Safaa

By Kalthumm

Join me as I tell you the story of the timid and naive Safaa.. And how her moderate life took a turn within... More

A/N
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven.
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine.
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen.
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nighteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter Twenty one
Chapter Twenty two
Chapter twenty three
Chapter twenty four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
👐
Chapter Forty Three
An Apology
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Chapter Sixty Five
Chapter Sixty Six
Epilogue

Chapter Twenty Seven

8.7K 1.1K 27
By Kalthumm

After the issue at Aunty Rabi's house,a lot more of Hajiya Turai's deliberate insults continued and Safaa endured it all.Ahmad got so tired of it that he suggested they should see a doctor,maybe if they sought a solution Mama won't be so concerned about it anymore.After going through series of tests,it's discovered that the problem is actually from Ahmad.He might get cured of it with constant check ups and medications and might never get cured.They decided to keep it between the two of them and wait for the wonders of the Almighty.

No one on earth apart from the doctor and the two of them knew of their plight.

A month after their visit to the hospital,Safaa fell ill and Ahmad's joy knew no bounds but it was short lived when she did a pregnancy test and found out that it's negative.They kept on praying and Hajiya Turai kept on pressuring her son to get another wife and also making Safaa's life miserable.

Safaa was so happy when Hajiya Turai announced that she's leaving to Nigeria,after she left,they had two wonderful weeks in a resort but on the day they returned to their home in Sydney,she called to inform Ahmad that she's coming back to Australia to see a doctor and she's returning with Zarah.

Ahmad wasn't so pleased about her return because truth be told,She messed up their lives the last time she visited.Safaa managed to smile when he informed her and assured him that she'll handle Hajiya Turai.

"I'll be okay"

"But Safaa..."

"No buts,I promise" Safaa shushed him.

And He smiled at her,the kind of smile that never fails to soothe her worries.

He pecked her forehead,praying to Allah to grant both of them patience to deal with Mama.

●●●●●●●

Safaa has been on a video call with Abidah since morning,they want to plan a suprise two days trip with their husbands somewhere away from home,that way Safaa and Ahmad can get to spend some time together as Hajiya Turai always intrude and deprive them of their lovely moments as a couple.

"Can you imagine what happened last night?"

"Just tell me" Abidah pleaded.

"I wanted to tell something to that brother of yours and I informed him that we had to talk,it's about that contract,He has to say Yes to it before I sign it you know..."

"Yes Mrs submissive" Abidah chuckled.

Safaa never makes a decision without Ahmad's consent,no matter how wealthy a contract can make her,she always wait for his approval.

"I waited for him har 3am Abidah can you imagine? He does that this days" Safaa sighed.

"Why didn't he come to bed on time then?"

"He told me he was chatting with Mama"

"Ikon Allah,you guys really need a break from that old lady"

"I know right she's making everything complicated,Choose a place for us already"

"You have to choose" Abidah argued.

"I don't know places Abidah,you choose"

"Fine I'll choose"

"I don't feel okay Abidah,maybe it's because I didn't have enough sleep last night"

"Get some rest then,I will call you later" Abidah ended the call.

●●●

Safaa managed to sleep but the headache didn't go away when she woke up.

"I need you to make tea for me" Hajiya Turai barged inside Safaa's room unannounced.

"Okay Mama"

Safaa who has been down with a terrible headache nodded and weakly went downstairs to make the tea for her mother Inlaw,there's a Maid and Zarah is always around too but Hajiya Turai never asks her to do something for her,it's always Safaa who handles her food,her bedroom and even her massage sometimes.It's been weeks since Hajiya Turai came back and true to her words,she's making Safaa miserable and so very exhausted.

She made the tea half conscious as her headache are always extremely bad,she managed to take it to her majesty but instead of an appreciation she received a scorn.

"What kind of tea is that?" Hajiya Turai barked.

"Black coffee,the way you always like it" Safaa mumbled.

"You idiot,why is it so bitter?"

"I don't know Mama,I need to lie down I feel horrible" Safaa pleaded.

"You put something in that tea didn't you?"

Safaa had no strength to answer her so she walked back to her room and cuddled on her bed,she needs the headache to go away because she has an appointment later.She later fell into a deep slumber only to be awoken by Ahmad's not so gentle tap on her shoulder.

"Safaa what did you put in Mama's tea?" He asked grounding his teeth.

"Welcome home" She groggily said ignoring his questions,she's too tired to argue.

"I don't want that,answer my question" He said losing his temper.

"I didn't put anything in there,what do you think I'll put? Ya Rabbi you think I did?" She asked baffled.

"You never liked her and she's there rolling on her bed that her stomach is aching because of the tea you gave her"

"You need to rephrase that,Your mother never liked me" Safaa spat,the anger she's trying so hard to hold back began surfacing.

"And you had to put something in her tea just because she never liked you huh?"

"Can you even hear what you're saying?" Safaa whispered.

"I know alright,just answer my damn question"

"What Mama is doing is so childish" Safaa said shaking her head.

"Oh so now my mother is childish?"

"I didn't say that,but how could she just accuse me of something I'll never do"

"Whatever Safaa,I can't believe you did that,just stop making Mama's meals,I will ask Zarah to do that"

"Unbelievable" Safaa whispered after he marched out of the room.

She gently massaged her forehead and tried remembering how she made the tea,she's sure she didn't add anything extra,she made it just the way Mama likes it and she only left the kitchen once,that's when she went to ask Mama whether she wants sugar or not.The Maid assured Safaa that nobody came inside the kitchen while she was away.

What went wrong then?

●●●●●●

"Mama we should go to the hospital" Ahmad paced his mother's room nervously.

"No" She shrieked.

Hajiya Turai winced in pain holding the side of her stomach.She has no idea that it could hurt like that,Zarah told her the pain will be mild,but it's threatening to take her life.

"Ahmad we really have to take her to the hospital,your wife is so cruel" Zarah panicked wiping away some fake tears.

"Don't bring her into this" Ahmad said suddenly having the urge to defend his wife,Zarah has no right to say something bad against her.

"Take me to the hospi..." Hajiya Turai began but passed out without completing it.

●●●●●

"Innalillahi wa inna ilaihir raji'un" Ahmad kept reciting inwardly as Zarah and him waited at the emergency ward in the hospital.

Several thoughts kept running through his mind,what if something bad happen to his Mama,He can never forgive Safaa for this.She tried following him to the hospital when they were rushing Hajiya Turai out of the house but he stopped her,her audacity to follow them baffles him.

"Oh Mama" Zarah trembled biting off her nails with her teeth.

"She will be okay Zarah,Calm down"

"How can I calm down eh? Didn't you see how we brought her hear,Oh Allah" She wailed making him flinch.

"Sir" A nurse came to him.

"Yes" He answered absent-mindedly.

"Your mother is stable now and the doctor needs to see you in his office right now"

"Oh alright,Thank you" He answered before following her to the doctor's office.

The doctor is a gentleman about Ahmad's age and he kindly told him what's bothering his Mom bit by bit.

"She's poisoned and you were almost late,We could've lost her"

"Subhanallah" Ahmad mumbled beads of sweat forming on his forehead.

"She's okay for now,hopefully she will be alright" The doctor assured him.

"Thank you Doc" He smiled and walked out of the office straight to the room Hajiya Turai is admitted.

He sat on the chair next to her bed and took her hands in his praying to Allah for her safety,health,and a lot more.Ahmad can't imagine life without her,he knows that every soul shall test death but how can he cope,how can he move on knowing that the wife he loves so much poisoned his mother.

"Take care of Mama,I will be right back" Ahmad assigned Zarah and furiously left the hospital,He needs to see Safaa as soon as possible.

He drove home carelessly and with full speed,their maid trembled when she saw how he stormed upstairs,Ahmad has no idea what he's doing,all he wants to get is answers.

Why? What has Mama ever done to deserve such from Safaa?

"How could you" He roared as soon as he step foot inside the room,frightening Safaa.

"How's Mama?" Safaa asked him,she's been worried sick about Hajiya Turai.

"You have the guts to ask me? You wanted her dead right?"

"What are you saying?" Safaa trembled.

"Safaa I never thought..." He began pacing the room.

"What?" She whispered.

"You poisoned her?" He asked moving close to Safaa.

Safaa moved back,because the Ahmad that's talking to her it's not the one she got married too,she's never seen that kind of rage in her entire twenty two years of living.

"What..are..you saying?" Safaa stuttered.

"Yes you won't know what am saying,If anything happens to Maa,I'll never forgive you Safaa" He spat and left her standing mouth agape.

●●●●●●

"Am still alive?" Hajiya Turai asked the moment she opened her eyes to see Zarah by the window of a place which she perceives to be a hospital because of it's scent.

"Mama Oh thank God" Zarah squealed hugging her.

"You almost killed me you crazy girl" Hajiya Turai scoffed.

"I'm so sorry Mama,I never thought it's as strong as that,I thought you will just puke that's all and Mama..." Zarah began blabbering but stopped mid way.

"What?"

"Don't you think this is a sign" She moved closer to her and whispered.

"What kind of sign?" Mama snickered.

"A sign that our plan isn't a good idea"

"Oh please,this is just the beginning" Hajiya Turai chortled.

"Okay then" Zarah nodded like a five year old.

"Call my son to take me out of here,we need to go and teach that girl a lesson"

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Vote
Comment

And share

Kalthumm😘😘❤❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.4K 2.2K 17
I went through my heartbreak messages. I have kept record of them ever since I started dating. My friends got tired of keepin track of my love storie...
1.2K 280 30
Thanks for checking my story 🤩🤩 My life a lesson is about a lady named Omolade. Omolade is a lady with a vibrant charisma, she can't go unnoticed...
1.6K 373 18
*** Only three things are certain in life: death, injustice and love. Umma had drilled this into Amina's head from the day she was born. One couldn't...
420K 65.1K 79
Nabeela has never had life easy, never ever. She is at her wits end. Love and living life has never been her known forte. But, what will she do when...