Opposite Attractions - KorrAs...

By NataliaBrown_

Korra and Asami are best friends ever since middle school. Then in high school, both girls face various life... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Notice
Chapter Fourty
Author's Note

Chapter Twenty-Four

3.6K 90 38
By NataliaBrown_

Asami's POV

A full week has passed since I took Korra to the hilltop. Our hilltop, as I liked to call it. Every time I think back to that moment, my heart skips a beat, quite literally. It's one of those memories, you cherish so much, you can't forget. 

It's also been a very hectic week, for the both of us. 

Tonraq's trial is today. It's been the talk of the town. People have been spreading the word, just four hours after the court declared it at a private meeting a few days ago. Though no one knows exactly who told everyone else, I wasn't surprised. 

Korra's been trying to contact her mother to try and convince her to drop the case for the last two days. Her mother, of course, ignores and declines her calls and messages. Although I didn't particularly like the man, I trust Korra. I trust her judgment.

I, on the other hand, have been handling personal issues myself. 

My father has been home from his 'business issue'. My mother conveniently left for an emergency in one of her factories in Milan, so she wasn't home to greet him. When the job fell onto me, my father looked run down, as if he had been through a lot the whole time he was gone. Although I wanted to ask about it, I thought it was best to leave it alone. 

"Asami," He calls out. We were at the table having lunch. He glanced up to look at me, as he stirred through his squash and sausage risotto.

"Aren't you friends with that Korra girl?" He took a bite of a sausage slice. 

"Yes, since middle school father," I answered.  

"I've heard of the turmoil her family is in." He stated, keeping his attention on his risotto. "Be careful." He continued. "I don't want you to get involved." 

My grip tightened around the utensils I was holding. How could he say that? My father was always so caring. He loved people around him because he saw the potential they had. He hired those he knew were honest and gave them a future. What happened? Why was he becoming passive about it?

"I'm already involved." I retaliated. "She's my best friend, I can't just leave her." 

My father froze on the spot. She placed his utensils on the table and wiped his mouth with a cloth. 

"Why are you so affected?" He asked, with a serious and low tone. I could tell he was desperately trying to establish authority to me. That was something he had never done before. It made me wonder what possibly could've happened to him during his trip. 

"I've always taught you not to get too emotionally attached. I've trained you to be approachable but not exploitable." He declared. "Why are you warp up about this girl? Who is she to you?" 

Those questions, they bounced around in my head for a while. I love her, that I know for sure. But does she feel the same way? Is she ever gonna see me, as more than her best friend? Will I ever find the right time to tell her? Will I even get the chance to? 

But before I could answer anything, my phone vibrated on the wooden table, causing it to shake viciously. I picked it up, excusing myself from the table.

"Hello?" I answered with a low voice.

"Asami, it's Korra." Her voice echoed through my eardrums, sending shivers down my spine and instantly making my face heat up.

"H-hey, Korra," I stuttered. I cleared my throat, hoping to distract myself from my thoughts. 

"Can you come with me to the courthouse?" She mumbled. Her voice was so soft and fragile. 

"Of course. I'll be at your house in a bit." I agreed.  

~~~~

Okay calm down, I told myself as I stood in front of Korra's front door. I was a hot mess. My hands were shaking and my heart was racing. 

It was even worse when Korra finally opened the door. She was wearing a lovely maxi dress with a slit on the side, exposing her toned leg muscles. She curled her hair and for the first time in forever, she was wearing makeup, which made her skin dazzle. She looked amazingly beyond this world. I couldn't help but stare.

I stood there awkwardly with my mouth wide open. She stood in front of me sheepily. Her already blushed cheeks grew even brighter as she tried to look anywhere else but my face. I found that quite adorable. She's just adorable.

We stood there for a moment longer, then Korea finally spoke.

"We should probably get going." She said looking at the floor.

I called a cab to pick up upon and drop us off the courthouse. Through the whole ride, I couldn't stop thinking about how close we were together. Back then, I would occasionally get nervous when we were this close together, but now it was different. It's like all my senses were focused on Korra alone. I could clearly smell the daisy perfume she was wearing. I could clearly see the light tink of pink shade on her lips and her full eyelashes. Her eye makeup, drew so much attention to her beautiful brown eyes, that I was afraid she would attract too much attention.

She sat silently on the other side, which made me feel slightly guilty. How could I think so selfishly at a time like this?

Once we arrived, we got inside, as everyone began to crowd around the courtroom. There were a lot of reporters both from the local and national news. 

It was probably because it was the first domestic case where the plaintiff had a known lawyer from the city. A lawyer such as Mr Jones is quite known nationally, so many people wanted to see him. Especially since his client is the daughter of a famous corporate lawyer.

Reporters immediately crowded around Korra, trying to get statements from her. Korra remained composed and walked through the mob and I followed her. I've been around mobs if reporters many times in my life, so I was used to it. I was amazed at how well Korra handled it.

"Are you okay?" I asked her as we entered the mob-free courtroom.

"I'm fine." She answered curtly. I've known her long enough to be able to tell her lies from her truths. But I just let it slide.

I sat at the front seats behind Korra, while she sat next to her lawyer, Mr Jones. He was young, but he had a mature vibe and a very serious expression, which made him look older.

Across from their table, was the Mr Tonraq's lawyer. She was young and vibrant. She stood out from the crowd with her platinum blonde hair, that's she had loosely hanging on her shoulders. She was quite beautiful, catching the attention of many single males in the room.

Suddenly the courtroom doors opened and revealed Ms Senna. She came in with large luxurious glasses, as a hoard of reporters tried to follow her inside. She strutted down the narrow hallway, with the people around her staring in awe. They respected her. If only they truly knew her. Then Tonraq cam in with handcuffs around his hand, escorted by officers.

A few minutes later, the judge came in and was announced. The usual mumbo-jumbo was then explained and we all took our seats. 

"So Ms Korra," The young female lawyer addressed Korra, as she sat on the questioning panel. Korra remained composed, showing no obvious emotion at all. 

"How long have you been living with your father, Mr Tonraq?" She questioned

"All my life."

"And has he been taking care of you for most of this time?" She asked again.

"Yes."

"How long have you been living together with Miss. Senna?" She questioned.

"Since I was born, up until 5 years ago," Korra answered somewhat hesitantly.

"Can you tell us why?"

"She had been caught up with work and needed a place where it was closer to her office, I guess.." She trailed off and looked down at her lap.

"You guess? Can you please be more specific Miss Korra?" The platinum blonde lawyer pushed on.

Korra looked over to her mother who now had her arms across her chest. She didn't even bother taking off her sunglasses.

Korra hesitated.

"Please remember that you're under oath Miss Korra."

Korra took a deep breath.

"They had been fighting a few months before she left. Sometimes she would come home twice a week, then it became once every month, then eventually she rarely came home."

The jury whispered amongst each other, some looked empathetic, others were disapproving.

"That would be all for now, Your Honour." The woman strutted to her seat. Mr Smith then stood up and marched up next to the witness stand.

"Miss Korra, after your mother left, how was your relationship with your father?" He asked. 

"It was fine," Korra answered curtly. She shifted in her seat awkwardly. 

"Please elaborate." He stated.

Korra glanced at her mother. She now took off her glasses, but her arms were still firmly across her chest, her expression completely unreadable with a cold glint in her eyes. Her aura was overall, very dark and judging from Korra's expression she could feel it too.

"Miss Korra." Korra flinched and coughed awkwardly. 

"It was fine for a while, we tried to get through the situation, but it got worse as the months went on. He started drinking, and getting home late." Korra hesitated. "Then he started coming home angry, a lot." 

"Did he physically abuse you?" Mr Smith pushed on.  Korra nodded. 

"Please respond verbally, for the recording." 

"Yes." 

The jury started reacting again, this time,  against Mr Tonraq. 

"No further questions, Your Honour." Mr Smith concluded. 

He walked over to his seat, while Korra was allowed back to hers. She headed back with her head hanging low, her hair slightly covering her face. I could tell she had enough of this situation. Well everyone in the room could see that. She was stuck in the middle of a rivalry between her parents. That never really ends well.

After another hour of the trial, we were let out for a short break. As soon as it was declared, Korra sprinted out of the courtroom and pass the eager reporters outside. I followed her suit and found her sitting on a lonesome bench across from the vending machines. She had her head buried in her hands and as I approached her, she looked up. Her eyes we swollen slightly. I didn't notice it earlier from the make up she wore, but now it was quite obvious. I still found her beautiful.

I say next to her quietly. We stayed silent for a while, as she sniffled and wiped her tears away.

She laughed humourlessly. "I must look like a mess, huh?"

"You don't." I said.

"You're just saying that because you're my best friend."

"Maybe," I smirked at her. She hit me playfully on the arm and I faked a wince. She laughed a slightly off-spirited tune. She's so beautiful. Every thing about her is beautiful.

She noticed me staring too long and blushed slightly, giving colour to her slightly fading makeup blush.

She then placed her head on my shoulder.  Her head fit perfectly on the nook of my neck.

"Asami" She said after a while.

"You're the only one I need in this world." She continued. "I don't know what I would do without you."

"hmmm," I hummed in agreement.

"Don't leave me," She looked up at me, her eyes red from crying and full of fear. "Okay?"

I smiled warmly at her.

"Okay."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41K 1K 36
This takes place after korra and Asami's vacation. With both girls in a complicated relationship how does this effect the Avatar (WARNING) THERE WILL...
36.8K 1.5K 17
๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘–๐‘  ๐‘–๐‘  ๐‘Ž ๐‘ ๐‘ก๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ๐‘ฆ ๐‘œ๐‘“ ๐‘™๐‘œ๐‘ฃ๐‘’, ๐‘™๐‘œ๐‘ ๐‘ , ๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘‘ ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘“๐‘’๐‘’๐‘™๐‘–๐‘›๐‘” ๐‘œ๐‘“ ๐‘๐‘’๐‘–๐‘›๐‘” ๐‘™๐‘’๐‘“๐‘ก ๐‘๐‘’โ„Ž๐‘–๐‘›๐‘‘. ๐‘– ๐‘˜๐‘›๐‘œ๐‘ค ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’๐‘š ๐‘Ž๐‘™๐‘™ ๐‘ก๐‘œ...
43.9K 1K 53
Have you ever been friends with someone since elementary school, until you had to go different ways. Well I did and up until college I thought I woul...
39.9K 1K 15
This is a korrasami story it starts off with Mako and Korra dating but mako ended things off with Korra because he no longer has feelings for her. Ko...