You Don't Know Me

Par CammiKenny

Adam and Taylor Preston got married and had 9 kids. Eric, Summer, Matthew, May, Sage, Kevin, Devin, Marc and... Plus

N O T E
chapter one - football player puke
T W O
F O U R
F I V E
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N
E L E V E N
T W E L V E
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N
F I F T E E N
S I X T E E N
S E V E N T E E N
E I G H T E E N
N I N E T E E N
T W E N T Y
T W E N T Y O N E
T W E N T Y T W O
T W E N T Y T H R E E
T W E N T Y F O U R
T W E N T Y F I V E
E P I L O G U E
N O T E
B O N U S

T H R E E

54.7K 1.6K 1K
Par CammiKenny

You Don't Know Me

Chapter 3

Edited

~ Summer Preston's POV ~

The next few days passed in a blur and luckily there was nothing leaked from the imbecile that is my brother's best friend. Don't get me wrong- Anthony is 100% trustworthy. He may be an annoying monster but I've known him my entire life and when he knows something is serious- he doesn't mess around. Though I have caught him staring Tanner down at lunch a few times.

Right now, I'm sitting awkwardly at lunch with my group of friends- minus Anthony & Eric. Everyone was currently discussing this years production of Romeo & Juliet. Cliche, I know.

"Summer & I are going to the auditions!" Marilyn chirped happily.

"Oh really? What part are you auditioning for?" Matt asked with his mouth full- causing him to get a few disgusted looks from the girls at the table.

"The lead obviously" Marilyn said in her "I've said this already" voice.

"I know a secret" Eric walked up to our table with a smug look.

"Spill" Kali giggled.

Ugh that sound is nauseating... I know, I know. That sounds harsh, but what do you expect? She slept with my boyfriend. Maybe she didn't know he was my boyfriend but she did know I've liked him since 8th grade.

"I know about a certain, super secret, relationship that involves a certain girl- named after a season" Eric dragged on.

"That dick" My mouth drops open as I stare at Eric.

That son of a bitch told him. I can't believe I actually trusted him. Of course he would do something like this, he always wants to make my life a living-

"Yes- Anthony told me all about it" Eric smirked.

"How did he know?" Tanner spoke up from the corner seat. Let's just say his tone wasn't at all pleasant.

"I-" Eric cuts me off.

"Well he is the guy in the relationship" Eric looked at Tanner with his eyebrows furrowed.

"Um, excuse me?" Marilyn stares at Eric with her eyes the size of soccer balls.

"Summer and Anthony are a couple" Eric spoke slowly.

"Summer and who?" I say slowly.

"You don't have to pretend, Summer. You're a terrible liar. You guys have been dating since July- according to Tony" Eric slides in next to me.

I felt the entire table staring at me. If looks could kill, Tanner would have killed me by now. He's obviously pissed.

"There he is now" Kali points at Anthony who had just walked into the Cafeteria with.... nobody? He usually always has a group of girls following him around.

"I'll be right back" I jump up and rush over to where he was standing.

"Sunshine" He says cheerfully while pulling me in for a hug.

"What the hell do you think you're doing" I whisper angrily at him.

"Just go along with it" I hear him whisper back.

"Go along with what- this weird charade you're putting on where I am your girlfriend" I hiss.

"Exactly that" I can just imagine that stupid grin of his.

"Now stop looking like you're uncomfortable- everyone is staring" He nudges me.

"Because we've been hugging for several minutes. Who does that?" I angrily hug him back.

"Couples do, Sunshine" He pulls back and gives me a cheeky smile.

I glare at him and he shakes his head. Before I know it, he grabs my hand and leads us back to our table where Marilyn and Matt are staring at me like I have 2 heads and Kali is bouncing happily in her seat.

"Oh my god! You two make such a cute couple!" She squeals.

"Uh-"

"Thanks Kali" Anthony smiles while cutting me off.

Anthony helps me sit next to Marilyn and then squeezes between Eric and I. Anthony wraps his arm around me and Marilyn kicks me in my shin.

"Ow" I hiss at her and she nods towards Anthony with her "What the hell is this" look.

I mouth that I don't know to her and she nods.

"You're okay with this?" Tanner says with a look of disbelief- that earns him a glare from Anthony.

Eric swallows his food and nods. "Yeah. He's my best friend and he's the only guy I would actually trust with my sister"

Tanner snorts. "He slept with Quinn Bennett last week"

"Nah- I just said that I did so nobody would suspect anything" Anthony shrugs while stealing a few fries from my tray.

"And you believe that?" Tanner asks me and I nod quietly staring at my plate.

I really don't like when he talks to me and it seems that Anthony notices that because he pulls me closer to him. Though it doesn't make me feel better because I still have no effing idea why he's pulling this charade.

"Why do you have a problem with them dating?" Matt speaks up on the topic for the first time.

"I don't. I'm just looking out for Summer" Tanner says causing Anthony to snort.

"Yeah- you're really looking out for her" Anthony rolls his eyes.

"What is that supposed to me?" Tanner scoffs.

"Woah- cool down guys" Marilyn speaks up.

Before anyone has a chance to say anything the bell rings signaling us to go to 7th period. Anthony decided he would walk me to class but I didn't get the chance to ask him anything because I share this class with Kali and Eric so they walked with us.

"Bye beautiful" Anthony says and before I'm able to comprehend anything- Anthony fricking Walton kisses me. It isn't a full on make out session but it's not just a peck on the lips either.

Before I'm able to shove him away- he pulls away and waves a goodbye to my brother who was staring at us with a disgusted look and Kali who looks like she was about to combust from excitement.

The rest of the day went on like regular- except for the amount of people who were staring at me like I was Kim Kardashian. Apparently from what I have heard- everyone knows that Anthony and I are "dating." Since I am the captain of the football teams sister and my "best friend" is on the cheer squad- nobody is talking bad about me. But I did get a few jealous looks from some of the popular girls.

After school ended- Marilyn and I decided to go into the auditorium and practice for the audition coming up in the next few weeks while we wait for the boys to get done with football practice & Kali to get done with cheer practice. As you can tell, Eric & Matt have forced me to continue carpooling because they felt weird driving Kali & Marilyn around without me.

Soon it became 4:30 and we were all piling into Eric's SUV that he got for christmas last year after he got his license.

"Hey princess" Anthony pulls me into the seat next to him.

"Did you forget to shower?" I grimace as I rub against his sweaty body.

He rolls his eyes at that statement but just leans back.

Eric starts dropping everyone off like usual. Tanner, Marilyn, Kali and then Anthony.

"Summer is coming over today because we need to talk about stuff" Anthony speaks up when we pull onto his street.

"Uhm what" I glance at him and he gives me a pointed look. "Oh yeah. I forgot about that"

Anthony rolls his eyes and I notice Eric staring at us suspiciously.

"Don't get my sister pregnant"

"Oh my god that's disgusting" I shriek causing everyone in the car to burst out laughing.

After getting grilled by my brothers for 10 minutes they finally declared that it was safe to let us leave.

I started walking to the front door when I realized that Anthony wasn't with me. I turned around and found him standing still with his eyebrow raised.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing. You just haven't been at my house since-"

"Shut up" I growled. He was not going to bring up that night.

He brought his hands up in surrender and laughed while walking past me and into the house. I followed after him and walked into the familiar house. It was actually really homey and I used to enjoy coming over here when I was younger. I glanced at the family pictures that decorated the beige walls. Some I recognised from the last time I was here- but there were a few new ones.

I laughed which caused Anthony to turn around and smile at what I was laughing at.

"My mom really loves that one" He said about the photograph in my hands.

It was a picture of Anthony, Eric, Marilyn & I at The Land Of Make Believe. We were probably about 4 or 5 at the time. We were riding this little train that drove around the property and Eric was kissing Marilyn on the cheek while Anthony was hugging me. It looks really sweet until you hear what happened right after this picture was taken.

"You pulled my hair and I pushed you off the ride after this was taken" I smirked and Anthony laughed and nodded.

"Anthony are you out there?" I heard Mrs. Walton yell from the Kitchen.

"Yeah mom. I brought my girlfriend with me" Anthony smirked at me.

"Why do you-" I'm cut off by his mom walking in.

"Anthony I told you not to bring- Summer?" Mrs. Walton furrows her eyebrows and then she covers her mouth. "Oh my... you guys are a couple?"

Right before I'm about to say No- Anthony nods his head.

"We're going out to the tree house" Anthony drops his bag and heads for the back door.

"Of course! I'll just be on the phone" Mrs. Walton smiles and rushes towards the kitchen.

Probably to call my mom, I sigh.

"Why are you telling people that I'm your girlfriend?" I ask when we are finally settled in the tree house that Anthony and my brothers built in 6th grade.

"Well- I've figured out a great way to get revenge" Anthony grins and sits on the bean bag chair in the corner.

"Revenge?"

"On Tanner"

The look I was giving him must have annoyed him because he groaned.

"Tanner cheated on you with your best friend- so now we make it seem like you've been cheating on him with his best friend. Even though I can hardly stand the guy" He smirks.

"But.... I don't like you?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Ouch" Anthony feigns hurt.

"I mean nobody is gonna buy that I'm in love with you"

"Who said anything about being in love? This is high school, Sunshine. Nobody knows anything about our relationship. As far as anyone else knows- this is just a sex-driven fling that won't last" Anthony said while messing around with something on the shelves.

"I don't want people to think I had sex with you" I groaned.

"Okay I'm not that bad" Anthony glanced over at me.

"So what? Now we just pretend to be together for the next year and 9 months until everyone graduates?" I cross my arms.

"Nah- just for a few months. Then you can dump me and I can drown myself in girls to get over you" He smirked at me.

"What's in this for you?" I raise my eyebrow. "Why are you willing to stay single for a few months just to help me? There has to be a catch"

He stands up and stares at me for a minute before tossing whatever he had in his hand back on the shelf.

"Tara Williams won't leave me alone. I told her I had a girlfriend and she told me that she wouldn't stop until I proved it" He grinned down at me.

I looked around before sighing. "Fine. I'll pretend to be your girlfriend."

Anthony grinned at me and then glanced out the hole in the wall that he calls a window.

"I think we should kiss"

"Excuse me?" I blink. What did he just say?

"My mom is on the deck staring at us. And I'm pretty sure she's on the phone with your mother" He smirked at me.

"So?"

"She thinks we came up here to have alone time" He wiggles his eyebrows.

"Ew"

"You're going to need to kiss me if you want this to work. Might as well start now. Who knows? Maybe you'll decide you want more"

"You're full of yourself" I glare but sigh in defeat. He was right. If we were going to pull off being a couple- I was going to need to kiss him.

"Kiss me, get on with it" I roll my eyes.

"Hm.. No you need to kiss me" He crosses his arms.

"No way. Not going to happen"

"Kiss me or I'll make tell everyone about how you wet the bed until you were 12" He grinned.

"That isn't even true!" I shrieked.

"But everyone at school doesn't know that" He laughed.

"Fine" I huffed.

I leant up as far as I could - god he is so god damn tall. Before I could kiss him myself- he kissed me. It wasn't passion filled and there defiantly wasn't any "sparks." There was a little flutter in my stomach but I'm pretty sure I'm just getting nauseous because he still stinks of sweat.

He leans back and smirks.

"Now that wasn't too bad"

Before I could reply I could hear Mrs. Walton squealing.

"Taylor they just kissed!" I heard her say while walking into the house.

~~

After discussing how we would make this work. Anthony dropped me off at my house around 6:00 pm.

I started heading towards my room when my mother stopped.

"Stop right their young lady"

I turned around and saw the biggest smile on my mothers face.

"When were you going to tell me that you and Anthony were a couple!?" She squealed.

Just great...

a u t h o r s   note

I hope yall enjoyed this chapter! I guess now we are caught up with the last version of this book so you should expect the rest of the book to be filled with new stuff!

If you enjoyed don't forget to vote, comment & share with your friends!

c a m m i

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

The Light You Give Par Lookatlilivy

Roman pour Adolescents

523K 11.7K 46
I place my hand on his leg to calm down his agitated tapping, he flicks me a knowing smile. "Stealing my moves Lace?" Seth asks flicking me an award...
7.2K 318 63
Amy and her best friends - Millie and Kate- life revolve around themselves until she met their school's popular, rich girl - Courtney - one time in a...
One Of A Kind Par Cammi Kenny

Roman pour Adolescents

689K 23.4K 29
"Let me convince you that love exists" Benjamin grinned at me. "Love is just some delusion our mind creates to make sure we procreate" I rolled my e...
183K 6.3K 41
Summary It must sound very cliché but this is my story, the story of a nerd ( aka me, Emma) and how my life turned upside down In A mere couple of m...