Then and Now: A Harry Styles...

By musicluva4eva

It was just supposed to be a simple, harmless lunch date, to catch up with an old friend. But when that old f... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine

Chapter Six

39.9K 404 99
By musicluva4eva

Here’s the next chapter, hope you guys enjoy! I want to give a giant shoutout to the awesome JustoMath. HE FINALLY LISTENED TO ME AND JOINED WATTPAD. I CAN FINALLY READ HIS ORIGINAL STUFF. HEY TERRA NOVA BESTIE! Lol I'm crazy. Just ignore me. Haha. Chapter 7’s pretty much written. Follow my new Tumblr! musicluva4eva1D.tumblr.com (someone already took musicluva4eva. LET ME THROW PINEAPPLES AT THEM. THEY’RE PRICKLY.) Leave stuff in my ask box. I like questions. If you leave me a funny question I’ll dedicate the chapter to you. Just like to point out that I've never been on a date before. Kay.

I LOVE EVERY SINGLE PERSON THAT’S READING THIS. OKAY. DONE. READ ON. IF YOU DARE :)

__________________________________________________________

I suddenly felt self conscious at the way Harry’s eyes were raking over my body. I held my purse tightly, and pulled a strand of my chocolate coloured hair out of my face. I cleared my throat, and he seemed to snap out of his revere.

“Jenna! Great to see you; you look beautiful, as always.” He smiled, walking towards me.

 “Still quite the charmer, I see.” I returned his smile. “It’s nice to see you Harry.”

“Always have, always will be.” he chuckled slightly.

He hugged me as a greeting, and I quickly wrapped my arms loosely around him too. He pressed a kiss to my cheek before pulling away. I felt like a million butterflies had suddenly been let go in my stomach, and were chasing each other around.

‘Christ Jenna. Friends, remember? Just friends.’ I mentally scolded myself.

“We should probably go, and get seated. I don’t think it would be good if we lost our reservation!” Harry said as he sent a charming smile in my direction.

Dear God. No wonder girls spend hours staring at his smile. It’s bloody mesmerizing. I don’t even want to think about looking into his eyes, I’d probably stare at them forever and look like an idiot, if they were the same gorgeous green-blue colour I remembered.

“You’re right, we should.” I smiled.

Harry walked towards the podium, and casually started speaking to the waiter.

“Reservation for Styles.”

“Right this way.” The middle aged man led us to a table near the back of the restaurant, it was secluded from the other tables, which I suppose is good.

Harry and I sat down, as they waiter left the table, saying he’d be back soon to take our orders.  I had no clue what to say. I wondered if he was as nervous as I was, because if he was, he sure as hell didn’t show it.

“So...” Harry started, “how have you been?” 

I thought about what to say. “I’m studying design at the University of London. I’m in my first year there. Becca’s studying Early Childhood Development there too.”

“That’s really good! You have an amazing talent, you know. I’m glad that you’re putting your talent to use, because a lot of people don’t.” Harry fingered the menu, “Becca’s the girl you were with at X Factor, right? With blonde hair?”

“Yup. The singing didn’t work out for her, but she’s happy with what she’s doing now, and I’m happy for her. She took not getting through hard.” I remembered the day that Becca had called, crying over how she got rejected. It hurt to hear my best friend in such distress. “And I know what you mean, about people not putting their talent to use. My Dad’s an amazing artist, but he never put his talent to use.”

“I know how she felt. It was like you were looking at everything you wanted, and then someone suddenly pulls it away, and you fall into darkness. It was terrible. It’s good that she got over it though, and found what she truly wanted to do.”

“I’m happy for her too. And she got herself a boyfriend too. They’ve been dating for a year now. He played a huge role in her choosing to study what she is studying.”

“Really? How?” His green eyes pierced into my hazel ones, “If it’s okay for you to tell me, that is.”

“No, it’s okay. Dan—her boyfriend—has a little brother who’s autistic. Becca always loved kids, and I guess spending time with Tony—Dan’s brother—solidified her decision.”

Harry nodded his head. “Should we order now?”

I saw that the waiter was heading towards us. “We should, shouldn’t we?” I giggled.

‘Oh God. Please tell I did not just giggle. It’s like I’m fourteen again’ I mentally groaned.

I ordered Fettuccini Alfredo, and Harry ordered spaghetti.

“And I’ll be right back!” the waiter said, before leaving once again.

“What about you?” I asked.

“What?”

“How’s your life been?”|

“We’ve been touring for the past few months, and it’s been insane. I can’t even begin to explain how it felt to play all those shows, and to get the news that we got number one over there. The boys and I are really busy, but I wouldn’t change it for anything.”

“I’m really happy for you Haz.” I used his nickname, without even really noticing it, “You deserve this. It’s amazing how massive the band has gotten in such a short period of time.”

“You’re starting to sound like an interviewer.” He jokingly said.

I playfully slapped his arm, “I can’t help that it’s true. Doesn’t ever get...crazy? You can barely go anywhere without people screaming your name!”

“It does. Sure, But I’m getting to live my dream. I get to sing with four of the most amazing lads ever—my brothers—to sold out arenas, filled with people who are just chanting our names.” He got this glazy look in his eyes. “Nothing can replace that-that rush you get when you stand in front of a crowd, after playing a great show.”

I could tell how much he absolutely loved what he did. The way he spoke about it, how his voice cached at some words, the look he got in his eyes.

“I really miss everyone when I’m away though. It’s nice that I have the boys with me, but sometimes you just need a hug from your Mum, you know?”

“I know the feeling. I once drove all the way back to Manchester because I just needed to see my Mum, even though I had a project due the next day.”

“What do you plan on doing, after you get your degree?”

“Well, I’m always looking out for jobs, I don’t really need this degree, but it might help me get a job with a good design house, so I’m continuing with it. If I get a really good job though—and a steady one that is, I’ll probably drop out.”

Harry looked like he was thinking for a second, and then like he suddenly got a bright idea. He didn’t mention what his bright idea was though, and just continued with the conversation.  

“That sounds kind of risky, don’t you think?”

“A little bit. But what life if you don’t take chances?”

“You sound like Zayn, because that was deep.”

“Zayn...he’s the one with the tall hair, right?”

“Yep. It measured at six centimetres last time we checked!” Harry said giddily, and I rolled my eyes.

“Your food is here!” the waiter, announced, coming out of nowhere. Maybe it was because there was a giant plant obstructing our view of the rest of the restaurant...

“Thank you.”

“Just call if you need anything.” He said, and disappeared once more.  

Harry and I continued to chat, and after almost forty five minutes of eating, it almost felt like old times again. Almost. Since our time together—today at least—was coming to a close, I asked him the question that I had been waiting to ask him.

“Haz?”

“Yeah?”

“Why did you text me in the first place?”

“Actually...” he looked sheepish, “I didn’t.”

I raised an eyebrow, silently asking him to continue.

“Louis texted you. And I decided that maybe it was a sign or something, to get back in touch with you or something, since I have a large contact list, and he picked you out of everyone.”

I wasn’t sure what I expected, but that defiantly wasn’t it. I wasn’t even sure how to feel about it either. I should probably be happy with Louis though; if he hadn’t texted me, I wouldn’t be sitting here right now, across from Harry.

“Are you mad?”

“Why would I be?”

“I don’t know.”

We continued on with our conversation for a few more minutes, before Harry got the cheque. No matter how much I insisted that I wanted to pay my half, he wouldn’t let me. I even shoved my credit card at the waiter, who looked quite amused with us. In the end though, Harry got the entire bill, and looked very pleased with himself. 

“Do you have twitter?” Harry suddenly asked me, once we were outside the restaurant, and about to say goodbye.

“Yes. Why?”

“Can I have it?”

“Sure?”

“I’m not going to do anything bad, I promise.” Harry said, pulling out his mobile and opening twitter.

“It’s JennaMatthews.”

“Original.”

“It’s not like yours is any more original!” I shot back.

Harry chuckled, “I see you follow me.”

“Is that a problem?”

“Nope. I, Harry Styles, am now following you on twitter.”

“That’s nice.” I looked at his mobiles’ screen.  “You have a lot of mentions.”

“You should see what it’s like when I actually tweet something.”

“How many followers do you even have?”

“Three point eight million.”

“Jesus.”

“I know. It’s quite funny to read through my mentions when I’m offline though. Our fans have very dirty minds. The moment I tweet something though, it changes to innocent tweets.”

I laughed. “Lemme see!” I said childishly, grabbing the mobile out of Harry’s hands.

@1D4Eva:  The reason neither Harry nor Louis are online is because they’re fucking. #LarryAllNightLong

@ClimbMyWallsHarry: Idgaf if he’s dating someone. I still wanna fuck him. @Harry_Styles

“Oh my God.” I managed to squeeze out as I read through his mentions. “I’m replying to some of these.”

“What? Don’t say anything stupid. The fans freak out over the tiniest things.”

“I can’t promise anything. I think I’ll just send out a bunch of winky faces.” I winked.

@Harry_Styles: @1D4Eva ;)

@Harry_Styles: @ClimbMyWallsHarry ;)

@Harry_Styles: Jenna was here. ;) xx

I sent the tweet off, and looked as Harry’s mentions exploded. “You weren’t kidding when you said they went crazy.”

Most of the tweets were asking who the hell Jenna was, and for Harry to follow them, whilst some people just seemed to tweet the most insane things on the planet.

“What was the last tweet you sent?” Harry asked, looking over my shoulder. I could feel his warm breath by my ear. I felt my breath hitch slightly at his closeness.

“Jenna was here.”

“You do realise that if people figure out your name, things will get very crazy for you?”

“How bad could it be?”

Famous last words. *sigh* ;)

Question: What’s the most random thing you’ve thought of today? Xx 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.4K 395 25
Arianna and Laetitia are 2 normal teenagers who fangirl over One Direction. When in London when they are on their holiday, their plans change a bit w...
1M 19.5K 31
Harry Styles has the perfect life. He's a part of international superstar band One Direction, and he has four amazing best friends: Niall, Liam, Zayn...
852 14 14
Matilda, you talk of the pain like it's all alright But I know that you feel like a piece of you's dead inside You showed me a power that is strong e...