The Dual Bender

By goldendragon225

Korra x Male Reader. There is a prophecy that came to be whilst the first Avatar, Wan was traveling the globe... More

Chapter 1: The Arrival
Chapter 2: Surprising Hero
Chapter 3: Awake
Chapter 4: I Think I'm Going To Like It Here
Chapter 5: Past
Chapter 6: Breaking Out
Chapter 7: Broken
Chapter 8: Pro Bending Finals
Chapter 9: The Unknown Power
Chapter 10: Phoenix
Chapter 11: The Return
Chapter 12: X-7
Chapter 13: Sky
Chapter 14: The Beginning Of The End
Chapter 15: The End Of An Era
Chapter 16: Let Her Live
Chapter 17: Together
Chapter 18: Vacation
Chapter 19: Nightmares
Chapter 20: Captured And Sickness
Chapter 21: Lucifer
Chapter 22: Family?
Chapter 23: Hurt
Chapter 24: A New Technique
Chapter 25: Reasons
Chapter 26: Control
Chapter 28: The Decision
Chapter 29: Aftermath
Chapter 30: Aftermath Part 2
Chapter 31: Hell On Earth
Chapter 32: Do We Get What We Deserve?
Chapter 33: Rue Krauss
Chapter 34: Zagan's Return
Chapter 35: The Spirits Revenge
Chapter 36: Training
Chapter 37: Toph
Chapter 38: The Swamps Vision
Chapter 39: Chelsea
Chapter 40: I Deserve It
Chapter 41: The Progressors
Chapter 42: Assassination In Zaofu
Chapter 43: The Undead Bloodbender
Chapter 44: Occurrences
Chapter 45: Valek
Chapter 46: Kuvira's Weapon
Chapter 47: Kuvira's Arrival/The Vision
Chapter 48: Good Luck
Chapter 49: Valek's Emergence
Chapter 50: The Ancient Ability
Chapter 51: The Battle
Chapter 52: The Other Side Of The Family
Chapter 53: The Awakening
Chapter 54: The Universal Spirits
Chapter 55: A Retelling Of The Past
Chapter 56: Training The Instinct
Chapter 57: Kronos
Chapter 58: The Spirit Of Balance
Chapter 59: The Ancient Secret
Chapter 60: The Arrival Of Kronos
Chapter 61:The Arrival Of Hades
Chapter 62: Evening The Odds
Chapter 63: The Killer Of Death
Chapter 64: Apocalypse?
Chapter 65: Poisoned
Chapter 66: Taken
Chapter 67: A... Brother?!
Chapter 68: Victor
Chapter 69: Death

Chapter 27: Fight For Her

3.7K 62 13
By goldendragon225

Korra POV

It all happens in slow motion. I see the 2 guards bend the poison into his back, except they don't stop, they bend 2 whole bowls of it into him. He tries to stand, only to have Ghazan kick him off the cliff. I see him land with a loud thud on the side of the ground. His body is convulsing and I can see the strain on his face.

Korra: "M/N!" I can feel the tears welling up in my eyes. Then his body stops moving. No... I turn back towards Zaheer.

Zaheer: "Now, it's your turn avatar Korra." I see the poison split into 5 sections. I'm guessing one for each of my arms and legs... And one to attack my heart. I can't bend it away, there's nobody coming to save me this time. I close my eyes and prepare for it. I saw what it did to M/N, I knew what was about to happen.

Your POV

Gaea: "Get Up M/N! You Must Not Let The Avatar Die! They Are Going To Kill Her M/N! They are going to kill the one you love..."

You: "No... Not her..."

Korra POV

I feel the poison hit each of my legs. Yet I don't feel anymore. I open my eyes and look up to see... M/N? His face is in obvious pain and his pupils are glowing a shining F/C. He turns around and looks towards the 2 guards. I see 3 different sections of that poison along his back sink into him... He blocked it. I see him fly towards the 2 guards, he embeds his claws into each of their stomachs and then sends them flying with a wave of fire. He turns towards Ghazan next. I feel the poison begin to work.

Korra: "Aahh!" I feel it. Gods, it feels like it's eating away at me. I see Ghazan get sent flying into the wall by a large chunk of earth and M/N fly at him driving both of his claws into his chest. Then I see Zaheer, he was airbending a large and sharp stalagmite right at M/N. No! I feel myself slip into the avatar state.

Your POV

I turn around seeing Korra has broken from the chains and a large stalagmite only inches from my head. I pull my claws out of the earthbender and make a fist with my hand, making the stalagmite shatter. I see Zaheer fly out of a small opening at the top of the cave, with Korra following. 'You must calm Raava! The poison will only spread quicker if she fights!' Ok, let's do this. I take off after them.

Asami POV

We arrive and see the airbenders along with Kya and Bumi exit through a tunnel... And Korra flying after Zaheer. We land the ship farther away and take Oogie in closer.

Jinora: "Dad! Aunt Kya and uncle Bumi are hurt! They need help!"

Tenzin: "Where's... Korra?" Jinora points up and we all look up to see Korra and Zaheer duking it out. Then I feel the earth... shake? I hear a large crack and look to see M/N flying full-speed towards the two. Although he doesn't slow up. He just seems to lower his shoulder and simply rams into Zaheer, sending him flying into the mountain side. Then M/N, what?

Jinora: "Did M/N just?" He karate chopped Korra's neck. I see her begin to fall, and M/N fly down to catch her. He flies over to us and sets Korra down gently.

You: "The poison... It's metal-based. Get Sue and Lin to bend it out of her. Now!" He then takes off towards Zaheer. But as he does I get a glimpse of something flying towards him. Then it impales into his chest. I hear him grunt and fall with a thud. I turn to see, Ghazan.

Ghazan: "Haha, your too late! Now both of your saviors will die!" Then he collapses onto the ground. I see Zaheer fly towards us.

Asami: "Sue! Hurry and bend it out of her! We have company!" I say pointing to Zaheer.

You: "Jinora... Once the poisons out of her..." I turn to Jinora. What's he talking about?

Jinora: "I know. I will." I see M/N nod.

You: "Once Korra's stable... Leave, get out here, get far away from here."

Lin: "What? We can't just leave you!"

You: "We don't have a choice! Korra has to survive! And this is the only way! I'm already dead! Just go!" He takes off and engages Zaheer. I turn back to see Sue bending the rest of the poison out of Korra, the Jinora pours some kind of liquid into Korra's mouth. Her eyes flutter open.

Tonraq: "Korra. Oh, thanks the gods you're ok."

Korra: "Dad?"

Tonraq: "Yes, it's me. You're going to be ok." Just after I hear a large thud. I turn back and see M/N crawling out of a crater. He looked horrible, his face was cut and bruised extensively and his shirt had been torn off completely. How did Zaheer do all this damage so quickly? His eyes had stopped glowing and were back to their normal E/C. I also saw the large hole in his chest hadn't healed yet.

You: "Go! Run! He's Changed! I can't beat him! You need to leave! Now!!" As he finishes I see Zaheer fly in and knee his back into the ground. M/N screams and coughs blood. Then I see it. A small needle in Zaheer's arm.

Zaheer: "Haha! This feels great! That doctor really knows what she's doing! I feel 10 times stronger!" Then he turns to us. "So, I see you've extracted the poison from the avatar. Then I guess I'll have to do it the old fashion way." He takes a step towards us, only to have a hand wrap around his leg. I see M/N. His pupils were glowing F/C again. He throws Zaheer into the mountain and turns back to us.

You: "Leave! I can't hold him of-" He's cut off when a large blast of air sends him into a mountain. I see M/N fly out of the crater towards him. Then he disappears, and reappears right behind Zaheer. He hooks his arms under Zaheer's. "Go! Now! I don't know how long I-" He stops talking and coughs blood. I look down and see Zaheer holding a dagger... that's sunk into M/N's side.

Jinora: "No! M/N!" I see tears stream down her face. She takes off towards M/N.

You: "No Jinora! Go with Korra! Make sure she's ok!" Jinora stops. I could tell she didn't want to leave him. She turns around as Zaheer pulls out the dagger and stabs M/N again. She flinches when he screams. I take her hand and run towards Oogie. Once were all on, Oogie takes off. I see M/N release Zaheer and their fight commences again. We were about to arrive back at the airship when I heard Korra.

Korra: "We need to go back. We can't just leave him to die." I feel tears begin to form, but I already know, there's no saving him.

Mako: "Korra, I-I know it's tough, but, he gave his life so we could get away... Korra, I saw what he looked like, and everyone else did too. He wasn't going to survive. Even if we went back for him now, it wouldn't help him." I look down feeling the tears begin to roll down my face. M/N was dead. Or he's going to be soon. And we can't do a thing about it. I see Jinora get up and walk over to Korra.

Jinora: "Here." She says handing Korra his locket. "I'm sure he would have wanted you to have this." I see Korra take the locket gingerly, and a tear roll down her face.

Korra: "What happened to the picture?" Jinora looks down guilty.

Jinora: "He said to tear it open, there was a liquid in there. He said it would help you. I-if you were hurt." Korra looks up from the locket towards her dad.

Korra: "Dad, please. I love him... I-I don't want him to die." I feel the bison turn around.

Asami: "Wha? Who's driving?"

Tenzin: "He did it on his own... He wants to go help M/N." I hear Tenzin say, still out of breath from his fight earlier.

Tonraq: "Then we go back, and we help M/N fight him."

Lin: "Don't be stupid. None of us would be any help to M/N. Even in his state, he's still stronger than all of us except Korra. And she's out of commission. We'd need a plan, a strategy, to help him fight."

Sue: "We could find a way to give him a break. We could try and heal him. That should help." Everyone nods at her plan.

Tonraq: "Ok, so how do we stall Zaheer?"

Korra: "Me, he wants me."

Mako: "Korra, M/N did this to save you, he wouldn't want you in har-" he's cut off by a strong gust of air. I look over the side and see Zaheer flying up at us.

Asami: "We got company!" I yell. Everyone starts bending rocks, airwaves, and icicles at Zaheer. Except he dodges every single one. He was only a few dozen feet from us when I see M/N fly up in between him and us.

You: "I told you. You Won't Hurt Them!" He sends a wave of F/C fire at Zaheer, sending him flying to the ground. I look back at M/N, and I notice his side where Zaheer stabbed him. There were 5 different angles where the blade had gotten him. I also see a dagger lodged into his arm, that along with numerous other bruises and cuts around his body and face. "You all need to leave." He says, although I see blood trickle from his mouth as he speaks.

Sue: "M/N, we can't just let you die."

You: "I'm already dead! I can't heal myself ok! It's over for me..." I see M/N's eyes widen. I see his eyes glow F/C and his claws emerge.

Zaheer: "It's time for you to die ava-"

You: "AAhh!" I see M/N turn around and sink his claws into Zaheer's chest, although it looks like he got him around his collar bone, not his lungs or heart. Zaheer falls to the ground. And as soon as M/N's eyes stop glowing he does the same. We take Oogie down to where M/N and Zaheer lay. I see M/N struggle onto a knee, and Zaheer standing with both arms limp at his side. Then I see him get incased by earth. I look back and see Lin in an earthbending stance. I was about to run over to M/N... Until I see a beam of light come from his eyes and mouth.

Asami: "What the? M/N? M/N can you hear me?" He doesn't move, he just sits there on his knees.

Tenzin: "Impossible..."

Asami: "What?! What is it Tenzin?"

Tenzin: "I've heard stories, but I never believed it... There is a legend, that when a person of great deeds or importance is killed. The spirits may elect to give them an option. An option, of life, or of death... The person will be placed on a road with two paths. One showing all the positives of death, the other, the positives of life. The being must choose which path to travel. Although I've never heard of it happening to anyone before. Not even any of the previous avatars have been given an honor like this." Wow... The spirits see that much in him huh?

Korra: "Then he won't choose life." I turn my head and see Korra laying on Oogie with her dad.

Bolin: "What? Why wouldn't he?"

Korra: "Because his family, would lead to the path of death."

Asami: "B-but you're here? Wouldn't he come back for you?" I say, I know he loves her, I've seen it in his eyes.

Korra: "No... He said he'd protect me... He did. He doesn't love me enough to stay away from his family like that."

Tonraq: "I wouldn't be so sure about that Korra. Trust me, I didn't think he'd take a sword to the gut for you, but he did... Twice. He does love you Korra, even if it hurts to let you go. I wouldn't have it any other way than with him." He says looking at M/N.

Sue: "Well, I'm sure we'll see his choice shortly."

Tenzin: "Look at his eyes, the light will falter and go dim if he chooses death, or it will brighten if he chooses life."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

175K 7.2K 67
A young girl gets told by a spirit that fate made a mistake and she was supposed to be born later. So she is turned into a spirit and told she can wa...
45.2K 1.2K 18
Water, Earth, Fire, and Air. The four elements of the world. There was four nations. Each one named after their element but one nation wanted to be i...
380K 11.5K 63
A READER X IROH II FAN FIC I wrote this for myself but you can read it, too, if you'd like. Y/N is a water bender living in a Fire Nation village ge...
8.8K 199 10
This book dead!!!! CHILDHOOD FRIENDS - LOVERS Korra's best friend growing up in the water tribe was y/n. They would do everything with each other un...