Love & War (Completed)

By ImJustReese

SEQUEL to 'Waiting For Mr. Left' **This is Book Two of the Fighting Temptation Series.** Bruce and Alexis are... More

Copyright Β©
Ch 1: Fu** Love, This is War
Ch 2: Truth Is...
Ch 3: Repairing the Broken
Ch 4 Face Your Fears
Ch 5: My Name is Payback, and I'm A...
Ch 6: When The Levee Breaks Pt 1
Ch 8: Black & Noke, Better than Rum & Coke
Ch 9: The Experiment
Ch 10: Low Down Dirty Shame
Ch 11: Bad Move
Ch 12: Special Delivery
Ch 13: War On All Fronts
Ch 14: Old Wounds
Ch 15: Lo Siento
Ch 16: Not Letting Go
Ch 17: Soul of My Soul
ALTERNATE ENDING PT 1: Under Lock & Key
ALTERNATE ENDING PT 2: UNDERGROUND
ALTERNATE ENDING PT 3: REVELATION
ALTERNATE ENDING PT 4: Unworthy

Ch 7: When the Levee Breaks Pt 2

441 27 4
By ImJustReese

HEY AWESOMETTES & AWESOMITES!!

DANIEL APOLOGIZES FOR THE LAST CHAPTER, BUT HE HAD SOME UNFINISHED BUSINESS WITH ALEXIS. HE CAN THINK STRAIGHT NOW.

GET YOUR TEA CUPS, AND WINE GLASSES READY. IT'S ABOUT TO GO DOWN...

BACK AT THE RESTAURANT WITH BRUCE AND PAIGE...

Paige walks out of the restaurant, torn by the look of longing on Bruce's face as he watches a taxi leave.

I thought we got back together because he wanted to try again... If I...If I knew that I was just a rebound. I wouldn't have bothered.

She walks closer to him. "Bruce..."

He doesn't hear her the first time, still caged in his thoughts.

She hesitantly touches his shoulder. "Bruce..." She calls once more. Her voice cracking with emotion.

He turns to her with an unreadable expression. Like looking at her, but not seeing her.

She looks down, clearing her throat. "I-I going to go. It's obvious that you still love her. And I can't—won't be the other woman. I deserve better. I'll see you at work tomorrow."

She walks around him, toward the street, hailing a taxi since Bruce was her ride.

He just watches her walk away, but his mind sees her as Alexis, leaving all over again.

His jaw pulses at his thoughts obscure. His veins throbbing vengefully under his perfectly tempered skin.

That pretty Muthaf***ah might have her now, but this ain't over.

With a determined scowl he strolls toward his car. Seemingly at ease despite the violent thoughts he's having.

Once inside, he speed dials a number he knows well.

"Yo..."

"Noke. I need you to do some digging for me..."

THE NEXT AFTERNOON

I open my eyes, blinking a few times to clear my vision. Stretching a little, loosening my muscles.

"Sh**..." I feel the tenderness between my thighs and close my eyes reminiscing about last night until I get the strength to sit up.

Dam* I'm sore.

I turn my head to observe Daniel's sleeping form. The sun accentuating the contours of his resting face.

Highlighting the details of the tattoos on his chiseled chest as it rises and falls gently with each breath.

His long hair is spread messily across the pillow, and over his torso.

As my eyes take in the slight part of his lips, I think on how perfectly they fit against mine. 

And that magical tongue. 

I recall the way he used it to blow my mind.

He shifts in his sleep, his biceps flexing. I almost drool thinking about his strong arms wrapped around me in the most intimate ways.

His hands touching, stroking, caressing, gripping me, and holding me close.

I bite my lip with a smile. Allowing my eyes to travel farther down his sculpted body. Taking my time to count each abdominal muscle before venturing further.

I really shouldn't have done that.

He stands proudly, like a monument of absolute perfection.

He's beautiful even when he's sleeping.

My sore muscles clench in remembrance of how me used that very monument to do things to me that I-

He stirs in his sleep once more, as if sensing my arousal.

Lord, I hope he doesn't wake up. I don't think Nikki and I can take another round with Dani, let alone Papi, right now.

I watch him sleep a little longer before getting out of bed and heading toward the bathroom.

Taking my time to wash my face and brush my teeth, before cutting on every last shower head in my 360° shower. 

Sighing in relief as the hot water massages my muscles.

I really should check into the nearest mental institution if I actually miss being this sore.

I cut on the cold water briefly to cool off, before turning the water warm so I can actually get clean.

After thoroughly cleaning my body and washing my hair, moisturizing and putting a conditioning cap on, I step out.

Next stop, the jacuzzi tub. I cut on the water and I grab the peppermint oil, almond oil, and coconut oil to relax and soothe my muscles.

Once it's full, I cut on the jets, and I step in. Hissing when Nikki hits the water.

"Papi, you did a number on me." I mumble, leaning back in the tub.

I didn't realize that I fell asleep until I hear the shower on. I look to my right and see the most magnificent wonder in all the world.

Daniel...in the shower...

Need I say more?

"Thank you Lord."

The light from the floor length frosted glass highlighting ever muscle, and I do mean every muscle. His head tipped back as the water rains down on him, rinsing away the suds.

I wish I had Nahia's gift for painting right now.

When he feels me staring, he turns his attention to me. My heart skips eventhough I can't see him clearly.

"Enjoying the show?"

I can hear his smirk. "Depends."

"On...?"

"Whether or not I get to see the other side."

He laughs. "That's going to cost you, and it's not cheap. Sorry, I don't do this for free."

It's my turn to laugh. "That's messed up. I don't get the preferred shopper discount?"

He tilts his head to the side as if in thought. "Well...there was a free for me before 3 discount. Unfortunately for you, it's after 4pm."

He shrugs. "Sorry, you missed it."

"Really? Dang, when's the next sale?"

"You have to ask the manager. I can't tell you that." He says, cutting off the shower and wringing out his hair.

"Whose the manager?"

He smirks as he steps out of the shower, grabbing a towel from one of the built-in shelves, not turning around.

He starts walking toward me, the towel dangling next to him. When he gets close to me he says, "The manager decided to do a flash sale."

I look away in confusion. Until I realize that he's is now behind me. I turn around only to find his back to me with the towel wrapped around his waist. "Muthah-"

He laughs. "Sorry, you missed it." He says walking past my gaping expression.

I smack his tight *ss as he walks by. "Tease."

He then leans down and kisses me. His wet hair falling over my left side. He deepens the kiss and then pulls away with a smirk.

"You get on my nerves."

He chuckles as he walks out of the bathroom.

I shake my head and press the stopper to empty the tub. "That man..."

"Loves you!" He shouts from the other room.

I can't help the smile that spreads across my face. "He's still a pain in my a**!" I yell back.

I pops his head in the door as I stand up. "Trust me baby—he hasn't been a pain in your *ss yet. But he can't wait until he is."

He goes back to whatever he was doing, while I stand there stuck on stupid. Once I come to, I just shake my head with a smile. "That man."

A FEW HOURS LATER

"I'm sorry. Let me get this straight. After he fixed and flipped that a** last night, he actually let you outside?" Kamari asks confused.

I look over at her like she is crazy. "I am not property. And yes, he let me out of MY condo." I say matter of factly.

She sucks her teeth. "He owned that a** the way you told it." She says rolling her neck.

I shake my head. I can't even be mad when she's right. "I don't like you."

She laughs and abruptly stops. "Cause you know I'm right."

I swear, she is just like Gin.

I shake my head at her. "I still don't like you.

"You love me. Can I have my son back now?"

"No." I rub his back with a flat look.

I turn my attention to Nahia, grinning at her phone. "What are you over there grinning at? Don't tell me Angelo over there sending dirty pics while we're trying to have dinner." I smirk.

She cups her phone to her chest. "N-no."

Kamari and I share a look. "Umhm...I told you the virg-excuse me, ex-virgins, are always the certified freaks." Kamari says smirking at Nai.

She laughs, then shrugs. "I blame you two and Miles."

Kamari and I both laugh knowing she's probably right.

Nahia looks at me smiling. "You look happy."

I return her smile in thought. "I am."

LATER THAT WEEK

Nikolai strolls into Bruce's office. "I got what you asked for. Very interesting read." He voices, dropping the file on his desk.

Bruce reaches for it and opens it, smiling at the content. He picks up his phone and makes a transfer.

Nikolai's phone goes off and he looks down at it with a smirk. "Always nice doing business with you Black."

Bruce nods at Nikolai before he leaves his office.

He leans back in his chair reading through the file. "Interesting indeed."

Paige bursts through the door.

Bruce calmly pushes the contents of the folder back in and shuts it, giving her his attention. "What's up babe?"

She leans over his desk fuming. "Don't you 'what's up babe" me?! Why is Niko here? You know he's bad news? What the hell are you up to Bruce?! Or are you Blacking out again?!" Her accent on full display.

He pulls a confused face. "What are you talking about babe? He said he was in town and stopped by. I told him I had work to do, so he left." He shrugs.

She narrows her eyes at him. "Bull Bruce! Why was he smirking when he left, huh?"

He gets up and walks to her, rubbing her arms. "I may have told him...we could grab a drink later. It's not a big deal Paige. I know who he is. I'm not getting involved."

She huffs, shakes her head. "Bruce-"

"Babe, chill okay. When he calls to ask when we should meet—I'll make up something, okay?"

She looks up at him sighing. "Okay."

He smiles at her. "Don't worry. Been there, done that."

She sags in relief. "Okay."

He leans in and kisses her lips. "I told you not to worry right?"

She nods.

He kisses her once more. "Then don't worry."

He looks at his watch. "We're leaving early. Go pack up."

She smiles. "Okay." She kisses him once more, then walks out of his office.

Bruce leans over his desk on one hand, and runs the other hand over his face. "Fu**ing girl."

He packs the file in his briefcase and throws the strap over his shoulder. Puts his phone in his pocket, shuts his computer down and walks out, locking the door behind him.

IN HER OFFICE

Paige picks up her phone and sends a text. We need to talk, ASAP.

She gets reply a few moments later. When?

Tomorrow. Morning. 8am, your place.

Okay. See you then.

She places her phone in her purse and finishes packing her things in her briefcase.

Bruce pops his head in the door. "Ready babe?"

She smiles, nodding. "Yeah."

THE NEXT MORNING

Paige waits anxiously in front of a door.

The door opens revealing someone that instantly sets the blood in her veins to flow chaotically.

"Never thought we'd meet again."

THIS CHAPTER IS SHORTER THAN USUAL. I WANTED TO GET IT OUT ASAP.

WHAT IS IN THAT FILE?

WHO IS NIKOLAI AND WHY IS PAIGE SO ADAMANT ABOUT BRUCE NOT GETTING INVOLVED?

WHO IS AT THE DOOR?

BRUCE IS LOOKING LIKE A VILLAIN RIGHT ABOUT NOW. I AM SORRY IF ANY OF YOU WERE #TEAMBRUCE

TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK.

REMEMBER VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE!!

BACI BACI

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

196K 7.4K 31
[Book 2 in the Secret series] "That's not what I meant..." I chew on my lip. "Well, what the fuck did you mean then?" He shouts. "When I'm there I d...
1M 21.3K 28
"Dia, do you still love me?" He asked again as I gave up breathing fast from anger. "You divorced me, you kicked me out, you did all that crap to me...
43.6K 1.6K 42
MATURE CONTENT 18+ "Relax, sweetheart. I'll take it slow for your first time." He's a one-night-stand gone wrong, and the one man she never wants t...
446K 18.4K 42
γ€Ž π™‰π™Š π˜Ώπ™Šπ™π˜½π™ 』 What happens when a 22-year old lands a job in a restaurant, and meets the owner's son. Excerpt from book: γ€Š His voice was...