ExtraOrdinary

By OriginallyMundane

"Awe, what's the matter, Princess? Cat got your tongue?" Sin smirked. "I am not a Princess," I declared. He s... More

Before Reading
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Authors Note
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Authors Note
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty- Three
Note
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty- Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Please Read
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Questionnaire!
Chapter Forty- Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty- Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Note
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty- Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Epilogue
New story!
NEW BOOK

Chapter Twenty

9.8K 421 125
By OriginallyMundane

Warning: has not been edited

The diner was a tiny crevice building shoved in between a warehouse and a dutch pastry shop. It was bustling when we arrived but as soon as we stepped foot into the small building, it was silent.

Everyone's attention was on us- well, Sin.

You see, with a semi small and quiet town, things get around easily. Sin had been the talk of the town since he went away for some unknown reason. Now that he's back, well, there would be more talk and more fear of him and his ways.

The older people looked at him briefly and quickly looked away when he caught their gaze. The younger girls swooned and gawked with a lustful look; while the guys on looked with envy and jealousy.

"You know, it's rude to stare, right Sin?" I asked loudly. He looked at me briefly, confused, before I look of understanding dawned on him.

"Yeah, it is," he snarled and looked around. Everyone's eyes widened and they quickly looked away. We made our way to a booth; Decland sat across from Sin and they both looked up at me expectedly.

I looked in between the two, Decland gesturing me to sit beside him and Sin just looking at me. Making up my mind, I sit beside Decland. His arms shoots out around my shoulders and tugs me closer to him- ultimately, making my cheeks flame a brilliant red. I hear Sin huff from the other side and look out of the window at nothing.

"So," I start awkwardly, "how was your day, Sin? Have you finished the assignment for Higgins?" I glance at the menu, already knowing what I would like.

He gave me a deadpanned look as if to say 'are you serious?'

"What?" I asked.

Decland was chuckling beside me. When I looked over at him he just shrugged and said, "He doesn't do assignments. He makes other's do it for him."

Sin gave him a harsh glare and turned towards me, "Don't listen to that moron. Yes, I finished it on the first day."

Decland snorted while glaring at his brother.

I fidgeted my fingers under the table, feeling slightly uncomfortable with the brooding brothers.

The waiter came and took our orders for food and drinks then left to the kitchen to help prepare.

"So-"

I was cut off abruptly when Decland harshly said, "What is your problem, huh?"

"I don't have one. What's your excuse?" Sin sneered back.

"I don't have one yet, but the longer I look at you, the more of a problem I have."

"That's not what your ex-girlfriend said," Sin smirked.

Decland snorted again, "Like I care about that bit-"

"Okay! I am going to the restroom, I'll be back," I interrupted.

I hurriedly escaped from the booth, wanting to get away from all the testosterone invading the table like the plague.

A sigh left me as I entered the restroom. It was surprisingly neat for a tiny run down diner. I walked over to the porcelain sink and gripped the edges, needing a breather.

I knew it was a bad idea for the both of them to be here together. But somewhere in the back of my mind, I hoped it would somehow help them get over whatever little feud they had going on.

I splashed some cold water on my face before heading back.

Sin and Decland were leaning close to each other speaking intently in rushed whispers. My brows furrowed slightly but I shrug is off.

They became completely silent as I approached and just glared at one another.

Decland stood up abruptly mumbling something about forgetting to speak with coach after practice. He said goodbye, threw some money on the table for mine and his food and rushed out of the door.

I looked at Sin, gesturing to Decland's retreating figure. "Wanna tell me what that was about?"

"No."

"But-"

"Leave it, Avalon," Sin grit out.

"Okay," I merely whispered. He looked at me intensely as I ate my food. By the time I was full, he was up from the table and walking towards the door.

Since Decland drove, we have no ride and decided to walk.

It was nice out but chilly. The wind brought out a sense of serenity as we walked along the quiet streets to my neighborhood.

"I'm sorry," Sin broke the silence.

"For what?"

He pulled his black beanie down over his ears and adjusted his leather jacket to protect him from the cold. "I didn't mean to snap at you."

I nodded, acting like I understood even though I didn't.

I've slowly realized as I've gotten closer to him, that he was really a hit or miss kind of person. Someone that could be fine one moment and then on his period the next.

"Let's play a game," he said out of the blue.

"What game?"

"Twenty-one questions?"

Memories of Decland and I playing brought a small smile on my face.

"Sure."

He nodded as he thought about it.

"Okay, if you had to choose between Dylan or Cole Sprouse, which would you choose?"

"Cole," I replied without hesitation. He gave me a 'really' look and I shrugged. "Riverdale is life."

He chuckled as we kept walking. I shivered slightly and rubbed my hands together. My pockets were doing nothing to warm them.

Sin quickly grabbed my arm, halting us from walking. He reached for my icy fingers and brought then to his lips, cupping his hands around mine. His warm breath tickled my frosty fingers, warming them- and me. He kept eye contact with me, not breaking to even blink. The sea in his eyes were luring me in and pushing me further into the deep abyss of his irises- losing me in the tidal waves in his eyes.

The way his eyes held mine while his minty breath washed over my hands felt intimate. My cheeks flamed as he watched my reaction. He blew one more time, briefly looked down and kissed my hand gently.

He let's go and my hand falls beside me- our eyes still locked on one another. He reaches out towards my face before it quickly falls to his side- a war raging inside of himself.

"Next question," he says curtly.

We began to walk again as I thought of a question.

"What was it like? Going to boarding school," I was genuinely curious. No one I know has ever been- until now.

He pursed his lips.

"It was... Terrible. I didn't really have anyone there for me but one person; she had friends but they were just her friends. They didn't like me one bit. The food there was shit. The curriculum was shit. The people were.."

"Let me guess... Shit?" I finished for him with a chuckle.

"Exactly. It rained all the time there. The teachers really couldn't care any less than they already did. The rooms they gave us were tiny and cramped and entirely unlivable, but it didn't stop them," he said as he dug up old memories. "The headmaster was a real witch, I'll tell ya." He let out a grimace. "My turn. Why do you like Decland so much?"

"Uh," his question caught me completely off guard. I stumbled over a crack in the sidewalk catching myself before I face planted the cold cement. "He was always there for me, I guess. He always picked me up when you went out of your way to knock me down. He was... Nice to me."

"Even after Aria?" He asked glancing at me- his jaw was locked tight.

"He said he didn't know. He didn't know what was going on and he apologized. I trust him," I sighed.

"And me? Do you trust me?"

"Yes," I replied truthfully. I did trust him for some unknown reason.

"My turn. Hmmmmm... Okay, who did you miss the most while you were gone?" I asked as we reached my front door. I turned to face Sin, finding him already looking at me while I smiled.

His eyes scanned mine and looked all over my face, observing me.

"You."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6K 186 90
Kate Ross is your average teenage girl. Or, at least, she was. That all changed when her mother decided to cheat on her father and Kate had to move w...
483 6 19
Rowan Madeline North has always been a fairly average girl; she has an average school life, average sports skills, and admittedly below-average grade...
2.1M 53.7K 51
As a result of the tragic death of her father; Heaven Foster's life has mouldered into a exasperating cycle of moving from one home to another. Con...
533K 23.5K 48
||COMPLETE|| IF YOU HAVEN'T READ IT'S NOT HERS, DON'T READ THIS BOOK. [Trust me.] ***** He gently laid me on my bed and brushed back my tangled hair...