Say Something (A Pentatonix F...

By SpicyTaritos

Three pairs, hopelessly in love. Three pairs, stuck in their own little obstacles, causing their fears. The f... More

Author's Note:
Prologue:
Chapter One:
Chapter Two:
Chapter Three:
Chapter Four:
Chapter Six:
Chapter Seven:
Chapter Eight:
Chapter Nine:
Chapter Ten:
Chapter Eleven:
Chapter Twelve:
Chapter Thirteen:
Chapter Fourteen:
Chapter Fifteen:
A/N: thank you ❤️
Chapter Sixteen:
Chapter Seventeen:
Chapter Eighteen:
Chapter Nineteen:
Chapter Twenty:
Chapter Twenty-One:
Chapter Twenty-Two:

Chapter Five:

364 16 79
By SpicyTaritos

     Scott glanced down at his bare feet on the thick, fuzzy blanket, before looking up at the slender, long legs staring at him. Mitch.

     Scott yawned, wiping his eyes with the back of his hand, as he threw his covers off of him, standing up to meet the somewhat annoyed, yet looking apologetic Mitch.

     Mitch's arms were crossed against his Gucci t-shirt, oversized so that it covered the skintight Calvin Klein boxers he was wearing. Scott gazed at his face; his lips were pursed as if he were to suggest something.

But he didn't say anything at all, as if he was simply waiting for Scott to start. Which Scott did, of course.

"Mitch, I'm sorry for being a dick to you these past few weeks!" Scott spilt finally, as Mitch's features softened.

     "It's alright, Scott. Sorry for not giving you a chance after everything that happened to us for the last six months."

     Scott gulped at this, remembering every single thing that happened between them.

     "O-of course...I mean I forgive you too," Scott replied, rather nervously, as Mitch felt the need to change the subject.

     "Um, do you want to do a Superfruit right now? I totally forgot that we haven't done one in weeks, like Jeremy had to remind me," Mitch asked, his big brown eyes rippling with fear and worry.

     "Yeah. And if you want, we can invite Jeremy and Kirstie to do one too. I remember Jeremy saying he really wanted to do one with us," Scott added.

     Mitch nodded, "Yes," as he dashed out the room to call Jeremy and Kirstie.

Scott sighed. He needed to confront Mitch and apologize for his actions months prior. He needed to tell him the truth.

But he didn't know whether it was too late.
***********************************

     "Yeah, we'll be there."

The car window blurred, the remnants of the trickling raindrops fading away into a dark haze. Kirstie pressed her hand against the dry side of the glass, writing her name with the velvety pads of her plump fingers, almost writing someone else's name as well. But she caught herself, her left hand grabbing her right hand by the wrist, as she placed her hands back onto her lap.

"I used to do that a lot when I was a kid," Jeremy smiled, watching Kirstie from the corner of his eye, as he drove them to Superfruit's house.

"Me too," Kirstie sighed fondly, recalling the good old days where she didn't know what was to come, when life wasn't always predictable. Bare feet, fields of flowers, sticky ice cream cones- the chocolatey treat dripping all over little fingers, car rides to the movie theater, acting in many plays with the same people she lived her life with...a true dream, now that she thought about it.

But now...now, all she had was a declining band, every member stuck in their own world, a husband whom she didn't love...even as he loved her, and a hopeless dream for another man's love.

     Kirstie fiddled with her fingers worriedly, for she hadn't hung out with Mitch and Scott in so long, besides at the studio, of course. She hoped that they wouldn't ask her about her "pregnancy"; she hoped she didn't have to continue along with her story.

     The alarming beeping of the car brushed away her thoughts, as her eyes wandered all around, viewing the clear, papery skies outlined against the darker horizon, the summer sun nowhere in sight, yet the glaring heat reminding them that summer was starting s**n.

Jeremy parked the car, right beside Scott and Mitch's bright red mailbox, somewhat resembling a strawberry.

     "Typical Superfruit," Kirstie chuckled to herself, as Jeremy locked their hands, gazing at her.

Kirstie glanced down at the ground instead- she couldn't gaze at her husband, for her eyes would tell him something else. Tell him her secret. That she didn't love him. That she desired someone else.

     They walked to the door, their shoes clicking on the smooth surface of the sidewalk; ebony loafers and polished crimson heels bouncing at each step.

Jeremy pressed his fingers against the doorbell; instantly the Superfruit theme song began to play softly, as Scott opened the door.

     "Hey y'all!" Scott greeted, as he hugged Jeremy and then Kirstie.

     Kirstie felt her arms wrap around Scott's shoulders; God she missed him so much. They held their embrace for a quite a long moment; Kirstie didn't want to let go. He and Mitch were some of the only things left of her past...the past that she needed to clutch on to so that she wouldn't break apart.

"Krusty, you can let go now," Scott joked, as he placed her arms by her sides, letting go of her gently.

"Sorry," Kirstie blushed in humiliation, although she laughed as well, along with Scott and Jeremy, and the high-pitched giggle of Mitch, who just arrived in the room.

"Make way for Queen," Mitch said sassily, as Kirstie hugged him.

Tears were foaming her eyes; she missed everything. She missed this, missed talking with her best friends, missed saying stupid things and snorting about it seconds later, missed the bright, sunny world she used to live in. The bright, sunny world blooming with golden rays of glistening light, love dancing through their hearts. Now she was stuck in her gloomy darkness, days being nothing but a complete waste of life, boring blankness branding her life.

Most of all, she missed her heart, her big, boisterous heart finding love for even the smallest of things, discovering light in even the darkest things. Too bad, everything changed for the worse. Not for the better, as she had initially believed.

"Sweetie, your pregnancy hormones are getting to you. We saw each other yesterday, babe," Mitch comforted, as Kirstie sniffled.

"I know," she nodded.

"But yesterday was so long ago," she wanted to say. But she didn't. She could not afford to say something.

     "Speaking of pregnancy, how are you guys doing with the news? I mean, Jeremy, you're clearly excited," Scott grinned, as Jeremy beamed.

     "I'm just happy that I am spending the rest of my life with my beautiful wife and now with my future child," Jeremy pecked Kirstie's cheek, which was now cold, as she remembered that eventually she'd have to tell him she wasn't actually pregnant.

     But today was definitely not the day.
***********************************

     The sun shone between the cottony clouds, the sparkling shine cascading from the ivory puffs down to the lush fields. Magnificent flowers, drizzled in the glowing liquid of light, with silky petals- miraculous oysters of the land, with blossoming buds like glittering pearls, jewels greater than rubies or sapphires. Vivid shades of lilac, flaxen, violet galore; vibrant emerald leaves, strips of jade all around.

Avi was in heaven; even as it wasn't a forest.

His chestnut locks spiraled around his shoulders, flowing loosely down his upper back. He was currently sprawled against the soft grasses, the back of his resting against his arms.

     The soothing harmonies of the grasshoppers chirping and the birds singing swayed him, as he began to hum along with them, humming a bass line to their melodious lullaby.

     Everything was perfect- out here at least. When he was at home, life was nowhere as great. But here, right here, everything seemed fine.

     Except for the fact that his heart still throbbed.

      If he could add one more thing to this heavenly place, he'd add the love of his life.

     Kirstin.

     He sighed sadly at this thought, his fingers tugging at one of the flowers- yes, a rose. A crimson rose, as if painted with blood...perhaps the blood of his soul, for he continued to be in pain.

     He sat up, sitting crosslegged, brushing off the fine soil off of his pants, reaching for the rose again. His fingers gently pulled out the plant from the ground, the thin, lengthy roots thick with mud pasting his fingers. Avi held it by the stem, even as the thorns pricked his soft fingertips, held it to his nose so that he could breathe in the bittersweet fragrance.

     Bittersweet, for it reminded him of her.

     Roses...the last thing he had given her. Roses. Their love. Gone.

     Yet, here was a single rose.

     And it reminded him for once and for all.

     That single rose; it represented their love- no, it represented his love. That he still loved her...even after all this time.

     But- Avi sighed once again- it was too late. She was married. Everything was over.

     "It's over," he told himself aloud.

     "It's over," Avi repeated over and over again, gritting his teeth as tears rolled down his cheeks.

     It became over on this day. Last year. May 12, 2017.

     His fingers, tired and devastated, tore apart the rose, pulling at all the beautiful petals; his ugly actions destroying one of the only beautiful things in the world. Love.

     When he was done, the unrecognizable flower lay lifeless against his palms.

     This is what he had done to himself. He was gone. And now, so was the poor little flower he still loved.
***********************************

     "Hi! Welcome to Superfruit, the best show of the Internet! My name is Jeremy Michael Lewis!"

     "And I'm Kirstin Taylor Maldonado Lewis!" Mitch added excitedly.

     "And together, we're Jerstie, the cutest married couple ever!" They shouted together, as Jeremy howled with laughter.

     Kirstie gulped hesitantly...oh how she wished that her life was simply bad dream. But it wasn't.

     "And today, we decided to bring over our best friends, Scott and Mitch, who are just sooooooooooooo awesome! Honestly the best people ever," Mitch smirked, gesturing for Jeremy and Kirstie to join them on the couch.

     "Hey, I'm Scott," Jeremy snickered, as Kirstie rolled her eyes.

     "Guess that makes me Mitch," Kirstie smiled fakely at the camera.

     She was excited doing a Superfruit with her two best friends, but she wished that she could do it with Avi. Oh well.

     "Anyways, that makes them Scömìche! Moving on, we're going to be doing a challenge for you guys!" Scott declared rather quickly, as if he was rushing to get this thing done. As if he and Mitch were just faking their happiness for the camera, just like Kirstie was.

     "Basically, it's a couple challenge! Because obviously Jerstie is a couple and then people ship Scömìche so why not?" Mitch intoned both jittery and rapidly.

     It took them approximately thirty minutes to do the whole video, which was short to Kirstie, for whenever she had observed them do videos, they would have hours of footage. Like once they had like five hours on tour, since they were just playing around.

     But, that was back in 2015.

     Before everything had changed.

     "Well, that's a wrap," Scott wiped the sweat off of his brow, as Jeremy admitted, "This was the most fun I had in months!"

     Kirstie nodded at this. It was true. If Kirstie was a better wife, then he'd be having extreme fun.

     But, being her pessimistic self (aka the person she was now), she made life boring for the both of them.

     He deserved someone else. Too bad, he didn't think so.

     Maybe, once she tells him the truth, he will understand. And then leave her. For his own good.
***********************************

     Kevin closed the door to his apartment. Gosh, he was exhausted. Recently, working out tired the heck out of him.

     He pulled off his soaking t-shirt, grabbing the spare robe he had left hanging on the coat rack.

     After taking a quick shower and wrapping himself in the white coziness, he plopped onto his couch.

     Thankfully, the TV remote was right beside him, as he pressed the ON button. The TV flickered on, flashing to a random channel- in all honesty, Kevin didn't even want to watch TV.

     All he wanted to do was to continue to be busy. Be busy enough to forget Esther, because apparently even after all these months, he still liked her a whole lot.

     Kevin massaged his temple, as he closed his eyes a few moments later.

     Maybe sleep was the answer.

     Or, maybe not, for the doorbell rang minutes later.

     Kevin yawned, calling out, "I'm coming."

     He opened the door all of a sudden, only to see Esther standing there.

     And to remember the fact that he was only wearing a robe.

     Goodness, he really needed to fix his life.

Hey, I cri at the Kavi part! Anyways, this will be a short A/N, because as you can tell, my bold doesn't work and I only do my A/Ns in bold. Actually it will probably still be long, since idc anymore and Wattpad needs to fix stuff. Anyways, hope u enjoyed! Have a great day or night wherever u are! Goodbyeee! *superfruit theme plays*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

566 25 41
[discontinued due to lack of inspiration and mo longer being in the fandom. Sorry] Fourth book in the Can't Say series. These past few months have be...
7.6K 426 16
"Let it all out and dive deep in, don't worry Go all the way, no fear, don't hide, it's over You must feel lost and kind of scared to let go Bring al...
68.8K 3.9K 29
〝 "scott?" i said quietly, gaining his attention. "hm?" scott mumbled. i sat next to him and we didn't look at each other. "i'm sorry," i said after...
3.7K 173 25
"Mitch's mom left me a letter before she passed away. I just got it today, and I'd like to read it to everyone." I unfold the paper, and I clear my t...