Things you've never had // Ed...

By aida_sheerio

It's been a year since Ed and Chloè saw each other for the last time. What happened in their lives after they... More

Dear reader
Everything has changed
Long time no see
Gas station
Walls of silence
First Interview
And so it begins
Pre-concert
A Phone-call
Her mug on his table
Birthday
Wedding down there
Secret meeting
Bus' rooftop and talk
Memories and sweets
Get to know you
My beautiful mess
Here we are
Family reunion
Childish
Brother's smile
Matt and Matt
A video game
"Morning boner"
A surprise
Tag
It's very nice to see you again
Personal confession
A meeting
A cent for a wish
A hug
Chill center
Fight
Would you kiss me?
Ms. Bitch's part of story
Everything's okay
The day F
Leaving
Finally New York
The end

On the way

144 11 6
By aida_sheerio

Hi there, dear readers! Here's another chapter and I really hope you'll leave a vote and maybe a comment on this chapter! :)
Remember: any kind of feedback is more than important here! :)
Enjoy this chapter! ;)
********

After a half an hour later we found us in the car on the highway, slowly passing by other cars on their way to anywhere they needed to drive.

Ed was quietly sitting on the seat next to me and playing some stupid game on his smartphone.

What was really weird to me is why isn't Cherry hitting on him with messages and calls...

I was quiet too and this time not because Ed pissed me off, just because my courage was slowly falling appart and with every mile we drove I was getting more and more stressed and scarred by what am I doing.

The car radio was quietly playing some slow sad music in the backround and if I wasn't so lost in my past I'd turn it off cause that's never good to listen to sad music in the mood like this.
But unfortunately I didn't have the power to turn it off, instead of it I slowly let myself drag into another childhood memory..

It's here the first day of school and dad is surprisingly kind the last few days as if he really changed for us as he used to say our mum anytime he's sober.
He drove us to school and then left with a smile on his face.
I was so happy because of it, in my 7 years I couldn't imagine anything else but that dad has finay changed to good.

"Do you think daddy will be still so good when we'll arrive home?" I asked Matt, looking up to see his face.
But he wasn't smiling, he took a long look at my face, probably wondering whether or not to tell me the ugly truth.

"Let's go. We need to find you the best place in your class." He said then with a fake smile on his face as he grabbed me around my tiny shoulders, pulling me to the school building.

***

The school day was unexpectedly quick and passed by sooner than I could even think about it and when our teacher Mrs. Pier let us go I let myself flow with the crowd of my classmates out of our class.

"Closhy!" I heard the amazing a bit cracked voice of Matt and it was like a symphony for my ears.
I turned around and saw him.
He was leaned against the school locker an up-to-no-good smile playing on his lips as he crossed his arms on his chest.

"Matt!" I screamed with my high voice running through the crowd to him, he caught me and raised me on his arms as if I wasn't heavier than a leaf.

"Let's go to grandma's. How was your first day at school?" Matt asked me with the same husky smile as always, carrying me on his arms out of the school building.

During our journey to grandma's and back to the bus station I had talked about every little detail about my first day at school, Matt was walking next to me and actually seemed interested in what was I saying.

"I'd love to buy an ice cream." I sighed suddenly when we were passing by Ice cream shop.

"We don't have money." Matt answered to me and grabbed my tiny little hand.

"We have money! Granny gave us some money!" I said honestly with a courage of little child.

Matt took a long look at me, guess he was wondering why am I like this.
Thenhe just sighed as he pulled out of pocket of his denim jeans his wallet.
We entered the ice cream shop.

"Choose whatever ice cream you wanna." He smiled at me.

"Really?" I asked, absolute surprise striked my body.
This never happened before.
And of course I went for the yummiest and expensive one, I was a child so don't mind me..

When we finally made it home, dad was drunk already and immediately snapped on us to give him those money grandma gave us.

"Father, granny didn't gave us any money." Matt said as bravely as he was able to and squeezed my arm to stop me from speaking.
Unfortunately I was just a kid unable to understand why should I stay quiet so I said with the voice of pure innocence where's Matt's pocket money.

Dad didn't say a word.
He slowly stood up and made a step towards his only son.
And then it all happened, quicker than I'd expect..

That day three things happened, Dad broke Matt's arm, we moved into another strange city and I learned why is it so important to keep my mouth shut...

"Chloè!" Ed suddenly yelled, bringing me back from my bittersweet memories to find out we were highly over the speed limit and as I took a look into driver's mirror I saw a police car haunting us.

"Have you ever seen Intouchables?" I asked Ed with tension while I was parking the car on the side of the road.

"Um..yeah...why?" He asked, nervous and confused by what was just happening.

"Okay. You remember the scene on the very start? The one with that spasm?" I asked again as I took another look into driver's mirror just to see that the policeman was almost by the side of our car.

"Yes. But why?" Ed frowned at me but before he could do anything I split some water from the water bottle on his face.

"What the-"

I bumped him to the shoulder just to make him stop and snapped at him quietly.

"Pretend you have a spasm!"

After that I turned to the window and pulled it down just to look into sharp light of the lamp the policeman had in his hand.

He greeted us and it was so pleasant to hear French again.

I started to brief him about what's going on and why I crushed the speed limit, he pointed his light on Ed and I turned to him too.
And stayed still in shock, he was so amazing actor even I almost believed him.
He was shaking uncontrollably, his eyes were as if he didn't have any iris, just white eyeballs and saliva foam in the corner of his mouth.

It happened just like in Intouchables, but fortunately not with that escort effort.

"What was that?!" I screamed from excitement as soon as we were finally on our way again.

"I don't fucking know! But I'm bloody wet!" Ed screamed back with laughter, adrenaline was moving with his body.

"There's a tshirt in the back of this car, I brought one just in case something like this would happen." I said still with that amused smile on my face as I was slowly getting our car over the speed limit again.

"Something like what? You had a clue this would happen or what?" Ed laughed sarcastically and took down his wet tshirt.

Okay okay okay! I stared at him through the driver's mirror, but what can I say?! I'm just a human too!
And to be fucking honest with you I've never been more satisfied with what I saw, his muscular and inked body was like a magnet for my eyes and when he turned to the back of the car and all his muscles tensed under his inked skin I couldn't help but let my jaw wide open. Jeeeez!!

Suddenly I felt a need to touch his inked skin, it was so strong my fingertips started to itch.
I wrapped my fingers around the steering wheel so tightly I almost saw how all my blood is flowing away from them.

"Chloè!" Ed suddenly snapped at me, shock all over his face and I immediately blushed cause I though he saw me starting at him.

But to my surprise he went on with why he snapped at me and it definitely wasn't because of me enjoying a view on his body.
Thanks God.

"How did you mean that 'in case something like this would happen'?!" He asked as he put on that dry grey T-shirt with long sleeves.

I breathed out heavily as a little grin ran over my face and I wasn't able to look away from the road.

"You have a driving license, right?" Ed asked very slowly but didn't get any response from me.

"You have a driving license, right?!" This time he almost screamed it at me, totally freaked out.

"And if I don't?" I asked quietly while I was trying to hide how much I wanted to laugh right now.

Ed was quiet for a while, totally shocked by me. He was probably just wondering what in the hell did he do to be killed in a car with an emotionally unstable girl with no driving license.

I lit up a cigarette, ready to stop the car if he wanted to, but then he did something what made me totally speechless.
He started to laugh.

"You are fucking incredible!" He a half yelled at me with loud and liberating laughter.

And I had to laugh with him. There wasn't any other way.

"Would you mind to give me a cigarette?" Ed asked, still unable to stop laughing as he grabbed my cigarette pack.

"Mr. Sheeran if you want to smoke then buy your own cigarettes!" I snapped at him in jest and did an overtake.

"Driving license?" Ed raised his eyebrows significantly as he lit up his cigarette.

"Shut up!" I snapped at him.

Then we broke out in another wave of laughter and I was sure we had to be heard all over the highway...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5K 214 15
It was one of those nights she felt empty and tired of all those shits... And it was one of those nights when he felt broken and alone... How it will...
5.2K 259 17
Taylor finds herself in love with Ed after the Red tour. When he brokes up with his girlfriend Claire, Taylor travels to his house in Suffolk, planin...
Fall By Megan

Fanfiction

2.8K 78 30
When you know each other for so long it's hard not to develop feelings. Feelings that will make you feel like you're floating on a cloud whenever you...
4.6K 363 28
Waking up next to stranger, Getting to know a best friend, Losing a lover. Are they able to find back to each other? Even if they are Universes apart?