Cute Short Stories

By autumnbreeze19

A bunch of random, cute, short stories that I'll write just for fun. All will be silly and cheesy (and very c... More

Running for Detention -- Short Story 1
Hockey Game Seats -- Short Story 2
My English Class Loser -- Short Story 3
How We Met -- Short Story 4
Field Trip Buddies -- Short Story 5
Running Away Like A Man -- Short Story 6
Prom Night Friends -- Short Story 7
The Dog Walkers -- Short Story 8
The Farmer Boy -- Short Story 9
His Carnie Chick -- Short Story 10
Our Big Fat Fight -- Short Story 11
The Fairytale Couple -- Short Story 12
Once a Cutie Always a Cutie -- Short Story 13
Gorgeous and the Moron -- Short Story 14
Angie and Jesse -- Short Story 15
Endless Questions -- Short Story 16
Best Friends -- Short Story 17
Pizza Delivery Girl -- Short Story 18
Patching Things Up -- Short Story 19
The Bookstore Find -- Short Story 20
An Easter Surprise -- Short Story 21
Late Night Flower Run -- Short Story 22
Rose Petal and Smiles -- Short Story 24
Back to the Beginning -- Short Story 25
Are You Gonna Be My Girl -- Short Story 26
My Mysterious Masquerade Boy -- Short Story 27
An Owed Thank You -- Short Story 28
Departing Again -- Short Story 29
The Hiding Place -- Short Story 30
Pictures with Sunshine -- Short Story 31
20 Questions -- Short Story 32
Her Diary -- Short Story 33
Notes from the New Boy -- Short Story 34
Best Friends with Bad Judgement -- Short Story 35
Practice Makes Perfect -- Short Story 36
Shameless Flirting and CDs -- Short Story 37
August, Summer and Winters -- Short Story 38
Road Trip Shenanigans -- Short Story 39
Today's Theme is Hurrying -- Short Story 40

Morning Arrival -- Short Story 23

2.8K 107 7
By autumnbreeze19

Morning Arrival -- Short Story 23

••••••••••••••••

Turning up what I call 'our song' (the very first song I heard while on a date with him), I continued to dance around our apartment to distract myself.

Even with it getting late into the night, I knew sleep wouldn't be happening anytime soon. The nerves and excitement built up about seeing Logan tomorrow are killing me.

It's been two months since we've last really seen each other. Of course phone calls and FaceTime have been a must, but it's still hard without him here.

Making sure our song played on loop, I sang and danced until I couldn't anymore.

The only thing on my mind was Logan.

He's flying back from London, England tonight (well tomorrow morning there) after going to visit his parents- who have been touring the UK for half of the year- for the summer. I've been saving money for school and I refused to have Logan or his parents pay for my tickets.

Given that I'd rather visit England with just Logan, he promised we'd go next year after his family aren't touring the area.

Cleaning up the living room, I rearranged the pillows on the couch until I realized it was pointless.

The excitement was going to kill me.

I calculated the time difference in my head before FaceTiming Logan. I knew his flight left England at 10a.m, meaning it would be 2 o'clock in the morning here.

It being 11p.m. here, I figured it would be a good time to call.

The butterflies grew in my stomach as I waited for him to connect.

"Gwen?" His voice played out of my phone, "What are you still doing up?"

"Do you really think I can sleep?" I smiled at his picture finally connecting.

"You're going to be exhausted." He warned, as if he were here.

"But you're not here, so there's nothing you can do about it." I teased him.

His laughter filled our empty apartment. I couldn't help but smile again. In a few hours, he'll be back here with me instead of being in some crowded airport.

"You should really try sleeping, love. It's past 11 there." Logan fretted.

Because Logan's not the slightest bit English, his nickname for me might seem slightly strange. But a few months ago when we found out Logan was going to London, we tried using British accents and he kept calling me love. It eventually stuck.

"I've been dancing around the apartment to She's Got Me Dancing for the past hour. I'm not sleeping anytime soon."

"Promise you will soon though? I don't want you tired when I come back." He winked, making me grin.

"It's always about you, hey?" I teased him some more, "It sounds busy there." I could hear muffled noises coming from the airport; even with Logan wearing headphones.

"It is." He looked up from his phone to look at the people around him, "But I've got my headphones so I don't hear much."

"I bet people are looking at you weird for talking to your phone."

"A few have, yeah." He chuckled, "I can really make them give me a weird look if you want?"

"I don't think that's nessacar-"

"I LOVE MY GIRLFRIEND!" Logan yelled at the top of his lungs.

In the middle of a busy airport.

With people sitting all around him.

"You're an idiot." I rubbed my head, doing my best to not laugh.

"It's true though." He shrugged before switching the camera view around to show me the people currently staring at him.

"How lovely." I yawned.

"What was that?" Logan's face reappeared.

"I said how lovely."

"And you yawned."

"No I didn't." I shook my head, "Must have just sounded like I did."

"No, Gwen, you yawned. You're tired. Get to bed." He looked doubtful that I would listen.

"But then I won't get to talk to you."

"Gwen," he laughed, "What am I doing right now?"

"Sitting in an airport."

"To do what?" Logan grinned at me.

"Come home." I mumbled, "Okay, fine. I'll go get my pyjamas on and lay in bed, but I'm not sleeping yet."

"Whatever you say, love." He yawned himself, "See? Even I'm tired and it's 8:30 in the morning here."

"You were probably up early." I turned on our bedroom light.

"To be honest," I set my phone down on the bed so I could change and still listen to Logan, "I didn't sleep much last night."

"Why not?" I found myself almost yelling to be sure he could hear me from our walk-in closet.

"I was too excited to see you." His voice softened slightly.

"And you want me to sleep now?" I laughed, "I'm way too happy."

Before crawling into bed, I shut off our light and turned on my lamp instead.

Getting comfy under the covers, I laid on my side with my phone propped up sideways against my lamp.

"I can barely see you." Logan's voice came in between my constant shuffling and rustling of the blankets.

"I can see you just fine." I smirked, moving closer to the lamp to let the light shine on my face. "What about now?"

"That's better." He gave me his half-smile.

After asking Logan how his day went, I closed my eyes to listen. Once I had gotten into bed, I could feel sleep taking over.

"Gwen?" Logan spoke almost in a whisper, "Did you fall asleep?"

"Hm?" I didn't open my eyes, "No, I'm awake. I'm still listening."

"I asked how your day went." He chuckled, obviously finding this funny.

"Oh, sorry." I murmured, "I missed that part. My day went way too slow." I barely opened my eyes to talk. They were much to heavy.

"That's too bad." Logan sighed, relaxing a bit. "Maybe I should let you go, so you can get some rest. It's what? Midnight?"

"No!" I woke up some more, "I'm awake, I swear."

"Okay," He covered up a grin, "but if you do fall asleep, I'll be home around 9a.m, alright?"

"I'm not tired yet," I lied, "Tell me a story."

"Really?"

"Please?"

Logan began telling me a story about his trip to the airport early this morning and how he almost missed his flight because of traffic.

If I wasn't so tired, I would have freaked out about him almost not making it home.

Instead, I nodded my head occasionally until even that was too much work. The occasional noise was all I made to let him know I was still awake and listening.

He went through two stories and was going onto the third when he stopped.

"Gwen?" I was half asleep, "I'm sure you're still partially awake, but I'll say goodnight now. I love you."

Doing my best to smile, I drifted off to Logan telling me a story about a guy he met while checking in his bags.

--------------------

I woke up to our bedroom being lit by the lamp I left on. Reaching to shut it off, I remembered how I fell asleep.

Fumbling for my phone, I grabbed it to check the time.

A new message from fifteen minutes earlier was all I noticed.

Just landed!! So good to be home! I'll see you soon, love. <3 Hopefully I'll be able to get a taxi quickly.

Still feeling tired, I fell back to sleep before anything could get done and ignored the excitment bubbling inside of me. I didn't even set an alarm to wake me up before Logan got home.

The next time I woke up, I rolled over and curled up closer to what I thought was the giant body pillow Logan bought me before he left.

It definitely wasn't.

"Logan!" My eyes shot open, "Oh my god!" I just about jumped on top of him. "You're home!"

"Good morning to you too." He opened his eyes, smirking the whole time.

"Why didn't you wake me up?" I bounced as I sat up in bed.

"I figured you needed the sleep." Logan shrugged as if he hadn't just gotten home from a two month trip.

Laughing, I laid down to roll on top of him. Giving me a bone crushing hug, Logan laughed with me.

"I missed you way too much." I gave him a kiss on the forehead.

"Are you kidding?" He gave me a funny look, "Two months gone and all I get is a kiss on the forehead?"

Giggling and grinning, I couldn't believe he was actually back.

"I missed you way more than you think." Logan held my face as he gave me a long lasting kiss.

"Two months is way too long." I didn't know whether I should kiss him or just cuddle close. I ended up doing both; a small kiss and a cuddle.

"I know, love." He brushed my hair away from my face as I rested my head on his chest.

"Never leave me for that long again." I looked up at him, "Okay?"

"I'll do my best." Logan promised, giving me another peck on the lips.

"God, I can't believe you're actually here." I shook my head, feeling happy tears forming.

"Don't cry, Gwen." He laughed, "It's okay."

"I'm just happy, alright?" I let out a small laugh, wiping the few tears that slipped out.

"I am too."

"Next time you go somewhere, I'm coming." I snuggled into him.

"Actually, I'm going to the store later. I'm glad I'll have company." Logan teased.

"You know what I mean." I wanted to glare, but all I could do was smile.

"I do, don't worry." He made sure all of my hair was out of my face. "I do."

"Good." I grinned, rolling to lay beside him.

We laid cuddled up together until it was late in the afternoon.

And even then we only got up because our stomachs were growling.

••••••••••••••••

Author's note:

As usual, this one had no planning to it and all I did was start typing to start it.

I hope you guys like it as much as I do! :)

Also, thank you to everyone who has read this (I know I posted a thank you in the last Author's note too) because I noticed this has almost gotten to 700 reads! (697 as of posting this story today) You guys are awesome!

Let me know what you think! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 112 25
"Everything is more real than ever" *** None of these stories are mine. Just a collection of stories and fairytales. *** This story has only been pu...
114 37 18
Random short stories I had in my mind at 3 in the morning. This is also to help me try some new styles of writing and just goofing around basically.
146 15 7
𝘖𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥, 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘭𝘭 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘳 𝘯𝘢𝘮𝘦... This is just for me to get the short horror ideas out of my hea...
390 0 9
Short stories, some containing my characters, some one-shots, I'm just having fun with this.