The Trainee - A J-Hope fanfic...

By SerialFandomer

Y/N just wanted to have a laugh with her friends, so she auditioned for BigHit Studios. But she got in and be... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Authors Note
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Now that you've finished....

Chapter 9

430 7 6
By SerialFandomer

Y/N POV:

A month had passed since J-Hope taught me the end of FIRE. The training schedule was pretty tight, so we didn't get much time to talk in person, but we texted frequently. Nothing important, just talking about our lives before we came to BigHit. We were pretty good friends now, and I was sort-of friends with the others. Jenny was pretty close to V, who had stopped talking to me as much as we didn't see each other as often in person, and I didn't have his number.

Looking at my phone, I saw that it was 3:00 AM. I quickly gathered my things and made my way out of the practise room and back to the dorm. On the way I got a text.

JH: Hey are you awake?

I smiled and replied.

Y/N: Yeah I'm just walking back to the dorm now. What's up?

JH: Nothing I'm just bored, I can't sleep. Why aren't you already in bed? You're going to be tired tomorrow.

Y/N: I needed to practise. If I ever want to debut, I have to be dedicated.

JH: About that... never mind.

Y/N: What? 

JH: Nothing.

Y/N: J-Hoooooppppeee tell me please?

JH: It's nothing, seriously. You'll find out soon anyways.

Y/N: Hobiiiii~

JH: Go to sleep Y/N. Talk to you tomorrow?

Y/N: If I'm not still annoyed that you won't tell me, sure. No promises. 

JH: Good night~

I sighed and turned off my phone. I had reached my room and quietly entered, trying not to wake Jenny. However, when I had shut the door and turned around, I realised she was still awake. Texting.

"Who ya texting?" I asked, picking up my pyjamas and walking towards the bathroom.

"Oh, just V. He's pretty funny you know." She replied without looking up. I turned around and cleared my throat to get her attention. When she looked up I winked at her, and then walked into the bathroom and got changed.

"Don't be winking at me. I know you talk to J-Hope all through the night when you get home. You probably just finished texting him, didn't you?" I could hear the smirk in her voice. 

"No! And don't try to turn this on me." I blurted out. Then I shook my head at my own stupidness. She had probably been joking, but my quick answer made it obvious. I didn't know what was going on in her head. We were just friends. Good friends.

Although... he was so funny, even just over text. And when we actually met up in the practise room we had some fun times. NOT LIKE THAT! We practised the dances I was learning together and he helped me fix my techniques. He really was a great dancer. I would never be on that level. And he was so good looking. Honestly, how can someone like that even be real? He always refused to do aegyo around me, but little did he know that I had already seen it. One time I was walking with Jenny and I saw him have an aegyo contest with Jimin. It was honestly the cutest thing I had ever seen...

NO! What was I thinking? He's a friend... Just a friend. That's all he'll ever be. 

I quickly walked out of the bathroom and got into bed, saying goodnight to Jenny and turning over. 

J-Hope's POV:

"J-Hope? Are you busy?" Someone shouted from the other side of the door. 

"Um, no why?" I asked, sending a quick text back to Y/N and turning off my phone as the person walked in. It was V. He saw me quickly placing my phone onto the bedside table and chuckled.

"Texting, Y/N? Cute. I was going to ask if you wanted to come get a 3AM-instead-of-midnight snack with me but you're busy texting her so I'm gunna leave you to it." He said, walking back out. I rolled my eyes and picked up my phone again.

Y/N: I needed to practise. If I ever want to debut, I have to be dedicated.

JH: About that... never mind.

Y/N: What?

JH: Nothing.

Y/N: J-Hoooooppppeee tell me please?

I sighed and shook my head just as Namjoon walked in. 

"What's up, hyung?" He asked, sitting on the end of my bed. 

"It's Y/N, I accidentally almost told her about... you know, the thing." I looked back at my phone, sending a text back before she got tired of waiting for a reply and spammed me, and turning my phone off. When I looked back at Namjoon, he shook his head.

"Man, you have to get better at keeping secrets. She's going to find out soon anyway, it's fine." 

"I know, it's just... exciting I guess? But at the same time, not." Namjoon nodded. 

"I understand. V almost told Jenny when I went to talk to him a couple of minutes ago."

"V is talking to Jenny? How can he tease me for talking to Y/N when he's talking to her?" I stood up, about to go talk to that idiot when Namjoon grabbed my arm. I looked back at him, frowning.

"Seriously though, Hoseok, don't tell her. We said we wouldn't." Nodding, I walked out and went towards V's room. 

Entering without knocking, I chuckled as I saw V lying on his bed texting away. He didn't even see me walk in.

"Dude, you might want to calm down with that texting. Your fingers might fall off. But on a more important note, how can you tease me for texting Y/N when you're texting Jenny?" He looked at me with his eyebrows raised.

"That's more important than my fingers falling off?" 

"Aish you're so stupid. Answer the question." 

"Because it's funny," he said, sitting up, "you get so annoyed. All you need to do is admit you like her, and then I'll stop. Maybe." 

I shook my head and walked out. I wasn't dealing with that right now.

Jenny's POV:

Jenny: Don't you think so, though?

TH: I don't know, I'm mainly doing it to annoy him. If J-Hope really did like Y/N, I probably wouldn't make this big a deal out of it. Probably.

Jenny: Well it doesn't seem like you see how much they text each other. Y/N keeps me awake all night with her phone light, texting J-Hope. 

TH: Jen, you're awake anyway. You're texting me till like 3am. If J-Hope texting Y/N so much means he likes her, then wouldn't that mean because you text me so much, you like me? 

Jenny: WHAT? Dude, no. A-and anyway, you text me back, so that'd mean you like me.

TH: Haha calm yourself, I was kidding. So what about Y/N? Do you think she likes J-Hope? 

Jenny: Oh, totally. 

TH: We should get them together.

Jenny: Hells yeah. Anyways, I'm going to sleep now. Good night~

TH: Night Jen Jen~

I turned my phone off and put it on the bedside table, turning to look at Y/N. I liked Tae. But as least I could admit it. Y/N needed to admit she liked J-Hope. 

Although I liked Tae, it wasn't as if it was a huge crush. More like a friend crush. It probably wouldn't last long, which was a good thing. I was kind of getting tired of the stupid happy feeling I'd get whenever he texted me. So annoying. 

I rolled over, thinking of ways I could get Y/N and J-Hope to go on a date together until I eventually fell asleep.

J-Hope POV:

I was sick of everyone thinking I liked Y/N. If I liked her then I would tell them. And so what if I did? What difference would it make to them? It's not a big deal. 

All she was, was a good friend. But if I thought about it, I could see why I might like her. She was stunning. The way her nose scrunched up ever so slightly whenever she laughed, and she always tried to hide it. The way she danced so elegantly, and how into the song she got. She seemed to forget her surroundings, and just focus on finishing. It was beautiful. 

Wait... what was I saying? What's wrong with me? And why did my stomach just feel all weird when I thought about all that stuff? I shook my head, I was being stupid. There was no way I liked her. 

Walking back to my room, I started to think.

But if I didn't like her... why did I always get that feeling when I saw her? The weird butterfly feeling whenever we made eye contact. Or even just thinking about her. If I didn't like her, how could I explain the uncontrollable smile that took over my face whenever I saw a text message from her pop up? 

Was I... falling for Y/N? But... she's a trainee. She needed to concentrate on her work. I nodded. I had accepted it. I had feelings for Y/N. But, I had to push them aside. If I really did care for her, I had to let her get on with her training. To let her succeed in life, without me distracting her. It may hurt, but I would have to start ignoring her. 

I sighed, lying on my bed. This was going to be difficult. 

A/N: So I've strayed a little.... ok A LOT from my planned schedule. Sorry! I'll try harder but school is starting up again soon and I should really pay more attention this year (ahah we all know that's not going to happen) but I'll try to upload as much as I can. Don't forget to vote and comment!

~Alex

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

254K 9.6K 35
"Dammit!" You slam the controller down on the table side as you watched your player died. A figure hovered over you. The man's hand extended for your...
179K 5.2K 26
Lilly is a 17 year old girl that is about to garaduate high school. Unfortunately her music teacher will send her to South Korea to another teacher t...
3.3M 169K 50
"If I can use my tears to make you smile....then it's more than worthwhile." ••• what happens when a musically talented boy from daegu occupies the e...
18.6K 613 17
CAN WE BE SAVED? "I don't have time to take worry about myself. My daughter - my eight year old daughter - is out there alone, and you can bet on wha...