The Dual Bender

By goldendragon225

Korra x Male Reader. There is a prophecy that came to be whilst the first Avatar, Wan was traveling the globe... More

Chapter 1: The Arrival
Chapter 2: Surprising Hero
Chapter 3: Awake
Chapter 4: I Think I'm Going To Like It Here
Chapter 5: Past
Chapter 6: Breaking Out
Chapter 7: Broken
Chapter 8: Pro Bending Finals
Chapter 9: The Unknown Power
Chapter 10: Phoenix
Chapter 11: The Return
Chapter 12: X-7
Chapter 13: Sky
Chapter 14: The Beginning Of The End
Chapter 16: Let Her Live
Chapter 17: Together
Chapter 18: Vacation
Chapter 19: Nightmares
Chapter 20: Captured And Sickness
Chapter 21: Lucifer
Chapter 22: Family?
Chapter 23: Hurt
Chapter 24: A New Technique
Chapter 25: Reasons
Chapter 26: Control
Chapter 27: Fight For Her
Chapter 28: The Decision
Chapter 29: Aftermath
Chapter 30: Aftermath Part 2
Chapter 31: Hell On Earth
Chapter 32: Do We Get What We Deserve?
Chapter 33: Rue Krauss
Chapter 34: Zagan's Return
Chapter 35: The Spirits Revenge
Chapter 36: Training
Chapter 37: Toph
Chapter 38: The Swamps Vision
Chapter 39: Chelsea
Chapter 40: I Deserve It
Chapter 41: The Progressors
Chapter 42: Assassination In Zaofu
Chapter 43: The Undead Bloodbender
Chapter 44: Occurrences
Chapter 45: Valek
Chapter 46: Kuvira's Weapon
Chapter 47: Kuvira's Arrival/The Vision
Chapter 48: Good Luck
Chapter 49: Valek's Emergence
Chapter 50: The Ancient Ability
Chapter 51: The Battle
Chapter 52: The Other Side Of The Family
Chapter 53: The Awakening
Chapter 54: The Universal Spirits
Chapter 55: A Retelling Of The Past
Chapter 56: Training The Instinct
Chapter 57: Kronos
Chapter 58: The Spirit Of Balance
Chapter 59: The Ancient Secret
Chapter 60: The Arrival Of Kronos
Chapter 61:The Arrival Of Hades
Chapter 62: Evening The Odds
Chapter 63: The Killer Of Death
Chapter 64: Apocalypse?
Chapter 65: Poisoned
Chapter 66: Taken
Chapter 67: A... Brother?!
Chapter 68: Victor
Chapter 69: Death

Chapter 15: The End Of An Era

7.2K 135 111
By goldendragon225

Your POV

I awake to the sound of a ships horn blasting. I get up and go put on some clothes Korra's parents left for me and walk out, but somethings wrong. Where is everybody? I see Pema, Senna, Sky, and the kids, but everybody else is missing.

You: "Where is everybody?" I ask them.

Senna: "The fights started." What?! Already! How did I not know this?

You: "What? Crap!" I say as I begin running out.

Pema: "Wait M/N!" I stop and turn to face her. "Are you sure about this, they said for you to stay here until your healthy enough to go again."

You: "Pema, I'll be fine. They need my help." She looks down but nods. I run outside to see water and ice flying everywhere and the ships bombarding the city. "Damnit! How'd they break through the defenses so fast?!" Although something was strange. I didn't see a single supply ship. Until I look towards the mountain pass. Hundreds of those mech robots were walking through the pass along with at least a thousand men. I begin to fly up and get a better look at which places need help. I see Tonraq and a few other warriors holding their own at the docks. I see the beach's defenses were still up despite the bombardment of explosives coming from the ships. I look towards the inner city and see it. Korra, Mako, Bolin, and Asami were cornered at an intersection. I also see the doctor. I sigh, knowing this is likely the end of my story. But I fly down to help them anyways. I land with a thud in between them.

Korra: "M/N!"

Bolin: "Thank the lords, not gonna lie, we said we didn't need your help, but we definitely did." He says laughing.

You: "You guys need to leave. Now."

Korra: "What?! M/N there are hundreds of soldiers, you can't take them all on alone."

You: "It's not the soldiers I'm worried about. I saw him... That doctor that wants Sky, he's here. You guys need to go to the mountain pass. I saw an army of mechs coming from that direction. Their supply ships are docked on the other side so they'd stay hidden. You need to go destroy the mountain pass."

Mako: "Dude, we can't just leave you here."

You: "If you don't take out that pass we're all screwed. So, go. I'll be fine." Knowing that it's a lie.

Asami: "You guys go, I'll stay here with M/N in case he needs help."

You: "Listen, Asa-" She leans in and whispers.

Asami: "They aren't going to leave you here alone. I'll stay and help, but I know your fight is with that physco doctor, so I won't interfere." I sigh but nod knowing she's right. I see Mako grab Bolin and nod to Korra, then they take off. They've both picked up "fire flying" as I called it pretty well. I turn back in the direction I saw the doctor standing in, and sure enough he walks out with another one of his creations.

Dr. Vexx: "So, we meet again Phoenix..."

You: "I guess so. Who's this? The X-782?" I hear him chuckle, and might I say it was fairly evil sounding.

Dr. Vexx: "This is the newest and last model, I do not need anymore. Because this one, is truly perfect."

You: "Oh really? How so?"

Dr. Vexx: "His skeleton has been injected with Carbon Fiber on top of what you've been injected with. When the 3 metals fused it created an indestructible metal that even you can't cut through. Although he cannot heal himself like you can, he doesn't need it."

You: "He doesn't need it? You really think I won't even land a punch on this guy? That's a lot of confidence for someone who fails so often." I see him chuckle to himself.

Dr. Vexx: "He doesn't need the healing mutation because not only was his bone structure infused with the 3 strongest substances on the planet, but his skin was as well. You cannot cut, bruise, or fracture any part of him. You have no way to hurt him." Oh... Crap baskets.

You: "Uhh... Asami?" she turns to face me after electrocuting two soldiers.

Asami: "What is it M/N?"

You: "You might want to leave, like now."

Asami: "Don't worry I'll keep my distance. I can protect myself." I groan, why are these people so stubborn. I turn back to the doctor and his creation. He was about my height, spiked black hair, he definitely was stronger than me, but I don't see any claws or fangs or anything else I would need to worry about dying instantly from.

Dr. Vexx: "I'm guessing you would want to know the name of your killer?"

You: "Yea, but it isn't gonna be him so I don't need it."

Dr. Vexx: "Why don't you have it just in case. His name, is TitanFall." As soon as the physco finishes his sentence I see it. 4 large blades coming from his knuckles. Each looks to be roughly a foot and a half long. But the one major difference, There a pure black, no shine like mine or Sky's.

Asami: "Oh... That's not good." I hear Asami say. I give her the no duh look. And she shrugs and turns back to fighting off soldiers.

TitanFall: "Mission 1: Kill The Phoenix."

You: "Whoa, you talk?"

TitanFall: "Voice recognition confirmed. Phoenix. It is time for you to die." I see him charge and am barely able to jump out of the way.

You: "What the hell? How are you so fast? That metal in you should slow you down. I should have the speed advantage."

TitanFall: "Incorrect. I am pure metal and muscle, I can carry a maximum weight of 15 tons." Oh you have got to be joking? 15 Tons. 15 Fricking tons! How the hell am I supposed to beat this thing?

You: "Well, I can carry about 1,000 pounds." I say mocking him. Let's see if this thing is human at all.

TitanFall: "Also incorrect."

You: "What? How would you know that about me? I'm in my body I know more about me than you do."

TitanFall: "Also incorrect. I know everything about you F/N Middle/Name L/N." Uhh... How'd he know my full name? "Your parents were murdered when you were 8 years, 294 days. Your sisters were killed when you were 10 years 347 days. You were Vice Admiral of the United Forces Navy." Ok I'm starting to get a bit creeped by this thing. "You have no remaining family. You are the last L/N." No, I can't be... There has to be someone out there. Some aunt, uncle, cousin, or grandparent out there. "You are alone, and weak. In your current state, the poison given to you has worn your muscles. You would be far too sore to lift even half of your maximum weight. And, judging by your heartbeat. You're Afraid of me."

You: "How dare you mention my family... I am going to make you suffer."

TitanFall: "I do not feel pain. Nor do I tire in battle. Every weakness you have exploited is gone. You have a 0.0% chance of victory in this fight. If you surrender the following you will be spared: Surrender the City, Surrender Skylar Johansenn, Surrender the Avatar, and provide the 5-phrase code to get within, and take control of your mind. Do you except these terms?"

You: "Nah, I'm afraid I can't do any of those."

TitanFall: "You will now be executed. Any last words? Mr. L/N?"

You: "No. But do you?" I say smirking. That one was good.

TitanFall: "Execute Phoenix. Engaged." I see him basically fly at me. I again try to dive to my right but this time am met with a claw across my side. I grunt in pain and look down to see 4 large cuts in my side. I look back up towards this thing only to see it a few feet away. I release my claws and block his first swing above my head, but his second one came in to low and fast for me and he cut my calf. I see 4 more gashes in it. I send fire through my feet and fly backwards away from this thing. It's been 30 seconds and he already has 2 large hits on me. I see him fly at me again. I run at him, slide between his feet, then jump up and cut across his back. Although I don't see any blood, only sparks.

You: "What?"

TitanFall: "The doctor told you, you cannot inflict damage on me. Even if I do not land another hit on you. With your heart rate, this high you will bleed out in 117 minutes." Ok... How can he know that? We continue fighting.

Asami POV

Everybody's basically stopped fighting to watch M/N and this TitanFall thing duke it out in the streets. He seems to be holding his own against it, until... I see M/N get tripped up, as he's falling Titan grabs his side and throws him into a building nearby. I see a shop about 2 blocks down begin to crumble. This Titan thing walks through the hole M/N made and a few seconds later a see M/N come flying out of it into the wall of another building. I hear 3 people land behind me and turn to find Korra, Mako and Bolin.

Asami: "He won't let us help him, and trust me, even Korra doesn't stand a chance against this thing." I see Korra hold up a hand signaling none taken. I turn back to the fight to see M/N on a knee trying to stand. He turns to us.

You: "Run! Get Out Of Here! I Can't Beat Hi-" I see it. TitanFall appears right in front of M/N. I hear Korra gasp. I look at her then back to M/N, except, there are 4 black spikes coming out from his left shoulder. I see him cough blood and try to pry the claws from his chest. I can almost feel the scream he lets out when Titan begins dragging him away with his claws still lodged in M/N's chest. I can hear Korra's whimpering behind me. Although I see him stop at the end of the street. He stands behind M/N and raises him up. I see him rip out his claws and M/N begins to fall.

Korra POV

I see him begin to fall. And then he stops suddenly. His head shoots backwards and I see him clench his teeth. Then I look down... 4 black blades emerging from his right side. I see a pool of blood begin forming at his feet.

Korra: "No!" I try to run to him but feel somebody grab me. I look back to see Mako. "Let Me Go! He Needs Help!"

Asami: "Korra... It's suicide. I've seen him fight, we can't beat him..." I couldn't believe it.

Korra: "We Can't Just Give Up!" I yell.

TitanFall: "Yes, young avatar. Come try to save the man you love." I see him twist his claws and M/N scream in return. Although something changes after this. I see M/N's hand begin to spark. "What? You still have the strength to bend?"

You: "You know what's weird?" I hear him say through clenched, and fairly bloody teeth.

TitanFall: "What?"

You: "That Dr.Vexx would inject a metal into you that conducts electricity. And then have you fight against a man who is an expert lightning bender." M/N grabs the claws sticking out from his side and I see TitanFall begin to shake.

TitanFall: "Y-you can't win, n-not with that amount of p-power." I see M/N's eyes begin to glow again.

You: "Tell the Doctor if he wants me dead. To kill me himself." And with that, an explosion occurs. I see M/N come flying out of it and use my airbending to catch him. I lay him down softly and melt some ice near me into water and begin to try and heal him. Although I am stopped by a voice.

Dr. Vexx: "Fine, I'll just kill you myself." I turn to see the doctor in some kind of armor. He flips a mask down and charges us. I feel M/N stir, I see his eyes are still glowing. He gets up and charges at the him. Although this time, I see him release 3 dark gray foot-long claws in between each knuckle instead of his normal claws that extend from his nails.

You: "This Is For My Family! For Sky's Family! And For Anyone Else Who's Lives You Ruined! You Will No Longer Hurt!" I see a sword grow from the end of the Doctor's armor. M/N ducks under it and sinks his new claws into the doctor's armor. I had no idea they went through until he pulls them out and I see blood on the tips of each claw. The doctor falls to his knees.

Dr. Vexx: "You... shouldn't... have, that mutation. What... Are You?" I see M/N bend down so they're face to face.

You: "You call me Phoenix, Citizens call the The Dual Bender, Soldiers call me Admiral. None of which are right." I see M/N stand above the doctor. "I am the spirit of Gaea, and this is my vessel." I hear an oddly feminine voice say. "I was the first goddess, the most ancient spirit besides light and dark themselves. And you will not be forgiven for what you have put my vessel through."

Dr. Vexx: "You know... you have no right to call me a failure... considering you failed to protect your own family." I see M/N raise his hand, and sink his claws into the man's head. He simply falls when M/N pulls them out. "Your creations were never meant to exist. And neither were you." I see M/N turn to us, his eyes still glowing. "I can heal my vessel to an extent, but you must oversee his recovery." I nod, and see the largest of his wounds begin to glow and disappear. "I must go now, his body needs rest, but before I do, I must tell you one last thing. His true title, the one he was originally meant to go by, in the true prophecy. In the original prophecy, the man was to be called, the Wolverine." And with that I see his eyes dim and he falls to the ground. I look to my friends, and back to M/N. I pick him up bridal-style and carry him back towards my house. The era of the Phoenix, is over. Hopefully he can forget his past and start a new one. I look towards his sleeping face. The Wolverine. I wonder what his sister's title was? I guess I'll ask him when he wakes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.2K 1.2K 18
Water, Earth, Fire, and Air. The four elements of the world. There was four nations. Each one named after their element but one nation wanted to be i...
35.8K 1.5K 15
Water and fire are never to mix. The flames would be extinguished, and the water would be boiled. Either way, it is a dangerous affair to attempt to...
8.8K 199 10
This book dead!!!! CHILDHOOD FRIENDS - LOVERS Korra's best friend growing up in the water tribe was y/n. They would do everything with each other un...
7.7K 181 13
WARNING!: If you have not read the previous 2 books (Love is the air) (May the spirits be in our favour), I highly recommend reading those before rea...