The hidden truth of Number 11...

By elisemolly

Eleven is one of the few Loric left to fight for their kind and the civilisation of Earth against the Mogador... More

The hidden truth of Number 11. (I am number four)
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27

Chapter 15

1.2K 35 8
By elisemolly

Faintly I hear yelling and screaming from a distance. I shoot up from my bed, my warm cosy feet hitting the stone cold floor. I peer out the small rectangle window from my bedroom. It’s just past 11 o’clock; I can see a brightening orange glow just past a few buildings a few blocks away. The glow is rising and getting brighter.

A small thud sounds from the other room, almost instantly Nate is standing right next to me. BK barks at me from just beside my feet. I pick him up off the floor and hold him in my arms, giving him a view from the window also.

“Should we go check it out?” I ask questioningly               

“It could be a trap.” Nate answers cautiously

“I’ll go survey the surroundings first. Check what’s going on.” I say

I open the door to the balcony, peek my head just around the corner, I turn my head slowly to the right then to the left. I catch a glimpse of a dark shadow off to my left, a few rooms across from mine.

I move my head back in and point over to where I saw the shadow.

“There’s someone over there.” I whisper

Nate thinks for a bit, his eyes light up with a joyful gleam. He rushes out my door and back into the main lounge room of our apartment. He rushes over to a cupboard sitting in the kitchen. Moving a few things, I hear ruffling of different objects probably pots and pans. Nate stands back up bring out his wooden Loric chest. Plopping it on the counter he opens the lock and starts searching through the chest.

Eventually he brings out a violet coloured crystal with streaks of grey covering the surface. A grin spreads over his face and he tosses the crystal to me. I swiftly catch it in the palm of my hand and look questioningly towards Nate.

“What am I suppose to do with this?” I ask like it’s the most stupidest thing he’s ever done.

“Hold it to your chest. It’s a camouflage crystal. It changes your skin and clothes to the colours around you. You close your eyes and mouth and you’re almost invisible. Cool huh?” He says a goofy grin plastering his face.

 I hesitantly move it towards my chest, my heart rate is picking up, what if it does something weird to me? What if it doesn’t work? Without even realising it, its touching the surface of my skin. The crystal has a smooth covering it feels almost like its liquid. The rock instantly changes colour, the same as the wallpaper on the walls. A few seconds later my whole body is covered with the same colours as the walls.

To test the crystal I move to the wall placing my back against the hard surface.

“Can you see me?” I ask

“You have your eyes open dimwit, I can see your iris’ he answers sarcastically.

I blush from his remark thankful for the crystal, embarrassed because of how stupid I would of sounded. I close my eyes and steady my breathing, using my telekinesis to feel across my surroundings, trying my best to make no noise.

“Try and find me. Use your hands, no telekinesis.”

I picture his lips pouting at my statement. He really likes using his telekinesis.

“I found you!” He yells. I hear the swift movement of his arms further away from me but still close to the wall.

“What!? Damn you Jen!” he calls angrily.

I open my eyes and move swiftly behind him. He is still looking along the wall. I wrap my arms around his waist so quick I feel his whole body tense and jump at the same time.

“Enough! Go check it out already! Stop dawdling!” He pouts once again.

I nod quickly and move back over to the window. Still holding the small crystal against my chest. I walk back out onto my balcony. The crystal changing the colour of my skin to the colours of the night sky and glow of the street lights down below.

I’m about to jump out the window when I feel a small tug on my leg. I turn around seeing Bernie Kosar’s big brown eyes staring up at me.

‘you can come as long as you turn into a bird of some sort.’ I telepathically send to him so he can understand what I’m saying without jeopardising my position to the suspicious shadow I saw only just earlier.

Bernie Kosar trots back inside and remerges as a yellow sparrow ready to take off. I jump off the balcony fence feeling my legacy kicking in. The familiar smooth surface that I feel under my feet every time I fly. Flying feels like I never actually leave the ground, except the surface that I stand on when flying is much less dense than the ground. It feels almost as if I’m standing on an invisible cloud.

I soar over to the orange glow, presumably fire, Bernie Kosar flying directly beside me, his golden yellow wings spread apart as we glide through the air. We approach what looks like flames or what’s left of flames. But I still see people in the street taking cover behind cars and dumpsters. I slowly hover down to the ground, cautious of anyone seeing me.

Silence is all I hear with the slow crackling of the dying fire. No screams, nothing. All of a sudden I hear my screams and cries further down the street. I sprint the same way I heard the screams, many civilians running in the opposite direction. I hear what I think is gun shots but as I run closer they sound very similar to blaster shots, like the ones the Mogs have. What I don’t understand is why are the Mogadorians attacking this much. Usually when they attack humans its quick and all of the humans surrender instantly.

In the distance I see what I know are a pack of Mogs, holding various weapons, swords, blasters and I think I even see a few Kraul’s and Piken’s. Curious over takes me and I sprint up on the side of the battle, surveying the battle ground. I see a small army of Mogs on one side, their swords and blasters held up. On the other are a bunch of teenagers? What the hell? Teenagers why are they-  a girl with ravishing wavy blonde hair rushes at the Mogadorians a sharp glowing blue dagger suddenly she’s gone, I twist my head looking for the remains of her, alive or dead but I don’t see her. She appears again right in-between the Mogadorian pack watching her blonde hair swishing left and right, the blue light from her dagger stabbing at the Mogadorians truing them into to dust. Immediately I shift into battle mode. I bring my golden broach out. Click it, then quickly shove my small crystal into my bra keeping it in place so I can fight with both my hands. I fly out all you can see is my golden sword flying through the sky. Stabbing one of the Mogs then swinging the sword back behind my head slicing more Mogs confused of my floating sword.

‘Nate get down here! Mogs attacking!’ I telepathically send back to my hotel and to Nate’s mind.

I hear a giant roar, turning my head expecting a Piken to attack I see Bernie Kosar shifting into a giant beast. I hear whoops and yells of happiness from the bunch of teenagers originally fighting the Mogs. I swing again at a Mog but his sword hits my golden sword sending vibrations through the handle. The Mog takes a swing but he cannot see me fully. I do a back hand spring dodging his strike and quickly use my telekinesis to drag him forward impelling my sword deep into his chest.

Ash spreads across me and I advance on another Mog. I can faintly see what he’s going to do, what way his sword is going to move, the movement of his feet. I does the same movement as I just saw in my mind and I immediately duck under the high blow and slice at his side. He winces as my sword digs into his side. I veer round the back and stab him from behind. I’m about to try and take another Mog but I feel a giant arm wrap around my neck, putting me in a head lock. I’m clawing at his arm trying to loosen his grip. I feel my veins enlarging as the Mog cuts off my blood supply.

I hear a snap and slicing sound. I turn around and see Nate smiling behind me. His black hair what use to be short has slightly grown, his own glowing dagger sitting in his right hand. Already covered in ash we advance on a set of Mogs, teaming up together we fight.

“Nate! Behind you!” I yell to him.

He back flips over the top of the Mog what was about to stab him and stabs him from behind. I slice the last Mogs head off turning him to ash. Puffing heavily I turn to Nate and hug him. I reach down and grab the crystal out of my bra instantly turning me back to my normal look, except I’m covered in ash of course. I hand the crystal back to Nate and he puts it in his hoodie pocket.

I shake my head, trying to get the ash out of my auburn hair. I turn to the teenagers who were fighting the Mogs also. They are all bunched back together. I clutch at Nate’s arm and look towards the group cautiously and hesitantly. My eyes lock with the blonde girl. The one who I saw disappear. Curiosity overtakes my judgement and I want to know who these people are.

‘Should we leave or talk to them?’ I ask Nate telepathically.

A tall, lean brown haired girl, eyes so clear but hiding back emotion like something terrible has happened. She hesitantly takes a step towards us. Confusion obviously on her facial features. Worry overcomes me, she could try to kill us. They all could.

‘Stay there! Don’t come any closer!” I telepathically send the brown haired girl.

Her eyes widen and she looks around, confusion as to where my voice came from. Why is this always the reaction I get when I say something telepathically? She turns back to me again. Her eyes locking with mine. Realisation of something dawns on her.

“Please we mean no harm.” The brown haired girl says as she lowers a weapon to the ground. She turns behind her and nods her head at her accomplices, the blonde girl and a very tall, muscular boy behind her, looks maybe the age of 17 or 18, he has long black hair and a hard look on his face. They both look at each other and shake their heads at the brown haired girl.

“Who are you?!” I yell at the 3. Clutching at Nate even harder.

“My name is Marina, this is Stanley and Maren Elizabeth.” Marina says.

I questioningly look from each person. “I’m Jen, this is Nate.” I say hesitantly

Marina slowly takes a few steps towards us, I cautiously watch her every move.

“How did you do that?”Marina asks her eyes gesturing to me.

“What?” I ask knowing what she will say.

“You spoke to me. In my head.” She replies intrigued by what I did.

“I can just do it.”

“That’s not normal. What are you?” Marina questions

Stanley and Maren Elizabeth quickly end up right behind her, watching our every move. Marina seems to be the nicer one, the others seem to be cautious but very good fighters. As I’m scanning the 3 my gaze catches on Nine, his gaze studying me, I can make out a small necklace around his neck but can’t tell what is hanging off it.

I unconsciously start fiddling with my pendant, it’s what I do when I’m confused. My palm is covering the pendant so the 3 won’t be able to see it in case they are spies of the Mogadorians. I focus on the necks of all of them. Noticing they all have the same leather chain wrapping around, but unable to see what’s hanging off it on all of the 3.

I notice Marina looking at my hand her eye brows furrowed as to what I’m doing. I have an idea of whom or what they are but I am unsure. I move my palm for a split second revealing the edge of my pendant. Marina’s eyes widen as I move my palm.

She points her finger at my pendant “Where did you get that!?” she almost yells frantically

“It’s mine, it’s from my home.” If they are not Loric as I am suspecting at the moment then saying home could just mean I’m from a different country.

Marina starts running towards me, faster than humanly possible. Her expression frantic yet excited. Worry overcomes me, I don’t trust her yet so I use my telekinesis to hold her back.

“Your Loric! I can feel your telekinesis holding me back!” She says a smile spreading across her face.

“Marina! Stop! What are you talking about!” Maren Elizabeth warns Marina.

“I’m number Seven!” She yells at me. Confirming my suspicion.

Before I can answer Nate answers before I do. “I’m number Twelve, are there only 3 left of you?

Her eyes widen and her smile widens so big. “That’s Six” she says pointing at the blonde girl as she stands in front of me. “That’s Nine.” She says pointing at the muscular boy. “And no. We just lost our others, we don’t know where they are, they weren’t at our hideout.” She says

I speak up “The John Hancock building?”

“Yea how’d you-“ Marina replies

“We went there. I saw a vision, your friend John? Sam, Malcolm and a small young girl?” I ask

“Yea. Where was Sarah? And do you know where they went?”

“I don’t know Sarah. She must have been fighting. John healed Malcolm, Sam and Malcolm escaped out of the bedroom, presumably fled the building, maybe with Sarah-“

“What happened to John and Ella!”

Ella so that was the little girl’s name. The memories of that vision reappear like images presenting a slide show in my mind. “Ella was taken, by some of the Mogs. John and Bernie Kosar went after her. That’s all I saw.” I say “We found Bernie Kosar close to dead on the roof” I say pointing to the small beagle standing between my legs.

Marina’s face drops. All emotion fades from her once bright thoughtful face. I see her whisper something to Six and Nine. I faintly hear it but can tell the one sentence has so much pain in it. “First Eight, now Ella.” She mumbles.

“Is Eight dead?” I ask sadly, losing another will not help against the Mogs.

Tears form in Marina’s eyes as she nods her head slowly. Six steps forward and asks “Did you see Ella die, or did they just take her?”

“No they just carried her out of the room, she was sleeping like John, and then John woke up. The Mogs will probably use her as bait for you guys.” Marina’s face drops even lower.

“Their gonna hurt her.” A tear slides down Marina’s cheek, pain showing through her expression.

“We won’t let them. We’ll get her back, and find John.”

    *****

A.N.

Happy Easter guys. Wrote a long one for Easter hope you enjoy it. Not sure when the next update will be, hopefully soon. Finally found the remaining Loric, stars in the real Pittacus Lore books :) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9K 157 17
The third part in Number Ten (aka Christina)'s journey. She's gone into hiding with her beloved boyfriend Blake at her side, but that doesn't mean th...
70 8 5
What are we going to celebrate? What is going to happen... stick around to find out! A.N.--> this is in development, therefore previously published...
632 11 23
I do not own Lorien Legacies, just my own ideas! This follows the idea Marina and John took Five prisoner after discovering his island. Five's fate...
28.9K 542 34
A collection of original, adorable, and emotional Mileven moments I envisioned, that occur before other unknown villains and monsters from season 3 i...