You Don't Know Me

By CammiKenny

Adam and Taylor Preston got married and had 9 kids. Eric, Summer, Matthew, May, Sage, Kevin, Devin, Marc and... More

N O T E
chapter one - football player puke
T W O
T H R E E
F I V E
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N
E L E V E N
T W E L V E
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N
F I F T E E N
S I X T E E N
S E V E N T E E N
E I G H T E E N
N I N E T E E N
T W E N T Y
T W E N T Y O N E
T W E N T Y T W O
T W E N T Y T H R E E
T W E N T Y F O U R
T W E N T Y F I V E
E P I L O G U E
N O T E
B O N U S

F O U R

53K 1.5K 996
By CammiKenny

You Don't Know Me

Chapter 4

Edited

~ Summer Preston's POV ~

It is now Saturday- football night again and I am once again locked in my bedroom waiting for Marilyn and unfortunately Kali to arrive. Sadly, since Anthony & I are "dating" - I couldn't afford to ignore Kali anymore. Yeah I'm upset with her but I don't want to throw away our friendship. In a few weeks or months- this will all blow over and we will be friends again. I hope.

Everything has been normal since Wednesday. Anthony and I's relationship hasn't changed much. Now we just need to hold hands, hug and... kiss a few times a day. It doesn't hurt that he isn't ugly. I'm not going to pretend he isn't attractive. There is a reason girls worship the ground he walks on. I'm just not one of those girls and that has pissed off a lot of girls at Eastview High.

But I am mature. I won't get into a war with some jealous cheerleaders because they want a guy I'm not even into.

I did have to tell Marilyn that Anthony and I weren't a couple. On Thursday I decided that I would drive Marilyn and I to school instead of just carpooling with the guys. Believe me when I say- do not drive when Marilyn is angry at you. She does not care if we get into an accident- she will literally smack, punch and pull your hair. And on Thursday she was pissed at me for keeping Anthony and I's "relationship" but she understood once I explained what was going on.

If you didn't know- Marilyn is a hopeless romantic who reads way too many teen romance novels and she now believes that I will fall in love with the oaf.

My mother and Mrs. Walton have had a field day with this though. They are overjoyed with the fact that Anthony and I are "together." I'm almost scared that they won't let us break it off when we're done with this thing. I mean last night my mother forced everyone out of the backyard so Anthony and I could have a "nice, romantic dinner" that she had made us. I mean the food was good but I could barely concentrate on eating with the ogre I call my "boyfriend" chewing with his mouth open.

I swear to god- he does that just to annoy me.

"Sunshine I know you so well" Anthony barges through my bathroom door.

"You don't know me" I snap at him. "What do you want?"

"Lower your voice before your mother thinks we're having a fight" He plops down on my desk chair. "You can't stay in here all night"

"And why not?" I cross my arms while climbing off of my bed.

"Because- the game is on and I can't just leave my Sunshine all locked up in her room" He flashes me a smile.

"Yes you can" I shrug.

"I'll look like an ass in front of your family" He says.

"You are an ass Anthony" I smirk at my insult.

He rolls his eyes and tosses me his jersey.

"Why do I need your jersey?" I ask.

"Because we're a couple, Sunshine" He walks over to me.

"Yeah but that's only for your games? Why do I need to wear it while watching the Giants play the Seahawks?" I furrow my eyebrows.

He grabs my face and squished my cheeks "Because my dear Summer- Kali just showed up wearing Tanner's jersey"

"Get out so I can change"

"Out" Marilyn pushes him through the bathroom and shuts the door.

"When did you get here?" I ask her while pulling my t-shirt off.

"Just now- Kali is out there looking like she just stepped out of one of those perverted Football calendars with the women that are barely dressed" Marilyn rolls her eyes.

"I know he was just-"

"So I am going to make you look ten times better" Marilyn pulls her make up bag out.

Just great. If you didn't know- Marilyn is like a goddess when it comes to extravagant make up. And she will jump on the chance to do another person's make up. If she is going out you can almost always catch her signature smokey eye, winged liner & red lipstick. Most people can't pull off that look if they're not going to a club but she totally can. Her hair is always in nice black, glossy curls as well which make her look glamorous. What else can you expect from her though?

After 30 minutes of plucking, poking and stabbing me all over with her make up tools- Anthony barged through the bathroom again.

"Marilyn- I'm sorry to interrupt your girl time or whatever but I look like an ass just sitting there while my girlfriend is- woah" He stops short.

"She looks damn good right?" Marilyn smirks.

"Well-"

"If you call me hot- I will end you" I glare at Anthony's stupid grinning face.

"I was actually going to say beautiful- but hot works too" He gave me a half-smile which only made me glare at him in return.

Marilyn stood in between us with a creepy smile on her face. "So cute"

"Shut it" "Thank you" Anthony and I said at the same time.

"C'mere" Anthony said while crouching next to me.

"She knows it's all fake- you don't need to kiss me" I cringe and push him away.

"Shut up Summer" He rolled his eyes and took some of that paint football players use to make the lines on their faces and smeared 2 lines on each of my cheeks.

"You should kiss his cheek" Marilyn said out of nowhere.

"Why?" I asked while staring her down. I don't need to kiss him anymore than I have to.

"So he has a lipstick mark" She says in her "duh" voice.

I glance over at Anthony and he's tapping his cheek with his eyes closed and a stupid smile on his face. "Plant one on me Sunshine"

I roll my eyes and give him a quick kiss on his cheek. It leaves a cute open-mouthed kiss mark in red.

He smiles and pats my back "Thanks bud"

"You don't call your girlfriend 'bud" Marilyn rolls her eyes.

"Well around me- she isn't my girlfriend" He winks at her and unlocks my bedroom door.

"What a jerk" Marilyn whispers in my ear.

"That's what I've been saying for the past 17 years" I huff and follow him out of my room.

In an instant I can hear my mothers squeal.

"You look so beautiful darling" She smiles and smacks my dad's arm to get his attention. "Doesn't she look beautiful?"

Dad nods but everyone can tell he's still focusing on the game. "Real beautiful May"

"I'm Summer" I laugh a little.

"Oh I'm sorry dear" Dad looks over at me and smiles.

"It's cool" I smile.

"You look so nice Summer!" My attention turn to Kali who is currently climbing off of Tanner's lap to come and hug me.

"Thanks Kali" I grit my teeth and hug her back.

"C'mon babe" Anthony grabs my hand and leads me to the couch- pulling me into his lap- right next to Tanner.

"Aye- watch it" My dad turns his full attention towards us. "That's my daughter and I'm not under the trance my wife is under"

I blush super hard and I can feel Anthony's chest rumble behind me as he laughs. "Don't worry sir- my hands are gonna stay right here"

"Mhm- your hands are obviously my first concern" Dad shakes his head but Mom smacks his shoulder.

"Adam stop embarrassing Summer. We've known Anthony his whole life- he isn't anything like the last boy Summer dated"

"Mom!" I glare at her.

"Sorry sweetheart" She pats my shoulder before walking back into the kitchen.

No- she doesn't know that Tanner was my ex. She was talking about Martin Connors who was a senior on the Football team when I was a Freshman. He absolutely shattered my heart and that should tell all freshman girls- don't take the popular seniors.

The rest of the night went on like normal Saturday nights. The boys argued over pointless crap. Mom ran around after the triplets. Sage & May would make walk through the kitchen a few times simply to make fun of us for being "obsessed" with Football.

Dad decided that since Anthony & I are dating- he would make hourly rounds to make sure Anthony didn't sneak through Eric & I's bathroom to, well you know.

"You need to come to the after party" Anthony ran his hand through his black hair.

"I don't even want to go to the football game" I rolled my eyes and pulled my feet on the seat.

"You're my girlfriend. I can't just have you missing everything I do. That would be suspicious" He pinched the bridge of his nose.

"I know that. That is why I'm going to the stupid game. But I am not going to a party on a school night" I scoffed.

Anthony had brought me to breakfast at Miriam's to play his part as the "loving boyfriend." Which lead to our argument about going to the after party for his game tonight. I did not want to go to a party where everyone will be drunk off their asses especially when I have to be awake at 7 am the next morning. Anthony on the other hand thought that this would be a great way to, in his words, "officialize our relationship." But honestly, i'm pretty sure he just wants to party without the risk of blowing this whole arrangement.

"Here's your order" The waitress named Brielle handed us our food.

"Do you think a guy's girlfriend should go with him to an after party thrown for him?" Anthony flashes the poor girl one of his "lady-killer" smiles.

"Uhm" The girl stares at him wide-eyed, probably not expecting him to drag her into our conversation.

"Just ignore him" I smile at her and kick Anthony under the table.

"Okay" Brielle gives me a wary smile before rushing back behind the counter.

"You made her uncomfortable" I roll my eyes.

"No I didn't" Anthony scoffed. "Fine. You don't have to go to the party"

I smirked before taking a bite of my waffle.

"But you're still spending the night with me" Anthony's green eyes sparked with a mischievous glint.

"Excuse me?" I cough on my food.

"Don't choke, Sunshine. I meant that I'm staying at your house until your brothers get home"

"Why?"

"Because I can't go to a party without my girlfriend and I can't leave her all alone. I'll look like a jerk if I did that"

"Why are you so concerned about how other people see you?" I groaned.

"Why do you ask so many questions?" Anthony asked while taking a bite of his salad.

Seven hours later and I'm sitting with Marilyn in the bleachers while it pours down on us. Despite the obvious setback, everyone in the crowd is cheering for our Football team- the Eastview Dolphins. Marilyn is dressed up in her usual attire- bold make up, curled hair and some football apparel. Mom decided that it was best not to bring the kids to the game since the rain was so bad so it was just us.

The cheer squad was still performing, unlike the other teams cheer squad that decided against it. Typical Kali. Never backing down even when there's a huge chance of failing.

I was wearing the same outfit as yesterday but I also sported a yellow raincoat.

"Are you excited?" Marilyn yelled over the crowd and rain.

"Excited to be sitting in the rain?" I scoff and cross my arms.

"No! Excited to see your hot boyfriend beat the crud out of the other team!" Marilyn wiggled her eyebrows and I rolled my eyes.

"Hi Summer!" Tara Williams waved at me while walking on the field.

"Hey?" I smile back, feeling a bit confused.

Shouldn't she be upset that I'm dating Anthony? I mean, according to Anthony, she's obsessed with him.

Everyone's attention turned towards the field as they announced the other team and they made their departure from wherever they were. The white uniformed boys ran on the field- causing our side to start booing them.

They then announced our team and I watched as my brother lead the team on the field. As soon as Eric came into view, Marilyn was off of her feet and cheering them on.

I shake my head and laugh, and she says she doesn't have a thing for my brother.

I watched as the players ran on the field, Matt waved at some of the girls who followed him around. Eric was busy talking to the team, probably discussing their game plan for the night. I noticed Tanner waving towards the cheer squad, probably Kali. Anthony must have also noticed this because I saw his eyes search the crowd before they landed on me.

Before I knew it, everyone's eyes were on me because Anthony decided to one up Tanner and blow me a kiss.

"Do something" Marilyn whispered to me.

I awkwardly pretended to grab the kiss and gave him a slight wave before he shook his head and laughed.

"That was so cute!" Some girl I've never talked to before squealed.

"Thanks" I mumbled feeling the heat rise in my face.

"That was so embarrassing" I whisper angrily at Marilyn and she just rolls her eyes.

We ended up winning the game 11-3. After assuring Marilyn that I really didn't mind her going to the party and catching a ride with Kali- she agreed and ran off to find her.

That is why I am now power walking towards my car, ignoring Anthony calling my name. I'm almost in the car when he grabs my arm.

"Hey, why are you running from me?" He laughed.

"Just go to the party Anthony" I groan.

"Why do you call me Anthony?" He smiled at me.

"Because it's your name?" I ask confused.

"No, I know that. But you're the only person that doesn't call me Tony" He says and I notice the familiar dimple forming on his left cheek.

"Well, I've known you from before everyone called you Tony" I shrug. "You've been part of my family since way before you became 'Tony the quarterback'"

"Tony the quarterback?" Anthony laughs a little making my blush.

I realized how close we were and stepped back a little.

"Just go to the party Anthony" I open the car door to get in.

"Nope. I promised you that I would spend the night with you, Sunshine" He winked before grabbing my keys and sliding into the driver's seat.

Much to my dismay, the night wasn't that bad. We picked up dinner from McDonald's (which is always a rare occurrence with Anthony- since he's so against 'unnecessary carbs') and then when we got home, everyone was asleep so we decided to have a movie night. Though around 11 pm, my mom did come downstairs screaming at us for waking up Sky. In my defense, I did nothing wrong. Anthony is just an idiot who wanted to reenact the 'Wannabe' song by the Spice Girls. It was really nice of him to do all of this though. He's a really great friend, even though he's annoying 99.9% of the time.

Sometimes I wonder why so many girls want to be with Anthony. He's just one big goofball. A really sweet goofball.

a u t h o r s  n o t e

I hope you all enjoyed chapter 4! I finally set up a plan for writing the book! There should be about 27 chapters & an epilogue! I have also been thinking about making this book into a sort of series about the Preston Siblings? I know I am defiantly going to be writing a second book about Matthew Preston (I have lots of ideas that i'm sure people will love!) If I do decide to make it into a series there will probably be 4-5 books and maybe a few spin offs. I just really love the idea of having all of the characters stories told! Tell me what you think in the comments!

Don't forget to vote, comment & share with your friends if you enjoyed this chapter!

c a m m i

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.2K 318 63
Amy and her best friends - Millie and Kate- life revolve around themselves until she met their school's popular, rich girl - Courtney - one time in a...
654K 28.2K 48
"In a house full of eight, disgusting, inconsiderate, illogical, and inconvincibly stupid older brothers, what's one more?" *** Alex has eight o...
80 0 13
teagan faith, a senior in high school, captain of the varsity girls volleyball team, ASB president, AP and honors student, and valedictorian, shares...