MY TRUE MATE ‣ SEQUEL

By JueTheWitch

Sequel to My Other Half. ❝ What the plague. ❞ ❝ Stop giving me that look, Wayzz. ❞ Trixx and Wayzz are e... More

WELCOME, AGAIN!
Prologue: Consequences
Chapter 1. Returned
Chapter 2. Already Here
Chapter 3. Lonely
Chapter 4. Debut
Chapter 5. Birth
Chapter 6. First Impressions
Chapter 7. Insecurities
Chapter 8. The Perfect Day
Chapter 9. Protected
Chapter 10. Real
Chapter 11. 1945
Chapter 12. Alya
Chapter 13. Conflict
Chapter 14. Complicated
Chapter 15. Shield
Chapter 16. Hunch
Chapter 17. Him
Chapter 18. WHAT
Chapter 20. Trixx
Chapter 21. Fate-bound
Chapter 22. Dark
Chapter 23. Corrupted
Chapter 24. Wayzz
Epilogue: The End

Chapter 19. Cheater cheater pumkin eater

645 33 83
By JueTheWitch

Adrien's POV

When you just discovered that four people you know are cheating against each other, you don't wake up that good in the morning. 

"Problem?" Plagg asked as we walked to school. 

"Nothing," I mumbled back. Plagg had a surprisingly big mouth. I'm not going to tell him this major issue. 

"Okay," Plagg shrugged. "But I always have spare therapy cheese if you need some." As if to prove himself, he magically produced camembert out of thin air. 

"Yeah, thanks but no thanks," I groaned back. "I'm kinda in the middle of a situation that I can't do anything about." 

"I know what that's like," Plagg nodded. "But once everyone just realizes the goodness of cheese, everything is just poof! Problems solved! Let's go get cheese for Plagg the amazing!" 

"Huh," I raised an eyebrow. "Anytime that worked out properly?" 

"It works everytime!" Plagg exclaimed. "Like one time, Trixx and Pollen were fighting and Trixx was throwing axes at her." Okay, Kwamis are violent. "But I gave her Camembert instead of the ax, so kaboom! To this day, Pollen is alive thanks to me." 

"I really wanna meet this 'Trixx'," I laughed. Then I added sarcastically, "I mean, she threw camembert at people's faces? How cool is that?" 

"A lot!" 

"That was sarcasm, Plagg," I pointed out. 

"Adrien, you can't do 'sarcasm', you're too dense," Plagg replied. 

#

Okay, I thought waking up to the fact that my bestfriend was cheating was bad enough. But seeing him holding hands with his girlfriend was even worse. 

"What?" Nino asked me, confused. 

I glared at him. 

"What?" Nino cried. "Just tell me if you finally want your five euros back." 

I glared at him with more intensity. 

"It wasn't about the money, right?" Nino asked. 

I glared at him. 

Nino turned to Plagg and jerked a thumb at me. "Did Adrien finally master the I-can-talk-with-my-eyes level? Or is he just glaring at me for fun?" 

Plagg looked at me and looked at him. "I think he's just in a bad mood." 

Alya looked at me, smiling. "Adrien and bad mood? There's a combination I thought I would never see." Why is she smiling? She should be yelling at Nino. 

"Did you talk to them?" 

"Gosh woman!" I yelped, jumping up. "Marinette, next time make footsteps before scaring me like that." 

"Did you talk to them?" Marinette echoed her question, her eyes filled with concern and plea. She looked so hurt and so worried that it hurt me to answer. 

"Not yet," I said. 

We both glanced at Nino and Alya, who were both looking at us with a weird look. 

"What's up with you, Marinette?" Alya asked. 

"Nothing," Marinette cried as she started sobbing a little on my shoulder. I wrapped an arm around her shoulder with a big sigh, wondering what I was supposed to do. 

"Why is Marinette crying and why is Adrien glaring?" Tikki asked, standing between the two couple. "And where in camembert's name is Wayne and Trixie?" 

"They're taking a break," Nino and Alya answered at the same time, looked at each other, and burst into laughter, smiling. 

Argh. 

#

Alya's POV

Why is Marinette keep giving me those sympathetic looks at me? What was wrong? Why is everyone looking at me like I'mㅡoh, that's because of the mis-matched socks I'm wearing, never mind. 

"Alya," Marinette said as she pulled me away during break. "I need to tell you something." 

"Okay," I said, puzzled. 

Marinette took a deep breath. "Whatever happens, just know that I really love you and I really care about you. And . . . please don't blame anyone for this but I-I think . . ." 

"You think what?" I begged. 

"Oh, sweetie, Nino's cheating on you," Marinette said, her face in a frown. "I-I'm really sorry. I'm genuinely am. And I would do anythingㅡ" 

"Hold up, Marinette," I said. "Nino's cheating me? Nino as in my boyfriend?" 

Marinette nodded soberly. "I know, it's a shock butㅡ" 

"Marinette, are you sure?" I asked. "Because I'm pretty sure that I made it clear that I would kill him with Trixie's shovel if he does cheat on me." 

Marinette nodded. "O-Oh I know this is such a big change for you but it's true. I saw him. Yesterday. With Adrien. Kissing another girl." 

Rewind. Rewind. 

"Who?" I asked again, still confused. 

"I know this is big but . . . with Volpina," Marinette said. 

I almost laughed. I'm not even kidding, it took all my willpower to try and look really serious. But, wow, Marinette. It was just 'wow'. This was one big comedy. I'm sorry I don't have popcorn with me, actually. 

"Okay," I said, unable to say any other word without smiling. "That's . . . news." 

"I know," Marinette said as she pulled me into a hug. "I know it's all sad. But I promise I'll get back on Nino. I already asked Adrien to take care of it and I hope you don't mindㅡ" 

Rewind. Rewind. 

"Um, I think I can handle this on my own, really," I said with a smile. "I'm sure, Marinette. I can solve this thing out with Nino. I promise you. I'm a tough girl." 

Marinette smiled bittersweetly. "Oh, you poor babyㅡ" 

"No for real," I said, smiling. "Like I can actually handle this." 

"You're so hurt," Marinette sighed with a sympathetic look. "It's alright, Alya. It's a big shock butㅡ" 

"I'm very serious," I cried, exasperated. "I'm fine." 

"It's okay to deny," Marinette sobbed as she hugged me tightly. "I know it's very hard." 

Oh gosh. 

#

Nino's POV

It's not everyday that Chat noir jumps on you in the middle of the street as soon as school ends like he's been waiting for you the whole time. I blinked at the hero and waved a hand awkwardly. I think everything I do comes with an 'awkwardly' now. 

"Hi?" I said, unsure. "Nice to meet you, my name's Nino Lahiffe." 

"Do you love your girlfriend?" Chat noir asked, leaning on the wall, staring straight at me. 

"Um, who doesn't?" I asked. Then my eyes widened. "Oh my gosh, do you not love your girlfriend?" 

Chat noir rolled his eyes. "Of course I do, she's the most beautiful girl on the earth with a best smile." 

"I gotta argue with that," I shrugged. "But why are you asking me this?" 

"Because if you love your girlfriend so much, you wouldn't kiss another girl," Chat noir said, his voice unusually steely and cold, like he's targeting me for some major dissing. 

"Obviously?" I said, still confused. "I'm sorry why are we having this conversation again?" 

"Because," Chat noir said, approaching me as he flicked his wrist. "You're going against your own belief right now. I saw you, Nino, yesterday night." He fingers curled around my throat, pushing me to the wall. "Cheating on your girlfriend." 

Pause! Pause! Dang it, why don't they make pause buttons in real life? 

"Excuse me?" I asked. 

"You were kissing Volpina!" he hissed at me. "Go eat a pumpkin!" 

Ohhhhhhhhh. 

"Oh that," I said, a sigh of relief escaping my lips. "That's actuallyㅡwait, how does this concern you or pumpkins again? I have enough heroes probing my private life already, Chat noir, andㅡ" 

"Hold up!" a voice cried. "And hands off my man!" 

I craned my neck to see my guardian angel. 

"Oh my gosh, thank goodness you're here, Alya," I sighed. "Can you please get this alley cat off my throat. It's kinda starting to hurt." 

Alya marched forward, Marinette trailing behind. "I know what you're thinking, Chat noir, but it's not that. Ninoㅡ" She pulled me closer to her. Chat noir hissed. "ㅡdid not cheat on me. You see . . ." She glanced me and I furiously shook my head, reading her thoughts. 

"No," I whispered. 

"Then how are they gonna stop stalking us?" she whispered back. 

I gave up with a dismissive shrug. 

"I know this is really big and shocking but . . ." Alya started. She looked at Marinette. "And I'm sorry for hiding it from you guys but my Kwami isn't here so I probably won't get punished for this." A big sigh. "I'm Volpina." 

I face-palmed. "You were supposed to introduce me first!" 

"Oh," Alya rolled her eyes. She patted me on the shoulder. "And my boyfriend here is Jade Turtle. Surprise, surprise!" She smiled weakly as she glanced at the two people. 

Chat and Marinette stood frozen for three seconds before heaving a big sigh of relief. 

"I told you it's not a big deal," Chat sighed as he wiped his brow. "Oh my gosh, you have zero idea how glad I am, I was reading to slit someone's throat." 

I touched my throat. Good, still alive. 

"Oh," Marinette said. "Oh well, thank you so much for telling me, Alya! I was seriously worried that you were so naive enough to let your boyfriend cheat on you whichㅡ" She glanced at me. "ㅡI'm sorry for believing but after seeing you guys kiss I didn't have a choice." 

"Now that everything's cleared," I cried. "Can I please go home?" 

"Not yet," Alya grabbed me. "Just tell me one thing, Chat noir. Where's Adrien?" Her eyes sparkled with determination. 

"Um," Chat noir shrugged. "I don't know, the Agreste Mansion?" 

"Where is Ladybug?" Alya asked. 

"Um, I don't know, her house?" 

"Where is Jade Turtle?" 

"Um, I don't knowㅡshoot, right here." He pointed at Nino. 

"Holy camembert!" Alya shrilled. Then she turned to Marinette. "Holy camembert! What in the world? How did I? How did I notㅡoh my gosh just sign my shirt already. No, no, no I have a scrapbook for each of you, sign that." 

"Does anyone tell anyone anything in this world?" I cried. "What is happening?" 

"Don't you see?" Alya shrieked. "That's Adrien! That's Ladybug! They're our best friends! They're our best friends! MY LIFE WAS A LIE! Hold me while I faint!" 

That's what she did, literally fainting in my arms. I glanced at her face, the ghost of exhilaration stilled etched on her face. I glanced at Chat and Marinette, confused. 

"I won!" Chat noir said, jumping up and down. 

"Ugh," Marinette sighed as she fished out some bucks and handed them to Chat noir. Then she looked at me apologetically. "We made a bet on who would figure out faster, you or Alya. It's sad that you didn't figure out yet. Maybe you are denser than all of us." 

"What?" I cried, gawking. "What?" 

"What's up, man," Chat noir smiled as he slid off his ring. A bright green light enveloped him. And standing right in front of me was a smiling Adrien Agreste. "How are you doing?" 

"Oh dude, where did Chat noir go?" I asked. 

"I'm here!" Adrien waved his hands in front of me. "I'm the amazing Chat noir, Ninoㅡor should I say Jade Turtle? I'm Adrien and I'm Chat noir. Now, do you understand me?"

"What?" I cried. "Why didn't I see this before?" 

"I don't know, maybe you're dense? " Patrick walked out from the shadows, looking exhausted. "Hi, my name's Plagg. I work part-time Kwami and part-time mortal." 

I took a deep breath. 

"Oh, Tyler's Tikki, my Kwami," Marinette added with a smile. 

"Just hold me when I faint," I sighed before I fell to the ground. 

#

"You think it's too much shock?" 

"Eh . . . I mean he's still breathing." 

"It might be a coma!" 

"For goodness' sake, chill out everyone." 

I blinked open one eye. Light was streaming in and my body was stiff. I rubbed my temples as I sat up from a very familiar. I adjusted my glasses to see better. I squinted. "Oh, hi, Adrien . . . what am I doing in your bed and where'sㅡ" 

Then everything rushed back and I screamed when I saw Tyler. 

"No, no, no!" Tyler yelped. "We're good people, Nino!" 

"And he's brain just got reduced to a kindergartener's," Patrick mumbled something. He waved at me weakly. "Hey! Remember me?" 

"Plaggy!" I screamed, my voice extremely high-pitched. "Plaggy! Plaggy!" 

"It's Plagg," he corrected. "But good enough, remember what happened?" 

"He tried to kill me!" I screamed again, pointing at Adrien. Oh my gosh, someone just needs to bring my voice back down. I'm starting to sound like a squawking chicken that was being jiggled upside down. "He tried to slit my throat!" 

"Okay, someone do something about that voice," Marinette stated. "It's starting to make me wonder if we have a pet chicken." 

"Shhh," Tyler said. "It's alright, Nino. Let me go through this step-by-step. Thisㅡ" She placed a hand on Marinette. "ㅡis Ladybug. You know Ladybug, right? She saves Paris?" 

I nodded my head like a dumb cow. 

"And thisㅡ" Tyler's hand moved to Adrien. "ㅡis Chat noir. You know Chat noir, right? He didn't try to kill you, he was angry because he thought you were cheating on Alya." 

"Alya," I said, blinking. "Where's Alya?" 

"I'm here!" a voice cried in the back. I swiveled my head around to see Alya drowned in mountains and mountains of Ladybug posters. "Adrien, you're the best!" she cried in joy as she dug deeper, vanishing from our vision. 

"Okay," I said turning back. "And . . . ?" 

"I'm Tikki, Ladybug's Kwami," Tyler smiled. "And this is Plagg, Chat noir's Kwami. You remember Kwamis right. Wayzz helped you transform, right? It's the same way but with other people." 

"Wayzz," I said. "Where's Wayzz? Oh yeah, he's taking a break." 

Adrien looked at with concern and sympathy. 

"And Trixie? Trixx?" I asked. "She's a Kwami, too, right?" Everything was just so confusing I needed double-checking. 

"Okay now we got straightened out the who is who's heroes and who is who's Kwami," Alya said as she crawled out of the mountain. "Let me just start fangirling. LADYBUG? CHAT NOIR? AND NO ONE TOLD ME ABOUT IT?" 

I drowsily blinked. "W-Wait, four heroes, four Kwamis, all in one class, and all best friends and yet no body managed to figure it out?"  Wow. How dense am I? 

How dense is everyone in this world? I bet, earth is even dense. 

"Okay stop the fangirling," I cried as I grabbed Alya by the arms and pushed her down. 

"I CAN'T!" Alya screamed back. "Do you even have any idea what this means to me? This is just like finding out that your celebrity crush was actually your . . . sister!" 

Alya stopped screaming after that. She just continued mumbling unknown words with sparkling creepy eyes that seemed to be channeled with weird determination. I glanced at Adrien. 

"So you're Chat noir?" I asked just to make sure. 

"Yup," Adrien smiled. 

"You're the one that made those awful puns about cheese? Oh my gosh, I can't see you two in one person! You called me fat?" I glared at him. 

"You're the one that made me look like an idiot in front of Marinette!" Adrien screeched back. 

"How was I supposed to know that you were flirting with her when you were throwing around your baton around like an idiot and singing high-pitched love-songs?" I argued back. 

"Sorry to interrupt," Tikki cut through us. Her eyes were widened as she touched her temples as if she was getting some telepathic messages. Plagg pulled her close to him, reassuring her. She looked up with a desperate expression. "But Master Fu just calledㅡ" 

"I told him a cellphone's too much," Plagg mumbled. 

"ㅡand he said that Trixx and Wayzz officially retired from us, forever," Tikki looked like she was going to cry. "What do I do? What do we do? I need to talk to them!" 

There was a pause. 

"Well, what are we waiting for?" Alya laughed. "More drama, why not?" 

AAHAhahahahahahahahhaHAhAHahHAHA I laughed reading my own chapter because it was so HORRIBLE. Yeah, thanks for reading bye. I'm glad I finally got this over. See you in the next chapter with hopefully better content! 

"Do you like cheese?" 

"Yes my favorite is camembert." 

Jue

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.4K 269 26
•••||MLB FanFic||••• ---------------------------------------- || please read the first book before this one <3 || ...
59.1K 1.7K 33
You all know the story. The one about miraculous superheroes, a man who wants his family back, a girl who just wants her crush to notice her, and a b...
Princess By Ella

Fanfiction

96.8K 4.4K 22
"You are my Princess, Marinette. You know that. Don't ever forget it!" They say that words can change lives, but for Marinette, an ordinary Parisian...
3.7K 88 14
This is a Plikki miraculous ladybug fanfic. Every century the kwamis go into the miracle box for training and interviews making sure that their owner...