Broken Crown ━ Remus Lupin (2)

By casuaIIy

❝The monsters were never under my bed. Because the monsters were inside my head. I fear no monsters, for no m... More

BROKEN CROWN
EPIGRAPH
ACT ONE: OPEN WOUNDS
PROLOGUE
I. JULY FOURTEENTH
II. NOTHING TO ME
III. THE NIGHT CORNER
IV. THE LIBRARY DEBACLE
V. A BAD NIGHT
VI. TENSIONS RISING
VII. PHYSICAL PAIN
VIII. LIES ARE PILING UP
IX. CHERRY BLOSSOMS
X. A SMALL VICTORY
XI. FOR EMERGENCIES
XII. BONDS WITH BROTHERS
XIII. AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR
ACT TWO: BATTLE SCARS
XIV. ALONE TO BRAVE THE WORLD
XV. PUSHING PAST PRIDE
XVI. SLYTHERIN GONE GOOD?
XVII. TWO DISOWNED, ONE DEAD
XVIII. A GINGER CAT
XIX. ON LOST TIME
XX. FIXING THE PAST
XXI. ONCE UPON A FULL MOON
XXII. WITH LOVE, GINGER
XXIII. TO REVEAL EMOTIONS
XXIV. EASIER SAID THAN DONE
XXV. MAN WITH A PLAN
XXVI. KISS THE GIRL
XXVII. THROUGH THE DARKNESS
XXIX. A DAY WITH FAMILY
ACT THREE: PARTY TATTOOS
XXX. GLASS SHARDS
XXXI. FOR TWELVE YEARS
XXXII. SCREAMS OF TERROR
FINAL NOTE
Q&A

XXVIII. MOVING IN, MOVING ON

5.3K 233 134
By casuaIIy

— chapter twenty eight —
MOVING IN, MOVING ON

IT WAS THREE weeks into summer when she had gotten an excited letter from Sirius exclaiming they, being the Marauders, had found an apartment complex to move into. She had grinned quite largely and showed the letter to Andromeda immediately who couldn't help the ghost of a smile creeping up on her face either.

Sirius said they were moving in two weeks later, asking his sister to help them, which she agreed with. She was spending the morning before she had to go help in the kitchen with Andromeda and her child, Nymphadora, eating bacon and drinking the coffee that she had grown to love. They didn't have that drink at the place she used to live at.

Her hair was in a messy bun that Andromeda also taught her how to do one morning when they were going to the park for some sunshine. Remelda looked into the living where Nymphadora sat on the ground, watching the muggle cartoons that even the teenager liked. They were different, infuriating, and intriguing all at the same time – like most muggle things.

"Which one is that again?" her asked her cousin, who was bouncing around the kitchen trying to finish breakfast, which included eggs and toast as well.

"Hm?" Andromeda gave a small noise but didn't spare Remelda a glance, continuing to cook the eggs.

Remelda tore her eyes away from the cartoon containing the talking dog and shaggy-looking man. "The cartoon," she clarified.

"Oh," finally, the woman took a glance at the TV before continuing her work, "Scooby-Doo. Dora loves it, and it keeps her distracted long enough I can do other stuff."

"I can tell," Remelda hummed in agreement, taking a look at the young child, "Her hair is bright pink."

Andromeda smiled, looking at her daughter for a second and feeling happy. Nymphadora was a Metamorphmagus and often, on the mornings when she awoke Remelda, was her favorite cartoon character that morning, scaring the living shit out of her.

Her smile was bright as she shook her head and brought the eggs onto a plate, "That's her favorite color. Wanted her walls to be that bright pink, but Ted said no."

"Why would he deprive a child of bright, pink walls? I think they'd be wonderful," Remelda cried.

Andromeda smiled, "I know, but then we'd have to buy new furniture because the light wood doesn't go with pink at all. She threw a tantrum and didn't talk to him for a whole day before she started crying and apologizing."

Remelda laughed, imagining the scene, "She sure sounds like Ted."

"Yeah, no Black traits in her," Andromeda agreed, "I like it, helps me remember I'm not apart of them anymore, but then it's like she's not my daughter at all."

At this, the teenager gave her a sympathetic look, "Andromeda, she gets being a Mtamorphmagus from you. I think it's a pretty clear sign she's your daughter."

Andromeda gave her a grateful look, seeing the toast pop up and bringing them onto the other plates. "Thank you, Remelda," then she buttered the toast, "What time are you supposed to be over there?"

Both of them knew what the woman was referring to, so Remelda answered it, "Around noon, maybe later. Sirius said they would order pizza once all the furniture was in their place."

"What about Lily's?"

Remelda shrugged, "I don't know. It's probably the same deal."

The woman poured orange juice into three different cups, "And how long will you be staying?"

"Two weeks, probably," Remelda took a sip of her own drink, "Just to help them settle in. I know I'll be back for the week before school starts again."

"Right...school," Andromeda muttered to herself before looking at her cousin, "Are you sure you don't wanna transfer?"

"What good will that do? Once they know who I am I'll just be isolated again. But it's fine, I'll be fine, so don't worry about it."

Andromeda sighed, "Even though you say that, I'm not gonna stop. I remember how it was for me after everyone found it...I don't want that to happen to you."

Remelda shook her head, "It won't even matter if it does. I'll be fine, I've gotten to use to how everyone acts. Really, I'll be fine."

"If you say so," Andromeda muttered again before smiling sweetly to Remelda, "Would you be dear and get Dora for me?"

"Of course," she stood up from her seat at the table and went into the living room, seeing the small child on the floor staring up the TV with such wonder. She bent down, smiling at the child, "Come on, Nymphie, we gotta go eat breakfast."

The small child frowned, "But I wanna watch Scooby!"

She sighed, "I know, and it'll still be on once you finish your food. Plus, I'm pretty sure you'll be able to still watch it from the kitchen."

"Really?" Nymphadora's eyes lit up so brightly, and once Remelda nodded, she stood up, racing to the kitchen. "Come on!"

Remelda stood up back, watching the child run and smiled. The happiness in her eyes...it was a happiness she knew was never seen in hers as a child. It was never allowed for her happiness didn't come from the 'joys' her parents gave her.

She returned to the kitchen to see Nymphadora already sitting at the table with a plate in front of her next to the seat Remelda was in. This was nice. This was family.

"That's the last box," Sirius let out a huge sigh as he placed the object on the ground.

Remelda, who was in the kitchen already unpacking the dishes since they claimed she couldn't help with the boxes, looked at her brother with such excitement. "Pizza time?"

He nodded but said, "I don't see why you're so excited. I mean, it's pizza and amazing, but I just don't get it."

"Maybe it's because I've never had this greatness called pizza before," Remelda sarcastically said, seeing her brother freeze and turn to her with a look of sorrow. She just cracked a smile, "It's alright, Sirius, just order the pizza. I wanna try it."

"Of course, m'lady," he teased, going to order the pizza as Remelda chuckled to herself.

It was only a moment later when she felt a pair of arms around her waist, and, turning around slightly, saw Remus there with a smile. "Hi," he whispered.

"Hi," she said back, smiling. He looked so beautiful in that moment, in the light from the small window in the kitchen.

"What do you think of the place?" he asked her after giving her a short peck on the lips. Really, her brother and Nadia were also in the flat and could walk in on them at any given moment so the kiss could only be short and sweet.

"It's small," he gave her a blank look, "Sorry, but our old house was quite the space and even Andromeda's house has more room. I'm not used to everything being so close."

"Well I think it's cozy," he said in response, giving her another kiss. She liked it when they kissed.

"I never said it wasn't cozy," she gave her own pointed look, "Only that it was small. But I think it could do with some rugs and, well, furniture actually laid out and not just sprawled over."

"And that's why you and Nadia are here to help. Sirius and I wouldn't be able to do shit," Remus said, "Peter could've gone a good job."

"Speaking of him, where is he? I thought you said he was supposed to be here," she frowned at him.

"He was," Remus nodded, "But last night he called and said he wouldn't be able to make it. Pete's been doing that a lot lately, flaking. I don't know what's going on with you."

"Well, call him up," she suggested, not really sure what else to say in the situation.

"I tried. He didn't pick up."

She looked at him with sympathy, resting her hand on his arm, "Then I'm sorry."

He nodded, "Me too."

Sirius' booming voice was then heard throughout the apartment, "The pizza'll be here in about twenty minutes!"

Remelda nodded, even though Sirius wasn't able to see her, before looking back at Remus. "Come on, help me put up the rest of these dishes."

Remus didn't argue, only asking her the different places she already had dishes and helping her. Then, about twenty minutes later, the doorbell rang and Sirius went rushing to the door and taking the pizza. He took it to the living room and placed it on the floor.

"Pizza!" he called, mostly for Nadia who was in their bedroom, and opened the box. "Hey, Moony, mind getting the napkins and cups."

"Sure," Remus got the items, "You have the soda?"

"Um, duh. Now come on, I wanna see Mel's reaction!" Sirius cheered as Remelda blushed and sat down on the floor next to him.

"Why?"

"Little Mel's never had pizza before," Sirius answered from his sister, who just swatted his arm in response and rolled her eyes. "Ow!"

"You deserved that," Remelda said in defense as Remus laughed and took a seat next to his girlfriend, handing her a napkin.

Sirius opened the box and handed a slice to Remelda with expecting eyes. Creeped out and feeling uncomfortable with his stare, she frowned but did take a bit of the pizza, her mouth filling with the taste. After swallowing her bite, Sirius asked, "Well?"

She shrugged, "It's pretty good." That was a lie; she loved it, but she wasn't about to tell Sirius that.

"Pretty good? Only 'pretty good'? How dare you, Remelda Walburga Black, pizza is delicious and should be treated like it! You take your statement back!" Sirius went off, playing into exactly what she wanted to see.

As she laughed, Nadia entered from the hallway, seeing that Remelda was already eating and her boyfriend taking his own slice as did Remus. She let out a huff, "You're starting without me? How rude!"

"In my defense," Sirius started, looking at her, "Remelda's never had pizza before and I couldn't wait to see her reaction."

"Really? What does she think of it?"

"She said it was pretty good! I mean, who says that? It's pizza! It's wonderful! How dare she!" Sirius ranted onto his girlfriend.

Remelda continued to laugh while eating, feeling quite happy in that moment. She had everything she ever wanted right there. It was nice. It was family.

also hi, this book is ending soon and I thought it might be cool to do a character ask and I'm hoping this won't flop. here are the list of characters you can ask questions for:

remelda

nancy

demetri

alfie

nadia

remus

sirius

regulus

ellie (the author)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

545K 13.5K 44
UNDER HEAVY EDITING THROUGH GOOGLE DOC, THE NEW CHAPTERS WILL BE LONGER AND BETTER WRITTEN ! look under the summary for more info. !Mature themes & S...
37.7K 1K 23
"Ιͺ ᴀᴍ ɴᴏᴛ ɒᴏΙͺΙ΄Ι’ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴀʀʀʏ 𝘺𝘰𝘢" "ʏᴏᴜ α΄„α΄α΄œΚŸα΄… ʙᴇ κœ±α΄›α΄œα΄„α΄‹ α΄‘Ιͺα΄›Κœ α΄α΄œα΄„Κœ α΄‘α΄Κ€κœ±α΄‡, ΚŸα΄α΄ α΄‡." (π•Ÿ) π•£π•–π•˜π•¦π•π•¦π•€: π•‘π•£π•šπ•Ÿπ•”π•– (π•Ÿ) π”Έπ••π•šπ•£π•’: π•Ÿπ• π•“π•π•–, 𝕑𝕠𝕨𝕖�...
869K 20.6K 87
Y/n L/n is starting her first year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. She meets many new friends, but there are 4 people she would call h...