Swing for the Fences (Dansby...

By LoveBraves11

Best friends Jessalyn and Bristol have finally graduated from Vanderbilt University. Upon returning to their... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33

Chapter 32

572 15 2
By LoveBraves11

Sorry for the delay! I promise I haven't forgotten this... I promise I won't leave you hanging too long. 😘

Ender finished up his shower and was ready for dinner. He felt so much guilt, even though he wasn't doing anything to harm Bristol or their relationship. But to know she thought such a thing, really got to him, "Bris?" He softly called out. He wanted this surprise, but he knew he couldn't do it anymore. He had to tell her right away, "Bristol? We need to talk, princesa!"

After a few more minutes of searching the house, he was at a loss for words. She never left without telling him, and more so, broken plans they'd made, "Bristol, where are you?" He sighed and stopped just beside the counter. A white sheet of paper caught him out of the corner of his eye. He quickly picked it up and read it out loud.

Whoever she is, I pray she's good to you. You deserve the best, so don't settle for anything less. I'm just sorry I wasn't it for you, Ender. I will be okay and make it through this, I always do. Please don't look for me. -Bristol

Ender stared at the letter in disbelief. Tears burned his eyes and he blinked to keep them from falling. He'd never in his life experienced so many emotions in one moment. His heart was broken into a million pieces as he thought of how lost she must feel. And their unborn son... how would he ever know him? Bristol couldn't have him alone, "What have I done?"

After a quick glance around the room, he rushed out the door. She had said not to look for her, but how could he not? He wouldn't stop until he found her, either. She was the love of his life, and she just so happened to be carrying some precious cargo that belonged to him as well. This was a terrible misunderstanding and he had to fix it. Some how, he had to find his girl and make it right.

♥♥♥

The week had flown by and Jessalyn and Dansby were back home before they knew it. Both were in agreement it had been the best week of their lives. They had shared so much, and if possible, their bond had grown even stronger over the course of seven days.

"Here we are!" Jessalyn grinned as she opened the door, "Bristol! Ender!" Neither had talked to their friends all week and as bad as it sounded, they really hadn't wanted to. They had been enjoying one another and knew their friends would be there when they got there.

"This place is sort of a mess," Dansby frowned as he picked up a cup off the table, "So un-Bristol like."

"Yeah, she's kind of a neat freak--" Jessalyn shrugged, "Maybe they were just too busy this week to keep things up-" She nudged Dansby with her elbow, suggestively.

He laughed and wrapped his arms around her from the side, "Like us?"

"Probably not that busy-" She mused and kissed him.

"Well, doesn't look like anyone is here-" Dansby surprised her as he gently pushed her against the wall. He placed his hands on the wall on either side of her. He didn't waste anytime pressing his lips to hers.

Jessalyn was lost in the kiss for a long moment, but pushed him away with a laugh, "Stop that. We don't know where they are, or when they'll be back!"

"True- but-" He gently feathered kisses along her jaw and down her neck, "That's why we have a room-"

"As nice as that sounds-" Her eyes slipped closed and she rested her arms around him, "We need to see our friends---"

"Friend-" Ender corrected as he walked in the back door and tossed his keys on the counter. He hadn't stopped looking for Bristol all week, but he had to admit, after five straight days of it- he was worn out. It showed, too.

The two broke apart and both glanced over to Ender, who honestly hadn't even looked at either of them. Jessalyn frowned as she stepped away from Dansby and followed Ender into the living room, "What's going on? Where's Bristol?"

"Good question. If you find her- let me know..." He sat back on the couch and turned on the television. He still refused to look at Jess. Honestly, it was too painful.

"What do you mean if I find her?" Jessalyn sat down beside him, "Ender, talk to me!"

"Okay," He turned to face her and met her gaze, "How was your honeymoon?"

"It was.. great, thanks but-- that's not what I meant," She felt the couch shift behind her and the strong grasp on her shoulders. Dansby was now behind her as she continued, "Ender, where is Bristol? Where is my best friend?"

"I... I don't know, okay?" Ender huffed, turning his attention away from them, "She left. That's honestly all I know." He felt his emotions creeping back in and attempted to fight it off. The last thing he wanted to do was break down with them watching, "I can't... find her."

"She wouldn't just leave-" Dansby spoke up and noted Ender's rough appearance. It seemed as if he hadn't slept all week, "There is no way. I know her-"

Ender glared over at Dansby, his tone a bit harsh, "I think I know her pretty well too, Swanson."

Jessalyn put her hand on Dansby's chest to calm him as she spoke to Ender, "I think what he means is are you sure she wasn't like... taken against her will? This isn't like her-"

"No-" He ran his hands over his face, "She left a note-"

"A note?" Jessalyn frowned, "Where... let me see it!"

"Fine, but you have to let me explain first-" Ender reached for the table and pulled the paper from under the lamp.

"Explain... what? What did you do, Inciarte?" Dansby's voice was now protective as he leaned closer to the other man, "Start talking."

"Dans," Jessalyn pushed him back, "Relax. Give him a chance to talk! He's obviously had a rough week-" She took the note as Ender handed it to her and frowned. Once she'd read it though, her attitude slightly changed, "Okay, Ender- what is she talking about? 'Whoever she is'? What?"

"That's why I said let me explain," He took the note back from Jess and sighed, "Come on you two, follow me-"

Once they'd stood and made their way down the hall behind him, he opened the door that used to be Bristol and Jessalyn's room. He quickly led them inside and flipped the light on. The smell of fresh paint and new furniture filled the small area and both of them gasp softly at the sight, "This," He pointed, "I was sneaking out to plan this. I met a couple a few weeks ago and they specialize in nurseries. I wanted to surprise her, but somehow she assumed I was sneaking off to date someone. Like I'd ever do that to her-" He moved to the dresser where a pic of them sat and he traced his fingers along the frame, "I got out of the shower and she was just... gone. I've exhausted my resources. She doesn't want to be found and now, I'm just never going to see her again..."

"Wow-" Jessalyn felt herself starting to cry. She tried to avoid it, but it was coming, "I'm sorry, Ender. We'll find her, I promise," Her arms went around him from behind and she rested her head against his back, "She loves you, trust me. Bristol just... she won't let herself be hurt-"

"She's right, Ender. Bristol had a hard life before she met you. She's always struggled with her moods, but since she's met you, she is a different person. And you two are having a baby. She'd never keep him from you."

"I'm not so sure about that," He sighed, "I just miss her unlike I ever thought it was possible to miss anyone..."

Jessalyn's mind was full of thoughts and she took a step back from Ender, "Do you boys trust me?" WHen they both nodded, she continued, "Good, because I'm going to need about twelve hours and for you two to wait for my command to move. You understand?"

"What do you mean?" Dansby frowned, as she started out of the room, "Where are you going?"

"I'm going to get our girl-" She paused and glanced up to Ender, "His girl-" She pointed with a smile, "Trust me. I know where she is."

They both nodded and Dansby stepped forward but kept his voice low, "Why can't I go with you?"

"He needs you-" She whispered and kissed him sweetly, "Please, he's been alone all week. Plus, I know where she is, without a doubt. I'll call you when I find her- okay?"

Dansby reluctantly nodded before he stole another kissed and stepped back, "I love you."

"I love you too-" She winked and moved passed him to hug Ender once more, "I've got this, I promise. And next time- don't keep something like this from your best friends."

"I couldn't ruin your honeymoon," Ender gave her a small smile and returned the hug. It felt beyond words amazing to have someone who understood you talk back, "Which I can tell was amazing."

"It was," Dansby piped in, "Trust me."

Jessalyn turned around and poked Dansby, "Save it for when we find Bristol, Dans. They both need to know-"

"Hey, I didn't say I needed to know-" Ender laughed, "Be safe, Jess. Please." He watched as she turned to leave. How he'd been blessed with such great friends, he had no idea. He did know one thing though, Jessalyn seemed confident she'd find Bristol. That was one glimmer of hope he'd be happy to hold onto.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.3K 167 13
In which a girl meets the only and only Dansby Swanson, also known as the kid who rejected her when they were 16.
46.8K 1.4K 25
Amariah and her family moves to New Orleans @ 12 she goes to a new school starts off fresh and she meets august they become best friends after years...
58.5K 429 30
Y/n is moving to Atlanta. What happens the first day at school? Why is she so popular? Why is her neighbor kinda...
351K 15K 26
Nico expects his college baseball career to be smooth sailing and even smoother curveballs. Instead, it's scorching summers and make out sessions beh...