His Biggest Mistake

flwrsdaisy द्वारा

Meet Alexa Johnson. she's an orphan girl who had hoped, found and got love. She had everything she hoped for... अधिक

Author note
Prolougue
Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter nine
Chapter Ten
An announcement
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter twenty two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter twenty Eight
Chapter twenty nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Epilogue

Chapter eight

124K 2.3K 288
flwrsdaisy द्वारा

[Dua Lipa: New Rules]

Feel free to point out any errors in this chapter, and I'll fix them.

Alexa

It's been two days since I met Elijah, and I am really thankful that he's not following me again. I don't want him to know where I am living and where my office is, or else I won't be able to do any of my work. I know if he knows my office here in LA, he will come and coax me to be with him again, which is not going to happen at all. Suddenly, my phone rang. I take it and look at the caller, then immediately pick it up.

"Hey, gal! How are you? I miss you so so so much. Oh, how about hew and niece?" I smile when I hear her voice. She sounds so happy and I am glad she already make herself comfortable there. I know it's nohappy,y to make anothshe hascountry lmadeyour own country because you need to know the culture and follow how people live there. It's not as easy as you thought.

"Hey, Thea. Gosh, it's been like a month since you last called me. I'm doing well here but a bit disappointed because you didn't come to my launch. And yeah, the twins are doing good and getting so naughty now." I reply.

"Awhhhh, Lexa, I'm so sorry. My boss can't let me take my leave because there's a new project coming up and I need to make the design. My boss is super picky, and I think if this were not my dream job, I would totally resign from this company and just work together with you in LA." She said that, and I bet she makes her annoying face even though I can't see it. I know how she's like when she says she hates someone; her face is super ugly.

"It's fine then. Next time you take a leave for a few days, we can hang out together. By the way, don't hate your boss, or else you will be fired, because I know you, Thea, when you say you hate someone, you will say whatever you want to satisfy yourself. I don't want you to get fired from your dream job, so please behave." I said to her:

"Alright, mom, I will behave myself. So enough about me here, what about you?" She asks.

"Well, for me, I've got nothing interesting to tell you, but I need to tell you about something quite important, and I need someone to share it with." Of course, I'm going to tell my best friend about Elijah. I need to share with someone, or else I will be stressed out thinking about it.

"Tell me about it. I've got nothing to do currently. I can listen to your problem all day and be your counsellor for today." I let out a sigh and started to tell her.

"So you know that I just launched my new boutique in New York a few days ago. Well..."

"Well?" I stayed quiet for a few seconds before continuing.

"What? Don't tell me—" I cut her off, because if not, she will start her nonsense assumption. I know she will guess that I already have a new boyfriend or something like that. She really wants me to have a new life with a new guy, but I don't think I am ready for another relationship now. Maybe later.

"Okay... I met Elijah at that time. I don't even know he was invited to that event, and he said that he wants me back." I told her, and all I hear is silence. "Hello?"

"Then what did you say to him?" She asks.

"I just said that I'd never go back to him. I already feel hurt when he throws me like a piece of trash, but what if he forced me to be with him? What should I do? Or what if he wants his rights towards his children and brings this case to court? I don't want any problems, especially when it includes Gabriel and Gabriella. They are both still young when it comes to this problem. I don't want them to be stressed out. I slapped him on the face too." I let out what's in my mind.

"What did you do? You slapped him? That was impressive. Well, Lexa, listen to me. No matter what happens, just let him beg you, because he deserves that. He's the one who wants to get divorced from you. So, just don't go to him and make him suffer. He needs to feel what you felt three years ago. He treated you like a beggar begging for his love, and now you make him begging for your love, but never go back to him." She said that, and I think that's right. I can't easily go back to him after what he has done to me. I have my pride, and if he wants me, he needs to get into my heart again, but I don't think he will capture it ever again. LIKE NEVER.

"Okay, then I'll do as you say. But what about Gabriel and Gabriella? I didn't want them to grow up without a father, and they also deserve to know who their father is." I said this because, even though I'm not together with Elijah, Gabriel and Gabriella need to know who their father is.

"Lexa, I can't say anything about it. But no matter what, don't do anything stupid."

"Alright, then I won't do anything that's going to change my future. See you soon, Thea. Bye, I love you." With that, I hung up the phone and put my phone beside me. I sighed. What should I do? My mind is all messed up thinking about this thing.

"Mommy? Are you okay?" I was startled when I heard Gabriel's voice behind me. I turned around to see him, with his sleepy face, look at me. "Yeah, baby, I'm okay. Why did you awake?" She and Gabriella are taking a nap, and that's the only time I can pamper myself a bit and do my work at home. I didn't call Dolly to come because I'm not going to work today.

*****

After Gabriel and Gabriella wake up from their nap, I bring them out to go for a walk at the park. "Alexa." I turned around to see Elijah standing in his suit near me. What is he doing here in Los Angeles? I looked at him in shock, then turned to look at the twins.

"What are you doing here?" I ask. "I came to meet you, obviously." He said that, and I raised my eyebrows.

"How do you know that I'm here?" I ask him not to worry if he also knows where my house and office are.

"I have my own way, babe." He looks at me and smirks. I look away because it feels like if I look into his eyes too long, my heart might betray me. I don't want that to happen.

"Uncle!!" That's Gabriella's voice coming running to me and Elijah. Oh gosh. Wait what? Uncle? "Uncle, what are you doing here? You know, mommy?" She asks and looks at both of us.

"Of course we do. We have known each other before you guys came here." I stand there quietly because I don't know what to do or what to say.

"Mommy, this is the kind uncle, ice cream," Gabriel said to me, and that's when my mind went blank. That's what Elijah knew from the start. But... How?

Just in time, my phone rang. "It's an emergency call. Let's go." I pull Gabriel and Gabriella's hands away and walk away as fast as I can.

"Mommy!" I stop when Gabriella is shouting.

"I'm sorry, baby. I didn't mean to walk so fast like that. Sorry." I said and hugged her. I can still see Elijah standing in the same place and looking at us. I don't know why he needs to waste his money to buy a plane ticket and come here when I've obviously been rejecting him and hate him.

*******

The whole drive of my mind was just thinking about Elijah, Elijah, and Elijah. It seems like I can't get him out of my mind. I try to distract myself from thinking about him, but I don't know why I can't.

Right now, I'm in the bathroom, taking a long bath after I let the twins sleep. I close my eyes to relax my body and my mind. After I saw that my fingers had wrinkles on them, I decided to get out. I pick up my nightgown and then go straight to bed. Today is a stressful day. I need a lot of rest. I close my eyes to sleep.

ding!

That's my phone. I take it off the nightstand, and look who's the one who messaged me. It's an unknown number. I opened it and read the message.

"Alexa, no matter how hard you try to push me from your life, I will always come back to you. I know that I made a huge mistake three years ago, but please forgive me and think about our children. I will do anything to take you back. I will make you mine back, Alexa, because I love you." I read it, and I know who sent it to me. Of course, it's Elijah. Without any warning, my tears come out of my eyes like a waterfall.

I don't understand him right now. He's the one who throws me around like I've got no heart, and now he wants me to forgive him like he did nothing wrong at all. Why does he need to be like this? I am tired of facing all this for the second time. I want my life to be happy with my loved one.

I cry until I feel tired and then drift to sleep.

________________________________________________

How's chapter 8?

Vote

Comments

Share

******

Much love from me.

Little munchkins

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

8K 638 37
⚠️ Warning for foul language usage ⚠️ Warning for triggers {PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS "DON'T BELONG"} [Started- May, 25th, 2022] [Ended- July, 20th, 2022] ...
1M 25.4K 39
"I want a divorce." And just hearing him say that my whole world that seemed to revolve around him stopped. Gathering myself I barely managed to spea...
1.4M 38.1K 57
Previously known as "Melting The Ice King". ~•~ Meet Annie Evans, a sweet, innocent and beautiful girl. Meet...
7.3M 159K 34
"Hey Babe! I am having a surprise news for you!!" Anna cooed with the joy to tell Ethan that she is pregnant. "Before that sign the divorce paper!"...