The Pentelements *SLOW UPDATE...

By Josalen144

Kirstie can see into the future Avi can see the past Mitch is a charmer Kevin is the brain Scott is the brawn... More

PROLOGUE
Ch. 1 Meetings at the Mall
Ch. 2 New Arrival
Ch. 3 Robots and Aliens
Ch. 4 Avi's Family
Ch. 5 Motel Madness
Ch. 6 Can You Hear Me?
Ch. 7 Testing Talents
Ch. 9 Let's Talk
Ch. 10 Questions and Confessions
Ch. 11 Stolen
Ch. 12 Police Station
A/N Anniversary Party!!!!
Ch. 13 First Look
Ch. 14 Pursuing the Persuader
Ch. 15 All Around the Mulberry Bush
Ch. 16 Can I Play?
Ch. 17 Don't You Dare
Ch. 18 Uh Oh
A/N Sneak Peek
Ch. 19 What Did You Do?!
Ch. 20 We Need A Plan
Ch. 21 Race Against Time
Ch. 22 Survival Strategy
Ch. 23 Plane Escape
Ch. 24 What A Day
Ch. 25 Family Matters
Ch. 26 Goodbye
Ch. 27 Shenanigans
Ch. 28 Truth or Dare
Ch. 29 Group Chat
Ch. 30 Almost There
Ch. 31 Test Drive
A/N Valentine's Day (OPEN)
Ch. 32 Chores
Ch. 33 Ruckus
Ch. 34 Welcome
Ch. 35 Break It
Ch. 36 Are We There Yet?
Ch. 37 Getting Started
Ch. 38 Avi's Turn
Ch. 39 Cheerleader
Ch. 40 Trampoline
Ch. 41 Explanation (Avi)
Ch. 42 Fun Times
Ch. 43 Early Morning
Ch. 44 Eggs
Ch. 45 Double Yolk
Ch. 46 Face Value
Ch. 47 Boots
Ch. 48 Getting Ready
Ch. 49 Fashion Police
Ch. 50 :)
Ch. 51 Growth Spurt
Ch. 52 Explanation (Kevin/Todrick)
Ch. 53 Friends and Foes
Ch. 54 Mitch vs. Avi
Ch. 55 Two Against One
Ch. 56 Accidentally, Of Course
Ch. 57 Police Chase
Ch. 58 Breathe
Ch. 59 Munchie
Ch. 60 Meditate
Ch. 61 Stirling's Strings
A/N Quick Update

Ch. 8 Showing Avi & Sneaking Around

513 30 23
By Josalen144

After Kevin and Kirstie got the food and drinks, they went back to the hotel room. When they opened the door, they saw Avi asleep on the bigger bed, snoring softly while the tv was playing a random movie.

"Um... Avi?" Kevin asked, and he was about to wake him up when Kirstie stepped in.

"I got this." She whispered, and sat the bag of food on the counter.

Grabbing a napkin, she opened the box and took out a rib. Then she walked over to the bed and dangled it over Avi's nose. He didn't move for a few seconds, but then he started sniffing the air and his eyes snapped open. Kirstie laughed and quickly moved so she wouldn't get any sauce on the bed.

"Morning sleepy head." She said, handing him the rib as he sat up. "Or should I say afternoon?"

"Hey... how long was I out?" He asked with a yawn, taking the rib.

"I couldn't tell you, we've been gone for a while and we don't know when you fell asleep." Kevin told him, sitting the drinks next to the bag of food.

Avi nodded and started munching away on the rib Kirstie gave him.

"By the way, Avi... You won't believe what we found out today!" She said, bouncing excitedly.

"What?" He asked sitting up a bit more.

Kevin was about to answer when a very loud commercial came on the tv. Kirstie quickly grabbed the remote and turned it off.

"Why was that so loud, and how did you sleep through it?" She questioned, amazed.

"I don't know, it wasn't like that when I fell asleep." Avi shrugged, and took another bite of the rib. "Anyway, what did you two find out today?"

"Take a guess." Kevin told him while making himself a plate of food.

'Take a guess? Ugh, am I gonna have to ask for a hint or something?'

"Okay... Does it have anything to do with the guy we're gonna meet today?"

"Um... kinda? I guess, we went to the site after we figured it out... would that count?" Kirstie asked, turning to Kevin.

"Not necessarily, but technically speaking it does have something to do with powers." He replied.

'Powers? Did one of them experience something? Forget this crap, I'm looking into the past.'

"No looking into the past either." Kevin said quickly.

Avi paused from eating and stared at him, shocked. Then he looked away and pouted.

'Dang it.'

"I know you're super smart and stuff, but how'd you know I was gonna do that? Also, how do you know I haven't done it already?" He questioned with a smirk.

"Instincts." Kirstie answered. "Besides, if you'd already done it, then you would know what we found out."

'Ugh, this is gonna take forever.'

"It won't take forever, promise." Kevin told him, sitting on a chair.

He sighed and stood up to throw away the bone of the rib.

"How'd you know what I was thinking? Did you read my mind or something?" Avi asked, jokingly.

He threw away the bone and realized he didn't get a response. Looking back at them, he saw that both of them were smirking at him.

"What?"

"Nothing." Kirstie said nonchalantly.

'Was it something I said?'

"Yes actually, it was something you said." Kevin answered taking a bite of his food.

Avi stared at them for a little while. They didn't bring up anything and just continued to enjoy their food, waiting for him to say something else. He had a theory of what had happened, but he wanted to test it first.

'Good thing no one can actually read my mind, they would find some very disturbing thoughts in my head.'

Neither of them moved.

'They're being so quiet. Hmm... If I fart softly, would they hear it?'

They still didn't do anything, but Kirstie looked like she was holding back a smirk.

'If I'm gonna do this, I better do it now.'

Avi sat down, and stared at them harder to put his plan into action.

'Okay... just a little more... and... ABORT MISSION!!! ABORT MISSION!!! IT WASN'T A FART IT WASN'T A FART!!!'

Kevin choked on his food and Kirstie burst out laughing.

"I KNEW YOU COULD READ MY MIND!!!" Avi yelled, standing up quickly.

"Forget that, I think you should go to the bathroom." Kirstie told him, still laughing a little and patting Kevin on the back.

"It was a joke, I didn't really do any of that stuff. I think it was from something that I saw on the TV before I fell asleep." Avi explained. "So you both can read my mind?"

"Not really, I can read your mind." Kevin told him, finally recovering from choking.

"Can you show me more examples?" He asked.

'Hmm... what should I do for an example?'

"Um Kevin... Did I just hear your thoughts?" Avi questioned, very confused.

"Oh yeah, that's another thing. For some reason I can hear Kevin's thoughts, and I guess now you can too." Kirstie spoke up, pausing from drinking her beverage.

"It's a little unusual but I'm sure we'll figure it out later. We should eat this food first, that way it doesn't get cold." Kevin suggested.

Avi and Kirstie nodded and started getting more food. After they finished their dinner, they started cleaning up and throwing away their trash. Kirstie was putting her plate in the garbage when she looked out the window.

"It's getting pretty late, we should probably start going back to the construction site now." She said, turning to them.

They agreed and got up to leave. Later on the road, they stopped at a store to buy some hard hats, but the only ones the store sold were made of flimsy plastic.

"That's fine, and you know what? Most construction workers leave their hats at the site so they can put them on when they go back." Kevin informed them.

"Oh really? Huh, that's convenient." Avi said, and they left the store.

Back on the road, they finally arrived at the construction site after what seemed like forever in traffic. Kevin parked the car and everyone quickly got out, not wanting to waste anymore time. Since they weren't allowed in without a hard hat, they were looking around the perimeter to see if anyone had put theirs outside. After a couple minutes of looking, Avi noticed something was missing.

"Where's Kirstie?" He asked, and Kevin looked at him.

She was nowhere in sight. They tried calling her name softly because they didn't want to get caught. A few moments later, her head popped up from the other side of the fence. They noticed she had a hard hat on.

"There you guys are. Here, I found these now come on inside." She said, tossing two of them down.

Avi and Kevin caught them, put them on, and quickly ran inside. Once they were by Kirstie's side, all of them went deeper in the construction site. They moved quietly until they heard a bit of chatter and saw some large machines moving around. When they peeked around the corner, they were almost blinded by the bright lights shining over the area. Workers were moving steel beams and pipes, cleaning up the area and getting ready to go home. Of all the people there, they saw about 6 different blonds.

"How are we supposed to know which one he is?" Avi asked.

"I know what he looks like, and it's none of these guys." She told him.

"Then how do we know he's still here? Maybe he went home early." Kevin suggested.

"No he's here, I can feel it. Maybe he's in a different part. Come on, let's go this way." She said, and started walking away quickly.

"Kirstie! Slow down!" Kevin whisper-shouted, and she paused for only a moment.

When they caught up, she took off again. Avi and Kevin got lost for a second before they saw her again and ran over. She was hiding behind a big pile of steel pipes, looking at two workers.

"You really need to tell us when you're going somewhere." Avi whispered to her, slightly out of breath.

"Sorry." She said, not taking her eyes off the workers.

When Avi and Kevin inspected them, they saw that both of them were blond too.

"Is he one of them?" Kevin asked, and she nodded, still not looking away. "Which one?"

"The one in the white shirt." She whispered, pointing to him.

The man she pointed to looked pretty young, the blond hair they were looking for, ripped, dirty jeans, and was very tall.

"Hey, Hoying, help me out over here." One of the workers said, and the guy they were watching got up and ran out of sight.

"That was him? Did you see how tall he was? He had to be at least 6'2, maybe 6'3!" Kevin said excitedly.

"I know! I wonder what power he has." Avi chipped in, equally as excited.

"Trust me, you'll know when you see it." Kirstie said, looking back at them with a smirk.

"You know, you could just tell us." Avi complained.

"Yeah, but where's the fun in that?" She asked with a wink, before turning around again. "SHH! He's coming back!"

Sure enough, he came back to the area he was previously in. The second blond was trying to tie some rope around a few steel beams, but was failing.

"Can you hurry up? This is a two man job so I can't do it by myself." His partner complained.

"Alright alright, keep your pants on." He laughed, and ran over to help.

After a few instructions, he was trying to hold the beams in place and his partner was tying the rope. It took a few tries, but they finally got it and slowly pushed it over to the piles of the ones they already finished.

"So that's him huh?" Avi asked again, still surprised at quickly they found him.

"That's him alright, now we just need to wait for him to be alone." Kirstie whispered, and they silently agreed. They had no idea how this encounter was gonna go, so they waited patiently and hoped for the best.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.6K 1.2K 27
Kirstie is in love with Scott and she doesn't know how to tell him, but what will she do when someone tells her that he loves her?
14K 490 10
A sudden upheaval in Kirstie's life leaves her and Avi questioning the newly budding feelings between themselves. (Heavy focus on Kavi, with a more m...
14.9K 310 33
When Breanna runs into the famous Scott Hoying her life is flipped upside down. She becomes best friends with the amazing band which changes her life...
26.2K 851 13
Mitch just sometimes has "bad days". The stress gets to be too much, the exhaustion catches up with him, and the anxiety just sets in. On these days...