Habits of My Heart

By Nielle013

I don't care if it hurts, I'll pay my weight in blood To feel my nerves wake up So love me now, or let me g... More

Characters
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
IMPORTANT!!
Chapter 26
Update coming soon!!
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Update?
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Heyyy 😅
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

Chapter 4

3.4K 159 156
By Nielle013

Xena

We're now in the middle of October and the time was getting colder.

I love fall and spring weather. It wasn't too hot or too cold on certain days. I hate winter and summer. New York summer is way to hot for my liking and the winter is as cold as it gets.

Around school everyone was buzzing about the upcoming Halloween party and I was honestly a little excited for once.

I usually don't go out to school parties, but I made a promise to myself that I would enjoy my senior year and experience all the craziness high school had to offer while I still can. I don't want to look back on my high school experience and not have anything fun or exciting to say about it.

I know outsiders are not usually allowed to our school parties but this year it's different. They're trying to raise money for the senior trip and everyone has to buy tickets to get in.

With our school I.D we get to pay $5 but outsiders that don't go to our school have to pay $10 which is fair I guess. I know August and his friends probably going to be there too. That's another reason why I want to go so badly.

I haven't seen him since he came up to the school last month. Which I was bummed about cause i really did want to see him.

On the bright side I started the work study program. I have a total of 5 students that I tutor through the week after school which I don't mind. Only downside is I get home way later than usual.

The pay is good though, I get $180 a month for every student I tutor and since I decide to tutor five students I get $900 every month.

I already got paid for this month and I'm happy. I plan to use the money towards getting a car. I have a total of 7 months left for the school year and in all I'll be getting $6,300 which is enough to get my car.

I was on my way to gym class and I was taking my time going down the staircase. I was in no rush to deal with Mr. Booth.

Before I go to turn the corner I hear hushed voices so I step back and slowly peep around the corner.

My eyes damn near popped out of my head seeing Shanique and Christian or Chris as everyone called him. He was a nice dark chocolate thang who ran for our track team not to mention he was tall as hell. But he was a taken man, definitely not by Shanique.

Him and his girlfriend was both on the track team and Shanique know he have a girlfriend but still chose to mess with him. I watch them sucking each other face before I fully turn the corner letting my presence be known

Looking up they jumped away from each other. I just looked at Shanique who was pretending like they weren't doing anything.

"Wassup Chris, how's Melissa she missed gym class twice last week" I purposely being petty and ignoring Shanique.

"Ah-umm she good her allergies was acting up so she was out, but she good thou" he said scratching his head.

"Oh that's good, I have gym with her now so I'll see her... hey Shani ain't you suppose to be in physics right now?"

"Girl you know I don't like that class I was just gonna come chill with you in the gym or something" she said looking at me

"You know Mr. Booth ain't gonna let you in so that's pointless but okay, I'll be on my way now.. see ya later" walking off I left them right there looking guilty as hell.

Shanique know better especially being that her and Melissa don't get a long. Messing around with her boyfriend is just going to be more drama and this one I ain't with cause she is wrong as hell.

-------------------------------------

It was now after school and i was finishing up my tutoring session. This one went by fast because we were going over study sheets for a test Mr. Keller had coming up.

Instead of focusing on the things they did understand we spent more time over what they didn't and sometimes they'd help each other out on their own which gives me time to finish my homework for other classes.

Leaving the building outside was dark as fuck, for some reason being at school late hours always reminds me of a scary movie. I feel like a clown going to pop out somewhere or some crazy shit.

Today I decided to walk to the Ave to catch the express train. It is faster than taking the local. But I usually would walk an extra block from the school to take the local train. even though it takes longer to get home just to avoid walking on the Ave.

There's always guys hanging out on the corner and the train station always smells like piss. I just hated everything about being on the Ave honestly.

Walking with my head down I try not to look at anyone to draw attention to myself. I wasn't in the mood to be harassed by anyone right now. I just wanted to get my ass home.

"Ayo Xena" sighing I just kept walking. I knew that voice belonged to the one and only Rohan. Him and Jared no life having asses are always on the Ave.

"Hold up, damn girl you moving so fast" he said catching up to me. "What you doing over this side so late babe, shouldn't you be home by now" he said throwing his arms over my shoulder.

Shrugging his arm off me I kept walking at my regular pace. "I'm not your babe lil boy and mind ya business"

"I'm tryna make you my business. So where you going now" this boy need to get a damn clue and stop following behind me. Stoping I turned facing him "first off, I'll never be yours and I'm taking my ass home if you'd let me be on my damn way" I said walking away.

"You know, I really don't appreciate the way you be talking to me. One day Ima knock yo ass upside the head" I had to look at this nigga like he was stupid. Looking around I try to see who the fuck he was talking to cause he had me fucked up.

"I know your raggedy ass ain't talking to me. You got me fucked up. The day you put ya crusty hands on me is the last time you'll use them bítches" he had some nerve come threatening me as if I'm one of his little bítches.

Laughing he walked up all in my personal space "so ya lil threat suppose to scare me or something?"

"Nahh, that ain't a threat homie it's a promise cause I'll be the one to cut them shits off" turning around August was standing behind me with a mug on his face looking at Rohan.

My heart was beating out of my chest I was nervous as fück with him so close to me. I could feel the heat from his body and it was making me jittery.

"My bad I ain't know this was you Aug. Xena know I just be messing around and shit. She the homie we cool" Rohan said. Jared was now standing beside him to see what's going on.

Rolling my eyes at this lying ass nígga. He damn well know we ain't no friends. "Well now you know so dead all that shit ya heard me.. let's go" August said putting his hand on my back leading me away from the train station where I was headed.

"Umm where are we going I have to get home and the train station is back that way" I said stopping in my tracks. As cute as he is I wasn't gonna willing go anywhere with his ass.

Sighing he look down at me "chill shawty I got you, Ima take you home" he kept walking forcing me to walk in front of him. I wanted to say something but I went against it and just kept my mouth shut.

We stopped in front of an all black Dodge Challenger. It's a nice car but it wasn't my type I like Jeeps and big trucks. I'm obsessed with the Jeep Wranglers and the Benz trucks.

He opened the door for me to get in first before going around the drivers side. I admire the inside of his car it was black and red, my favorite color. It was sexy as fuck and it had the new car smell mixed with his cologne and it was turning my brain to mush

August got in and pull off not even putting on his seatbelt. Why is it so hard for guys to put on a damn seatbelt it legit takes like 1 second. He didn't even ask for my address or anything and I wasn't gonna tell him until he asked either.

I was trying hard to focus on making it through this car ride with him so close to me with his heavenly scent tickling my nose.

"So ya name Xena... like the the warrior princess?" He asked leaning back in his seat pulling on his chin hair.

"Yea, that's my name" I said trying to not stare at him too much.

"Hmm.. I like it. It fits you" he said looking at me briefly before turning back to the road. I couldn't stop myself from blushing.

"Thanks" that was the only thing I could've gotten out. I didn't want to say too much and look like a fool.

Majority of the car ride we talked about regular everyday shit to get pass the awkward silence. He asked me about school and life. Having such a normal conversation with him made me realize he's actually an easy person to converse with.

"You want something to eat from here before I drop you off" he asked pulling up to Popeyes drive through.

"Um no thanks I don't eat Popeyes" I can't eat Popeyes. I hate the scent of it. The scent of Popeyes makes me nauseous and sick, I could literally throw up just from smelling it.

He snapped his head in my direction so fast I thought he'd brake his neck "you said what now?"

"I don't eat Popeyes. It's nasty and the scent of it makes me nauseous" I repeated with a shrug of my shoulders.

"Nahh shawty you crazy. You gotta get out my car. I will not tolerate any disrespect about Popeyes" he shake his head looking at me.

I had to look at him if he was being serious but I couldn't tell. "You serious right now?" I ask to be sure cause he ain't gotta tell my ass twice. I would hop right out his shít I ain't gone let him play me over no dirty ass Popeyes's fück that.

"I'm dead ass serious ma get the fuck out" he said not even looking at me.

"Well shit. I'll get out then" I said pulling off the seatbelt. I shouldn't have even got in his shit in the first place. Next time my ass will know better. What the hell am I saying, there won't be a next time.

"Chill princess, I'm just fucking with you. You really think I'd leave you here like that?" he chuckled grabbing on my arm.

"I mean ya face was serious and I don't put anything pass anyone" shrugging I sit back not bothering to put on the seatbelt. I didn't know whether to curse him out for playing like that. Be relieved that he was joking or blushed at the fact that he called me princess.

"I feel you ma but I wouldn't do no shít like that. You just surprised a nígga saying you don't eat Popeyes" Pulling out of the Popeyes drive thru, he went to the Burger King few streets down.

After he got us some food he finally asked for my address. We was actually not too far from my house only a 5 minute drive.

Being that August drove like a mad man he pulled up in front my house in less than 5 minutes. Thanking him for the ride, I picked up my bag from off the floor between my legs getting ready to get out his car when he stopped me.

"What's the rush you tryna get away from me that quick?" licking his lips he gazed in my face. My little heart seriously can't handle all this right now.

"N-no, I just thought you'd have somewhere to be or something" I said not looking his way. I was getting that lil nervous tingle feeling in my stomach again.

Gently grabbing my face he turned my head towards him. "You fucking beautiful you know that?"

My skin immediately lit up with goosebumps. Clearing my throat I gave him a breathy thank you.

"When Ima see you again? I wanna take you out sometime" he was asking me out holy shit.

Biting my lip I was seriously dying on the inside but was calm on the outside. "Umm.. I'm available on Saturdays if you're not busy" I said looking from his eyes to his lips.

He leans in closer to me and my heart started pounding out of my chest. I thought he was about to kiss me but instead he reach for my phone. I assume to put his number in there.

Seconds later his phone rang and he gave me back my phone. "Okay princess I'll talk to you later and let you know when I'm taking you out" nodding my head I gather my things and got out his car closing the door with shaky hands.

He waited until I got in the house before speeding off down the street.

Walking up to my room I drop my bag on my desk. I drop down in my spinning chair twirling in circles with a big smile on my face. I can't believe I had a whole conversation with August and ride in his car. Unbelievable.

Checking my phone I saw that he called himself from my phone after saving his number under Daddy A😛💦🍆. Of course he'd put some shit like that but I wasn't gonna change it either.

Still holding the phone in my hand it vibrated as a text came in from August.

Daddy A😛💦🍆: Don't worry next time you can get a kiss lil baby 😘😉

This man had me blushing like crazy what is he doing to me. Texting him back I wanted to be bold and tease him a bit.

Me: okay daddy 😘☺️

After I pressed send i immediately put his number on Do Not Disturb. I was a coward so I didn't want to see his reply to that.

I screenshot our message and send it in the group chat with Janelle and Martina so we could gossip as usual.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

316K 10.1K 43
Book 1 of August Alsina Imagines. ©bvsedrocky.
36.4K 1.1K 26
(read Is This Love first) Waves don't die Let me crash here for the moment I don't need to own it No lie Waves don't die, baby Let me crash here for...
12.5K 279 31
Who's that Baddie. Girl he's Finnnnnnne 𝗣𝗹𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗲 𝗰𝗵𝗲𝗰𝗸 𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗺𝘆 𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗯𝗼𝗼𝗸𝘀
4.2M 173K 56
Phe-Phe has a past that not much people know about , she becomes a Kindergarten teacher and catches the eye of one of her student's father, which bec...