Deceiving Veils

By LettingYouIn

About a time when anarchy took over a place where once order prevailed. She being daughter of the one whose d... More

Prologue
Chapter-1 {Other side of the fence}
Chapter-2{The bitter}
Chapter-3 {Fragile}
Chapter-4{Not that word}
Chapter-5 {Contrasting Confrontations}
Chapter-6{Haze}
Chapter 7{Two loose ends}
Chapter-8{Whys}
Chapter-9{Promise?}
Chapter-10{Undefined stakes}
Chapter-11{An end or a beginning}
Chapter-12{Standing at door of dark chamber}
Chapter-13{Hers to walk}
Chapter-14{Unfolding}
Chapter-15{Veils}
Chapter-16 {Shutting you out}
Chapter-17{This ain't getting solved}
Chapter-18 {It's Nothing}
Chapter-19{Stakes and a life}
Chapter-20{She has to}
Chapter-21{Not now, Not ever}
Chapter-22{That sweet tension}
Chapter-23{Helpless intrusions}
Chapter-24{I don't want to talk}
Chapter-25{Equations and complexities}
Chapter-26{Sweet Tantrums}
Chapter-27{Turning back the clock}
Chapter-28{Before the storm}
Chapter-29{Defying the Dark}
Chapter-30 {The furnace}
Chapter-31{Amendments}
Chapter-32{Unrest}
Chapter-33{Storming}
Chapter-34{A good night}
Chapter-35{A little more snarled}
Chapter-36 {Symphony}
Chapter-37{Intersection point}
Chapter-38{Fire and Ice}
Chapter-39{From the ashes}
Chapter-40{A fire shall be woken}
Chapter-41 {Cold harsh ground}
Chapter-42{We see the light}
Chapter-43{Won't ever let you go}
Chapter-44{Bridge Of Eyes}
Chapter-45 {An abode and loose ends}
Chapter-46{Sealing the gaps}
Chapter-47{A day of dawns}
Chapter-48{Pull and Push}
Chapter- 49{Battle of flames}
Chapter- 50{Taming the heat}
Chapter-51{It's not what it seems}
Chapter-52{Days without nights}
Chapter-53{ Travail of inception}
Chapter-54{A Turning Point}
Chapter-55{Sweet knots which ache sour}
Chapter-56 {Into the murk}
Chapter-57 {Alternate Tophet}
Chapter- 58{will-o'-the-wisp}
Chapter-60 {Warrior princess and a knight}
Chapter- 61{Ghosts of Boneyard}
Chapter - 62{Everything and nothing}
Chapter-63 {Bare Souled }
Chapter -64{Nowhere else to be}
Chapter- 65{And It starts}
Chapter-66-A{Day and night}
Chapter-67 {Surfacing wounds}
Chapter- 68{Before he fastens it}
•| TEASER |•
Chapter-69 {Soft Snowflakes}
Chapter -70 {Metamorphosis}
Author's Note

Chapter-59{ Sweet vengeance}

2.6K 281 98
By LettingYouIn

Nandini followed Manik with a blanch face, she didn't know what was next. There were four men standing outside their dorm, clouds had started to block the sun. That man who tried to molest Nandini last night looked at her distatstfully and Nandini's demeanor stiffened. He seemed to be in trouble with digesting the insult Nandini had thrown at him last night. Manik waited for those damned faces to speak something but it seemed like they all were busy doing some calculations. Manik turned around to see somewhat troubled face of Nandini as he read salacious gaze of that man who had done nothing but stare Nandini from the moment he had come here. 

"What?" Manik's careless tone brought Nandini out of her chain of thoughts. It wasn't intended towards her, he was summoning those hooligans. He was standing there challenging the summon of self-proclaimed kings of that wrecked kingdom. Place was stinking to death. 

Man with broadest built stepped up and walked to Manik. His eyes scanned the audacity of rough man who hadn't have an ounce of fear while calling out for death-mongers. That man chuckled as he finished scrutinizing Manik. Turning around, he laughed looking at his mates who joined the parade just to support their friend. Manik's face remained true to his heart, cold. It was difficult to get anything out of that frigid face unless and until it was about that lady who stood behind him with a worry eating her. Manik could feel her growing nervous with each passing second. 

"Who are you?" That crooked man asked trying to hover Manik. 

"He's with us," Nandini replied unsure of what words would come out of Manik's mouth, she was sure they wouldn't be nice. 

"A man for whom a wench speaks," That man ridiculed and Manik's jaw clenched. 

"I am sure he puts that tongue in use for some better purpose," That remark got returned with a blow on face which for sure had taken out one or two of his teeth. 

Gasps filled the air as people witnessed something forbidden. New man in colony had hit the right hand of their master. Joy building inside was way too overpowering that they couldn't help anticipating another round of it. Those men were heartless morons who only knew language of torture. Each commoner standing there was a victim who prayed for nothing more than a salvation. 

"How dare you..." That man barked while reaching for Manik's neck. Before he could execute the desired, another punch awarded his face with the rightful. That man fumbled in his steps while his fellows found it apt to take out the guns. In a minute, place had turned into a packed battleground. Aryan who had just returned with packets of food froze to his place as he saw the scenario. He couldn't believe that Manik had might to turn every situation so unfavorable. 

"What's happening here?" He asked unsure. Those guns didn't go down but those eyes did flicker to look at Aryan. 

"Go inside, Nandini," Manik said in low cold tone. 

Nandini who was too lost in debility of situation couldn't quite catch what Manik had asked. Aryan took the hint rightaway and put the packets in hand on rock beside. He needed to be away. He knew Manik was about to ruin this for all of them. 

"I said Go inside, Nandini," Manik hollered this time making Nandini flinch in her place. She could feel her throat going dry as she nodded. She wasn't sure where this situation would lead. 

Stepping inside the shabby shack, she looked at Aashi urgently. 

"They have guns," She revealed the part which was eating her sanity bit by bit. Terror in her eyes was only thing Aashi could read. 

It was like Nandini was fighting multiple battles inside. Her feet had heard the command of Manik but her heart was foreboding at her timidity. She shook her head and turned around to go out but then she saw a glimpse of Manik for a second before he bolted the door from outside. 

"Nooooooooooo" She cried but it was too late. 

She beat that door mercilessly for someone to open it. An utterly scared Jas stood in corner. His eyes showed how much feared he was with everything which was about to follow. Manik spared him a glance as he walked towards center. 

"Don't open the door," Manik warned as he passed by. Jas gulped and looked at door behind which Nandini was. 

__________________

"You have messed up with wrong people," Man who had taken wound of two punches spoke clutching Manik's jaw between his fingers. 

"Lower those eyes," That man demanded as Manik kept staring into his eyes unabashed. As Manik refused to oblige, a punch met his jaw making him gulp his own blood. Gasps filled the air and Nandini tried to make out what was that. 

"Don't," Aashi pleaded as Nandini beat that door endlessly.

"You'd just be used as a bait there, Nandini. Stop fighting it," She added dreading. Nandini's eyes turned a bit more damp as she tried to deal so many stakes at a time. 

"Nobody puts his hand on me...nobody," That man barked and again hit Manik in face. Crowd who was secretly wanting this showdown now wanted to retreat back to their dorms. They didn't have courage to witness one more murder. 

"Really?" Manik asked spitting the glob of blood. His lips formed a simper as he scowled at that coward. 

"That's why you have cuffed my hands so that no one knows how you've been telling a lie," Manik mocked him. That didn't earn him anything but another blow on face. He was being reduced to his knees but he stood taller enough to face the hooligans. 

"Accept it you are coward," Manik spit in his face. 

That man looked around to see if his people had taken Manik's words in any way and found something other than pity in their eyes for that man. It wasn't rue for sure. It was some kind of hope from that man who was still scowling at him. He shook his head denying the fact. He knew he couldn't let this happen. It had taken him and his master weeks to tame those people, to instill fear so deep. He couldn't let a fool who mixed himself with a knight ruin it all. 

"Untie him," He commanded one of his mates. 

"What?" His friend asked again unsure if he had heard it right. 

"I said open his hands," He barked and Manik's lips formed a curve so lethal. His trick seemed to work so fine. 

Manik got up and wiped the blood off his lip. 

"10 minutes," That man said confidently. 

"It won't take that long," Manik replied with a knowing smile. 

"Ask your pets to wait for their turn and keep their noses out," Manik demanded and that man looked at his mates. 

"It's just you and me," He assured ensuring his own defeat. 

Manik took out his coat and threw it in farthest corner. 

_________________

Loud gasps touched Nandini's ears and she cried in frustration. 

"Manik," She called out as loud as she could but it seemed like she was locked inside the farthest corner of earth. 

Aashi looked at that anxious figure helplessly. She couldn't feel more bad for that girl who had been learning nothing but pain these days. 

"Calm down, Nandini," Aashi said lowly only to get inaudible to Nandini. 

"He won't ever understand," Nandini replied on verge of breaking down. 

"He won't ever stop putting me through this," She stated while Aashi tried to understand what Nandini was trying to say. She was too weak to stand on her feet and reach out for that troubled girl. 

"Believe me, he will be fine. I know my brother," Aashi tried to ensure her. She was taking aim in dark. 

"He won't ever know what it feels like," Nandini cried as she sat on broken stool. Closing her eyes, she freed all those tears which she had kept prisoners till now. Flashes of him walking to her with a bullet in his flesh came in front of her eyes and she snapped them open. Her breaths going uneven, she got up and walked to door again. 

____

That man cried in pain as Manik twisted his arm so bad that it seemed like it would come out any moment. Clutching his neck from other arm, Manik brought that man to his knees. It was three minutes since that face-off was going on.

"Let me go, please," That man pleaded in a whisper. 

"Say that loud enough and I would," Manik replied darkly and gripped his neck more firmly. That man struggled under his merciless grip and tried to give a fight. His eyes flickered to his mates telling them to do the needful. In no time, two of his mates attacked Manik. Demurrals started to fill the air and that was time for those hoodlums to taste the bitter. 

"Hey...that's cheating."

"This is downright tyrannies."

"You promised."

Sound of dissent had raised its head. Nandini tried to hear out what that uproar was about. Her heart was pounding against the wooden door. She didn't cry anymore. She was just so alert trying to make out something out of those voices. 

"He is a sore loser...cheater," Jas was taking part in provoking that murmuring crowd. His sunken spirit was somewhat risen now seeing Manik beating blue out of those men. Out of sudden, Manik seemed a potential crème de la crème to Jas. He wanted to have a swag like him. 

Manik didn't loosen his grip even when those men tried their best to separate him from their friend. His grip remained callous and that man cried out in pain. 

"I give up," His words came out like a last cry as he bent his knees. 

"Let go," His pleads brought a temporary quiet in that colony as people gaped Manik with new found hope. Their faces transitioned between shock and delight as they all saw their convict giving up while choking under grip of Manik. 

"Please," That man struggled to keep his eyes open, his body started to feel heavy. Manik let go of his neck and threw him on ground. Looking around, he called out for rest of them. There wasn't a word spoken thereafter. None of those hoodlums tried to step up. They all just gaped Manik with a terror they didn't want to acknowledge. 

"Clear the path."

Manik heard someone commanding. People hurriedly made way for someone. Their steps so hastened and scared that they fumbled while making way. Two muscly men stomped inside the herd while someone a bit older walked behind them. Manik's eyes tried to do the calculations. He was ready for another round but that wasn't needed. Those men didn't charge on him. The older man who seemed to be someone with leverage spared a glance over man whom Manik had choked to unconsciousness. Sparing him a pitiful glance, that man moved his eyes to land them on Manik. His face stiffened for a second but soon got replaced with something illegible. he walked to Manik while Manik wrapped a dirty cloth around his knuckles. 

"I liked it," That man spoke up and a dubious smile followed. His hands were behind his back tightly while his face so calm. 

"I liked what you did," He added looking at his injured man. 

"So you breed these assholes," Manik uttered only with intention to provoke the ringmaster. 

That man laughed aloud and then looked at Manik in awe. 

"Got a big mouth?" He asked playfully while Manik averted his gaze in fury. 

"I have a taste for soldiers like you," That man said holding Manik's shoulders. Manik scowled at him in return. 

"Work for me. His place...I want you to work for me," That man presented the propositions. 

"I have no time for assholes like you," Manik barked in his face while freeing his shoulders and added, "I am not a pet."

Features of that man hardened for a second or two before he sighed deep. Manik turned around to leave the place. 

"I assure you food, place and a lot of money if you work for me," That man said aloud and Manik halted in his place. 

"Answer is still no. We are leaving tonight," Manik answered curtly and walked towards dorm. Jas followed Manik enthusiastically. 

"That was too good," He chirped while Manik's steps quickened to meet the person on other side of door. He couldn't wait to see Nandini. 

________________________

Nandini felt someone unbolting the door and her worn off patience died at doorstep itself. She was more than afraid to see what was on other end. Door opened and she saw Manik standing there. He entered the dorm nudging her a little and closed the door. His eyes met hers as he turned around and he knew a storm was on way. 

She took one hastened step and cuddled into him. Her hands clutched side of his vest tightly while head rested on his heart. Manik immediately collected her vulnerable figure into arms. Her warm tears soaked his vest but he didn't hear her cry. She was too quiet. 

"I am fine," He answered and her body tensed immediately. He had broken the trance. 

She parted herself as next thing and looked at him with nothing else but utter umbrage. Her eyes were red while nose flared as she looked at him. 

"I wouldn't have cared less," She spat in his face and walked in darkest corner of that shredded shack. Manik's eyes floated in realization for a second or two before he looked at Aashi. She shook her head stamping his guess. Manik closed his eyes knowing how he had again done something she had asked him not to pull on her ever. 

His feet worked on their own towards that damned corner where she had chosen to hide herself. A small window bestowed some light on her pained face as she looked outside. 

"I am...." He tried to speak but she walked away so quick that he couldn't even complete. Opening the door, she stormed outside to seek some peace. Jas who was standing at doorstep saw Nandini walking ever so furiously towards somewhere. He peeped inside to see a worried Manik looking at her direction. Jas didn't know what was wrong but he chose to follow Nandini. Manik's fist clenched in something unknown seeing her going away. 

People looked at her curiously as she walked amid them. She couldn't care less. She was too disoriented to notice agog in their eyes. She couldn't believe Manik had done exact same thing which he had done back at her house. She was wrong assuming how he regarded her feelings. She had believed all this while that he had taken her words serious about not putting his life on stake every freaking time he could. But she was wrong. He wouldn't ever stop putting her through hell. 

"Nandini," Jas called her out but she was too distracted to listen. 

"Stop," Jas yelled and Nandini turned around to see him reaching her. 

Jas caught some breaths before he spoke, "Where are you going?" 

"Go back, Jas," Nandini commanded after gathering a little of herself. 

"I want to be alone," She stated and walked away. 

___________________

Dark of night had started to knock the sky. Nandini looked around and found how mist was taking over. She sighed deep before she decided to return. She had been sitting near lakeside since an hour or so. She had lost track of time. She had gone to meet her father whom they had hid in a ruin in forest. After spending some time with him, she had returned to vicinity of colony. She didn't want to attract unwanted trouble for her father. She was glad none followed her, she wouldn't have liked it. Manik was the last person she wanted to see at the moment and she was somewhat relieved how he hadn't barged into her knocking her space out. She was in no state to give an ear to that imprudent man. 

Walking back to colony, she saw few people walking in outskirts. None of them seemed to pay her attention. Dark was saving grace. She entered a tight lane and saw people trying to bring the night. Supper was getting ready and mood was dull. She kept her gaze from wandering too much and focused on reaching her dorm. She prayed she doesn't forget the way back. Entering into comparatively wider pathway, she looked around to find lesser people. An unknown fear crept in. Keeping aside whispers of night, Nandini kept walking as fast as she could. She hadn't gone much farther when she sensed someone was following her. She turned around to clear the doubt and saw a figure trying to hide away far away. Smoke and mist made it almost impossible to see through. She wasn't even sure if there was someone or she had started to hallucinate. Nandini resumed her walk and again that feeling crept in. Someone was surely walking behind her. She couldn't dare to turn around this time and kept walking. Her walk changed into a run, she didn't even realize. As she took one sharp turn, someone seemed so close to her. Nandini shrieked and looked back. Someone was right behind her. Before she could cream, a hand covered her mouth. 

"Shhhhhh" A feminine voice tried to calm her down. Nandini could make a contour out of that figure. It was some lady. That lady grabbed her somewhere while covering her mouth. Reaching a secluded corner, grip over Nandini's mouth loosened. Nandini exerted all her strength to come out of that hostile embrace. 

"Who are you?" She shouted taking two steps back in haste. 

A little light bathed face of that lady. Nandini's uneven breaths didn't help her judgement. That lady seemed to be familiar but her face was too ached. She had bruises on her cheek, dark circles under her eyes, it looked like she had been under a lot. Nandini's pacing heart calmed down a bit, maybe sensing the vulnerability of opponent. 

"You look familiar," Nandini mumbled trying to remember where she had seen that woman. 

"Ms Murthy," That lady finally spoke looking around to ensure no one was watching them. Nandini's throat went dry as she heard that title. Someone had recognized her and that called for trouble. 

"It's me...Anita Raichand," Lady spoke trying to introduce herself. Nandini's nerves tightened trying to recall the name. She had heard it somewhere, she had even seen her somewhere. 

"I am wife of Minister Raichand," That lady spoke and that's when clouds dispersed. Nandini's mind felt this gush of air as she finally made out where she had seen Anita. 

"Mrs Raichand, I remember you meeting last year," Nandini said taking a step towards her. Her hands clutched Anita's hands in elation. 

"Thank God you recognized me," Anita said taking a relieved breath. 

"What are you doing here?" Anita asked looking around apprehensively. 

"It's not safe here for you. They all are looking for you...You must not stay here," Anita spoke pressing Nandini's hand. 

"They won't recognize me," Nandini ensured but Anita seemed to be in some sort of trauma as she kept looking around. 

"Mrs Raichand, How come you are here? And these bruises?" Nandini finally asked. Anita seemed to go pale at question. Her gaze touched ground as she tried to answer that. 

"These people are not human...you must not stay here," Anita didn't answer but replied with something else. 

"You don't know how happy I am after seeing you here," Nandini tried to put her point. 

"Where is Minister Raichand? You don't know how big of lead this is for me, I cannot wait to meet him. He can help us," Nandini kept talking even when Anita's face kept turning even paler. 

"He isn't here," Anita replied lowly. 

"What do you mean he isn't here?" Nandini asked unsure. 

"This is not safe here. He vanished one day and never came back," Anita said trying to form a sentence without breaking down. 

"I don't understand," Nandini asked not getting a thing. 

"They tortured him badly, he didn't give up. One day he eloped and never came back," Anita told in a broken tone. 

"They say he is dead. I don't believe it," She added. Nandini's eyes seemed to catch the wet as she looked at Anita. 

"They wanted his signature, he didn't give in," Anita kept on saying. Her sobs filled the quiet. Nandini's thumb caressed Anita's knuckle as she heard her cry. 

"He stayed loyal to Mr Murthy," Anita added proudly and Nandini hugged her tightly. 

"You must leave from here," Anita said breaking the hug. 

"I don't want you and your friends to suffer like that man," She said vaguely and Nandini's brow furrowed trying to understand the reference. 

"Which man?" She asked. 

"They brought a man few days back from North. I don't know much. He is in bad condition. That bastard...Miraj...he blabbered one night when he was drunk that they were torturing a man...they would do the same to you," Anita revealed and Nandini's mind only drew out one blind assumption. 

"Aabid Bhai...." She mumbled and then tried to ponder over her deduction, "it can be Aabid Bhai..."

"Go now..." Anita's urgent plea brought Nandini out of her thoughts. 

"Someone is coming...it can be Miraj," She stated trying to get rid of Nandini's hold. 

"No, I won't leave you here. Come with me..." Nandini said trying to drag her along. 

"No..I can't. He would hunt me down. He must be drunk and would need me..." She stated, disgusted. 

"Is he the one who gave you these wounds?" Nandini asked looking at her bruises. 

"It isn't the time. I will meet you before you leave...If time favors," Anita said and walked away as fast she could. Nandini kept standing there trying to process each new detail. 

She looked around and found some contours strolling. Place was darker than the night itself. She hurried in her steps and walked towards the dorm. She still had to cover few meters. 

_____________

Nandini could see dim light in their dorm as she almost ran towards it. Some unknown scare was making her pores prick. As she almost reached the door, she saw Manik jumping off the large rock beside mouth of their shack. His eyes looked worried but then turned frigid as Nandini looked into them. His steps turned menacing and he charged towards her. Nandini kept looking at him till he reached her and clutched her forearms so tightly. 

"Where were you? You have any idea how sick worried I was?" He asked through his teeth. Nandini's blank gaze turned irate as she heard him. 

"I don't think so I owe you an answer," She jerked his hands away and started to walk towards dorm. Manik pursed his lips in irritation and yanked her back. Her back met his hard torso. 

"I am so..." He again tried to complete what he couldn't last time but she elbowed him hard in stomach to get an escape. 

"I don't need your lies," She spat in his face and walked inside. 

Manik raked his fingers through his hair as he realized he had never seen her that angry. 

Following her, he closed the door. 

Everyone was relieved seeing Nandini there. 

"You have any idea how worried sick we were," Aashi said getting up. Nandini walked to her with a smile and hugged her. 

"I am sorry," Nandini mumbled as she broke the hug. She could feel an annoyed gaze pricking her back. 

"We are leaving in wee hours. Get ready," Manik said coldly as he walked to the small window. 

"We aren't leaving this place tonight," Nandini reverted and Manik looked at her as if she had uttered something very doltish. 

"I think Aabid Bhai is around," Nandini answered his questioning gaze. 

"What?" Aryan stood up and walked to her. 

"How do you know?" Aashi asked. 

"I met someone I knew on my way back to dorm," Nandini divulged. 

"She mentioned about a captive man from north," She added. Aashi's eyes twinkled with hope. 

"It can be anyone," Manik spoke up and Nandini glared him. 

"Exactly, It can be Aabid Bhai too," She retorted calmly. 

"We won't stay at this dodgy place one more night," Manik declared owing to his nature to command. 

"I am not leaving," Nandini dared. 

"You won't stay here, Nandini," Manik too announced. 

"You are no one to dictate me. The one who cannot ever regard me, has no right to decide for me," Nandini spoke bitterly. Manik's lips twitched as he tried to contain his anger. 

A painful silence prevailed in room as none knew what to speak. 

"We must give it a try. Aabid Bhai deserves it," Aashi finally said lowly. Her eyes tried to sense Manik's reaction. She didn't want to annoy her brother while she was supporting Nandini. 

Nandini smiled at her even when it didn't mean anything. She was way too disturbed for any relief to flood in. 

"FINE," Manik barked and walked towards door. 

He stopped at door to look at Nandini. She was already looking at him, his eyes were somewhat ached and it wasn't for himself. He was gulping the flare of her ire. He knew he had upset her so bad this time. He didn't know how to make it alright. he left the dorm and Nandini's stern gaze collapsed. Her entire demeanor dropped owing to a feeling she couldn't name. She was tired fighting him but nothing seemed to go right for them. 

_________________

It was past midnight and Nandini was walking out of colony all draped in a shawl. She looked back and saw Manik walking just a few steps behind. His eyes were roaming around like a hawk to catch every danger before it touches her. Her heart filled with familiar warmth but she gulped it down. They were going to forest to see her father. He was all alone there in cold. She couldn't let him be there. They were going to try to bring him here. 

Wood crackled under her feet as she stepped on it. Night was hauntingly beautiful. Mist was shading the dark with white and moonlight was the catalyst. Nandini sighed in unknown peace. Manik's warmth was a constant as she walked. He was right behind her. Her heart screamed how she must look at him once. But mind denied, it knew she would give in the moment those frigid eyes melted seeing her. The thought train costed her and she fumbled in her step as her feet got tangled in a loop. Before she could even gasp, a pair of arms encircled her. 

"Watch your foot," He whispered and she nodded. His hands denied to leave her waist bone and he pulled her softly. 

Nandini didn't protest just to know what he was going to do to make her forget her anger this time. She was surely getting distracted, more of she was choosing to get distracted. 

"I am sorry," He finally was able to complete what she wasn't letting him. 

She didn't reply but turned a bit taut.

"You are not," She answered and his arm encircled her belly from behind. 

"I am," His plea was urgent. 

"If you were, you wouldn't have done what you did this noon," She replied bitterly. 

He sighed tired and pulled her more into himself. 

"They could hurt you, I couldn't risk it," He stated innocently. 

"They could hurt you, even I wouldn't have risked it," She replied calmly but coldly. 

Her hands tried to undo his grip. He didn't seem to fight. Nandini could sense his turmoil. He was sorry, she knew. 

"I cannot undo it," He said, his lips touching her hair. 

"All I know is, Manik...you would not hesitate to repeat it," She stated and he sighed. It was true. 

"That's true," He said coldly and let go of her. He couldn't lie, he would do it every time she was at risk. 

Nandini's head ached and a pang hit her chest. 

"Why? Whyyyy?" She scried out in irritation and turned around finally to look at him. 

"You won't understand, Manik. You won't. Until and unless I put you through it," She said with a tired face. 

His face twitched at mention of it and he yanked her closer. His arm encircled her waist tightly and his other arm pulled her to his chest. Nandini's hands got trapped between chasm of their bodies. Her eyes didn't leave his. His breaths hit her nose and she knew he was about to make her forget why they were fighting. 

"That won't happen ever," He nailed each word and kissed her forehead. 

"And I will do anything you want for you to forgive me," His words were honest. His breaths fanned her mouth. 

"Anything?" She asked amused at blank promise. 

"Anything," He whispered over her lips. 

"You will comply to everything I say till we find Aabid bhai," She was in hurry to lay her condition. 

"Agreed," He said and his lips met hers for a fraction of second before she pushed him. Her face didn't have anger anymore, it had a sense of power. She was loving something. She smiled a bit as his expression got read as annoyed at sudden lack of contact. 

"And I say, we shall reach my father at earliest, I am so sleepy," She demanded. This was going to be fun. 

Manik frowned and she giggled. His frown disappeared as he heard that sweet music. She turned around flapping her arms in air. He tugged her back and wrapped her own arms around her belly. 

"At your service, Princess," He murmured in her ear and lifted her in arms. 

"We will reach quickly like this," He justified his action as she glared him. That glare game didn't last for long. Putting her head on his collar bone, Nandini encircled her arms around his neck. 

"I am going to make you regret so hard," She said vengefully, sound of it was sweeter than ever. 

He chuckled and kissed her head. 

"I can't wait," He said and she closed her eyes. 

_____________________

Highly Unedited* 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

875K 39.3K 44
***HIGHEST RANKING IN VAMPIRE*** #3 - 26-9-2018 #4 - 13-8-2018 and 23-09-2018 #5 - 29-8-2018 and 5-9-2018 "What happened?" It's all I can muster at t...
82.4K 4.9K 50
| COMPLETED | ~ | Chapters are being Edited | #Wattys2020 ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~~•~~•~•~~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~• He was a soldier, running towar...
185K 8K 45
Book #2 in The Bonds of Fate series "I-I'm s-s-sorry." She wept bitterly, the tears flowing down her cheeks in an uncontrollable stream. "I c-can ne...
68 1 14
It all started with a confession. They vowed to love each other for the rest of their lives. To be with each other's side through thick and thin. The...