of learning how to take over my father's company."

"Which company?" I ask curiously. What kind of company could a small town boy own in such a big city?

"Ashwood Industries."

My eyes grew wide. If I remember correctly, Ashwood Industries are the Bentley's competition. "Wow, that's a lot of responsibility."

"Yeah, it's a lot of pressure. I didn't even know about my dad until two years ago. He's putting me through my dream school."

"Really? That must've been a total shocker to learn that your dad own one of the biggest companies in the world," I say still in a little shock.

"Definitely, but we should get coffee sometime," Layden offers.

"I'd love to." I had a crush on Layden for all four years of high school.

"Actually she's very busy so I don't think she'll have time to fit that into her schedule." A deep and familiar voice states.

I see Alex walk up beside me with a bored look on his face. He slides his arm around my waist.

I ignore Alex and smile at Layden. "Actually I can make time for a coffee."

Layden's face lit up, or at least that's what I imagined. "Great! I'll call you?"

Before I could respond Alex buts in, "Nope, sorry we have to go."

Alex sweeps me off my feet and sits me in the car and closes it before I could protest. I literally think I'm gonna die of embarrassment in front of my all time crush! Damn you Alex.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

281K 7.4K 61
"Treat me like your wife. I want you to give me a chance, give this marriage a chance." He looks at me with those brilliant blue eyes of his. His eye...
3.2K 153 42
My name is Crystal Woods. My parents died in a car accident leaving only my sister, Nina and I . My parents were into business before they died,leavi...
2.7M 80.1K 49
He took a deep breath. Than began to lower his hand further south, down my neck, stopping at my cleavage. He took an even deeper breath, closing his...
44.7K 1.9K 41
"Ladies and Gentlemen, thanks for coming to the party we have collected a good amount for the charity. I also would like to say that this party is no...