Breathing

By AnnMarie119712

"Jesus! What are you doing" I yelled. "Most people call me Harry, but Jesus is ok too" he smirked. I clutch... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Authors note
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Authors note
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31 PT 1
Chapter 31 PT 2
Chapter 32
Authors Note
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Authors Note
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Authors note
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Authors Note
Chapter 72
Question????
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Authors Note
Chapter 80
Thank You.
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Authors Note
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
PLEASE READ!!!!!!
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Repost of Chapter 89
Epilogue

Chapter 77

67.1K 1.3K 627
By AnnMarie119712

Chapter 77

"Mr. Styles can you hear me? My name is Dr. Patel. Do you know where you are?"

The emergency room. I've been here more times than I'd care to admit in the last year.

"Do you remember what happen to you?"

Yes. I was in a car accident and everything hurts.

"He's not responsive"

Yes I am! I'm talking to you right now!

"Mr. Styles can you feel me touching your leg?"

No because you're not. How about we stop playing 20 questions and you fix me.

"Possible fracture below the left knee. We're going to need X-Ray as soon as possible. Mr. Styles can you hear anything I'm saying to you?" A light was flashed in my eyes. A tall man leaning over me.

I hear everything you're saying. Why can you not hear me?

"Doctor he's crashing"

Crashing? That's a fucked up choice of words right now, don't ya think?

"We're losing him" Someone yelled.

Am I dying? The accident wasn't that bad was it? I broke my nose. Maybe my leg. The darkness clouded my vision again and I was out.

When I woke up it took a few times blinking to realize I was in a hospital room.

"He's awake" I think I heard Charlie say.

"What happen?" I mumbled. The meds they must of given me were still working their magic as my head bobbed trying to stay awake.

"Babe are you in pain?"

"No-not really"

As if on cue my head started pounding.

"My head hurts actually"

"I'll tell the nurse" Niall's face came into view.

"Harry what happen? Do you remember anything?"

"Let him wake up" Charlie whispered.

"Where's that guy?"

"What?"

"The one who-" I couldn't fight the urge to fall asleep any longer.

"What did he say?"

"I don't know"

"Harry? Babe?"

Their voices faded out and I was sucked back into the darkness.

Charlie's POV

"I think he's waking up again" Gemma was already next to Harry's bed. I stood from the couch. Three days we had been waiting. Harry slipping in and out of consciousness. We had only left to shower and change clothes. Harry's dad came by everyday checking on any change, but nothing new. I was grateful he didn't stir up any trouble or find a way to blame me. He was good at that.

"Harry can you hear us? Do you want something to drink?" He nodded and Gemma stepped out of the room.

"Hey" I pushed his hair out of his face. He blinked up at me and offered a small smile.

"I got you some water. The nurse is going to come check on you in a few minutes and then put in an order for something to eat" she held the straw up to his mouth.

"Thanks" his voice was groggy and deeper than usual.

"Niall, Lo and Ed went home to change. They will be back -"

"Ed? Is he ok?" He was more awake now seeming alarmed at the mention of Ed's name.

"Yea. A concussion but overall ok" I smiled. He seemed to relax with this new information. He looked around until his eyes stopped on his leg.

"I'm gonna kill Niall"

"Yea I told him that wasn't a good idea but he insisted it would make you feel better"

"Get them off!"

"I don't know little bro. I think the stickers make you look bad ass " Gemma muffled a laugh.

Harry's left leg was wrapped from mid thigh to mid calf. A black brace over the bandages prevented him from bending it. The surgery to repair his nearly crushed knee was successful and he had a fracture just below it as well. However graduation was only a couple weeks a way and he would be crossing the stage on crutches if at all. His main concern at the moment was the fact that Niall had decorated his brace in Justin Bieber stickers.

"I swear I'm gonna kick his ass" Harry whined.

"Hey he took the time to strategically place those stickers in places you can't reach without bending your leg" I muffled a laugh.

"It's not funny. What about my face? Did I get a new nose? Do I look like a Kardashian now?" He reached up touching the bandage covering the middle of his face.

"Would that be a good thing or a bad thing?" I laughed.

"I haven't decided just let me see" I picked up the small mirror laying on his night stand. He held it up cringing at his bruised face. "I look like Bane"

"You mean Bruce? He's a Jenner not a-"

"No Bane from Batman" he shook his head.

"You sound like him too" Gemma laughed.

"Get out"

"Hey be nice. I'll be playing nurse while Charlie's in class"

"I'd rather fend for myself" he huffed.

"Remember that" she rolled her eyes.

A low knock was heard before the door opened. I expected to see the nurse but Harry's dad stepped in. He wasn't alone though. My eyes felt like they would pop out of my head.

"Mum?" Harry sounded like he didn't believe it himself.

"Harry honey are you ok?" She rushed over wrapping her arms around him as best she could. He attempted to do the same but he was still a bit weak from the accident.

"Mum what are you doing here?" Harry spoke quietly.

"Your dad flew me out. They didn't know if you were going to be ok or not. He wanted to make sure I was here"

"They thought I was gonna die?" He looked to me.

"Harry you stopped breathing right before the ambulance arrived. The doctors had to do CPR twice. You've been out for almost 3 days. You wouldn't wake up after the surgery. They were concerned and told us you may not wake up at all"

"What? It's been 3 days?" He was shocked himself. Those were the longest 3 days of my life. Just sitting and waiting and checking then starting all over again.

"Sweetie why do you have Justin Bieber stickers all over your brace?"

"I can thank Niall for that" he attempted a small laugh.

"Does it hurt? How do you feel?"

"Like shit to be honest. Mum I can't believe you're here" he smiled.

"I don't get a thank you?" His dad finally spoke up.

Harry glanced at his father. Staring for a moment before a low thank you was mumbled. Then turning back to his mom.

"How long are you here for?"

"Couple weeks figured I'd stay for graduation"

"You're gonna stay? So you will see me walk? Well not quite walk I guess" The excitement in his voice was adorable. He hadn't mentioned it too much but I knew he was bummed his mom would most likely not be at graduation.

"Yes! I even have a hotel near your apartment. Gemma booked it for me. She smiled nodding to Harry's sister, who smiled awkwardly as she glanced at her dad.

"Thank you Gemma" Harry grinned.

"No problem little brother"

"Keep calling me little. I'm much taller than you" he laughed.

"Not in a wheelchair you aren't!" Gemma teased pointing to the chair in the corner in case he needed it.

"Whatever-"

"Ladies could I possibly speak with Harry..alone?" His dad interrupted one of the few peaceful moments between Harry and his sister since I'd found out about her.

"Eric I just got here. Can it possibly wait?" Anne frowned. It was so weird how she looks just like Harry. I use to think he got his looks from his dad but seeing his mom in person I figured out otherwise. Their dark hair, same smile, they even frowned the same.

"Why don't you take a few minutes to get to know the...lovely Charlie?" He gestured to me.

There was that fake smile. I knew it couldn't be far. It was threatening and annoying all in the same. His mom nodded turning and smiling at me. I returned the smile and we both moved towards the door. Gemma put her head down as she passed her dad.

"I'd like to speak with you also before I leave"

Gemma eyed him. Seemingly wary of what he might have to say.

"Sure" she nodded before following us into the hall.

Harry's POV

"What did you want to talk about?"

"I wanted to apologize."

"Not accepted send mum back in" he was crazy. All the shit he'd caused and now he thinks he can apologize and it all goes away. He's finally lost his mind.

"Harry listen to me. I know I've said some hurtful things to Charlie and I won't even get started on the things I've done but you have to understand I did them and said them because I love you and I wanted to protect you"

"Bullshit. You're a self centered asshole that hates when things don't go his way. Well dad save the apology for someone else. I don't buy it and I don't want it anyways"

"Son I promise you I did everything for a reason"

"What reason?" He was pissing me off. The meds in my system were starting to ware off. My adrenalin was pumping to hard for it to have an affect any longer.

"Harry you have to understand son-"

"No dad I'm done with all of this. I'm sorry I know you claim to be trying to protect me but I don't need you" I swallowed hard after the words left my lips.

"Harry..." He looked up at me.

"Dad don't. Ed has given me an opportunity that I won't pass up. I'll be making plenty of money to take care of Charlie and Aidan. I'll graduate in a couple weeks and so will Charlie. We can finally start our life and you will not be in the picture to ruin any of it"

"He said he would hurt you and I did everything I could to prevent it, but the love you have for that girl is just too strong. You wouldn't listen to anything I was saying and..."

He rambled on and I was confused by the confessions he was spewing.

"Wait what are you talking about?"

Charlie's POV

"I can't believe I'm finally seeing you in person. You're so beautiful and pregnant" she beamed. I laughed as she hugged me for the fourth time since we had come down to the cafeteria.

"Thank you but I look like I'm smuggling a beach ball under my clothes"

"Well Harry was huge so you look better than I did. You're all stomach unlike me."

We both laughed since it was true. Thankfully I hadn't gained too much weight. Most of my weight gain was in my stomach and chest.

"Gemma how are you doing?" Anne smiled at her ex husbands love child with no signs of judgement. She was a strong woman. The fact he had accused her of of so many awful things and then ended up leading a double life himself. He was such a hypocrite.

"Great. I actually just moved in with Harry and Charlie the day all of this happen" she trailed off shifting in her seat.

"Really? Wow I never saw that coming. You and Harry use to fight like cats and dogs" she laughed.

"Yea I know. We have grown up though"

"That's lovely. I always hoped you two would see past your differences. I use to have to pull you off of each other. Bandage up the scratches and ice the bruises" she laughed.

Gemma smiled politely but I could tell she wasn't happy about being reminded. I quickly attempted to change the subject.

"So Anne I know you aren't excited about the circumstances you came on but I'm sure you're excited about graduation in a couple weeks"

"I'm thrilled to be here for his graduation I was afraid I would have to be skyped in" she teased. "Are you excited to graduate?"

"Yea I mean I also wish it was under different circumstances" I looked down at my stomach smiling.

"Well you will look beautiful up there no matter what" she patted my hands.

"We should probably go check on the boys. Leaving Harry and his dad alone for too long has never had a good result" I laughed.

"It's always been that way. So I know what you mean" she agreed.

Harry's POV

He looked like he had seen a ghost. All the blood draining from his face.

"I um..I should go. I've said way to much"

"What? No dad wait! What do you know?"

"We can talk later. Get some rest"

"Tell me what you know!" The machine monitoring my heart rate was going nuts! If I wasn't in this stupid brace I'd have him pinned against the door ready to confess everything he knows.

"Harry calm down please you're going to get yourself worked up and you know what happens-"

"Well at least I'm at the hospital and they can get me some goddamn oxygen! Fucking tell me what you know or I swear to god!"

"I don't know. I've only received emails and anonymous phone call"

"You don't know a name or anything?" I questioned him.

"Harry if they find out I told you anything they wil-"

"Tell me!" I snapped. I sat up slowly. Wincing as I bumped my leg.

"I can't son you will only be in more danger. You have to leave that girl. He won't stop until you do" he shook his head.

"Who is he? You sound like a fucking pshyco! You're not making any sense!

"Harry you can't trust the people you thought you could. Keep your guard up" he quickly exited the room before I could ask any other questions.

"Dad! Dad wait!" I hit the button sitting my bed up. Reaching for the crutches that were placed next to the nightstand I slowly slid my leg over the edge of the bed. "Ahhh fuck" the ache in my knee felt like it was pulsating. I shook my head ignoring the pain. I swung my good leg off the bed and it was almost just a useless. I had been laying down for way to long. My hands shook as I used the crutches to stand up right.

This brace was awkward and already pissing me off as I tried to maneuver over to the door. When I was only a foot away it opened.

"Harry what are you doing?"

"Sit down!"

"You're going to hurt yourself worse!"

The three of them shrieked and rushed around pulling and guiding me back over to the bed. Charlie gripped the back of the awful gown I was in, holding it together. I hadn't realized I was very naked under the thin fabric.

"Are you crazy!"

"Probably but-" I shrugged

"What were you doing?" Gemma questioned.

"Dad freaked out. He went on about not trusting people and leaving Charlie. Then when I tried to question him he practically bolted out of the room. He made no sense"

"Great so he's back to getting rid of me" Charlie closed her eyes, sighing.

"Did he mention any names?" Gemma eyed me before staring at the floor.

"No. He said he couldn't tell me"

"Harry you mumbled something about a guy the other day. You woke up for literally like thirty seconds and then you were out again. Do you remember?" Charlie seemed curious.

"I did? What did I say?"

"I don't know. You were barely audible. It was like where's that guy or something. You were so out of it nobody knew what you were talking about"

"Yea then you were out again" Gemma moved over to the couch.

"I don't know. I can't remember now"

They nodded dropping the subject. I was now curious to what I was talking about myself.

I only spent a couple more days in the hospital. Once the doctor had cleared me I was released to finish my recovery at home. They insisted on wheeling me out to the car, no matter how much I protested. I saw Charlie's Altima parked with the passenger door open in front of me.

"Is the Range totaled?"

"Impounded right now..they are still investigating."

"For what? It was a car accident" I was confused. Since when were car accidents investigated?

"Well the other car was stolen. The guy killed in the accident was the owner but he wasn't driving. Whoever hit you had jumped in the vehicle and tried to force the driver out at a gas station a few blocks over; but he wouldn't get out. The driver still hasn't been found though"

Gemma put my bags and things in the trunk. While Charlie moved to stand in front of me.

"What does that have to do with the Range?"

"They don't think it was an accident Harry. According to the witnesses the other driver drove directly into you even when you tried to swerve out of the way"

"Why would they-" I paused remembering exactly what happen before I blacked out. The guy approaching the car. His hand around my neck. His threats if I didn't leave Charlie.

"I think it's all silly. It was an accident. Maybe the guy was feeling guilty and thought it was better to crash the car than to go to jail."

I nodded still distracted by my own thoughts.

"What? What are you thinking?" She eyed me.

"No-nothing I'm really tired that's all"

"Well they put you on some serious pain killers so expect long naps" she laughed.

I offered a small laugh so she wouldn't think anything was wrong. Niall walked up taking my crutches from my lap.

"Up you go" he gripped my left arm to help steady me. I hopped the short distance to the open door. Sliding into the front seat. "You want these in the back or what?"

"I'll keep them up here" he handed them to me and I rested them between my legs. He jumped in the backseat with Gemma. Charlie started the car before turning to me.

"Ok I think that's everything. You sure you're ok?" She rested her hand on my arm.

"I'm good. I promise" I grabbed her hand entwining our fingers. She nodded and proceeded to drive home.

"Your mom is coming over with pizza in a little bit. She's been cooking at our place the last couple days. I've gained so much weight."

"I can tell" I laughed.

"Harry! You're not suppose to agree!"

"I might have to keep you pregnant, your boobs are unbelievable" I welcomed the smirk as Charlie glared.

"You're disgusting" She swatted at me.

"What?" I laughed.

"And we were worried you were gonna be all down and depressed but clearly you are your old self" Niall laughed.

"Gotta give the people what they want" I reached over gripping Charlie's thigh.

"Don't even start" she warned.

We laughed making random conversation for the rest of the drive. Charlie pulled to the front of our building and I had never been so happy that we were on the bottom floor. Even though I still had to make my way up the front steps. Niall helped while Charlie found an actual parking. We were to our front door by the time her and Gemma caught up.

"I got it" She pushed her key into the door and stepped in ahead of me as I made my way to the living room.

"Welcome home!" I looked up to a bunch of balloons and smiling faces. Not to many people but all my close friends.

"Ok so the couch is all yours. We don't want to stress you out. So we won't stay long but we wanted to see you and welcome you back home" Lo hugged me.

"Thanks guys" I made my way over to the couch sitting down before propping my leg across the cushions.

"I thought you said he was in a car wreck! Looks like a nose job to me!" Louis smirked.

"Louis I swear you kill me!" Niall doubled over laughing.

"I brought you the latest FIFA. You will be spending a lot of time on this couch so I didn't want you to get bored." Louis tossed me the game.

"Thanks Lou but you know I don't have an xbox right?"

"That's where I come in. I have generously donated my consul for the next month until you are mobile again"

"Yea this brace isn't coming off for like 2 months Niall. Maybe longer"

"Right well hopefully you can get your own xbox by then. I said I was being generous for a month. After that you're on your own." He laughed.

"Asshole!"

"It's the meds talking so I'll let that go" he handed me the controller.

"I'll be bringing your last assignments by. Charlie sent me a list of your professors. Most of them said you were done for the semester, but like 2 have things for you to do"

"I'll be helping you when Charlie's not around. The doctor said to remain on bed rest for another week before trying to get back to your normal routine"

"Thanks guys you're all being so helpful. Lo can you get me a drink?" I smiled resting my hands behind my head.

"Sure" she turned to leave the room.

"Need anything else?" Niall questioned.

"A pillow for my leg. It needs to be elevated"

"No problem man" he disappeared down the hall.

"Charlie could you massage my leg a little. It's feeling a bit stiff"

She leaned over my lap.

"Where? Like here?" She pointed to the area below my brace.

"No above the brace"

"Here?"

"A little higher" she raised her brows catching on.

"Harry!" She smacked my arm.

"What? It's true!" I earned a disapproving head shake before she walked out of the room.

"That was classic mate" Louis let go a laugh he was obviously holding back.

"You're not right" Zayn shook his head at me.

"What? I am a bit...stiff" I snorted and we all laughed.

"I'm back!"

My mum walked into the living room with two large pizza boxes. She sat them down and everybody immediately dug into one box.

"What's in the other one?"

"Oh, Charlie mentioned a mushroom and onion pizza" My mum made a disgusted face.

"She's been eating those for like a month. They are actually starting to smell good" I shrugged.

"Well the other is sausage an pepperoni which do you want?"

"One of each"

"Here's your pillow" Niall launched it at my head.

"Gee thanks" I positioned it under my leg. And my mum handed me a plate with my food.

"I could get use to this. Being waited on hand and foot"

"Don't be obnoxious" she pushed my head before walking out of the room.

"You can't abuse the handicap!"

"How does Charlie put up with you?" She laughed.

~Sorry I know I said just a couple days but I decided to rewrite part of the chapter so it took a little longer :) hope you like it!!! Lots of little twist in this chapter ;) ~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73 1 14
One Direction Fanfic.
9.4K 79 10
Dirty 1D imagines written for your pleasure! I do requests and my own for you to enjoy!
48.2K 1.4K 30
"I need this job. Badly." He paces and looks over to me, biting his lip leaving me hungry for an answer. "Can you play the guitar?" And so it began
1.2M 6.6K 146
These are some really good One Direction Fan Fics you should read.If you like 1D and dont have a fanfic to read then check in here and you might find...