One Year

De passtheduch

One Year, that's what they agreed upon. That's why she worked so hard to please him. That's why she did eve... Mais

Death and Rebirth
Siri Chen, Third Young Miss
Decree
Wedding Day
Wedding Day (2)
Wedding Night
Lesson
Lesson (2)
Lesson (3)
Attack
Attack (2)
Doctor
Confrontation
Asking For Help
Asking For Help (2)
First Steps
Engagement Party
Engagement Party (2)
Engagement Party (3)
Engagement Party (4)
Engagement Party (5)
Useful
Ultimate Heaven Elixir
Suspicious
Painting
Flowing Lily Courtyard
Trouble
Trouble (2)
Trouble (3)
Looking For Trouble
Prince Ronin's Birthday Party
Smoke and Shield
Smoke and Shield (2)
Smoke and Shield (3)
Questions
Heart To Heart
Connection
Gift
Treatment
Treatment (2)
Treatment (3)
Hard Work
Gift (2)
Gift (3)
Gift (4)
Gift (5)
Gift (6)
Gift (7)
Queen
Happy? Fun?
Glad
Red String
Wedding (1)
Wedding (2)
Wedding (3)
Wedding (4)
Wedding (5)
Plans
Seven Months
Another Year
Sisters
Luna's Wedding
Twisted Games
Taiyo Flower
First Fight
Make Up
Mission
Open Hands and Open Heart
Spring Hunt
Spring Hunt (2)
Spring Hunt (3)
Spring Hunt (4)
Spring Hunt (5)
Spring Hunt (6)
Spring Hunt Day 2 (1)
Spring Hunt Day 2 (2)
Spring Hunt Day 2 (3)
Pleas
Wake Up
Queen (2)
Today
Changes
Checkmate
Reunion
Tease
Remedy
Remedy (2)
Lady Chunhua
Challenge Accepted
To Entice A Dragon
To Entice A Dragon (2)
Six
Harvest Moon
Harvest Moon (2)
Harvest Moon (3)
Harvest Moon (4)
Mia
Confessions
The Fall Of The House Of Wang
The Fall Of The House Of Wang (2)
Promise
Bicker
Concubines
Spring Hunt (7)
Spring Hunt (8)
Spring Hunt Day 2 (4)
Journey
Journey (2)
Journey (3)
Name Suggestion Competition (CLOSED!!!!!)

Mia's Funeral

53.1K 1.4K 309
De passtheduch

In the end, Chunhua did not apologize.  She thought she was doing the right thing for Ryu.  She refused to apologize to Minister Bovi because she didn't feel guilty or sorry. 

"Who told that mousy, nosy bitch to interfere?  If it wasn't for her, Ning would have succeeded!"  Chunhua shouted.  "Chunhua was doing the right thing!  Brother Ryu, how could Brother Ryu betray Chunhua?! It's because of that whore that Brother Ryu doesn't look at Chunhua!  It's because of that whore that Brother Ryu betrayed Chunhua!  It's because of that whore that Brother Ryu killed Disciple Sister Ning.  It's because of that whore that Brother Ryu killed Lorena and my Father!  What does she have that Chunhua does not have?  Why is it that Brother Ryu can do all these horrible things to Chunhua when Chunhua only did things to help Brother Ryu?

Ryu's rage within him exploded.  He held his anger back to get her to confess.  But now Chunhua has crossed the line. She called his Siri a whore so many times, he couldn't contain his anger any longer.  A huge, thick pressure surrounded everyone, causing them to all kneel.  Even the shadow guards knelt.  Some of the  weaker Ministers and Generals weren't able to withstand the attack and began to bleed from their nose and the corner of their mouths began to trickle down blood. 

"If it weren't the fact that your blood would wash away Lady Mia's sorrow, this King would have taken your life right this moment."  Ryu's cold tone made everyone shiver in fear.  Only a handful has seen Ryu actually fight, so they didn't know how ruthless he could be.  To be faced with such a cold pressure, was a rude awakening of how strong their new King truly is.  No wonder there were a lot of Generals who sided with him and not the other Princes.  "This King has never held you in this King's heart.  You were always this King's disciple sister and nothing more.  This King never made you any promises, never smiled at you, never laughed along with you, never gave you a gift.  What makes you think that this King wants to be with you when this King loves Queen Siri more that life itself?" 

"Lies!  Lies! Lies!  She's making you say that!  She changed Brother Ryu!  She did something to Brother Ryu to make Brother Ryu be so mean to Chunhua!" 

Ryu was about to go on a tirade when Siri's hand comes up and holds on to Ryu's arm, silencing him. 

"No matter what you say to her.  She won't believe you.  She'll only believe what's in her mind and in her heart.  You'll just be wasting your breath." Siri told him.  "Let them go, they have done nothing wrong."

Ryu looked at his strong and calm Queen as he took a breath to relax his state of mind.  And in moments, the cold, heavy pressure disappeared. 

"Call the Royal Doctors to check on those that have been injured."  Siri ordered.  "Bring Lady Chunhua into prison.  Make sure she's heavily guarded and that she doesn't have anything on her body that would help her escape.  Lady Chunhua has a blood debt to pay to my Concubine Sister Mia of the First Rank." 

Siri's orders were quickly completed as the guards pulled Chunhua up to stand. 

"You whore!  You're nothing but a lying whore!" Chunhua kept spewing out. 

Ryu couldn't hold his anger inside of him any longer.  In a blink of an eye, he was no longer sitting on his throne.  He was in front of Chunhua and with one hand, he had his hand around her neck as he raises her entire body off the floor. 

"Speak such disgusting words about my Queen again, and I'll make sure you regret meeting me."  Ryu told her. 

Chunhua's tears fell as she couldn't do anything but swing her legs.  Her pleading eyes stared down to his dark abyss onyx eyes and for the first time she saw hate.  He hated her.  Her Brother Ryu hated her.  Right before the black and white spots began to appear before her eyes, Ryu lets her go as she drops down to the ground.  Chunhua coughs and gasps for air as she cries harder. 

"It's your fault!  It's all that whores fault!"  Chunhua squeaked out as she coughed and gasps for air.  "It's because of that whore that Brother Ryu hates Chunhua!" 

Ryu suddenly kicked Chunhua.  Her flying body hits a pillar and knocks her out as blood drips out of her mouth. 

"Take her to prison.  Her death is mine to take." Ryu told everyone. 

He wasn't going to let the executioner kill her, no, it would be his pleasure.

----------

Two days later it was Lady Mia's funeral.  Everyone wore white and paid their respects to the first concubine of King Ryu.  Lady Soona and Minister Bovi stands to the side of the coffin with a solemn face.  The daughter, who they raise with so much hope, finally became the King's concubine, but was no longer alive to live it.  If they would trade all the things they have recently receive as her bride price and their change in rank, they would give it all back to have her back alive and living beside them again.  They would learn how to cherish her.  Learn how to love her better. And now all they had was regret and materialistic things to fill the void of her presence. 

Everyone parted and bowed when Ryu and Siri was announced.  They would be burying Mia in the royal cemetery with the highest honor anyone could receive.  Behind them a disheveled Chunhua was pulled to the front.  Her beauty was ruined as a black eye and a broken nose could be seen.  Her hair was knotted and loose.  Her dress stained with blood and dirt. 

Siri watched as Chunhua stared back at her with eyes of hate.  Blaming Siri for making Ryu hate her.  For making Ryu hit her.  For making Ryu kill her family.  For making Ryu blame her.  When all she wanted was to help him get out of his marriage so he could live a happy life. 

Chunhua knelt the whole time, in front of Mia's coffin as the death ceremony continued.  For four hours, under the hot afternoon sun, Chunhua glared hatefully at Siri.  If her mouth wasn't gagged, she would have spouted hateful words at that whore who enchanted Brother Ryu! 

Siri didn't pay her any attention and paid her respects to Mia and her family.  When it came time to kill Chunhua, Ryu took out his dagger and walked towards Chunhua.  Chunhua shook her head no, her eyes pleading with Ryu as he made his way towards her.  Her eye caught their Master Teacher and begged him to help her, but Master Teacher Tsuyoi looked away as if their eyes never met. 

Chunhua's death was slow and painful.  Everyone had to stay and watch as Ryu gave Chunhua 1000 cuts.  1000 cuts from head to toe, there was nothing left the resembled a beauty that could bring down cities.  Two guards had to help hold her up as she slowly bled.  Siri watched Ryu as he made those 1000 cuts and counted along with him with each stroke he made against her skin.  She knew how hard it was to him to do it, so towards the end, she walked beside him and held his hand.  His surprised eyes looked into hers as she guided his hand to continue.  If he was going to stain his hand with Chunhua's blood, then she'll stain hers as well.  They were a team and she wasn't going to let him only dirty himself and let her stay clean.  No.  They would help hold each other up.  Help carry each other's burdens.  Help share each other's sadness.  Help support each other when it became too much for the other. 

Chunhua was thrown on the ground as the last cut was made by Siri and Ryu.  Her barely gasping to breath body stayed on the ground as she kept glaring hatefully at Siri.  Without a word, Ryu took the dagger and dug out her eyes.  He didn't like the way it kept staring at Siri. Her squirming and gagged screaming body was held down with Ryu's foot as he popped one eye out at a time.  Her muffled screams could be heard, but no one dared to help.  No one dared to move.  No one dared to even breath. 

Ryu dropped both eyes and stepped on them, squishing them. He then came back to stand next to Siri.  Both of their right hands were bloody, but they didn't wipe the blood off.  Everyone waited until Chunhua died before Ryu dismissed them to go back home. 

It took hours to make the cuts and hours for Chunhua to finally die. Finally it was only Ryu, Siri, their servants and their guards who stayed back.  Servants came to pick up Chunhua's mutilated body and threw in the woods so the animals could feast upon the body. 

A guzheng was placed in front of Mia's coffin as the servants began to put the coffin into the hole they dug up to bury Mia.  The sun had set, the moon had risen and lanterns were lit.  Everyone waited for their Queen in silence.

Siri had sat down in front of the guzheng and her hands shook above the strings for a long time, trying to quell her heart before she plucked her first note.  And in a shaky yet soft voice Siri played the guzheng and sang. 

How frequent does the moon appears bright?
Raising my cup I asked the heavens.
Not knowing the grand palaces in heavens.
Which year is it tonight?

For I desire to return with the winds
But I fear for this jade palace which I dwell.
For it is lonely at the top
So I begin my dance with my clear shadow
Can anything on earth compare to that!

Twirling around the vermilion pavilion
Beneath the silk gate
shining through my sleeplessness
not having regrets
But why must the moon be full when we are parted?

For man encounters sorrow and joy, meeting and parting.
Like the moon appears in clouds and clear, full or in crescent
For this had never been perfect
I wish that that we will meet forever
For we share the moon even when miles apart

When Siri's last note ended, everyone was in tears.  Silently crying as her goodbye song spoke out to them.  Siri took the guzheng and carried it over to the hole that Mia put in earlier.  She gave the guzheng to the servants as they placed the guzheng over Mia's coffin.  Siri watched as they began to bury Mia with her guzheng.  Hoping that Mia would use Siri's guzheng in the afterlife.  Hoping Siri's song reached her.  Wherever she is. 

*******************

Author's Note:  Again, the song Siri sang is not mine.  Credit goes to those who they belong to.  The song is actually a pretty famous Chinese song sung by Tresea Teng then years later it  was sung by Faye Wong.  If you're interested in the song here's the link. 

Teresa Teng version:

Faye Wong version:

Guzheng version:

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

9.4K 107 4
She had everything she ever wanted in her life. She had a wonderful man who truly loved her. A tragedy comes and took him from her. What will she do...
28.3K 871 93
Evelyn, a modern woman, finds herself suddenly transmigrated into a novel where her peaceful life is turned upside down by a crazy Duke who happens t...
611K 24.4K 77
After dying in a tragic accident, Rhianne found herself transmigrated in a novel world as a character. To her much disappointment, she became the cha...
59.7K 4.1K 16
-- PROLOGUE "Let me get this straight. We have nothing in between us, except for the deal we made that day" he spoke in a monotonous tone. "I am the...