Watched (a MCSM fanfic)

By Athena_Now_Inactive

Ever wonder why the OOTS's amulet had the black and gold? It wasn't just for decoration, or just to hold it t... More

A/N
OC Profiles
Prologue
Chapter 1: Out of an Adventure and Into Another
Chapter 2: A New Enemy
Chapter 3: The Others
Chapter 4: Discovery
A/N
Chapter 5: Run
OCs (CLOSED)
Chapter 6: Caught
Chapter 7: I can't think of a name for this chapter soooo.............
Chapter 8: Explanations
Chapter 9: Introductions
Chapter 10: Escape Plan
Chapter 11: The Calm Before the Storm
Chapter 12: Escape
Chapter 13: Run, Run, and Did I Mention? RUN!
Chapter 14: Old Friends
Chapter 15: History Part I
THANK YOU
Chapter 16: History Part II
Chapter 17: History Part III
Chapter 18: A New Plan
Tagged
Chapter 19: Worlds
Chapter 20: Old and New Friends
Chapter 21: Fire and Water
Chapter 22: Fire World, Sky World, and....FOOD!!
Chapter 23: Searching
Chapter 24: Puzzles and Jailbreaks
Chapter 26: *needs a name for this chapter*
Chapter 27: Dead and Gone
Chapter 28: Lost and Found
Chapter 29: *the story progresses and I don't have a name for this chapter*
Chapter 30: The Phoenix
Chapter 31: The Dragon
Chapter 32: 2/3 Mission Accomplished
Chapter 33: Return
Chapter 34: Reunion
Chapter 35: More of a Reunion Since We Get to All of the Characters...
Chapter 36: An Idea (the author is running out of chapter title ideas)
Chapter 37: Location
Chapter 38: Battle Game
Chapter 39: Battle Game End
Chapter 40: Enchantments and Curses
Chapter 41: Enchanting
Chapter 42: Caught
Chapter 43: Taken (I really need better chapter names)
Chapter 44: TNT Cannon
Chapter 45: Final Battle Part I
Chapter 46: Final Battle Part II
Chapter 47: Final Battle Part III
Chapter 48: Final Battle Part IV
Chapter 49: Aftermath
Chapter 50: Celebration
Thank You

Chapter 25: One Step Forward, One Step Back

93 7 2
By Athena_Now_Inactive

Whew!  Nearly forgot to post this (ironically it was the fact that I had writing class today that I remembered.  It is SO hard getting back into schedule).  Anyways, here's the next chapter!

Jess's POV.

While we were walking, I suddenly felt a sharp sting on my feet and flinched. Besides Electra, everybody else did too, and I saw us all flash red for a minute.

"Oh shoot, the fire resistance wore off," Griffin muttered. "And I don't have another one because I thought one was enough."

We stopped at a patch of glowstone. "So now what?" I asked.

"Well I'm immune to the fire, so I don't know about you guys," Electra said.

"Could we maybe build over it?" Lukas suggested.

"What do we even have?" Petra #2 asked. "I don't know about you guys, but I didn't come prepared for a building competition."

A quick check of our inventories weren't hopeful, either. Lukas had some wood, but that was too flammable, Jazz had some random dirt and cobblestone, and Griffin had only about half a stack of cobble.

"How deep do the magma blocks go for?" I asked Electra.

"Pretty deep," she replied, "Even I'm not too sure, but tunneling probably wouldn't work. I don't remember any of our tunnels being here either."

"Well, I don't think I want to, or can, in that matter, carry two of you while flying," Griffin said.

We ended up just running from glowstone path to glowstone patch, occasionally grabbing onto spikes, but it definitely slowed us down.

After about the tenth patch of glowstone, I noticed that my food bar had decreased quite a bit, and because of that, my health wasn't regenerating much either. Griffin was okay, she had been flying from patch to patch, but Jazz and Petra #2 were also losing hunger and health.

"Do you have any more food?" I asked Griffin. She rummaged through her inventory for a bit, then pulled out some bread and handed it to us.

"I think that's the last of it," she said. "I have some healing potions, but I don't want to use those if we can help it."

The three of us ate quickly, and soon, most of our health had returned, although now we were out of food.

"I don't think running is going to help now, is it?" I murmured. "With no food, we'd starve anyways, if we don't burn to death first."

"I don't think you need to," a familiar voice made us all jump and whirl around.

Herobrine.

OCs:

After the entrance closed, the tunnel was swathed in darkness, save for the light coming from River's lapis necklace.

"How long does this tunnel go for?" Rush asked, her voice echoing along the walls. Although the ceil was quite high, the walls were pretty narrow.

"Who knows, we've never actually gone in," River explained. "We just found out how to open the door awhile ago."

They walked in silence for a while, their footsteps echoing along the walls. Eventually, they stopped when a wall of thick, tangled, vines covered the path. Torches also were on the walls now, providing some lighting. A sign read: Here are ten vines tangled together. At least nine of them are connected to the ceiling of the cave to hold it together. If you cut one of those, the cave will collapse.

"So I'm guessing we have to cut the right vine?" Purple checked.

"Yeah, but something seems off..." Rush trailed off, thinking.

They started to examine the vines, taking note of which attached to the top of the cave, however, once they had looked thoroughly over them, they realized all of them led to the ceiling.

"Maybe we missed it?" Mizuko suggested. Another look proved to be futile.

"Maybe we should just cut one and hope it's right?" Morgan joked.

"Unless you think we can avoid a tunnel collapse, then I doubt it."

They walked around, confused, until Mizuko, sighing upward in exasperation, saw an oddly shaped bump on the roof of the cavern. Upon closer inspection, she realized it was a button. She called the others over.

"I think there's a button up there," she said, pointing up.

"Can anybody reach it though?" Rush asked.

Well, nobody could. They couldn't use water, because they didn't want to destroy the button, and nothing else seemed to work either. Purple had tried teleporting up to grab it, but fell before she could hit it. It was too narrow to fly up to, and they didn't want to risk throwing a weapon up. Eventually, they resorted to standing on each other's shoulders, forming what looked like a strange pyramid.

"Stop wobbling!!" Morgan yelled as she fought to keep her balance.

"We're trying!!" River yelled back, nearly collapsing under their weight. Her, Rush, and Ashio were at the bottom, trying to hold three people on top of them. Mizuko and Purple were standing on their shoulders, with a balancing Rush on top. However, they still couldn't reach it. It seemed as if it was on the highest part of the cavern.

"Al...most...there," Morgan strained her hand upwards, nearly falling. "Okay, you know what? I'm gonna try to jump and reach it."

"WHAT?!" the five balancing her yelled.

"Just catch me!" she leapt up, using Mizuko and Purple as a launch pad, causing them to fall, and slammed her hand on the button. She landed on top of the heap of fallen people.

"Ugh...all this work for one button..." Purple muttered.

However, it wasn't in vain, because a doorway opened up next to the wall.

"Wait, so we didn't need to solve it in the first place? We just needed to hit the button?" River said incredulously.

"The sign said: At least nine of the ten are connected," Rush realized. "At least usually means more than the number said, so all of them must've been connected. Which means there was just another way."

"Well, onto the next puzzle!" Morgan grinned.

Everyone groaned.

S&A

After a bit of walking, Steve and Alex both stumbled across something that seemed like a brewing room, along with an enchantment room across from it. A quick look through the chests there equipped them with some potions, and some were quite powerful as well. Healing V, Instant Damage V, Decay III (the wither effect), Resistance IV, Regeneration V, and even some really rare and difficult to make, flying potions.

"I wonder why Herobrine even needs these if he's so powerful," Alex wondered.

"Dunno."

They grabbed some then left and went to go check on the enchantment room. Apparently, Herobrine had managed to make a enchantment table that required no experience, and also gave pretty powerful enchants, like Sharpness X, Knockback V, and Fire Aspect IV. They also enchanted their bows with Infinity, Power VII, and something called Lightning II, which they assumed stuck lightning where ever the arrow hit. The pick had also been enchanted with Efficiency, and their armor had some form of protection on it, Feather Falling, and something that they had never heard about, called Surefooted IV. It came along with one of the Feather Falling enchants, so they just went along with it.

They were about to leave, and Alex was about to try for one more random enchantment on her sword, when she got something called Precision III. "What does this do?" she asked Steve.

"Hmm, I guess maybe like to improve your accuracy?" he guessed.

Alex thought for a while, then positioned it above her wrist, right over the metal band. "Only one way to find out."

"Will that even be able to break it?" Steve mused.

"Oh, good point. I wonder if a strength potion would help..." she walked back to the brewing room, and found a Strength V potion. She pocketed some in case, then found some gunpowder to make one of them a splash potion.

When it was done, she splashed it on her and Steve, then lifted the sword. "Three...two...one!" and swung downwards, aiming for her wrist. As soon as she heard the sound of metal against metal, she stopped and watched the band slide off.

"Did it work?" Steve asked.

She opened her palm, and a flame flickered to life, dancing in her hand. She smiled. "Yes."

Surprisingly, Wattpad is not yet completely blocked on our Chromebooks.  It doesn't work in school, but it does at home and apparently the library (where I'm posting this).  So hopefully I can try to keep up with updates!
Cya next chapter!
~Griffinᾦ

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8K 103 10
"Her fingers... is that cobblestone?!" Following the events of MCSM: Season 2, legendary heroes Jesse and Petra race against time to find the cure to...
66.6K 1.4K 38
I am seriously IN LOVE with Minecraft Story Mode by TellTale Games. So I have no idea what I have created. Playas: Jesse Jess (Female Jesse) Olivia A...
9.6K 542 26
A once free and happy minecraft player, who had finally overcome his disaster of a past, finds himself trapped in a place he'd never imagined he'd se...
48K 1K 53
Check out my newest one shot book for more recently written one shots! A bunch of short stories based on the adventures of Jesse and her friends from...