You Don't Know Me

By CammiKenny

Adam and Taylor Preston got married and had 9 kids. Eric, Summer, Matthew, May, Sage, Kevin, Devin, Marc and... More

N O T E
chapter one - football player puke
T H R E E
F O U R
F I V E
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N
E L E V E N
T W E L V E
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N
F I F T E E N
S I X T E E N
S E V E N T E E N
E I G H T E E N
N I N E T E E N
T W E N T Y
T W E N T Y O N E
T W E N T Y T W O
T W E N T Y T H R E E
T W E N T Y F O U R
T W E N T Y F I V E
E P I L O G U E
N O T E
B O N U S

T W O

60.6K 1.7K 1K
By CammiKenny

You Don't Know Me

Chapter 2

Edited

~ Summer Preston's POV ~ 

 Unlike my family, I am a morning person. I enjoy the feeling of the natural light when I wake up in the morning. Every morning is the same. Not that I mind. Wake up, shower, brush my teeth, moisturize, make up and eat breakfast.

I enjoy having a set routine. But unfortunately it's Sunday. Meaning that there is no "set routine" because of the 3 extra people in my house.

You may be thinking "Summer, you live with 11 other people- what's three more?"

Now, I get your point. And it's not so much Marilyn and Tanner that get on my nerves. It's Anthony.

He will literally do anything- and I mean anything - to ruin my morning.

"Morning Sunshine" Anthony smiles at me when I open my bathroom door.

"Why?" I groan and Anthony just grins.

"Why? Well I needed to get ready for breakfast" He smirked.

"I need to shower"

"Ah- c'mon get in" He wiggles his eyebrows while stepping into the tub.

"Get the hell out" I drag him out of the bathroom and push him into Eric's room.

"I need to-" I cut off his protests by shutting and locking the door.

I start to get ready for my shower by taking out the 2 towels I need and putting them on the toilet. I start to pick up the clothes off the floor when I realize what I just picked up.

"You are so gross" I yell and hear Anthony's annoying laughter coming from outside the door.

How the hell did he manage to get vomit on his boxers..?

~~

"I told you I needed to get my clothes" Anthony leans against my door frame.

"You're disgusting" I whisper- making sure not to wake up Marilyn. It's only 8:15 am and I know she would definitely not appreciate being woken up.

"How did you even get vomit on your boxers?" I glare up at him while applying my eyeshadow.

"If you wanted to see my boxers- you could've just asked" He smirked.

I look up at him and crinkle my nose.

"Ew"

"Why do you use this crap?" He asks while rummaging through my make up bag.

"To enhance my features" I say delicately while applying my winged liner.

I glance over at him and see that he's staring at me.

"What?" I blush. Why is he staring at me like that?

"That.... is the most stupidest thing ever" He bursts out laughing.

"Get the hell out of my room" I throw one of my beauty blenders at him.

~~

"No need for that" Anthony says from the living room.

"Excuse me?" I call out from the kitchen.

"Your mother said that we're going to Miriam's for breakfast"

"When did she say that?" I furrow my eyebrows while putting the pot back on its shelf.

"While you were locked in your bedroom" He smirks while I walk into the living room.

"Oh"

I sit on the couch next to Anthony and start watching the highlights from last nights game.

"Are you going to tell me why?"

"Huh?" I ask - keeping myself engrossed in the game.

"Why have you been missing everything?"

"Just because you haven't seen me- doesn't mean I've been missing everything" I roll my eyes.

"You've missed 2 football nights, one of my games and you haven't been carpooling with us" He stared at me.

"One of your games?" I raise my eyebrow.

"You know what-"

"Hey kids" My dad says walking down the hall.

My dad is basically just a bigger version of Eric. Or Eric is just a smaller version of him. Same black hair, blue eyes and build. Just my dad is a few inches taller than Eric.

"Hi dad!" I wave.

"Hey dad" Anthony says and I glare at him. He knows that when he calls my parents 'Mom' & 'Dad' it makes me uncomfortable.

"Everyone else is asleep?" He asks and we nod. "And you two are alone?"

"Ew. That isn't a thing" I cringe at what my dad was implying.

"Ow" Anthony holds his chest.

"Shut up" I glare.

"It would make your mother's very happy" Dad laughs.

My mother and Miss. Walton have some weird obsession with Anthony and I. They want us to be a couple and have tried to get us together ever since we got old enough to be romantically interested in another person. In 6th grade, after months of my mother's constant badgering (maybe I'm over exaggerating a bit) I developed a crush on him.

I made the mistake of telling my mom- who told her best friend- his mom- who told Anthony about it. Fortunately for me, he was still in the "Girls have cooties" phase and didn't feel the same for me. But for the last 5 years- I haven't been able to live it down. And my mother's urge to get us together hasn't phased.

I must have zoned out because when I tune back in- Anthony and my dad are in a deep discussion about his team's strategy.

"Okay guys- I would love to stay but my patients need me" Dad smiles.

"You're not coming to breakfast?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"Ah not today sweetheart. Maybe next time?" Dad smiles sadly.

"Okay- Love you"

"Love you too" He smiles and grabs his overnight bag.

Before leaving the living room- he bangs on both my door and then Eric's door causing 4 very angry people to start yelling.

"See you kids later" He laughs while leaving.

~~

"Your dad sucks" Marilyn groans while plopping on the floor.

"It's not like he woke you up" I motion to her hair and make up.

"Yeah- but I nearly messed up my eyeliner"

"Girls" I hear Anthony mutter under his breath.

Eric's door opens and 2 angry and tired figures walk out.

"Good morning" Tanner smiles at us.

There's that feeling again.

The feeling that makes me want to curl up in my bed and hide from everyone and everything.

"Morning" Anthony nods towards them.

"Good morning" Eric imitates Tanner - making Marilyn laugh.

"Good and morning should never be in the same sentence" Matt grabs a bowl from the drain.

"Stop right their young man" Mom walks in and grabs the bowl from his hands.

"I want my cereal" Matt whines.

"We are going out and I am not spending money on food you're just gonna throw out" She chastises him.

"Tanner can you hold Sky, while I go get the rest of the kids ready" Mom hands Tanner my baby sister.

"I would ask one of them but knowing how they are in mornings- I wouldn't trust them not to drop her"

"I wouldn't drop my sister" Eric pretends to be offended.

"You dropped me last week" I squint at him.

"Because you're fat"

"I am literally 140 lbs" I glare at him.

While everyone is talking I start to stare at Tanner holding my sister.

How could my mom trust him to keep her safe?

He could break her as easily as he broke my heart. In the matter of seconds. How could I ever think he actually had feelings for someone like me? I'm just his best friends sister. Nothing more- Nothing less.

"Are you okay?" Anthony whispers into my ear causing my to flinch. When did he get that close?

"I'm fine" I scoot away from him.

"You're crying" He whispers.

I wipe my face and he's right. When did that happen? I need to pay more attention.

"Alright! Now there's one problem" Mom comes down the stairs with 5 annoyed kids behind her. "My van only has 11 seats- so two of you are going have to drive to the diner in another car"

"I'll drive Summer" Anthony stands up causing all of us to stare at him.

"What" I stare blankly at his stupid smirking face.

"Oh how nice!" Mom's eyes light up at the thought of Anthony and I alone together.

Any other mother would be mortified at that thought. But not mine.

~~

"Why did you do that?" I glare at him.

"You're gonna tell me what's been upsetting you" Anthony glances over at me .

"Eyes on the road" I snap.

Who does he think he is?

"Is this about the Kali thing?"

Oh god. Tanner told him and probably Eric about what happened.

"Because you really need to get over this weird crush you have on Tanner. Trust me. He isn't worth it. You wouldn't want a relationship with the dude. And that's coming from his best friend" Anthony says.

Trust me Anthony. I know he isn't worth it.

"Woah- I didn't mean to make you cry Sunshine. I didn't know you liked him that much" Anthony looks over at me panicked.

"Shut up" I glare.

Anthony parks in the parking lot at Miriam's and I start to get out but he grabs my arm.

"Wait" He says and I shut the door.

"What do you want" I sigh.

"Kali's your best friend right?" He asks and I nod. "She really likes Tanner and I know he really likes her back. If she was your friend you would want her to be happy- right?"

"Tanner likes her?" I stare blankly at Anthony's face.

"Uh yeah? He does nothing but talk about her and he was really hyped up when they- Summer stop crying"

"You're an asshole" I wipe my tears away and try to get out of the car.

"No- I'm looking out for my best friend's little sister. You have a crush on a guy that doesn't like you back and even if he did- he would hurt you. That's the type of guy he is. I wouldn't be surprised if he hurt Kali despite his crush on her-"

"He was my boyfriend"

"Huh?" Anthony looked dumbfounded.

"Tanner was my boyfriend up until 3 weeks ago" I stare at him blankly.

"Since when?" Anthony exclaimed.

"Since like 8 months ago. We were keeping it a secret because Eric would have killed us" I sigh.

Anthony runs his hands through his hair and cuss'. He glances at the diner and I follow his gaze and see my family sitting by the window.

"Eric and I are gonna kill him" Anthony glares at Tanner.

"No!" I stop Anthony from leaving the car. "You can not tell Eric. I don't want Kali knowing Tanner and I were together"

"Eric wouldn't want to be friends with a guy that hurt you" Anthony stares at me like I'm crazy.

"I don't care Anthony. Promise you won't tell" I beg.

He stares at me for a few minutes and sighs.

"FIne. I promise"

Unlike Tanner- I can trust Anthony.

~~

"Why were you guys sitting out there for like 15 minutes?" Sage asks.

"We weren't?" I glare at her.

"Yes you were- I saw you" She smirks. "It looked like you guys were fighting"

"Sage- leave them alone" Mom gives her a pointed look.

"I saw you guys too" Eric stares at us.

"Eric. What did I just say?"

"Sorry Mom" Eric says but stares at us from the corner of his eye.

"What will you guys be getting today?" The waitress named Faye smiles at us. I recognise her from our school. I think she's in the band.

Everyone lists of what they're gonna be getting.

"And you guys?" Faye asks Anthony and I.

"A garden salad and a water for me and she'll have the Belgium waffle with chocolate chips and a hot chocolate" Anthony lists off the menu.

"Okie dokie! I'll be right back with your drinks!"

"Why did you order for her?" Eric asks.

"Huh?" Anthony furrows his eyebrows.

I guess it was instinct. Over the summer- Anthony and I ate here together a lot. Now, that sounds all cute but it was because I was depressed and hiding in my room and he wouldn't leave me alone unless I left the house.

"We came here a lot over the Summer and I remember what she ordered" Anthony shrugged.

"I don't remember coming here over break" Eric squinted at us.

"Well that's because you weren't there" I glare at him. I don't like what he's getting at.

"Eric- leave them alone" Mom hits him with the menu.

Our food comes and the entire time I'm eating I feel most of our table staring at Anthony and I. 

a u t h o r s   n o t e

I hope you guys enjoyed the second chapter! It strays away from the original version but I think this helps yall get to know the rest of the characters and it helps develop Anthony & Summer's relationship a bit more. 

If you liked it don't forget to vote, comment & share with your friends!!

c a m m i

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

294K 6.5K 27
COMPLETED 5.14.18 SEQUEL TO MY BROTHERS BEST FRIEND Book 2/4 of the Adam's series - "I promise, I will ask you soon enough." He kisses my lips gentl...
574K 20.9K 28
"Matthew Preston? The kid who doesn't have any friends?" "Matt Preston? The kid who used to play on the football team?" "Matthew Preston? Don't even...
183K 6.3K 41
Summary It must sound very cliché but this is my story, the story of a nerd ( aka me, Emma) and how my life turned upside down In A mere couple of m...
523K 11.7K 46
I place my hand on his leg to calm down his agitated tapping, he flicks me a knowing smile. "Stealing my moves Lace?" Seth asks flicking me an award...