Love & War (Completed)

By ImJustReese

SEQUEL to 'Waiting For Mr. Left' **This is Book Two of the Fighting Temptation Series.** Bruce and Alexis are... More

Copyright ยฉ
Ch 1: Fu** Love, This is War
Ch 2: Truth Is...
Ch 3: Repairing the Broken
Ch 4 Face Your Fears
Ch 5: My Name is Payback, and I'm A...
Ch 6: When The Levee Breaks Pt 1
Ch 7: When the Levee Breaks Pt 2
Ch 8: Black & Noke, Better than Rum & Coke
Ch 9: The Experiment
Ch 11: Bad Move
Ch 12: Special Delivery
Ch 13: War On All Fronts
Ch 14: Old Wounds
Ch 15: Lo Siento
Ch 16: Not Letting Go
Ch 17: Soul of My Soul
ALTERNATE ENDING PT 1: Under Lock & Key
ALTERNATE ENDING PT 2: UNDERGROUND
ALTERNATE ENDING PT 3: REVELATION
ALTERNATE ENDING PT 4: Unworthy

Ch 10: Low Down Dirty Shame

443 29 2
By ImJustReese

HEY AWESOMETTES & AWESOMITES!!

BACK AT IT AGAIN. I WAS UNINSPIRED FOR A FEW WEEKS, BUT I ASKED DADDY FOR SOME INSPIRATION. HE HAS BEEN POURING INSPIRATION INTO MY SPIRIT LIKE...SOMEBODY TURNED THE TAP ON AND FORGOT TO SHUT IT OFF. I AM THANKFUL.

GET READY FOR SOME NEW CHARACTERS...AND SOME REVELATIONS.

LIKE MAMA ODE (THE BLIND OLD LADY, IN A BOAT, IN A TREE, IN THE BUYOU) SAID (THE PRINCESS & THE FROG...MY FAVORITE DISNEY MOVIE), "THIS GON' BE GOOD"

LET'S GET TO IT!

LAST TIME ON LOVE & WAR...

He stares at the text unmoving for a few seconds. "Fu** my life..."

"You okay?" The driver asks.

He nods, covering his face with his hand. "She's going to make my life so difficult for the next month."

The driver chuckles. "Nothing like a woman to spice things up, huh boss?"

He smirks shaking his head. "Nothing indeed." He looks out of the window as they pull up. "Everything set?"

"Yes sir."

"Good." He gets out as the driver takes his bag.

They head inside, the driver dropping his bag at check in.

"Thank you."

"Anytime. Enjoy."

"Easier said than done." He mumbles.

The driver chuckles as he walks back to the car.

NOW...

Daniel walks through the automatic doors to the desk.

"Good morning S-" The woman at the desk begins to say. Once she looks up from her computer, she stares at him, mesmerized.

He smiles amused.

She snaps out of it, shaking her head. "I am so sorry Mr. Santiago. Your suite is ready. Your guest has already arrived." She hands him his room key.

He nods briefly. "Thank you." He makes his way up to his Emperor's suite. He makes it to the room and opens the door.

He drops his bag at the door and walks further into the suite. He makes it to the drinking lounge and pauses at the threshold.

The man sitting in the custom leather chaise lounge smiles, and takes a calm sip of his Henry IV Dudgeon Heritage Cognac Grande Champagne. "Welcome back baby brother." He says with a smirk.

Daniel rolls his eyes. "Did you get what I asked for?"

He chuckles. "Always so serious little brother. Lighten up."

Daniel just looks at him. "Kane."

Kane skulls the rest of his insanely expensive cognac and stands, moving his hair out of his face. He makes his way to his brother. He stops right in front of him, and tilts his head to the left. He walks through the large set of pearl colored doors into the conference room, Daniel following behind him.

The room is completely walled in; no windows, no vents, and the walls and doors are sound proofed.

Kane points to the wall, cuts the lights out, and takes a seat.

Daniel follows suit.

Kane clicks the button on the remote and it starts up, showing the first image.

Daniel sits forward. "Next."

Kane clicks another button.

Daniel tightness his jaw. "Next."

Kane clicks the button again.

Daniel nods. "I've seen enough. Where are they?"

Kane cuts the lights back on. He slowly walks back to his seat with a sinister smirk. "Here, there...I got inspired." He shrugs.

Daniel turns his chair to face him. "Do I even want to know what that means?"

Kane pouts his lips in thought briefly. "Probably not." He adds with a smile. "I have to admit. I haven't had that much fun in a while. My next piece is going to be..." He looks off wistfully. "...magnificent."

"Is it set?"

"Little brother...you doubt me?" He says in mock offense. He takes a seat tsking. "You should know me by now."

Daniel sighs, closing his eyes. "Can you put a handle on your crazy for 10 minutes?"

There is silence, then hysterical laughter coming from Kane. "My...my...my crazy!?" He laughs some more. He finishes wiping his eyes and sighs in contentment. "My crazy? Little brother, we both know that your crazy makes me look like monk. Or have you forgotten that your middle name...Nayati, means 'he who wrestles'?" He laughs humorlessly. "Even Ma knew when you were born that you were fu**ing bat sh** crazy. At least people can see my crazy, they know to stay away." He shakes his head. "But you little brother...your split personality makes the Joker look sane."

Daniel just looks at him. "Are you done yet...Intueus? He who has no shame."

Kane laughs. "What is there to have shame about Nayati? I have accepted it. You're the one hiding who you are? And for what?! Some caramel pu**y."

Daniel grabs him by his throat. "Repeat that."

Kane chuckles. "There he is."

Daniel shoves him into the seat, and takes a few steps back to cool off.

"It's a shame, I have to upset you for you to take the mask off little brother."

"I'm not wearing a mask Kane. I just choose not to be a fu**ing psychopath 24/7."

"Yet, this psychopath makes sure that no one touches your sh** without proper punishment. Granted I do go a little overboard sometimes." He chuckles. "Maybe more times than some. Sh** happens." He shrugs. "How is my future sister-in-law by the way?"

"Fine."

Kane licks his lips. "Yes she is. Ages like fu**ing wine."

Daniel gives him a look.

Kane holds up his hands. "No disrespect. So, she still the best medication on the market?" He says with a sly smile.

Daniel punches him square in the jaw, snapping his head to the side violently.

Kane holds his jaw, working it. He spits out blood onto the ivory colored marble floor. "Sh**. At least I know you haven't gone soft after walking out on Dad and I all those years ago." He smirks.

Daniel pulses his jaw. "Fu** you Kane. Leave Alexis out of this."

Kane laughs and sits back in his chair. Blood slowly leaking from his busted lip. "Isn't this all about her? Isn't she the reason we are going to war?" He laughs, wiping his lip and spitting. "War over women. I'll never do that sh**."

Daniel looks at him. "Sure you wont." He mumbles. "Then why are you here?"

He looks up at him. "You. No matter what. You are still my little brother. And I will always have your back. If you want to fight for some female, then I'm with YOU." He shrugs. "Plus, I don't really like who those punks worked for anyways." He wipes his lip once more.

"Did they have families?"

He nods and spits. "Yeah." He shrugs. "I sent flowers."

Daniel narrows his eyes at him. "What were the flowers made out of?"

"A stem, leaves and petals, what the fu**? I ain't a da** botanist."

Daniel cocks his head to the side.

"I promise the families flowers were made of actual flowers. That punk a** asian's flowers, were a little more special."

Daniel shakes his head. "What did you do?"

Kane smiles and shrugs innocently. "Nothing."

Daniel laughs. "Same nut job I grew up with."

"Yup...nut job. You expected me to change." He rubs his jaw once more. "Fu** my jaw hurts."

Daniel stands and offers his hand. "Come on princess. Let's get you some ice."

Kane takes his hand daintily. "My hero."

They share a laugh as they exit the room.

"Whose going to clean my da** floor?" Daniel asks.

"Quit crying, i'll clean it. Quick question."

"If you ask a stupid question, I'm going to punch you again."

Kane smiles. "Is Alexis' last name going to be Santiago or Silva?"

"Silva." He answers without hesitation.

"Not knocking Ma's pops, Grandpa Silva. But, us Santiago's aren't good enough for you or your queen? You don't even like Ma. Ain't that some sh**?"

He tosses him the ice pack. "Look. I don't want all the fu**ing intergalactically high baggage that goes along with being a fu**ing Santiago. Plus, it will keep her safe, whether or not I like the woman that birthed us or not."

Kane nods, resting it on his jaw. "Aight. Let's skin us some knuckleheads."

He and Daniel shake.

"Does she know that you're still in NC?"

WITH BRUCE

Bruce wakes up, detaching himself from a sleeping Paige. He looks at his phone and sees a notification from Nikolai. He leaves his phone on the nightstand. He then picks up his boxer briefs and walks down to his office. He locks the door behind him, gets the untraceable phone, walks to the connected bathroom and shuts the door. He uses it, brushes his teeth, and washes his face. He then pushes the built in shelf and it opens up into a small room. He dials Nikolai.

"What's up?"

"We fu**ed up Black."

"What? What are you talking about?"

"We fu**ed up Black. Those fu**ers I sent to take care of the pretty boy's club..." He paces. "...well, I'm holding a bouquet of testicles and fingers, carved to look like fu**ing rose heads and flower stems right now. Are you sure that muthahfu**as name is Silva and not Santiago? Because this is some Kane sh**. I don't fu** with Santiagos my ni***. Those fu**ers are psycho."

"Yeah, I'm sure. That's what Alexis said. That's what his passport says, that's what all his IDs say. All of his businesses are under Silva. Did those dumb Fu**s you hired hit the wrong spot?"

Nikolai sighs in frustration. "I don't know, let me ask. Oh wait, rose shaped nuts don't talk Black!"

"Calm down man. It's not that deep."

Noke looks at the phone. "Are you fu**ing serious. Ni*** Santiagos don't back down. We just started a fu**ing war." He paces again. "Ni*** they froze them and shipped them Fed-fu**ing-ex in a da** black cooler shaped like a fu**ing coffin, with a da** black bow and a blank black card shaped like a fu**ing skull, attached. And YOU want ME to calm down?! These psychos know where the fu** I live. I don't remember sending a fu**ing Christmas card to these ni**as last year. How the he** did they get my address? Tell me that?"

Bruce runs a hand down his face. "The owners of the parts in that bouquet probably told them stupid."

"Yeah, and now my ass has to find another spot ASAP."

"Yeah and... Find another spot. It's not that deep."

Nikolai laughs humorlessly. "Find another spot. You do know, if they know who I am...they know who you are. Think about that sh** Which means, you need to find a new spot too."

Bruce covers his mouth in thought. "Fine, new spot." He shrugs.

Noke chuckles. "It's that fu**ing simple for you. Aight ni***, you are calm as he** right now. So, Imma chill. We need to meet soon. And my advise is to get the fu** out of there before the weekend is over."

"Aight. Hit me up when you find a spot. Have the boys ready to move my sh** ASAP. Meet tonight at the tunnel."

"Done."

They disconnect the call. Bruce stands in silence for a few moments. "FU**!! I hate Santiagos." He dismembers the phone and drops it in a bag. He goes in his drawer, picks up a new one, and dials."

"Cheekz. I need a new spot. You know what I like."

"What's in it for me Black?" She asks seductively.

He smirks. "Whatever you want."

"Tomorrow..."

He bites his lip and smiles. "Done."

He hangs up and walks out of the hidden room, shutting the door behind him, out of the bathroom back into his office, hides the phone, and walks out into the kitchen just as Paige is coming around the corner. He puts on a smile. "Good Morning Beautiful."

She wraps her arms around his waist, leaning her head on his chest. "You weren't in bed when I woke up." She looks up at him and pouts.

He smiles down at her. "I had an important call, and I didn't want to disturb my sleeping beauty."

She smiles, stands on her tip toes, and kisses him. "Breakfast?"

"Mhm... I have to go out to pick up some things from the office later."

She shrugs. "Okay."

He smirks. "You're the best, you know that?"

She nods and lets go of him, walking into the kitchen.

REWIND TO 20 MINS AGO

Paige keeps here eyes closed as she waits for Bruce to leave the room and head down the stairs. Once she hears the office door close, she looks at his phone, unlocking it. She checks his messages and sees one from Nikolai telling him to call. She screenshots it and sends it to her phone. She then texts Miles with the screenshot as an attachment. She goes back to Bruce's phone and deletes the message sent to her phone, then goes into his gallery and deletes the picture.

"You should really rethink your career choice Kitten."

Why is that?

"You're very good at getting information. Is he close by?"

Downstairs on the phone I assume, talking to Nikolai.

"I'm also in contact with Daniel. Seems your boy toy's 'friend' tried to cause a scene in Miami at one of Daniel's establishments. Daniel is currently there getting a handle on the situation. I want to tell you to leave him, but we might need more information. I'll keep you posted. But, be careful Kitten."

OMG what did Bruce do? Is Daniel okay? How is Alexis?

"They are both fine. Daniel said everything is being taken care of. They still haven't found who the guys were that did it, but one of them left their phone behind and Nikolai's contact info was in it. Along with a text to have the place looted and burned. Thank goodness, someone showed up or our evidence would have been gone. Unfortunately, the phone is unregistered, as well as that number, so there is no telling whose phone it is."

Wow...poor Daniel. And Alexis?

"We are having her watched. I spoke with Daniel and I am beginning to understand the situation a bit more. Paige...Bruce is still in love with Alexis. All of this is because he wants her back. He's trying to scare Daniel off, but Daniel has a past. He told me. His family...not people Bruce should want to get into trouble with."

She swallows the lump in her throat. I know. But, that's not important right now. Why? What does Daniel's family have to do with this?

"Let's just say...they are very dangerous. And that is putting it mildly. He's no longer in that circle, thank goodness."

Wow...I would never have thought. He's so nice, and affectionate toward Alexis.

"Yeah...well he's been in love with her since they met as teenagers. She's the reason he's no longer in the family business, as he put it. He cared more for her safety than keeping ties with his dangerous family."

That's very sweet. Please make sure nothing happens to them. And I will be careful. I should go before Bruce comes back.

"Okay. Delete the thread Kitten."

I know. Stop calling me that Miles.

😉😘

She shakes her head smiling. Goodbye Miles.

She deletes the thread immediately after. She then gets up, puts on Bruce's shirt, brushes her teeth and washes her face. She thinks for a quick second before opening her phone and opening her recording app, hitting the voice activated record button, and placing it back on the nightstand. She turns down the covers on the bed and heads downstairs.

PRESENT TIME

He watches her briefly, then heads up to his bedroom. He picks up his phone and unlocks it. He sees an email from Mo and opens it. He skims the contents and presses the number at the bottom of the screen.

"Like it Zaddy?"

"Cheekz. Yeah, I like it. Buy it, sell this one. I want the old owners out by tomorrow afternoon. Call Noke and tell him to send the boys by tomorrow night while I'm out, to move everything into the new place."

"On it. You owe me Zaddy."

He looks at the closed door. "I know. I got you tomorrow night."

"Okay. I'll see you at my place."

"Okay. Wear that black lace thing I like." (Cheekz below)

"I can't, remember?"

"Remember what?"

"You ripped it to shreds last time."

He chuckles. "Oh yeah. Tell you what. Order a new one, and put it on my card."

"Okay Zaddy. See you tomorrow night."

"Yeah." He disconnects the call, and puts his phone down. "Fu**ing females." He exhales and heads to the shower. Unaware of the undetected ear(s) in the room.

"Interesting..." Says the unknown source listening in.

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK? GOOD? BAD? UGLY?

BRUCE...BRUCE...BRUCE...I LIKE HIM LESS AND LESS. WHERE IS FRANK WHEN YOU NEED HIM?

AND PAIGE...GIIIIIIIRL BE CAREFUL. I HIGHLY DOUBT MILES WILL LET ANYTHING HAPPEN TO HER THOUGH.

AND DANIEL IS A SANTIAGO AND NOT A SILVA...WOW...

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK OF HIS OLDER BROTHER? AND IF HIS BROTHER IS THAT BAD...WHAT ABOUT HIS FATHER?

AND WHO IS THIS NEW PERSON? BRUCE BETTER WATCH HIS BACK.

ALEXIS IS IN THE MIDDLE OF ALL OF THIS AND SHE DOESN'T EVEN KNOW IT. LORD LOOK OUT FOR MY GIRL.

ANYWAYS, I LOVE YOU ALL.

VOTE, COMMENT & SHARE IF YOU CARE.

BACI BACI

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

150K 5.2K 34
๐ผ ๐‘ค๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘‘ ๐‘ก๐‘œ ๐‘๐‘’๐‘” โ„Ž๐‘’๐‘Ÿ ๐‘™๐‘–๐‘˜๐‘’ ๐‘Ž ๐‘™๐‘–๐‘ก๐‘ก๐‘™๐‘’ ๐‘๐‘–๐‘ก๐‘โ„Ž. ๐‘†๐‘œ ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘ก'๐‘  ๐‘คโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘ก ๐ผ ๐‘‘๐‘–๐‘‘, ๐ผ ๐‘“๐‘ข๐‘๐‘˜๐‘–๐‘›๐‘” ๐‘๐‘’๐‘”๐‘”๐‘’๐‘‘ ๐‘™๐‘–๐‘˜๐‘’ ๐‘Ž ๏ฟฝ...
364K 10.4K 53
Book one of the temptation series AND ISN'T A STANDALONE โฆ๏ธŽ๐ˆ ๐ก๐š๐ญ๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ˆ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ˆ ๐ฆ๐ข๐ฌ๐ฌ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ˆ ๐ง๐ž๐ž๐ ๐ฒ๐จ๏ฟฝ...
5.2K 326 10
The worn leather of the armchair creaked beneath me as I straddled Marcus. I felt him, solid and undeniable, beneath me. The knowledge stole my brea...
307K 21K 60
Updated every Monday and Wednesday (Book 1) When assassins and ex-lovers, Eliana and Reid reunite under unusual circumstances they must try and work...