Insatiability - Stiles Stilin...

By theresathanya

Even though Amber seemed to be under control before, she's slowly turning into something different. While she... More

Prologue
one
two
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
Epilogue

three

3.7K 93 24
By theresathanya

Derek was pacing around the room, trying to find another way to find Erica and Boyd.

"You know, running around won't help you" Peter remarked from the stairs.

I rolled my eyes, stood up from the couch and and made my way over to Derek who was now standing in front of the windows. I put a hand on his shoulder and gave it a light squeeze.

"It's better than all you've ever done!" I snapped at Peter and growled at him.

"Why are you all hating on me?" he asked while rolling his eyes.

At the same moment, the door of the loft opened, revealing Scott and Stiles who entered the apartment without asking for permission.

"Because you suck, Peter" Stiles replied.

I pulled my hand back from Derek's shoulder and crossed my arms over my chest, leaning against the windowsill. "What are you doing here?"

"We might have an idea how to find them" Scott answered and without hesitation he went onward. "But for that we need Isaac and Amber to come with us."

Minutes later, I found myself at the vet clinic. Deaton told Isaac and Derek to get some ice while Stiles and Scott filled a bathtub that stood in the middle of the room where once the examination table was.

I was leaning against one of the shelves and observed the whole situation. "So again, what is this all about?"

"This is an old traditional way of remembering things that were somehow erased from your memory" Deaton said again.

"Well... this kind of looks extremely dangerous" Isaac said once he poured the sack of ice into the tub.

"Obviously, it's not going to be particularly comfortable. But if we can slow your heart rate down enough, you'll slip into a trance-like state."

"Like being hypnotized?" Isaac asked the doc.

"Exactly. You'll be half transformed. It'll let us access your subconscious mind."

Once Scott and the other boys were done with their tasks, Scott joined the conversation. "How slow does the heart rate need to be?"

"Very slow."

"Okay, well, how slow is very slow?" Derek questioned as well.

Deaton tried to find the right words since he was quiet for a few seconds before he said, "Nearly dead."

Isaac knelt down next to the tub and put a finger into the water but pulled it out no second later due to the ice cold temperature.

"Okay... that's my cue" Isaac muttered and grabbed my arm. "Listen. You do it! I had to do this stupid thing with Peter and I had nightmares since then so I'm not doing this again. You'll sacrifice yourself, okay?"

"I have one more question before I'll do it" I said and nodded at Isaac. "It's safe, right?"

"Do you want me to answer honestly?"

"Thought so... no" I fake laughed when something caught my attention. Stiles, who was on the other side of the room, found a xxl rubber glove and had put in on his right hand. I rolled my eyes and signalized him to take it off promptly. Once he took it off, I turned back around and glanced at Derek who seemed to not like the idea. "Look, if it feels to risky you don't have to do this."

I ignored his statement and took off my sweater, leaving me in my jeans and the grey strap top that I wore under my favorite sweater. All eyes were on me before I put the first leg into the ice cold water. The other one followed and I slowly lowered my body down. Once the water made it to the waistband, my breath hitched. Goose bumps were now seen all over my body before I put my whole body under the surface. As my body adjusted to the temperature, I nodded to the boys. Everyone of them put their hands on my body and pushed my whole body down. Right before my face was down under, I took one last breath.

As they were trying to hold me under, my subconsciousness fought against it. I pushed myself up again and felt myself changing due to the sudden pressure that laid on me. The boys pushed me even harder and tried to hold me under while I fought against them but soon my body gave in and I felt myself relaxing before the blackness took over me.

"Amber? Can you hear me?" someone appeared in front of me. Everything was still blurred and the light was too bright for my liking so I rubbed my eyes until they became fond with the brightness.

"Amber? Do you hear me" he asked again. The person in front of me was no other than Deaton. I looked around, seeing nothing but white. "Yes, I can hear you."

"This is Dr. Deaton. I'd like to ask you a few questions. Is that all right?"

"Yes."

Deaton walked around the large room but never broke our eye contact. "I want to ask you about the night you found Erica and Boyd. I want you to remember it for me in as vivid detail as possible, like you're actually there again."

I closed my eyes and shook my head no. Only the imagine of imagining it caused me to have trouble breathing. "I don't want to do that" I stuttered as I remembered a few pieces of the night. "I don't wanna do that. I don't wanna do that."

"Amber, it's all right. Just relax. They're just memories. You can't be hurt by a memory."

"I don't wanna to that!" I repeated as I found myself now standing on a lonely street and not longer in the large white room.

"Relax. Relax. Good. Now let's go back to that night. To the place you found Erica and Boys. Can you tell me what you see? Is there some kind of a building? A house?" Deaton asked me.

Slowly, I found myself opening the large doors of a building that I was standing in front of. "It's not a house. It's stone. I think marble" I mumbled as I ran my fingers against the walls of the building while I walked up the stairs.

"That's perfect. Can you give me any other descriptions?"

I looked around and remembered that I wasn't alone in here. I hid behind a pillar next to the stairs and examined the building. "It's dusty, so empty... like an abandoned building?"

Suddenly, I heard noises. I held my breath and pressed myself against the pillar. Footsteps were heard and a few other sounds, for example the sound of something like a stick clicking against the cold dusty floors.

"Amber? Amber?"

I waited for another few seconds before I realized that someone must've been right near me. "Someone's here. Someone's here."

"Amber, relax" I listened to Deatons voice but the noises inside the building were louder.

I decided to look around the pillar and regretted the choice once my eyes landed on a woman. She saw me the second I saw her and she sprinted off.

"No! NO!" I shouted and ran away. "They're after me! They have me!"

I ran faster than ever but the woman was faster and soon she caught up and grabbed my ankle, causing me to fall down on the ground with a loud thud.

"No! Don't! Please don't kill me!" I cried out loud before the woman clashed her fist against my jaw.

"Amber! Just memories. You won't be hurt by your memories. Just relax."

I tried to listen to Deatons voice and soon the woman was gone and I was lying on the ground by myself.

"Good. Now tell us what you see. Tell us everything."

Everything flashed white when I tried to remember everything. I found myself on the lonely street again and stared at the large abandoned building in front of me. The logo in front of it burned into my memories while I opened the doors and walked up the stairs. It was all dusty and quiet, too quiet for my liking. As I reached the top of the stairs, I could hear faint voices. I followed them to another floor and walked down the hall. I recognized the voice as Boyd's once the voices were louder.

"I hear him. He's talking about the full moon, about being out of control when the moon rises."

"Is he talking to Erica?"

"I think so. I can't... I can't see her. I can't see either of them" I stuttered since the temperature suddenly dropped down. I crossed my arms over my chest and rubbed my upper arms with my hands, trying to keep me warm but it just seemed to get colder and colder.

"Can you hear anything else?"

I nodded, totally forgetting that no one could see it. "They're worried. They're worried what they'll do during the moon. They're worried that they're going to hurt each other."

"Amber, we need you to find them right not. Can see them?"

I ran down the hall that I was currently in and tried to follow the voices that I could hear but there were too many of them. Boyd and Erica weren't alone here. Someone else was in the building.

"No" I whispered, trying not to get caught by whoever was in here with me.

"Do you know what kind of room it is? Is there any kind of a marker? A number on a door? A sign?"

I ignored the questions. All I could focus on was the sound of footsteps and a clicking on the floor. I hid behind a pillar and held my breath while the noises were getting louder and louder. I decided to look around the pillar once the noises faded down but I soon regretted my decision. My eyes met a woman in her mid thirties who's eyes met mine. I widened my eyes and held my breath again until the woman sprinted off. I turned around and ran the other way, trying to get as far away as possible.

"They found me! They're going to kill me! Help!"

"This isn't working!" I heard another voice which distracted me. The distraction was enough for the woman to catch me. Again, she grabbed my ankle and threw me on the ground.

"Amber! Where are you!" I heard Derek shouting.

I fought against the woman but I wasn't strong enough. Her eyes glowed red as she yanked me away and threw me down the stairs.

"I can't! It hurts so much!"

"Just tell me where you are" Derek kept on yelling.

"I can't see!" I yelled back at him, trying to get up on my feet before another figure grabbed me by my throat.

"Amber! Where are you? Just tell me where you are?"

The other person held me up in the air and glared at me with the same red eyes as the woman before he threw me against a door. The door gave in and I fell into the room against a shelf.

"Where are you! What did you see!!"

I held onto the shelf and put myself back on my feet before my eyes found something that I never wanted to see.

Due to the shock that I was in, I woke up and shot up, grabbing onto the tub before I jumped out of it, mumbling some words under my breath.

"It's a vault! I saw it! I saw the name!" I cried out while Scott and Derek helped me on my feet. Deaton reached for a towel and gave it to me which I thankfully wrapped myself in. "It's uh... Beacon Hills First National Bank. It's an abandoned bank and they're keeping them locked inside, inside the vault" I explained what I saw but no one answered me. I looked around and watched them all giving me strange looks, which never meant good news. "What?"

"You don't remember what you said right before you came out of it, do you?" Stiles asked me and I shook my head no.

"You said when they captured you that they threw you into a room and that there was a body in it" Stiles explained calmly.

"What body?"

"Erica. You said it was Erica."

While I tried to get warmer, Derek was again pacing around the room, denying that Erica was dead. He threw his hands up in the air and groaned once or twice just thinking about one of his betas being dead. "She's not dead."

Stiles groaned as well before he said, "Derek... she said there's a dead body. It's Erica. Doesn't exactly leave us much room for interpretation."

"Then who was in the vault with Boyd?"

"Someone else, obviously" Stiles snapped at him and rolled his eyes.

"And maybe it was the girl on the motorcycle. Okay, the one who saved you?" Scott asked, ref referring to Breadon. But it wasn't her. "No... she wasn't like us and whoever was in the vault with Boys was" I denied.

"What if that's how Erica died?" Derek questioned. while he was now leaning against a shelf.

"They, like, pit them against each other during the full moons and see which one survived" Stiles agreed with Derek. "It's like werewolf thunderdome."

"Then we get them out tonight!" Derek came to rushed conclusions but Deaton wasn't so sure about it. "Be smart about this, Derek. You can't just go storming in."

"If Isaac and Amber got in, then so can we."

"But they didn't get through a vault door, did they?" Deaton asked us all. Scott sighed next to him, "We need a plan."

Derek groaned again and ran his hand through his hair. "How are we going to come up with a plan to break into a bank fault in less than 24 hours?"

"Uh... I think someone already did" Stiles mumbled while he help up his phone. "Beacon Hill First National closes its doors three month after vault robbery. Doesn't say here how it was robbed but it probably won't take long to find out."

"How long?"

"It's the internet, Derek" Stiles laughed. „Minutes."

But the minutes turned into hours of waiting and waiting.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

243K 6K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
1M 54.7K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
1.1M 44.4K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
73K 2.8K 17
" you annoy me. " " well, you're annoyinger! " " that's not a word, ophelia. it just further proves my point that you'r...