Sing Part One (Johnny X Jamie)

By JEDI271217

Buster Moon wants to throw a singing competition that can hopefully save his theater. It gets the attention o... More

Disclaimer
Chapter 1: Buster Moon
Chapter 2: The Future Contestants
Chapter 3: A Singing Competition
Chapter 4: From $1,000 to $100,000 in Two Seconds
Chapter 5: Auditions Part 1
Chapter 6: Auditions Part 2
Chapter 7: Making New Friends
Chapter 8: The Results
Chapter 9: The Prize Money is $100,000?
Chapter 10: "The Cup Song"
Chapter 11: What to Do About the $100 Grand
Chapter 12: After the Auditions
Chapter 13: Johnny's and Jamie's Talk
Chapter 14: Rehearsals
Chapter 15: Meena Returns
Chapter 16: Practicing Jamie's Song
Chapter 17: Later That Evening
Chapter 18: Johnny and Jamie Hang Out
Chapter 19: Rosita's and Jamie's Handiwork and Judith From the Bank
Chapter 20: Nana Noodleman
Chapter 21: More Rehearsals
Chapter 22: Family Business
Chapter 23: Trouble Brewing
Chapter 24: Visiting Nana
Chapter 25: The Full Dress Rehearsal Part 1
Chapter 26: The Full Dress Rehearsal Part 2
Chapter 27: The Full Dress Rehearsal Part 3
Chapter 28: Big Daddy in Prison and First Argument Between the Lovebirds
Chapter 29: Jamie Talks to Big Daddy
Chapter 30: Johnny and Rosita Have Break-Throughs
Chapter 31: Getting Things Ready
Chapter 32: Preparing for Nana's Visit
Chapter 33: The Theater Goes Down
Chapter 34: Trying to Comfort Buster
Chapter 35: Meena Talks to Buster
Chapter 36: Buster Goes From Rock Bottom to Back On Top
Chapter 37: Getting the Group Back Together
Chapter 38: Preparing for the Show
Chapter 40: "Shake It Off"
Chapter 41: "I'm Still Standing"
Chapter 42: "Set It All Free"
Chapter 43: "My Way"
Chapter 44: "Don't You Worry 'Bout a Thing"
Chapter 45: "The Climb"
Chapter 46: After the Show
Chapter 47: The New Moon Theater
Thanks Again!

Chapter 39: The Show is Starting

3.9K 66 8
By JEDI271217

Jamie was finishing getting herself ready (A/N Pic above (minus the purse)) when her zipper got stuck. She found Johnny walking by.

"Hey, Johnny?" she called.

"Yeah?" he answered.

"Could you help me? My zipper's stuck," Jamie explained.

"Sure," he said.

He came in and as he helped her zip her dress up, being careful it didn't get caught in her fur, he noticed her outfit entirely.

"You look beautiful. As always," he said.

"And you look handsome. As always," she returned.

He smiled then asked, "How are you holding up?"

"Pretty good. I just wish--" Jamie started, realized it would be a bad idea to mention, then finished, "Never mind."

"What is it?" Johnny asked.

"Nothing. If I said what I was going to say, it would make us both upset," she replied.

Johnny realized what she meant.

"Is it about your parents?" he wondered.

She hesitated, sighed, then answered, "Yeah."

He turned her around and held her close. She returned it as he spoke.

"Jamie, I know you miss them, but don't forget you have another family. Rosita, Norman, their kids, Ash, Gunter, Meena, Mr. Moon, Miss Crawly, Eddie, Mike (well more or less for him)," he explained, making Jamie giggle at that part, then he continued as he got her to look at him, "And me. You've been a part of my family from the first time I saw you. I hope it's the same case with you."

She cupped his face gently as she answered, "It is. I don't know where I would be right now if I hadn't met you. You're one of the best things that has happened to me and if I were to do it all over again, I would."

He smiled and they hugged once again. Jamie noticed Rosita looking at them and they gave each other a thumbs up and a smile.

Meena was teaching Eddie about being a stagehand when Buster came up to them.

"Hey. How's our new stagehand getting on?" Buster asked.

"He's learning fast," Meena answered.

"All set and standing by! I love this headset!" Eddie shouted from the headset he had.

"The audience are in their seats, Mr. Moon," Miss Crawly informed.

"Great!" Buster exclaimed.

He looked from behind the curtain to only see Norman, the piglets, Meena's family, and other animals here and there.

"That's all?" he asked.

He left then Rosita and Jamie looked out to see Norman, desperately trying to get the piglets under control.

"Get your pants back on, young man! Please, you guys, please. Please sit down! Hey, put your shoes back on right now! Zoe, I saw that! Stop it! And, Leo, that is disgusting!" he commanded.

They just smiled and went backstage with the others. Jamie and Johnny held hands as Buster came up to all of them, standing on a sandbag.

"Okay, guys, listen up. Look, I gotta tell you, um, there's not much of an audience out there tonight. But you know what? It doesn't matter. It really doesn't. 'Cause tonight is our night. And whatever happens, I just want you all to know how proud I am to be a part of this with you," he explained.

"And we're proud to do it with you, too," Jamie told him.

"Thanks, Jamie," Buster thanked.

"Good luck, Mr. Moon," Rosita said.

"Good luck, every-- whoa!" Buster said then was sent flying in the air and landed above the stage.

"Whoop. Uh...sorry. Just jumped the cue there. Don't worry. I'm gonna get the hang of this," Eddie assured.

And they were ready to begin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Time for the show to officially begin! Here we go!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.6K 586 9
After working at a small cafe for almost her whole life, and trying to avoid drama and other stuff-(Y/N) still managed to practice singing and have h...
4.8K 191 26
"They were a success! Buster couldn't believe his own eyes. While it's a far-off dream for a child, thirty years of both experience and love of theat...
42.6K 1K 31
(Y/N) is a human girl born in a world of animals. At the age of (your age minus 15 years), she is found by Buster Moon and his dad in a alley, knocke...
1.3K 11 20
After the success of their first show, the Moon Troupe became a big hit in the New Moon Theater. Chris, now a singer like his mother, thrives with hi...