Where the Heart Lies

By YolieB

Overworked, underappreciated and seriously lacking in the love/sex department. That was Rachelle's life until... More

Prologue
If you say LOVE one more time....
Its not Blackmail :)
Mr. Magnificent
You didn't woo anyone, who didn't want to be wooed....
You've got quite a grip there...
'Sweet Kiss'
"....Bitch..You ain't got the balls."
Ross and Rachelle together again!
"Why don't you show me Princess."
"You're the Boss."
Surprise!
The Bet
"Damn skippy...you're parked in my spot!"
The Dance of Lovers
Can you say..." What an A**hole"
The plot thickens.....
The Decision is made....
Author's note
Mr. Moore
Love Hurts...
Let's be Friends
Things were going so well...
Screwed!
Call me pathetic...
Move to New York??
"Someone's in a hurry..."
Strawberries and Champagne Pt.1
Looks can be deceiving
"How convenient..."
Author Note: NO LONGER ON HOLD
Do your job!
Check it out
White Picket Fences

Strawberries and Champagne Pt. 2

70 2 0
By YolieB

Part 2-Rachelle POV

With his gun in hand, Max began to step forward and I could feel  his eyes moving up and down my body-I didn’t know how much just by looking with one’s eyes how much it could violate until that moment-I grabbed the robe off the back of the couch and tied it around me. 

“What the hell are you doing here-where’s Eric?” I spat at him. 

“Eric is not here that’s what matters. Finally its just you and me.”

“Look-I don’t know what your thinking but whatever it is-its stupid and Eric is going find out it was you. Therefore I suggest you turn around and leave and I’ll pretend I never saw you.” He stepped closer and began to move backward. 

“See that’s not gonna work Princess-I got things planned for us-first I’m gonna put that mouth you love to run off to some good use. And well we’ll see where the night takes us.” he shrugged as if to see he just invited me to spend the night hanging out on the couch.

What a night this was going to be for me-as the thought ran through my head I began to play out my options. Basically a night that was to be filled with sweating and grunting from the overwhelming feeling of being in ecstasy has turned into a night with the same actions but instead from a result of me fighting for my life, for I was sure that only one us will be leaving this room alive. 

He bent down to pick up a strawberry off the table I took that time to slip out of my shoes, running in stiletto heels on these ceramic tiles would not be an easy task. Then I turned the champagne bottle towards the ground draining its contents-I needed something to use as a weapon and so far bottles have been perfect little helpers.  

 “ Don’t think because I’m a female-I’m gonna make this easy for you.” 

“I’m counting on that.”

“And I suggest don’t loose that gun-cause this time I won’t be missing.” I said while moving around the spillage on the ground. 

He lunged at me hard and not realizing he slipped into the champagne I spilled all over the ground. I took that opportunity to swing the bottle at his head-but he managed to block it causing me to loose my grip. While he was still down trying to get up I lifted my foot to give him the hardest Benção kick into his chest to keep him down-usually in Capoeira your opponent is standing-but in this room we weren’t playing anything.  

The gun he had tucked into his waist just before he lunged fell out when he slipped-so while he was still trying to get his footing I scoured the room for the gun. I didn’t manage to find it-however he found my hair (what was it with these men and pulling hair!) with a grip that could juice a watermelon he began to pull me; after which with one swift movement he threw me into the wall causing me to hit my head, which left me half conscious and dizzy. He picked me up once again by my fucking hair and pulled me across the room-I clawed and ripped at his skin with my nails but it must have felt like I was tickling him. So I did what every woman in such a situation would do- I open my mouth at let out a blood curdling scream-I didn’t think anyone would  hear  me, I remember that Eric told me once that this room was practically sound proof. But by some miracle I felt Max’s grip break and I was free-I looked back and found Max was knocked to the ground.  I turned around and looked up expecting to see Eric but it was Lee-he came back, I don’t know why but he was there-and I could kiss him. 

While I laid there on the floor I could see the gun- it had slid under the couch-so on my hands and knees I crawled over trying to reach it. Behind me I could hear Max telling Lee to stay out this and leave but Lee wasn’t having it. Then suddenly heard what I’m sure was the glass cabinet shattering but I couldn’t see at first who it was that got gurt until I felt someone grab my ankle and pulled. 

Max stood over me breathing fire-with no hesitation I threw out my right foot connecting it with his nose as he began to lean down to pick me up. I could almost hear the crack as his nose broke. He was momentarily dizzy from the impact but when he regained focus he stared down at me like I had two heads, I don’t know why he looked so surprise I told him I wasn’t going to make it easy. Lee tried grabbing him from behind but Max was almost twice his size, Lee  was struggling, so in an effort to help I kicked aiming right at Max’s groin. That kick left me feeling very satisfied especially watching him writhed in pain, Lee had him in a chokehold-but he eventually managed to break free and immediately leaped forward with arms stretched over me only half his body weight was on me but it was enough to knock the wind out of my lungs. At first I thought he was attacking me-but after a moment I realized what exactly he was trying to do. I tried to react but his weight was too much at this point, it happened so slow but no matter how slow I wished I could not avert what was going to happen next.

“No! Lee!” I screamed trying to pull Max back hoping to throw off his aim.

And then there was a loud shot, which echoed throughout the room. I held  my eyes shut for as long as could as to prolong not having to accept the inevitable.“ You killed him, you sound of a bitch.” I said to him while trying to reach Lee who was struggling to breath. There was glass all over the floor-but I didn’t care of the pain they caused as I crawled on my hands and knees. 

“Get back here bitch!”  he grabbed my hair and pulled me back again. I was furious-not only was he causing me split ends and a headache with all this hair pulling but he shot Lee. On top of that he was just a Grade A fucking asshole and it was high time he suffered. I looked down next to me and saw there was a fountain pen that slid across the floor when the table broke. I grabbed it, and when he let go of me and move around me into my view-I used the very last of my strength, lunged forward and aimed for his neck. The screamed he released told me that I had done the job right while he was trying to recover- without bothering to get to my feet, pointless with all the glass on the floor. I stretched across for the gun and spun around on my back faced him and fired. 

The bastard had finally fallen-I stood over him observing the hole in his chest-I wanted to fire again to make sure he was dead (this wasn’t a fucking horror movie-I didn’t want him popping up for a last scare). But I heard Lee coughing and that reminded me that he needed help-I crawled over to his side and knelt down beside him trying to help him breathe. I hadn’t realized I was crying until I could tatse the saltiness in my mouth. I tried blinking away my tears-I had to stay strong, I needed to be strong-but watching Lee cough up blood-I knew he was dying and I couldn’t take. I mixture of anger, sadness and pain flooded through me. I didn’t want to accept it, I couldn’t-not for me-I didn’t want anyone dying for me. He motioned for me to come closer so he could say something-I leaned in and put my ear to his mouth-he was difficult to understand especially over my crying-but I understood.

“I promise.” I replied. I was still cradling Lee in my arms when I felt his body go limp. In that moment more tears came flowing if that was possible as I remembered all that he shared about his life when we spent that day together, recovering from my hangover. About his family and homeland-his dreams to find a daughter he fathered when he was young and carefree. It was a sad thing to have such a sweet soul die, but I was happy that I was here for him-happy that I killed the bastard that did this.

I don’t know how long I was there on the ground by the time Eric came running into the room-I didn’t look up to see his face but I could imagine the horror it must have reflected as it took in the scene around me. He came over to me and told me to let go and go get myself cleaned up he will handle it. 

“Handle it? He’s a human being Eric he’s dead-how do you intend to handle it please tell me.” I snapped out of my daze and narrowed my eyes towards him.

“Don’t worry about it.” he started to pull me away from Lee. 

“Don’t worry about it. You know this is all his fault right.” I said while kicking Max’s body. “He killed him-for trying to protect me. You sure know to pick them don’t you.” I was angry, and yes I know my anger was a misplaced at the moment but I couldn’t help it.

“Go get cleaned up Rachelle, please I need to think and…I just need some space right now.”

“Space…huh….” I felt my eyes narrow even further, I stepped around Eric and reached for the my phone.

“Where are you going?” he pulled my arm back.

“I’m going to call the police.” 

“You can’t do that. I said I‘ll handle it. I’ll get rid of the bodies.”

“You must be out of your mind to think I’m allow you to take his body and just dump somewhere-forget it. I’m calling the police and report this-you can leave here back through the express elevator they won’t have to know you were here. I will figure out what to tell the police.”

“How are you going explain why you’re here.?” he said a bit defeated-I know my cold words were hurting him but in this moment I just didn’t give a flying-fuck. Lee was my priority and Eric was just getting in the way.

“I said to let me worry about that-I will handle it. So just go now and I will let you know when its done.” I turned my back on him and dialed.  He wasn’t happy about leaving but I didn’t give him a choice. 

The police arrived and found me crying on the floor next to Lee. I told them that I was coming here to see Lee-I knew how I was dressed they would think of me as a whore but I told them that my preference to older men wasn’t any of their concern. I went on to explain that Max was a guy I met once in a club-but didn’t leave me alone after that. They were a bit reluctant at first, asking why I didn’t report Max harassing me-I told this sort of thing has happened before but never did I expect to have my lover end up lying dead on the floor. They had questions about the room, who did it belong to-that part I didn’t lie about, much.

“It’s his employer-I don’t know him or what he does. It was to be a special night, finally using this room as you can clearly see. I don’t even know that much about him. In the beginning I was under the impression it was Lee’s but just before this asshole came in I found out that it wasn’t. So he (pointing at Max) came in and thought Lee was attacking me and well…you see the result.” 

“That’s some story.” the Detective said.

“Like it or not-it’s the truth and I’m not gonna sit here and have you call me a liar after the shit I’ve been through tonight. I called you-you have the evidence all around you-the victim, the murderer and a living witness.” I snapped at the Detective who just stepped in.

“Yes, we do have everything we need-it would seem.” 

“Know this, my choice in lifestyle doesn’t make me stupid-so stop going around the bush and say what you want to say Detective.”

“ Well first of all this room-is own by….” he was cut off by other officer with a phone call. After he finished the call he told me that I was free to go. 

Confused as hell-but I heard I was free and the Jamaican sense in me told me to get my ass out of there while I still could. I got dressed told the coroner that I will be taking responsibility of Lee’s body and that to let me know what proceedings will follow. I knelt down next to Lee’s body once last time and whispered a quick thank you and left. 

I got into my car-and thought about how was I going to explain all these bruises. I mean Ella expected the night would be wild and crazy but these scars would be too much to explain. In my rearview mirror I saw a black SUV-it sped up beside me and the passenger window rolled down-with all the movies I’ve seen I half expected a gun to be revealed  but it was only Eric signaling me to follow them. His face did not look happy but I neither was mine-the point was there was some serious potential for more bloodshed this night.

_____________

I hope you like it--Vote or Comment!! 

sorry for any errors 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 141 22
I suggest reading Fallen, Behind Closed Doors, Till Death Do Us Part, and Cute Young Things before this one This is the final story with these charac...
4.9M 147K 56
*** This story is now FREE!!!*** After a traumatic breakup with her college sweetheart, Aria Davenport meets an older, more sexually experienced busi...
DREAM By anonymouslyrare

General Fiction

11.1K 375 12
He blooms in the darkness. The darkness scorches me. This isn't a typical love story. Its scarred. Tainted and deadly. Lies, deceit and heartbreak...
1K 139 43
When you have it all: great job, living in a wonderful city, and the love of your life until...You meet someone that rocks your very core. Your soul...